When Will Heavy Metals .....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » when will heavy metals .....
when will heavy metals .....
First Page 2 3

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-11-19 11:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
either come down in price to where they cost the same as dynamis and alexandrite currencys or become more easily available for us to farm in large quantities

i am sure there are lots of people who still have lv90 emp weapons that are waiting for the same thing

And this is why they won't
[+]
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-11-19 11:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't as easy to get as dyna money or alex so they will stay higher. On valefore they average 100k-120k. You don't go on a vw run and get 300 plates at a time.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-19 11:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
heavy metal
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-11-19 11:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

either come down in price to where they cost the same as dynamis and alexandrite currencys or become more easily available for us to farm in large quantities

i am sure there are lots of people who still have lv90 emp weapons that are waiting for the same thing

Never. Deal with it.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-19 11:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people either gave up on this and moved on with the times or completed the weapon to 99 back when it was popular.

Its like a homeless person wanting some nice rims.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-19 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Never, and it's a good thing. Weeds out bandwagon from players actually playing a job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-11-19 11:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

either come down in price to where they cost the same as dynamis and alexandrite currencys

doesn't make much sense for it to go down to the same price due to the amount of you need:

empy - you need 1500 metal (and 60 cinders/dross).
mythic - you need 30000 alex. (also 3 scorias since you're talking about lv 99!)
relic - since 100s are more expensive than a HMP, I assume you mean single coin currency, of which you need roughly 18000.. and 5 marrows.

cost of an empy is around the same as a mythic (or cheaper if it's dross not cinder you need). The only problem is the limited supply in the market. But if you're willing to dig around bazaars and start some VW shout groups and buy metals from everyone in the ally you'd probably get it done faster than doing 50 assault missions, 100k ichors, 150k tokens.

in terms of cost and annoying-ness to achieve, i think it's on par or slightly less annoying than mythic (relic is just too easy in comparison)
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-19 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Noone would do voidwatch ever again if hmp were ~90k or cheaper, and when anyone finds some at 100k, it gets all bought up
(and sometimes flipped and resold for ~120k+).
Empyreans are easymode to finish once past the 90 stage, its a straight up giltoss.
Everything but the shield/harp are terrible anyways (and 99% of the players dont care if you have 4song, and 90 ochain is fine for all content)

Valefor.Slore said: »
They aren't as easy to get as dyna money or alex so they will stay higher. On valefore they average 100k-120k. You don't go on a vw run and get 300 plates at a time.
Yeah and they arent hard to collect if people suck it up and pay 120k each. I'd probably bother to organize more VW if people werent such babies about the market price.

If people really crunched the numbers they'd see that doing 6x3 VW is a meh way to make gil (but its something else you can do on top of dyna/salvage)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-11-19 13:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be ok with hmp offer and demand i had pre update, but unfortunelly, every new content is a bit of punch in hmp market. Also the more merited battle, more interest in vw spam for merits and more hmp in market, but with less interesting merited battle, less interest in farming merits. Unfortunelly, if you want to finish quickly your empy, you need to hope people to get bored and go to vw spam.

Hmp isnt that horrible bad tbh, its similar to mythic, though the reward is very bellow of that, aside harp. It just hard to understand the cinder and dross diference. Even if nowaday the only interesting empy requires cinder, in the past it was ukon, and the diference was the same. And its not like in every corner there is a brd trying to be optimal. But its like that for so many years, that i dont think they will ever be the same. At least, on paper, seems more reasonable to farm by my own the cinder and just buy the hmp, so that in the end, empy wont be that expensive.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-11-19 13:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

A solution would be, if new VWs would be introduced in Adoulin areas.

An empy should not cost as much as a mythic. That said, it should not become as cheap as a relic.
By voiceless 2014-11-19 13:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

New VW with improved +1 glowing armor and weapons maybe and make them drop pouch's?
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-19 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Never. Deal with it.

Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-11-19 14:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

voiceless said: »
New VW with improved +1 glowing armor and weapons maybe and make them drop pouch's?

Considering Square seems to be on a rehashing kick lately, this doesn't sound too far off for them. Except it should come after reforged AF3 since VW was added after Abyssea.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
Server: Bismarck
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-11-19 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be enough, if new VW drops materials to upgrade the existing pulse cell stuff.
EDIT: And HMPs...
By Chyula 2014-11-19 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Noone would do voidwatch ever again if hmp were ~90k or cheaper, and when anyone finds some at 100k, it gets all bought up
Empyreans are easymode to finish once past the 90 stage, its a straight up giltoss.
Everything but the shield/harp are terrible anyways (and 99% of the players dont care if you have 4song, and 90 ochain is fine for all content)

Yeah and they arent hard to collect if people suck it up and pay 120k each. I'd probably bother to organize more VW if people werent such babies about the market price.

