users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » New unity NMs
New unity NMs
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-26 10:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit, the Unity system may have united players to communicate more efficiently (name was ironic of this), but the system sucks.

I understand why they didn't make the fights solo, since its supposed to "UNITE" players. But the NMs themselves are simply remakes of the originals. You would think that, the items they drop are actually 119 comparable to the versions the original ones dropped, just significantly better.

There are some good sidegrades, but let's be honest, not one of those NMs drops an item that makes us say "HAVE TO GET"!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-26 10:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There are some good sidegrades, but let's be honest, not one of those NMs drops an item that makes us say "HAVE TO GET"!

Emet harness is a "Have to get". Very hard to cap PDT w/o. You'd need 4PDT on 5/5 Iuitl basically. And, bonus, you can get rid of Ontronif+1 and Iuitl+1, so inventory saver~ And *** random augment skimish gear up the ***.

(opinion etc).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-26 10:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I will admit, the Unity system may have united players to communicate more efficiently (name was ironic of this), but the system sucks.

I understand why they didn't make the fights solo, since its supposed to "UNITE" players. But the NMs themselves are simply remakes of the originals. You would think that, the items they drop are actually 119 comparable to the versions the original ones dropped, just significantly better.

The main problem with it is they just made the fights an utter joke for the most part. They just don't seem to know how to balance the NMs around the ludicrous strength of the jobs they have created.

I'd be simply shocked if the recycled King Vinegarroon retained it's auto-regen feature, but if it does end up having it, I'd wager it'll be something dumb that won't even faze jobs like Samurai and Thief. I mean it probably won't faze any of the DDs to be frank, but Samurai and Thief, well, they have been the bane of every living creature in Vana'diel as of late.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-26 11:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Assiduity pants are pretty boss as well
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-26 14:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a RUN, the harness is decent because it adds enmity. There is qaaxo for anyone else who needed a pdt body (or Miki pdt path for heavy armor). That harness is far from a necessity for any of the jobs.

The pants are amazing....if you're in the right unity. Sure, they're Ilvl, but you still are only getting 1 refresh unless you picked correctly. Like I said, there isn't any specific item that makes you feel like you can completely replace another piece in your gearset.

I do like Augury pants because they are a one-size-fits-all item, but that's about it. If the HQ of these items were significantly better, I'd say different.
 Sylph.Malphius
Server: Sylph
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2014-12-26 14:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

New Ace's Helm...GTFO SE -.-
By Esheep 2015-01-06 22:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

can any tell me how to equip Su1 gear?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-06 22:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

you need to have spent 50 job points on the job you want to equip SU1 gear on.
By Fasaga 2015-01-06 22:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Esheep said: »
can any tell me how to equip Su1 gear?

In a recent updated they added a system called 'gifts' in which you receive bonuses for job points spent on given jobs. For every job, the bonus rewarded for spending 50 job points is the ability to equip Su1 gear. So in short, every job that you want to equip Su1 gear on, you need to have spent 50+ job points.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-07 00:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

unity NMs so far arent so bad. The latest toer added is clvl 122-125 which is pretty fair for most setupa, reward rate is high too. Best of all the disparity in stats between nq and hq is a small but still worthwhile boost for many piece. The battles are a bit too easy but i like the casual nature of them, as kind of a sinple voidwatch-like fight devoid of procs and temps(the coffer system is a much more streamlined and intuitive method of loot transfer than the Riftworn Pyxis. I'm glad they removed r/ex from the NM synth mats so they can be sold for people to upgrade. Its a great way to make money since i can get 8-12 intuila hides in about 10 fights, and they go for 800k/stack.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-01-07 01:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

UC wanted fights need more serious challenges. Would much prefer an 18 man fight that cannot be trio'ed over what they been spamming us with ever since they turned Delve into a 6 man or less fight. The gear is meh but I'm kinda happy about that being any random group of ppl can easily kill. Idk personally, even if not enough NA talent remains, I'd still like to see something a little more epic and less yawn. It would atleast force ppl to try harder and giving us something to do as a LS event. Heh just my opinion but UC wanted is extremely forgettable. Bring bk VW or add some new HNMs. One for each zone in SoA that'll spice things up some.