First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 80 81 82
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-16 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Their wording indicates they will likely continue to consume all FMs. With Charis Bangles +2 and a RF+30 cape, we'd be looking to get back:
5 FMs - 1150 TP
6 FMs - 1440 TP
7 FMs - 1760 TP
10 FMs - 2900 TP

There's no way this ends up being an on-demand AM3.
*gets weapon knocked out of hand and loses AM3+TP*

I don't see a problem with this if it goes that high.
 Shiva.Kienasia
Server: Shiva
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-16 19:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the increase in finishing moves is always welcome. Part of me is thinking maybe they'll just give us the maximum amount they decided, whatever that will be. As other jobs have new spells/abilities and they will get more later on down the line. So maybe we'll get more toys(abilities) as well?(sorry, wishful thinking.) Or it could be like byrth said and just be 6 for now and 10 later.
And it does have me wondering how much the flourishes will consume now like someone said earlier.
I'm also curious what the other gifts will be, (capicity point +5% highly being one of them, perhaps a nice attack boost? hehe) Anyways this will inspire me a little more to finish terpsichore. ^^
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-02-16 19:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or the drop rate on Highwind helm judt sucky? Saw 1 out if 30 pop...
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-16 19:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I heard, It's drop rate is pretty bad. As for experience, The one time I farmed it with a group was probably 1/10'ish maybe? That was a while back. Good luck on getting it though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-16 20:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/26716

It's about a 16% drop rate.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-16 20:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been about 10%~ish when i've done him (like 50+ times to get ls mates helms). 16% seems way too generous.

I hate entertaining the idea that we need to kill it slower to bump TH and improve our drop rate though, but you can blowup that NM real quick with a good setup.

We build 3k tp on the bats and I get 5FMs in advance, so right when it pops I can get off a 3k pyrrhic->evisceration before he jettatura's me, the THF closes double darkness on that and there is pretty much nothing left for me to tp+climactic rudra on by the time I finally get unterror'd.

We've gone as long as 15 pops without a drop. Just get everyone in the party in a pop and prepare to kill a lot of nq hippogriffs (and get a decent amount of CP).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-17 05:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I killed it maybe 15 times one day and we got 5 helms, so with our powers combined we can be 16%.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-02-17 05:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

so with our powers combined .

NO! Don't you dare!
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-02-17 07:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-17 07:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1 minute later.. I realized what my mistake was... and now i'll never get that minute back. ; ; Curse you Camiie. lol
By Rajang 2015-02-17 23:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone suggested using the augmented Ejekamal Mask for /NIN casting, but the Haruspex Hat and the HQ version might be good for that instead - especially if the mask could be used in some sets involving Sombra Tights.
By Xaiha 2015-02-19 01:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

New Job Point Category Added

Jig Duration
Increases duration by ONE second. . .

Flourish II Effect
Enhance different effects depending on the flourish.

* Reverse Flourish: Increase TP by 2

* Building Flourish: Increase Weapon Skill Dmg by 1%

* Wild Flourish: Increase SC damage by 1%

New Gift Category

Maximum Finishing Moves Bonus
Increases Maximum number of finishing moves that may be stored by 2. Up to 5 finishing moves may be consumed at once. ( Costs 100 JP first upgrade )

Critical Damage Bonus
Increases Critical damage dealt by 2%

Capacity Point Bonus
Increases acquired capacity points by 13%

Skillchain Bonus
Increases Skillchain Damage by 2%

Physical Defense Bonus
Increases physical defense by 9

Capacity Point Bonus (II)
increases acquired capacity points by 15%

Physical Attack Bonus
Increases physical and ranged attack by 9.

So far I got 4 into flourish II, I'm not sure what they meant by 2, my TP returns on 5 FM is 1040, I was hoping 2 meant 20 TP maybe its only 10 TP an upgrade.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-19 07:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They mean 2 per FM, it's like Reverse Flourish +30 on the cape. So with 10/10, you'll get 100 more TP back when you use RF and 5 FMs.

Also, they capped our Reverse Flourish and Climactic Flourish at 5 FMs consumed, which has strategic implications. Now we can use Climactic -> Building -> WS starting from 7 FMs instead of also having to mix in a Step. We can also use Climactic -> Step -> Rudra's -> Reverse -> Rudra's for full TP return.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-19 07:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer seems to be the winner in this update. Must cap flourish 2 effects and maybe move merit from haste samba to building flourish.

Every time I do big damage on dancer people start checking me. It's gonna be even bigger damage now.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-19 08:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a DNC but was thinking all day yesterday if they would cap Flourishes at 5. Both have strategic implications, if all FM were consumed, would mean that Flourishes using more than 5 would have to consequently be stronger which would have been cool also. Capping at 5 means overflow from Presto won't be wasted and you won't need to be as cautious using presto if you're at like 2-3FM already.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-19 09:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Not a DNC but was thinking all day yesterday if they would cap Flourishes at 5. Both have strategic implications, if all FM were consumed, would mean that Flourishes using more than 5 would have to consequently be stronger which would have been cool also. Capping at 5 means overflow from Presto won't be wasted and you won't need to be as cautious using presto if you're at like 2-3FM already.
um... I don't think you are thinking of presto? cause... presto 100% when at 2 finishing moves. Always.
3 just use a normal step, especially now that they have a -2332s recast.
But all that's irrelevant because if you don't have the JTgift... then your FM still are capped to 5.
And even with the gifted JT... Presto is unaffected.

