Effects Of MAB Vs Magic Damage+ & When To Use Ea

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Effects of MAB vs Magic Damage+ & when to use ea
Effects of MAB vs Magic Damage+ & when to use ea
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-24 10:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM is better than SCH for many reasons.
* ajas (2 will kill any group of monsters if you pick the right elements.)
* Mana Wall
* Elemental Celerity
* tier 6 nukes for taking out Lorissa (2x) or twitherym (1+ tier2) quickly
* Use AF+4 body and lock your weapon so you can spam Myrkr.

Maybe it is worth having one SCH to use tier 2 storms on the group when you warp up, but BLM can clear groups of mobsters quickly. Realistically, as long as you don't fie and can run fast enough, a single BLM is sufficient damage for any rank Yorcia skirmish.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-24 11:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From the perspective of someone that's never done Alluv Yorcia on any job other than SCH, aside from being unable to AoE kill, SCH is nice in Yorcia. I alternate AoE buffs on floor up with Regen V, which my BLUs love, and matching Storm II with the day of the week (if it's Earthsday, Lightsday or Darksday, I just use Hailstorm II). With double weather/day, AM2 and Dream Shroud if a SMN is present, I'm killing elementals with just a Tier3 if I'm using at least a Fire spell; Aero and below won't 1-shot with Tier3. MP isn't a problem either between Sublimation, Convert and Myrkr (with a BRD I never use Myrkr anyway, though). SCH can do a Tier5 > Tier1 for Twitherym as well or even just a Helix and let your PDT set, Regen V and Aquaveil keep the Twitherym's attacks a non-issue while it dies off as you kill more elementals.

Even with all of that, though, I really do wish I could AoE kill some stuff, but that's what my BLUs are for! I will say, though, that I've actually never ran with a good BLM there before, so no clue how valuable their -Ja spells are.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-03-24 11:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental Celerity seems kind of irrelevant; doesn't affect recast and a good fast cast set with RDM subjob already has you near 70%, you actually gain less from celerity then dark arts just because of the recast alone.

I do fine on SCH, even farming points solo if need be spamming single targets and using sublimation and myrkr, mp is never an issue. I've never needed anything like mana wall with regen 5 and aquaveil, and as far as T6 goes, weather 2 and a t5 get the job done pretty well, i don't think lorissa ever gets close enough to hit me before i've nuked her 2-3 times and shes warping.

Edit: Also if i use tups and maintain AM2, blizzard 3 with hailstorm 2 one shots most elementals.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-24 11:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not say that SCH could not do it, but BLM is better at it.
[+]
By lhova 2015-03-24 12:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
On mobile so this is painful

Fire ele: water
Fire/light ele: water
Earth ele: wind
Earth/dark ele: wind
Water ele: Thunder
Water/ice ele: Thunder
Wind ele: ice
Wind/thunder ele: ice
Ice ele: Fire
Thunder ele: earth

Hope this helps?

Thanks!

But again why are blm's getting killed/taking massive damage if mobs don't agro unless engaged and blm's can 1 shot the mobs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-24 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I only seem to die if I -aga a group of monsters on a Eudaemon Blade run after Byakko has roared. If you get hit by 6 monsters at once, you typically take >1000 damage.
By lhova 2015-03-24 12:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
* Mana Wall
* Elemental Celerity

Maybe it is worth having one SCH to use tier 2 storms on the group when you warp up, but BLM can clear groups of mobsters quickly. Realistically, as long as you don't fie and can run fast enough, a single BLM is sufficient damage for any rank Yorcia skirmish.

What do you mean by "lock" your weapon?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-24 12:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop swapping it when nuking/etc. so that you keep the TP that you gain from Occult Acumen.
 Phoenix.Knumskull
Server: Phoenix
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2015-04-15 05:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
On mobile so this is painful

Fire ele: water
Fire/light ele: water
Earth ele: wind
Earth/dark ele: wind
Water ele: Thunder
Water/ice ele: Thunder
Wind ele: ice
Wind/thunder ele: ice
Ice ele: Fire
Thunder ele: earth

Hope this helps?

Thanks!

But again why are blm's getting killed/taking massive damage if mobs don't agro unless engaged and blm's can 1 shot the mobs?
I encountered those single butterflies in a 544 run(forgot what item) those agroed and hit hard
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-15 06:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see how blms die to butterflies. Even before i super charged my blms gear for vagary i was able to drop them by alternating t2>t3>t2>t3 giving them only enough time for 1-2 swings on me. I keep up stoneskin and blink at all times. With enough FC and -casting gear it takes 1-2sec per buff to assure you dont get wrecked. Unless you're ajaing or killing a butterfly you shouldnt get hit by the elementals at all.

