New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI solo or duo friendly now? Current state pls
FFXI solo or duo friendly now? Current state pls
First Page 2 3
By Teapo 2015-01-18 21:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i have played ffxi off anf on since day 1, and was wondering if the new expansion is solo or duo friendly? I have been joneing to play again. Abyssea was great and i love worm parties oddly enough. do people still do those?
By Nazrious 2015-01-18 21:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you and your friend have 2boxing skills then in time you could duo 97.5% of the game, but if only 1 character each will likely not be able to tackle much higher than Normal level BCNMs.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-18 22:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There has never been a time in the game's history where it has been more accessible. That isn't to say you can solo everything but you can do a great deal alone now especially with trusts.
By Teapo 2015-01-18 22:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my biggest questions are is windower still supported and can you duo abyssea weapons? actually are they even good anymore.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-18 23:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Teapo said: »
I guess my biggest questions are is windower still supported and can you duo abyssea weapons? actually are they even good anymore.

Yup, Windower is still around. By abyssea weapons I assume you mean Empyreans, and a few of those are still good but you need to take them to ilvl 119 or else they're completely obsolete, which can be a huge gil commitment. The weapon skills from them can be permanently unlocked, though, if you have the corresponding lvl 90 empyrean or the 99 WOE version.

Edit: Oh crap, that was my 2,000th post. Obligatory pic time.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-18 23:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The vast majority of content can be soloed or duoed, especially with the addition of the Trust system. You won't be able to accomplish some endgame content, but you can do basically anything up to that. You can easily duo Empyrean weapons, but, unfortunately, the vast majority are not too good anymore. Ochain and Daurdabla are the only two that come to mind that are really worth the investment. Not to say that they're all bad, but their prices are comparable or more expensive than mythics, so you might as well just make the far superior option.
By Teapo 2015-01-18 23:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a guide or wiki on the trust system and/or a whats new in this xpac. also a link to windower if you got it.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-18 23:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's BG WIKI that has....like everything you will need to know.

And this is the link to Windower.

^.^
By Teapo 2015-01-18 23:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks seeker.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-18 23:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks seeker.

You're welcome. Feel free to message me with questions if you need to as well.
By Teapo 2015-01-18 23:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i sent you a pm ^^
By Teapo 2015-01-19 00:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a cooldown on summoning an npc? like the follower was 24ish and you could get other shells that did it also. The trust system seems really cool but are they as good as another player like for dispeling abnd healing or is it clunky, i found the follower system a tad clunky back in the day.
 Bahamut.Aelissa
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-01-19 00:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a cooldown on summoning an npc? like the follower was 24ish and you could get other shells that did it also. The trust system seems really cool but are they as good as another player like for dispeling abnd healing or is it clunky, i found the follower system a tad clunky back in the day.

They work really well, some maybe alittle too well? (I noticed shantotto doesn't spam magic as much as she did last year so I'm guessing she got nerfed somewhere along the road)... but if you have kupipi out for healing she'll cast erases/poisona's faster then you can see it sometimes ;P The DD's keeps their tp untill they can chain with you or among themselfs, so they are actually alot better then the follower (though i haven't used her in awhile maybe they got better too).
By Teapo 2015-01-19 00:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

this feature seems super exciting, is there a cooldown attached?
im also assuming that they dont benefit from atmas in abbysea.
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2015-01-19 01:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't use trusts in Abyssea. And you don't need to. There is very, very little in Abyssea that can't be solo'd.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-01-19 01:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They are essentially spells and therefore do have a recast timer, but they are only around 3ish minutes and are independent from one another meaning if one dies and the recast timer is still down, you can call a completely different one. The dd trusts are only good at low levels though, once you hit ilvl just use support trusts and dd yourself, its a lot faster that way in my experience.
By Teapo 2015-01-19 01:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

once you actually cast them how long are they out.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-19 01:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

once you actually cast them how long are they out.

Until they die or you dismiss them or zone.

They have gotten better, but most of them are still pretty crappy compared to a real player. I can't count how many times Koru has converted then immediately started casting an offensive debuff while in double digit HP and got floored by a super low damage AoE or DoT. They do some really stupid stuff sometimes.
By Teapo 2015-01-19 01:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

when people are talking about ilvl, is that the abyssea job gear or new stuff. I worked so hard tri boxing to get anything done in abyssea and that would suck just to have to do it again now.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-19 01:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

when people are talking about ilvl, is that the abyssea job gear or new stuff. I worked so hard tri boxing to get anything done in abyssea and that would suck just to have to do it again now.

Kill random mobs.

get Armor thats consider level 117 but a level 99 player can equip.

Ilvl is from new zones but some old gear (AF Relic / Relic/empyrean/Mythic weapons) got upgraded to Ilvl
By Teapo 2015-01-19 02:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

its really that random? just random mobs drop gear? lol I guess times have changed
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-01-19 02:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Kill random mobs.

get Armor thats consider level 117 but a level 99 player can equip.

Ilvl is from new zones but some old gear (AF Relic / Relic/empyrean/Mythic weapons) got upgraded to Ilvl

To clarify, the gear he mentions werent upgraded to ilvl, you have to upgrade them yourself by acquiring various items to do so. The way it was written possibly made it sound like the OP would return to find his old relic gear already at ilvl. Sorry if that came off as redundant or disrespectful.
By Teapo 2015-01-19 02:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

from what I am looking up, it seems pretty complicated to get the new stuff lol. I played the new xpac at launch only and didnt get anything. hmm. what do people do nowdays? Dynamis and ToAU weapons still?
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-01-19 02:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic is still tops for weapons on most if not all jobs. Relics are still good and empy's are too, but the cost to make one greatly exceeds its value for dd's. Truthfully there are a ton of options out there now from new content that are perfectly viable. For returning players like yourself, start with sparks gear. They are ilvl 117 and are an easily obtained upgrade for now. Click on either the sparks of eminence or records of eminence tab on the bg wiki link someone else posted for detailed info on how to get it. It is really simple and easy to farm.
By Teapo 2015-01-19 02:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to ask so many questions, lol but i have to get a knowledge base so i can talk a friend into coming back with me. Is Apradar still around? I loved having maps for everywhere on my 2nd screen. made everything much easier.

edit. Looking at the spark quests they seem like FFXI's way of adding achievments. What happens for the job ones if my char has already done all of that? Do you just get credit? or can you only take a certain number of missions a day? there has to be something somewhere to maximize spark points gained lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Hankeypanky
By Bahamut.Hankeypanky 2015-01-19 06:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to ask so many questions, lol but i have to get a knowledge base so i can talk a friend into coming back with me. Is Apradar still around? I loved having maps for everywhere on my 2nd screen. made everything much easier.

edit. Looking at the spark quests they seem like FFXI's way of adding achievments. What happens for the job ones if my char has already done all of that? Do you just get credit? or can you only take a certain number of missions a day? there has to be something somewhere to maximize spark points gained lol.

if your in bahamut you can come leech VD Papers naked for ur af
By Teapo 2015-01-19 14:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For example he ad what af is it talking about? Like the lvl 60 stuff?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-19 14:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Reforged AF and relic 109 snd 119, check BG homepage for ,ore info :p
First Page 2 3