New unity NMs
First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-25 07:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

HURRAY!!!... NEW SIROCCO KUKRI /JJIIZZZZZ (unless they *** it up like they did headwind and forgot X's knife) ((still pissed about that)).

New Asshat: Haste 10% (probably not going to be useful at all, acc set mehbe).
Triplus Subligar DOWNGRADE lol: totally useless. (actually WORSE than the original...)((how they managed to fck that up... wow.))
New YingYang Robe NM
New Daihanya aka: useless cause Tsumaru exists.
New (assume?) Vilma's ring Marlboro.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/45571
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2014-12-25 07:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hoping for an aces helm upgrade...stinger helm is incredibly meh and is beat out easily by just Otomi and Yaoyotl...maybe they will readjust it before update.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-25 07:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe they did it to address the player base without SoA that doesn't have access to all the good 119 gear?

Watch the new G. Katana have something ridiculous like Unity: Save TP 250~500
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-25 07:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Or maybe they did it to address the player base without SoA that doesn't have access to all the good 119 gear?

Watch the new G. Katana have something ridiculous like Unity: Save TP 250~500

This should never be an excuse for anything... If you don't have the newest X-pac (by now)why are you even playing. There are so damn many 119 options, if you can't get 1 of the 30 that exist per slot now, then I don't even.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2014-12-25 07:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Reason I listed Yaoyotl Otomi was due to the relative ease of accessibility...if you refute that then you're doing something wrong...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-25 07:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree but developers like to make all players happy and keep them subscribing. Also the loligar is unity DA 1~5%
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-12-25 08:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Need ilvl increase already:(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 08:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted it on the BLU forums, but the new subligar is Unity Rank: Double Attack+1-5% since SE goofed and forgets that JP client does not have multiple pages on their gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-25 09:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I want my i119 Delay: 150 dagger already. I miss the days of Mandau/pugiunculus. 176/150 was so hot. I hate using Delay: 200 daggers with a passion. :(
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-25 09:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

well at least we are now starting into the side grade race. from this point on for a bit all new gear will be slightly better in some ways and some ways not or completely terrible.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-12-25 09:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, I do hope they'll make a 119 new Yinyang Robe!
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-25 09:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

also there are plenty of people who dont have the new expansion. mostly lolbox players that dont gear swap regardless of the easy method available now, but still they are people too!
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-25 10:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
also there are plenty of people who dont have the new expansion. mostly lolbox players that dont gear swap regardless of the easy method available now, but still they are people too!

xbox and ps2 both have "Gearsets" not sure why your saying not having a 3rd party tool is necessary to do content in ffxi because it isnt its perfect even for pc, which i use myself , love it and swear by it. You are right though about ps2 north american users getting a shaft on not getting adoulin, one day we can only hope they port ffxi to ps4. it can happen !
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-25 10:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

I posted it on the BLU forums, but the new subligar is Unity Rank: Double Attack+1-5% since SE goofed and forgets that JP client does not have multiple pages on their gear.

all hail the return of subligar !!! that rocks !!!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-25 10:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I run FFXI on a Pentium 3-based laptop just fine...
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-25 10:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »

xbox and ps2 both have "Gearsets" not sure why your saying not having a 3rd party tool is necessary to do content in ffxi because it isnt its perfect even for pc, which i use myself , love it and swear by it. You are right though about ps2 north american users getting a shaft on not getting adoulin, one day we can only hope they port ffxi to ps4. it can happen !

wow just wow. you must be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or overly defensive of puritan ways of playing this game.

I was not referring to third party tools. Even with "Equipsets", lets use the correct term here, most players specifically lolbox players and some durpc players still refuse to gear swap. lets face it some people dont care to be better. its ok if they arent invited and dont get to progress.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-25 10:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear with negative stats makes my body cringe. It's soooooo 2004. I mean, even messy haub doesn't have negative stats (though it's missing evasion). The fact that subligar has stp-5 is not only primitive, but it reeks of bad development. Either don't include the stat to begin or make it a positive. Sigh. We need that 5stp on blu.

At least lock style. Back to iuitl+1
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-25 11:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The helm is pretty unremarkable. Even as an acc piece it's inferior to yoaytl and baghere. Hopefully since unity nms drop secondary items, hopefully those are good. For the new Vinegaroon, probably means a new Heavy shell bullet for RNG.
 Sylph.Ticu
Server: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2014-12-25 12:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

New content reported for a really old game, and all you people do is say how ***it is. Good job.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 12:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »
New content reported for a really old game, and all you people do is say how ***it is. Good job.

