Unity: Job Specific Items
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-01-19 00:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So SE has been rehashing old gear for a while now and it seems that they've decided to make a leap toward awarding Job Specific iLv119 items as their Unity Rewards.

SMN received upgrades to Yinyang Robe the Shomonjijoe and Shomonjijoe +1
This item does not fulfill the idle/perpetuation/fulltime purpose as its predecessor did. It serves mostly as a macro piece which can be rivaled by various other options. The new robe is a disappointment for the Summoner community throughout all of Vana'Diel, it only brings back the nostalgic token Summoner fashion of the level 75 cap days.

SAM received upgrades to Daihannya the Kinimune and Kinimune +1
This item is another underwhelming item which did not cause as a big buzz as Summoner's Gi. Perhaps an iLv119 Soboro Sukehiro would have been better received.

RNG received upgrades to Heavy Shell the Stinger Bullet
This item pretty much flew under the radar, perhaps due to that Ranged Accuracy-20. It brought practically no attention to itself because it cannot be upgraded, that role was given to the Stinger Helm.

THF received upgrades to Sirrocco's Kukri the Jugo Kukri and Jugo Kukri +1
This item took the cake and ate it too! Thief definitely stole the spotlight this update. Much like the Robe, it was a staple must have item for anybody who played the job. The new high quality Kukri comes equipped with the lowest delay seen to date and fulfills the low delay void every Thief longed for since level iLv weapons were introduced.

So, which nostalgic Job Specific armor or item would you all like to see brought back as a Unity reward? What possible unique stats would it probably offer? Would its upgrade be likely to disappoint or satisfy?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-19 01:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin got the old Orctrap katana, upgraded to Tancho and Tancho+1
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-19 01:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What weapons can use stinger bullets? As I recall only culvarin could use heavy shells cuz it's a cannon. Is the new stinger bullet a "cannon shell"? Otherwise most rng will never use it most likely.

Thing is, they're making JSE drop from NMs that dropped JSE. I could maybe see an Ifrit's Cauldron Voivre dropping an ilvl Gae Bolg or a bibiki bay's pugil dropping upgraded Volan Greaves. Oh god i just had a thought of labrynth of onzozo dropping an ilvl assault jerkin :/

Old areas had plenty of JSE but newer areas didnt. I can't think really of any JSE swords or equipment for BLU, JSE for SCH, etc. NIN and SAM get jse weapons often because their weapons types are JSE. But i really never seen jse for jobs like sch dnc brd cor.

I wish they brought back more jse accessories or random pieces of armor. Whm gets seraph hands and those new cure legs from puppet in peril etc. most jobs dont get any jse.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-19 01:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
What weapons can use stinger bullets? As I recall only culvarin could use heavy shells cuz it's a cannon. Is the new stinger bullet a "cannon shell"? Otherwise most rng will never use it most likely.

Thing is, they're making JSE drop from NMs that dropped JSE. I could maybe see an Ifrit's Cauldron Voivre dropping an ilvl Gae Bolg or a bibiki bay's pugil dropping upgraded Volan Greaves. Oh god i just had a thought of labrynth of onzozo dropping an ilvl assault jerkin :/

Old areas had plenty of JSE but newer areas didnt. I can't think really of any JSE swords or equipment for BLU, JSE for SCH, etc. NIN and SAM get jse weapons often because their weapons types are JSE. But i really never seen jse for jobs like sch dnc brd cor.

I wish they brought back more jse accessories or random pieces of armor. Whm gets seraph hands and those new cure legs from puppet in peril etc. most jobs dont get any jse.

Honestly if you want to open the healing jobs up, SE should have added RDM and SCH to those Cure pants, would have been a great addition.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-01-19 01:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

I wasn't even aware of that, totally overlooked it. Guess it was the first JSE item of many to soon come.

Good attention to detail on the Cannon Shell and new bullet, I didn't even think about that. But DRG with a new Gay Buldge would be awesome!
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-19 01:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jobs that tend to get a lot of jse are like MNK, SAM, WHM, THF, NIN, BST, SMN. Kinda one of the reasons why i liked abyssea was because there was so much other jse besides empyrean dropped(weapons earrings ammo capes necks etc). I had hoped when ToAU came out that khim/cerb/hydra would drop like a blu sword or a cor gun, but nope, drk greatsword, pld sword and an axe. When ixion and sandworm came out, i hoped for a badass dnc dagger or a sch staff, but again disappointed. So many missed opportunities to add jse. Even in SOA, other than af and af2 there's no nms that drop a GS or piece of armor for RUN, or for GEO.

What made Gae Bolg unique was its high dmg high delay for it's time. Back then, Gungnir was D100 and the next highest polearm was Ice Lance +1 which had D90 and like 480 delay. Gae bolg has D95 and i think like 528 or something delay(too lazy to check). I think the current highest base dmg polearm is 277 from leviathan, compared to 245 ryuno. A new gae bolg could have like 280-285 base dmg and sport some other neat stat, and higher delay.

