Feb Unity Wanted
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-11 13:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
JFC... Why can't these stupid things be KIs... or something... why's it gotta eat ten inventory slots... bluh.

Because then you wouldn't get that feeling that you "won" inventory+10 when Bonanza numbers are announced! See, a prize for everyone!
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-11 14:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
It's too bad that they don't bother adding more jobs to the new ilvl versions of the weapons and armor

They are bringing back all of the Zilart/Cop HNM & special NM-tier monsters back into the fray, revived into Ilvl form. They are just being lazy with the job selection and model of it, because its easy to code the exact same monster, with higher stats, and drops the same exact thing, with just higher stats. Nothing has changed since hunting the former versions of these monsters, its just they decided to call it WANTED and it has some niche upgrades.

Looking at the list, its clear LoO is giong to be added sooner or later, and yes, it is going to be a huge disappointment for GEOs (they weren't on Kclub). I don't know about bosses like Tiamat/Vrtra etc, but the current model seems to be the following:

-Was the monster popular? Add it.
-Did it drop something niche and was trendy? Add it
-Did people fight over these monsters back in the day? Add it
-Were there some monsters that dropped absolute garbage that we can encourage some players to take another stab at (Largantua)? -Add it
-Add new jobs to these items? Nah, that'd be too much work

Xol will probably drop a new Kote: Att+30 Acc+30 Haste+3% Evasion+30 STP-15 Unity Ranking: Zanshin+5-15%

Just wait moldy earring v2 will join the fray soon.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-02-11 15:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if someone over at SE was still working on storyline to explain why the sudden explosion of high-level NMs again, a great disturbance in the force type thing. Do that, and I can live with the rehash.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-11 15:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Since these unity NM fights are a quick dps faceroll already, can we get a Snoll Tzar 2.0 ?

They could make it unstunnable,
have it paralyga/stunga to curb our tp gain and ruin skillchaining,
and then have it self destruct for 99k damage if it doesnt die fast enough.

Douma weapon is almost a good fight, it just dies too fast.
We pop and kill these so fast its almost a minigame in itself to see how many you can do before your bard has to re-sing songs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-11 15:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
It's too bad that they don't bother adding more jobs to the new ilvl versions of the weapons and armor
They are bringing back all of the Zilart/Cop HNM & special NM-tier monsters back into the fray, revived into Ilvl form. They are just being lazy with the job selection and model of it, because its easy to code the exact same monster, with higher stats, and drops the same exact thing, with just higher stats. Nothing has changed since hunting the former versions of these monsters, its just they decided to call it WANTED and it has some niche upgrades. Looking at the list, its clear LoO is giong to be added sooner or later, and yes, it is going to be a huge disappointment for GEOs (they weren't on Kclub). I don't know about bosses like Tiamat/Vrtra etc, but the current model seems to be the following: -Was the monster popular? Add it. -Did it drop something niche and was trendy? Add it -Did people fight over these monsters back in the day? Add it -Were there some monsters that dropped absolute garbage that we can encourage some players to take another stab at (Largantua)? -Add it -Add new jobs to these items? Nah, that'd be too much work Xol will probably drop a new Kote: Att+30 Acc+30 Haste+3% Evasion+30 STP-15 Unity Ranking: Zanshin+5-15%
Just wait moldy earring v2 will join the fray soon.

I sure hope not. How many rehashes of Moldavite Earring can we get?

Moldavite Earring
Novio Earring
VW Earring
Sortiarius Earring (same model)
Hecates Earring
Crematio Earring

Like seriously. We're content with Friomiso/Crematio, unless we're going to get a substantial boost.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-12 12:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Carbuncle.Galmaximas said: »
can you give an example of what this would look like via gearsawp I.E is it a function or what? thanks in advance

Here's an example for Desert Boots. In gearswap, you can have a function called job_buff_change(buff, gain). This function is called whenever you get (or lose) a buff. So, I coded it so if I get Sandstorm, it pulls my Desert Boots out of my sack and equips them. As soon as I lose sandstorm, it puts them back away.

Now, in that rare scenario I actually do get sandstorm, I'll run faster. I'll probably also code it so it happens if there's weather going on too.

It looks like this:

Code
if (buff=="Sandstorm" and gain) then
		if (not player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
			send_command("get Desert Boots")
			if (not pet.isvalid or (pet.isvalid and pet.status == 'Idle')) then
				send_command("wait 1; gs equip sets.DesertBoots")
			end
		end
	elseif (buff=="Sandstorm" and not gain) then
		if (player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
			if (pet.isvalid) then
				equip({feet="Convoker's Pigaches +1"})
			else
				equip({feet="Serpentes Sabots"})
			end
			send_command("put Desert Boots sack")
		end
	end

Note there's some pet like stuff in there, cause I'm a summoner, so I'm adjusting the equip whether or not my pet is currently attacking something (I don't care about it if I'm in combat). You wouldn't need all that, but you might have conditions of your own if you're a different job.

This will only equip it once, but if you tweak your customize_idle_set function, you can make it so it will maintain it on your idle set if you still have the buff and change your boots for some reason:

Code
if (buffactive["Sandstorm"] and player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
		idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, {feet="Desert Boots"})
	end

And, if you want to be super sure that the boots get put away properly and get taken out properly (just in case you like disconnect or something, who knows!) you can add an extra check before that too:

Code
if (player.inventory["Desert Boots"] and not buffactive["Sandstorm"]) then
		send_command("put Desert Boots sack")
	elseif (buffactive["Sandstorm"] and not player.inventory["Desert Boots"]) then
		send_command("get Desert Boots")
	end

Hurray for coding. I'm getting to be a big fan of doing stuff like this for conditional items. I'm doing it for my Balrahn's Ring and reive necklace too.

How would the command function for the earring dusk/dawn work?
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-02-16 06:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you asking how to compare the current time? The variable listed in the spreadsheet is world.time

edit: took code from bokura's nin GS, my example was wrong
Code
if world.time >= 1020 or world.time <= 420 then
                        equip({feet="Hachi. Kyahan +1"})
                end

Code
if world.time >= 1080 or world.time <= 360 then
                        equip({ear1="the earring"})
                end

1080 = 18*60
360 = 6*60

between 06:00 and 18:00, it will equip the earring in that example
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-20 01:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple notes about each of these, we did 4-5 of each:

Bat: has En-dark, hits for around 400 damage + 400 darkness in tp set. Has Dreadspikes. Pretty easy fight.

Bugard: Seemed weak to magic/ice, easy fight again, something causes hate reset (or the mage just pulled too much enmity nuking).

Buffalo: Pain in the *** lol, Rabid dance gives Eva+ easy to dispel. Gains MASSIVE attack boost over time, or after each tp move. 800-900 to Ochain PLD, 2k to RNG in tp set...

Xolotl: Pops adds @ start, 2-3, pops more adds every minuteish, seemed to be no limit, had up to 15 at once super tanking as PLD. Skeleton adds go to whoever had initial hate (most) of the time... sometimes they went after a seemingly random pt member. Can Charm, Danse, not Gala, does Final Retribution for 2kish damage.

Got a Proc on 3/4 of them, bat and buffalo had something to do with weaponskills. Not sure what proc'd bugard. And no procs on Corse.

**EDIT** Killing the adds on the corse !! it. I think it needs 6+ adds out to unlock Gala Macabre.