Sticking to the topic though, since my lua has a slot for low tier and high tier but doesnt actually swap i only use one set for all nukes with alternating bodies depending on if im doing a mega boss.
ItemSet 334629
staff: 18int/mnd 19macc/mab +5%mburst dmg
head: 19macc/mab +8%mcrit rate +10%mcrit dmg
hands: 20macc/mab +7%mcrit rate +10%mburst dmg
feet: +18mab/macc +8%mcrit rate +4%mburst dmg
legs+25mab
most of the time depending on situation where mp isnt plentiful (or especially during ajas) i use the blmaf119 body instead.
I tested some t2 nukes vrs t5 nukes on mandies outside of town the only things i changed were dosis on/off and elders grip on/off so 4mab vrs 13mdmg on t2 nukes elders added around 32dmg~ dosis added a straight 51 dmg on the t5 nukes elders added 83~dmg dosis still added 51 dmg. Its worth making mdmg set if you spam t2 or less all the time but most of the time in vagary im using t3-6 and ajas with boil NM being the exception as to not do too much dmg and make it split. Yorcia shouldnt be the bar you set your blm for. A high tier nuke set works fine there too because its just toying with the mobs.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-15 06:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the twitteryms but the single giant aggressive ones.
Did it the other day and pulled hate with apogee, if I didn't have SS up or it was a lower floor (I wanna say F6 or so... Got Boss floor pretty early) and we weren't using Byakko...
Then the one hit it got on me wouldn't have hit me for 1200 damage.
(It was a crit, but still! SMN has paper defense even with iLvs, and those things can start to hit hard.)
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-15 06:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
you dont fight those the only mobs you ever fight in the zone are butterfly/elementals/pinkies/lorissa
the reason you pulled hate (if you didnt attack them) is because you were on smn and SE made pets get weird aggro there like old besieged. Dragoons,bst,smns etc the mobs will come for your pets even if you didnt act on them and its annoying. Just avoid going in their path or keep them unsummoned til behind the stronghold.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-04-15 07:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not the twitteryms but the single giant aggressive ones

Use Gravity on them to make them harmless.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
* Mana Wall
* Elemental Celerity

Yeah BLM is still the master of nuking ***dead. I see the main advantage in having many spells that have different recasts and of course the AoE abilities. However I want to add to 2 points:

A) A well geared SCH can easily 2 shot Twitheryms by using a combination of Storm II + current day. 1 shot if you want to spend an Ebul charge.

B) With the current +Enchaning duration gear a SCH can alternate AoE Phalanx and AoE Regen every jump without wasting time. Prepare ACCESSION and PERPETUANCE before the warp. Having these two buffs up allowes BLMs to go ham even more.

C) The +MP buffs you get in skirmish makes Myrkr just that much more efficient. Shouldn't need a DMG converted to MP body most of the time.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-15 08:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
you dont fight those the only mobs you ever fight in the zone are butterfly/elementals/pinkies/lorissa
the reason you pulled hate (if you didnt attack them) is because you were on smn and SE made pets get weird aggro there like old besieged. Dragoons,bst,smns etc the mobs will come for your pets even if you didnt act on them and its annoying. Just avoid going in their path or keep them unsummoned til behind the stronghold.
-_-
Have you done this event?
There are three types of escalents:
1) a twitterym type
2) an elemental type
3) the large butterfly type

I (and others) was talking about the butterfly type escalent.
They aggro you.
Either by sight or sound, dunno which.

The fact that you thought I was talking about the malicious mobs makes me think that you've either never done this, or that you've only ever been on the book.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-15 08:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that you thought I was talking about the malicious mobs makes me think that you've either never done this, or that you've only ever been on the book.
upset much? ive done this dozens of times pre-vagary unless they added new aggroing giant butterflies to yorcia since vagary came out then you are the one mistaken. I got 4 sets of taeon for tp-ws/dw/mab/waltz, and one of each other the others for macro swaps and stopped doing it because the money is terrible there compared to cirdas you get a dusk+2 sometimes every few runs even on 5/5/5 with a 5/5/5 cirdas i made minimum 1m upwards of 5-6m per run with jesters/pinks/normal nm+2 drops. There are big single ones in cirdas but ive never seen a giant single one in yorcia. Again, unless they added it post vagary there were no giant single butterflies in yorcia. Ive never booked it.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-04-15 08:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
unless they added new aggroing giant butterflies to yorcia since vagary came out

... that is however exactly what they did. They adjusted Alluvion Yorcia a bit to feature more normal butterflies instead of Elementals for non-Ring runs. Also added the gigant Butterflies that will aggro and kill NQ token mages.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-04-15 08:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
... that is however exactly what they did. They adjusted Alluvion Yorcia a bit to feature more normal butterflies instead of Elementals for non-Ring runs. Also added the gigant Butterflies that will aggro and kill NQ token mages.
cool like i said id never seen them since i stopped doing yorcia a few days or a week after it came out when i got all my stuff and spammed cirdas for gil. Was able to make over 300mil off it in 2-3weeks while still using +1stones for augments. Sucks for bad mages i guess. everything else i added about fighting would still hold true. I cant comment on fighting the single butterflies but i wouldnt imagine them lasting long against strong nukes either, with proper buffs on to last til they die.

lol at being told ive never done it because of something they added over a month after it came out when i was done with spamming it.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2015-04-16 20:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gravity makes them pushovers but the single butterlies can *** your face if you aren't paying attention to them

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.