I can see them doing unity in sky but likely would only benefit mnk/sam/war/bst/brd/nin cuz its all those jobs, unless like ilvl seiryu sword/suzaku scythe/byakko axe/genbu shield are also boss.

Next tier of unity will probably be lufaise meadows and probably riverne. I doubt they'll do unstable cluster. Maybe the hipogryph that drops knightly earring. For lufaose, uh astral earring NM?
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-19 01:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »

I wasn't even aware of that, totally overlooked it. Guess it was the first JSE item of many to soon come.

Wasn't Roc's iLv Healing staff (Ababinili) first?
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-01-19 02:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
Ragnarok.Garota said: »

Wasn't Roc's iLv Healing staff (Ababinili) first?

I didn't even know that either! LOL Guess WHM, NIN, SMN, SAM, THF, RNG have got their JSE items so far then.
By Creecreelo 2015-01-19 04:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst got a JSE axe, Buramgh +1, and Brd got a crappy flute, damani horn +1.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2015-01-19 06:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

While not JSE, iLV abjuration sets. The LV99 were great but way too short lived. A tatter system ala 73/75 abj. to me would be better than the Honor system.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-19 06:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

iLvl Cross-Counters maybe tropical/fruit punches

I can't think of one for DRG other than Thrk. Breastplate

But I'm pretty sure the next set of unity will be sky.
Indra Katars, Shiranui, Scarecrow scythe, Tonbo Giri, etc

If they don't go straight to the gods, that is
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-01-19 06:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just put Dancer on the upgraded sirocco ; ;

I would rather see upgraded empyrean than a whole pile if midtier compromise gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-19 06:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Willing to bet that DNC will get a Unity Hovering HotPot dagger, if they don't do unity Serket.

Basically every NM an oldschool player can think of that was worth camping, expect the Unity form. 1 per zone.

Poisonhand
Da'Dha Hundredmask
Quu Domi the Gallant (because they already made ilvl okotes)
Cassie
Guivre
Ungur/Wyvernpoacher/Bune (a lot of big names in gustav)
(a lot in cauldron too)
Charybdis
LoO
Then obviously fluffy/adamantoise/kb
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-19 07:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Willing to bet that DNC will get a Unity Hovering HotPot dagger, if they don't do unity Serket.

Basically every NM an oldschool player can think of that was worth camping, expect the Unity form. 1 per zone.

Poisonhand
Da'Dha Hundredmask
Quu Domi the Gallant (because they already made ilvl okotes)
Cassie
Guivre
Ungur/Wyvernpoacher/Bune (a lot of big names in gustav)
(a lot in cauldron too)
Charybdis
LoO
Then obviously fluffy/adamantoise/kb

Don't forget Overlord Bakgodek.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-19 07:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah and the 1 NM that drop the RDM enhancing sword.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-19 07:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Oh yeah and the 1 NM that drop the RDM enhancing sword.
That's Bune......
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-19 08:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of this Unity stuff solo able?
 Odin.Ladyrikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-19 08:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

iLv225 Hakutaku D:
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-19 08:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

Depending on what you define as solo, true solo: I'd say no.
Multiboxing, some may be.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-19 08:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring on the OHats!

SE had mentioned messing with wyrm repops. I can only assume that would be due to Unity. If they did do Unity Wyrms, we'd get iLvL versions of:

Ridill
Hrotti
Aegishjlamr
Balmung
Andvaranauts
Herald's Gaiters
Noritsune Kote
Revilers Helm
Mercurial Pole
 Odin.Ladyrikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-19 08:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 3 people to pop it, can't use trust. But those Lv75 unity NMs can be soloed if you bring 2 leechers.
[+]
By Zoltar 2015-01-19 09:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of the 15 minute time limit opposed, solo would be very hard
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-01-19 09:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, once again it depends on your definition of solo and barring quirky mechanics, but a well geared damage dealer with adequate support can take most NMs down within a couple of minutes.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-19 10:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch the new ridill be ilvl 115 with 188 skill and like 80 base damage. It'll still only be war/bst/drk/thf anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-19 10:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch the new ridill be ilvl 115 with 188 skill and like 80 base damage. It'll still only be war/bst/drk/thf anyway.

Of course it'll retain the same jobs, I'd still take it with 115 skill (since they seem content on leaving us at 119 for 5 *** years).
By Elazar1 2015-01-19 10:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Of course it'll retain the same jobs, I'd still take it with 115 skill (since they seem content on leaving us at 119 for 5 *** years).
I for one don't want the level cap to go up, need to give us content that does not takes 45 minutes and bam woot got all the drops, that was so hard lol..
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-19 10:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity requires 3 people to pop no matter what.
First Page 2