When these NMs die in >1 minute and the drop rates are maybe 15% on armor, points are hard to get on purpose to avoid "congestion", and most of the equipment is garbage or delve 2 boss drops smoke it, yes, bitching happens. We don't need yet another helmet that is yet again lackluster to Yaoyotl helm or -important stats while giving awesome stuff.

Unity as it stands is a handful of decent sidegrades and a few very nice upgrades, but when points are a hassle and stuff is 3k a pop and you end up with Aeroja scrolls or eft skins it's kind of like "Tanaka, is that you?"

I don't enjoy calling Unity new content when it's a lock out to you and pretty much Voidwatch 2.0
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-12-25 12:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the days of camping KV and knocking him to death 2-8 times a swing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-25 18:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When these NMs die in >1 minute and the drop rates are maybe 15% on armor, points are hard to get on purpose to avoid "congestion", and most of the equipment is garbage or delve 2 boss drops smoke it, yes, bitching happens. We don't need yet another helmet that is yet again lackluster to Yaoyotl helm or -important stats while giving awesome stuff.

Unity as it stands is a handful of decent sidegrades and a few very nice upgrades, but when points are a hassle and stuff is 3k a pop and you end up with Aeroja scrolls or eft skins it's kind of like "Tanaka, is that you?"

I don't enjoy calling Unity new content when it's a lock out to you and pretty much Voidwatch 2.0

If it were Tanaka, content would actually be good, in addition to grindy side grades.

This excuse for content is the utter worst XI has ever seen in it's life, and I don't see it improving.

I mean, atleast with Voidwatch, it had some new encounters, with very good gear, and some decent battles, albeit all mostly involving the same general strategy more or less.
By Chyula 2014-12-25 19:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They complain when you can get everything in few delve runs system, then they complain you have to actually farm a few pop item to for shitty drop rate, they complain when you have to farm points to pop, they complain 5% logwatch, they complain content *** block by require big ls, they complain I shout 24/7/10yrs in jeuno, what else they don't complain?.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-25 19:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

For what?

su1 not good enough /sarc

su1 is ilvl127 so the jap dats say..
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-12-25 19:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
I miss the days of camping KV and knocking him to death 2-8 times a swing.

I miss you actually logging on
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-25 19:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna go ahead and ask/add this now:

How long until Unity Kraken Club from LoO+1 119 kc, let's do it. (then Ridill, joyeuse, Mkris, jailer weapons...)

May 15'
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-25 19:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Gonna go ahead and ask/add this now:

How long until Unity Kraken Club from LoO+1 119 kc, let's do it. (then Ridill, joyeuse, Mkris, jailer weapons...)

May 15'

eosuchus club

They've been there and done that. Occ. 1-8 ain't happenin'.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-25 20:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

If it were Tanaka, content would actually be good, in addition to grindy side grades.

This excuse for content is the utter worst XI has ever seen in it's life, and I don't see it improving.

I mean, atleast with Voidwatch, it had some new encounters, with very good gear, and some decent battles, albeit all mostly involving the same general strategy more or less.

Agreed. Virtually all these fights are just "rush it, it drops in >1 minute. ok pop a single coffer. oh look, petrified logs. 3,000 points wasted. ok pop again. ok dead, oh look, aeroja. great." repeat till empty. At least Voidwatch gave you 4-6 things to be disappointed in.

The equipment is laughable, (Just like Su1. *** lolfest that ***turned out to be) the stats barely get updated on the +1 AND require unity points on top of 30 materials. 5 new NMs each month with 2 "quests" where it's just "watch a cutscene, yayyoudidit.jpg", more pointless trusts we'll never use, until they add a madrigal brd maybe, more costumes!!!! and more of them stealing from windowerer (10 years later like most "quality of life, we apologize for Tanaka" improvements, instead of just accepting/adopting it and it's see you next month.

Please enjoy it \( `∀´)/

Meanwhile, inventory and numerous other things aren't addressed, and ***, the best thing I'm looking forward to is the obi/belt/gorget rainbow modes we're getting soon, which should've been added with the staff years ago, but *** reasons and "we can't be bothered to make 3 new items and some NPC dialogue/trade sequences. Here, we added Goblin firework NPCs and like 11 picture furnishings from a game you can't even play/*** heard of and/or hang all of these on your wall, because inventory. This is what you wanted, yes? ***.

But don't get me wrong, I love the game, just hate the people who run it, and I honestly think they troll us just to see how long we put up with it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-25 20:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Marmite said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »

For what?

su1 not good enough /sarc

su1 is ilvl127 so the jap dats say..

The current SU1 gear is not even 119.

Unless SE adds SU 2 and its like 121 or something it still has to have actually useful stats for it to be worthwhile.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-25 21:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nominated for comment of 2014.
First Page 2 3