If people really crunched the numbers they'd see that doing 6x3 VW is a meh way to make gil (but its something else you can do on top of dyna/salvage)

I'm pretty sure people are doing VW not for the 100k price tag, the ultimate prize are the reforge materials.
By volkom 2014-11-19 14:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

what puts me off about heavy metals is that they can't be acquired through other content that can be solo'd such as dynamis or salvage. Would be nice to be able to farm 5~20 metals a day and not worry about gathering a handful of people to do the same boring fight 18 times in a row or whatever
[+]
By Chyula 2014-11-19 14:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
what puts me off about heavy metals is that they can't be acquired through other content that can be solo'd such as dynamis or salvage. Would be nice to be able to farm 5~20 metals a day and not worry about gathering a handful of people to do the same boring fight 18 times in a row or whatever

and the worst part is it all depend on luck, and you can go 18 fight without getting jack. I don't know how great the random god stand by your side but I'm only getting 1-2 HMP per 6 fight and as for reforge materials sometime I can go on 50-100+ fight without getting a drop. This is the ***thing about building a empy, it is all depend on the random god while relic and mythic is a guaranteed rate each run.
 Odin.Brahk
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2014-11-19 15:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Agree. I don't mind the drop rate, or how many are many are made available to the economy, I just wish I didn't have to put together a VW group to get them. A solo farming method would be most welcomed.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-19 16:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

um no I hate doing that ***, was the worst waste of time when SE knew they were going to release gear that made all of that gear worthless.

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »

Would be enough, if new VW drops materials to upgrade the existing pulse cell stuff.
EDIT: And HMPs...

no no hell no, then you would have to actually have the glowy thingy first... you people should work for SE...
By mortontony1 2014-11-19 16:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

VW 2.0 with less random crap that screws over 80% of the people on the run. Maybe a NNI type reward system? Might drop what you want, if not you can do the run 5/10/15(?) times and just trade your KI for what you need? Trade other gear you don't need in for another KI counting towards your run victories or something?
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-19 16:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
VW 2.0 with less random crap that screws over 80% of the people on the run. Maybe a NNI type reward system? Might drop what you want, if not you can do the run 5/10/15(?) times and just trade your KI for what you need? Trade other gear you don't need in for another KI counting towards your run victories or something?

thats logical... this is SE we are talking about.
By mortontony1 2014-11-19 17:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
mortontony1 said: »

thats logical... this is SE we are talking about.

Yeah I know... doesn't hurt to dream though, does it?
By Raesvelg 2014-11-19 17:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SE stated a while back that they do intend to add new ways of getting HMPs/Rift items into the game in the future. It's not an immediate priority though, so presumably sometime next year.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-19 19:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I'm pretty sure people are doing VW not for the 100k price tag, the ultimate prize are the reforge materials.

And not everyone gets a mat during a 6x3 run capped lights and periapts etc,
so hmp is pretty much a consolation prize to make people recoup some gil for the 90-120minutes of time they could have spent farming other things. Its pretty common to get maybe 3-4 metals if you get boned out of having a reforge mat drop for you.
Thats 350-500k, thats just terrible money for 2hrs of your time.

The people that are speed farming delve/mercing/multiboxing are outearning and outpaying the casual buyers that dont wanna pay alot.
I buy hmp right as people put it up in bazaars during the vw run or others permanently have a mule just to bazaar camp wherever they are on your server to get the rest. If people want hmp that bad, shout and pay more than the usual price and you'd be surprised how much metal people are sitting on.
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-19 19:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

An empy should not cost as much as a mythic. That said, it should not become as cheap as a relic.
dude, could you imagine, VW white gate? Sea? seerks areas? YES PLEASE!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-19 19:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »

dude, could you imagine, VW white gate? Sea? seerks areas? YES PLEASE!
We already have that. Technically speaking we already have a CoP version, just not in Sea.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 20:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides Darharp, Vere, and arguably Ochain, what Empyrean is actually worth taking to 99+ anyway? The ones that are actually good at 119 are either eclipsed easily by their mythic counterparts or don't have critically important traits.

If you ask me, the biggest issue with the 119 path for Empyrean weapons is that there is next to no reason to actually do it.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-19 20:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Besides Darharp, Vere, and arguably Ochain, what Empyrean is actually worth taking to 99+ anyway? The ones that are actually good at 119 are either eclipsed easily by their mythic counterparts or don't have critically important traits.

If you ask me, the biggest issue with the 119 path for Empyrean weapons is that there is next to no reason to actually do it.

Nah.

As stated, biggest issue is that vw cant be (eficiently in farming terms) soled.

Add trusts that have ia to hit a bunch of procs, allow voiddust ti be bought with cruor and nm strength adjust to players, and probably empy can be as cheap as relic.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-19 20:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

Nah.

As stated, biggest issue is that vw cant be (eficiently in farming terms) soled.

Add trusts that have ia to hit a bunch of procs, allow voiddust ti be bought with cruor and nm strength adjust to players, and probably empy can be as cheap as relic.

Nobody can singly handedly produce enough HMP's to make a 119 Empyrean cheap enough to be worthwhile without them drastically changing drop rates or lower the requirements. And, I don't know anyone who can even stomach dynamis daily, much less farm VW solo for hours and hours everyday.
First Page 2 3