Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Unity: Job Specific Items
Unity: Job Specific Items
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-19 11:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a friend kill Bertha on BRD solo with me and his Alt leeching EXP. So I think the Lv75 Unity NM can be solo if u bring 2 leechers.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-19 11:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotg was story rich. Even though they were mostly optional, the nation questline were incredibly good, maybe even better than the main wotg story(mostly windurst's story). Adoulin's story has been kinda weak because there wasn't much character development. Everything was kinda rushed, battles were easy except for maybe one. CoP seemed longer also because you to manually run everywhere. SoA you had waypoint warps to every major map/dungeon except the last area.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
By Mooserocka 2015-03-28 10:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer gets it the worst. All these daggers dnc can't use any
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-28 10:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there's augmented ipetam plus shark dagger
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mooserocka said: »
Dancer gets it the worst. All these daggers dnc can't use any

The general lack of DNC-usable gear in and of itself in all of this is aggravating. Hopefully eventually DNC will get decent gear. I've seriously been using more or less the exact same gear for months now. Only additions I can think of have been Fotia Gorget/Belt, and Maculele.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

I really don't see Ipetam as being all that useful, or obtainable for most people.

I don't say that because the dagger itself is hard to get, but because, without particular, and good, augments, it's pretty crappy in general.

+DMG, +ACC/ATT, +SaveTP, +WSDMG. Without some combination of those, with rolls on the high end, it's really not much more than inventory +1. With the slightly lower base DPS, you need that +DMG to make up for that. Individual hits will be harder, but you'll fewer of them, so while you'll have higher damage on WSes, you'll do them slightly less frequently, and missing will hurt you more. And you'll be missing more due to the lack of +acc and +dex on the base item.

SaveTP is nice, except 100 is really not a whole lot. It saves you maybe two hits, but is not especially game-breaking. +WSDMG is, without massive +DMG on the weapon itself, and even with it, much more easy to get on a Toetapper, and probably better in general to get on Taeon.

Even then, if you're mainhanding Ipetam, what are you offhanding? Izhiikoh? Sabebus (if you didn't get the currently 'wrong' upgrade path on it)? You shouldn't be offhanding Polyhymnia because you shouldn't have gotten one in the first place, Vanir Knife is useful mostly for tanking or when you expect massive magic damage, but then it'd only be for that, and you'd also be wearing your MDT gear on top of it. The best offhand right now seems to be OAT Atoyac, slight debate on WSDMG or Crit. If you have a decent ACC set you shouldn't have a problem capping hit rate on the offhand, even with the lower skill, and with the new Empy pants to TP in, you can make up for that (and boost acc in general even higher, freeing up other slots for damage gear instead of acc), so why are you ever using anything else offhand?

Ipetam is just bad, even with the current augments, simply because a lot of the player base doesn't have 100 million gil to blow getting good augments on it. And for every person I see with a correctly/well augmented Ipetam, I see dozens with base, or crappy, ones, who would be better off with pretty much any other 119 DNC-usable dagger that's not Polyhymnia.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-28 12:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »

I really don't see Ipetam as being all that useful, or obtainable for most people.

I don't say that because the dagger itself is hard to get, but because, without particular, and good, augments, it's pretty crappy in general.

+DMG, +ACC/ATT, +SaveTP, +WSDMG. Without some combination of those, with rolls on the high end, it's really not much more than inventory +1. With the slightly lower base DPS, you need that +DMG to make up for that. Individual hits will be harder, but you'll fewer of them, so while you'll have higher damage on WSes, you'll do them slightly less frequently, and missing will hurt you more. And you'll be missing more due to the lack of +acc and +dex on the base item.

SaveTP is nice, except 100 is really not a whole lot. It saves you maybe two hits, but is not especially game-breaking. +WSDMG is, without massive +DMG on the weapon itself, and even with it, much more easy to get on a Toetapper, and probably better in general to get on Taeon.

Even then, if you're mainhanding Ipetam, what are you offhanding? Izhiikoh? Sabebus (if you didn't get the currently 'wrong' upgrade path on it)? You shouldn't be offhanding Polyhymnia because you shouldn't have gotten one in the first place, Vanir Knife is useful mostly for tanking or when you expect massive magic damage, but then it'd only be for that, and you'd also be wearing your MDT gear on top of it. The best offhand right now seems to be OAT Atoyac, slight debate on WSDMG or Crit. If you have a decent ACC set you shouldn't have a problem capping hit rate on the offhand, even with the lower skill, and with the new Empy pants to TP in, you can make up for that (and boost acc in general even higher, freeing up other slots for damage gear instead of acc), so why are you ever using anything else offhand?

Ipetam is just bad, even with the current augments, simply because a lot of the player base doesn't have 100 million gil to blow getting good augments on it. And for every person I see with a correctly/well augmented Ipetam, I see dozens with base, or crappy, ones, who would be better off with pretty much any other 119 DNC-usable dagger that's not Polyhymnia.

I think I blow 5 million getting a ipetam that beats a shark dagger/Atoyac combo. Augment was something like D + 13 accuracy 15 attack 15 and a critics plus or something. I have to check when I get back.

I mean it suxs those dagger is not for dancer but there's still a ipetam or unfortunately stick with atoyac.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-28 13:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »

I think I blow 5 million getting a ipetam that beats a shark dagger/Atoyac combo. Augment was something like D + 13 accuracy 15 attack 15 and a critics plus or something. I have to check when I get back.

I mean it suxs those dagger is not for dancer but there's still a ipetam or unfortunately stick with atoyac.

Uh, pretty sure Atoyac is gonna come out on top as doing more damage. 40% OAT is pretty big if you have the ACC to hit things, which you should.