FM capping at 5 mostly only affects climactic and reverse, limiting climactic to be easier to manage with 2 extra FMs... and being sadface about reverse... though it's made up by the JP category buffing it directly... so can't complain.

So there never was a "presto overflow" except if you had 3 finishing moves.
But then you should have just used a normal step at that point anyways...
And ever since they made flourishes 3 (dear GOD do I want that JP category NOW... +CHR%mod) an actually viable thing to use FMs on... One generally tends to use up FMs so much that "presto all the steps" tends to not waste any FMs.
Unless I guess you're only using CF and Rudra's... but by the time you TP enough for a WS you should have the FMs back at 5 with their reduced delay...
So I'm not sure what you meant.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-02-19 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever felt the need to be cautious about using Presto.
By Xaiha 2015-02-19 12:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They mean 2 per FM, it's like Reverse Flourish +30 on the cape. So with 10/10, you'll get 100 more TP back when you use RF and 5 FMs.

Also, they capped our Reverse Flourish and Climactic Flourish at 5 FMs consumed, which has strategic implications. Now we can use Climactic -> Building -> WS starting from 7 FMs instead of also having to mix in a Step. We can also use Climactic -> Step -> Rudra's -> Reverse -> Rudra's for full TP return.

Thanks! that makes more sense xD
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-02-19 16:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested Rudra's already? Any signs of nerfing?
By Xaiha 2015-02-19 21:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Flareon said: »
Has anyone tested Rudra's already? Any signs of nerfing?

Haven't noticed anything different. still seeing hp bars going from 100 to 0 as usual. xD
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-02-19 22:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Means this should be doable now too right?
7 FMs > Rudra's > Reverse Flourish > Climactic Flourish > Stronger Rudra's for closing Darkness
 Bahamut.Flareon
Server: Bahamut
user: Flareon
By Bahamut.Flareon 2015-02-20 04:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Means this should be doable now too right?
7 FMs > Rudra's > Reverse Flourish > Climactic Flourish > Stronger Rudra's for closing Darkness

Using your first Rudra's (which will probably be @ high TP) without Climactic feels just like a loss of potential. Climactic -> (Presto) Step -> Rudra's -> Reverse -> Rudra's sounds much more reasonable, since the effect of climactic flourish will be distributed to both WSs. (Climactic will drop your FM from 7 to 2, then Presto + Step will recover them to 5. Don't forget that Climactic makes only the FIRST hit of each round Critical, so even if you eventually hit the mob with a regular blow in between JAs, you'll still have it active for the second Rudra's)
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2015-02-20 18:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to come back and try out some of the new stuff. Augmenting JSE capes is pretty nifty. I hated how random incursion was, though this is not much better lol.

After about 20 crystals it finally decided to give me something good. Could be better overall but I was mainly aiming for +5% dual wield.
[+]
By Xaiha 2015-02-22 14:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Job Point upgrade for Waltz Potency contribute to the 50% cap? and just to make sure it's JP-Upgrade * ( EQ Potency ) ?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-22 15:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What I remember the formula being is:
Waltz Potency*(M*(Your CHR + Target VIT) + B) + Waltz JPs*2

So Waltz JP always increases the HP cured by 2, outside of the potency multiplication. I do not know where the Waltz Potency Received multiplier term is, but that's separate from all the above terms too.
By Xaiha 2015-02-22 22:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What I remember the formula being is:
Waltz Potency*(M*(Your CHR + Target VIT) + B) + Waltz JPs*2

So Waltz JP always increases the HP cured by 2, outside of the potency multiplication. I do not know where the Waltz Potency Received multiplier term is, but that's separate from all the above terms too.

Thank you Byrth!
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-23 04:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So about the new skirmish pieces. Do I just aim for atk/acc + dual wield(preferably this one if I'm not mistaken) or triple atk + critical hit dmg. And call it a day? Wanted to know what you guys think is most beneficial for a dancer. Thanks in advance.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-23 05:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That is pretty much what I have done, planning to finish one set with TA/Crit/Acc+Atk, and then a 2nd set of pieces that have dual wield for low buff or flexible gearset building.

Aug'd Taeon hands are like Horos+1 hands with -enmity if you get a acc+atk augment on them, getting a dual wield+crit damage augment on them made em my new best hands.
Taeon hands like to give counter and dual wield as their special augment, never saw triple atk, so i'd say settle on dual wield for hands.

Most players I think would benefit getting Taeon pants and feet first, and focusing their augmenting efforts on those, especially for dancer oriented play.
Body is less urgent since you can still milk your charis casaque+2 and Thaumas body for less serious things if you want dual wield or multiattack. The hat i'm kinda 'meh' on, I have so many hats already, still cool with using my felistris.

I'd only advocate augmenting a taeon body after you get some hands/leg/feet you are happy with. Reforge dancer bodies are still really strong and have amazing utility still.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-02-23 05:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah alright. Yeah I was hesitant on a few deciscions..For Ex. Relic +1 feet(had store tp, and the enhance closed postion) vs. Taeon(dual wield etc. And I was also thinking maybe taeon body would look nice for a ws set. Legs seemed like the obvious choice to start out with but I just wanted to make sure. hehe And thank you again. This will give me an idea where to start. ^^
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-23 05:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the potential for the inclusion of these pieces in essentially every set we use:
TP: High Haste
TP: Low Haste
WS: Rudra's Storm (WSD augments)
Fast Cast set
PDT set

Also, how do you get critical hit rate and TA on the same piece? JP wiki has them in the same slot, although I don't think they have completely mapped the Dusk augments yet.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 80 81 82