2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning Player looking to Server Jump
Returning Player looking to Server Jump
First Page 2
By Lilsoulreaver 2014-11-14 19:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Folks,

I'm looking to take advantage of this latest return campaign. I've been gone for a few months and looking to do a server jump upon my return. Currently in Carbuncle. I want to do some end game stuff like Delve and Delve 2.0. I've been playing the game since '07. So I have a lot of experience playing the game.
My jobs are (in order of best geared):
SMN, DRG, THF, BLM, COR.

No relics, mythics or emps. I just don't have the time to invest in them.

I have a Mule that is WHM only.

I am currently not looking to level anymore jobs.
If you are a linkshell looking to grow and are in need of these jobs, then I'd like to move.
Otherwise, even just a chat LS for the casual chat and Low Man stuff is fine also.

My time zone is EST and I work nights. So weekly events will not be my strong suit. Unless you do day time.

I miss the game and just want to have fun with it again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
By onvasquez 2014-11-14 19:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend you DO NOT move to Cerberus. Very low population and no one shouts for much. If it were not for friends i would hop as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-14 19:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

onvasquez said: »
I would recommend you DO NOT move to Cerberus. Very low population and no one shouts for much. If it were not for friends i would hop as well.
Oh my goodness yes, a group of about 10 of us are shortly jumping to Asura for that very reason.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2014-11-14 20:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So that's a +1 for Asura?
[+]
By Brolli 2014-11-14 20:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

move to asura
[+]
 Lakshmi.Skyfiredancer
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Skyfiredancer 2014-11-14 20:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the ratio if English speaking players on Asura? I think at one time it was very top heavy with Japanese players, which is what is happening on the server I'm currently on and also looking to move from. If their is an equal mix of languages on Asura that would be great, but if still mainly populated by mostly Japanese players, Engish players may as well stay on their lower traffic servers (befor someone blasts me for the last remark - I've been on high population JP servers, they DO ignore English speaking players)
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-11-14 23:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Skyfiredancer said: »
What is the ratio if English speaking players on Asura? I think at one time it was very top heavy with Japanese players, which is what is happening on the server I'm currently on and also looking to move from. If their is an equal mix of languages on Asura that would be great, but if still mainly populated by mostly Japanese players, Engish players may as well stay on their lower traffic servers (befor someone blasts me for the last remark - I've been on high population JP servers, they DO ignore English speaking players)

yes would ignore a language i couldn't read too.
especially if it wasnt alphabetic, not we speak a different dialect and they just ignore what we want because who we are.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-11-15 00:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilsoulreaver said: »
Hello Folks,

I'm looking to take advantage of this latest return campaign. I've been gone for a few months and looking to do a server jump upon my return. Currently in Carbuncle. I want to do some end game stuff like Delve and Delve 2.0. I've been playing the game since '07. So I have a lot of experience playing the game.
SMN, DRG, THF, BLM, COR.

If you are a linkshell looking to grow and are in need of these jobs, then I'd like to move.
Otherwise, even just a chat LS for the casual chat and Low Man stuff is fine also.

My time zone is EST and I work nights. So weekly events will not be my strong suit. Unless you do day time.

Thank you.

bolded + Delve and Delve 2.0 ?

Good Luck!
 Cerberus.Kyka
By Cerberus.Kyka 2014-11-15 00:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
Lakshmi.Skyfiredancer said: »

yes would ignore a language i couldn't read too.
especially if it wasnt alphabetic, not we speak a different dialect and they just ignore what we want because who we are.

That is the problem. When you are on a server were English is the minority it gets old fast. I don't want to transfer to another server to find yet again that it is an 85% Japanese server

I did play WOW for a while & SWTOR but came back to FFXI because it ia my fav game....but they do have it set up so you can pick servers by regregion, so you could pick a North American server and all you see is English.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-11-15 01:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend jumping to Bahamut. It's right up in population with Asura and there's always people shouting for anything. Some good folks on Bahamut as well so I'm sure you'll fit in very easily here.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-11-15 02:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You should come to Asura. It's got a really large population and a ton of English speakers, and there's always something going on in the shouts. Everyone that I've met is extremely friendly and helpful and there are funny shouts from time to time as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kyka
By Cerberus.Kyka 2014-11-15 03:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks on the info and recommends for Asura and Bahamut...very tempting on both.

Now here is a dumb question, folks keep mentioning take advantage of the lastest return campaign. I was checking it out and it looks like we still have to pay the server transfer fee??? That's the dumb question - I can't figure out if it is free or the usual $25 per acct fee.

Free would be nice, but hey, this is Square Enix we are talking here LMAO

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-15 03:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

unless they changed something, transfer is only for characters on that playonline account not SE

it's also half price during campaign, so $9
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kyka
By Cerberus.Kyka 2014-11-15 03:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a single SE Management acct with two different POL accts, each POL acct has 16 characters....hmmm, some I created a few months ago. So those I would have to check creation date just in case they done have that "no server hopping" for accts less than 3 months old

$18 or $9 is much bettet than what I've paid in the past. Past I've paid $25 per POL acct
total of $50

Thanks for all the info, guys, I really appreciate it and will start planning my escape from h$ll..err...Cerberus!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2014-11-15 14:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Legendia said: »
Hello Folks,

SMN, DRG, THF, BLM, COR.

Thank you.

Good Luck!
why did you bold the fact they listed their gear in order based on how much time they put into gearing said jobs? Is that some kind of sin to list your jobs based on gear obtained?

I'm guessing he was bolding the points that would keep me out of Delve 1&2. I guess i'm looking to play with people who are willing to try those events without the usual SCH Stun / BRD 4 song / MNK MNK MNK setups. It's not impossible.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-11-15 18:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath said: »
Hello Folks,

SMN, DRG, THF, BLM, COR.

Thank you.

Good Luck!
why did you bold the fact they listed their gear in order based on how much time they put into gearing said jobs? Is that some kind of sin to list your jobs based on gear obtained?

I'm guessing he was bolding the points that would keep me out of Delve 1&2. I guess i'm looking to play with people who are willing to try those events without the usual SCH Stun / BRD 4 song / MNK MNK MNK setups. It's not impossible.

why did you bold the fact they listed their gear in order based on how much time they put into gearing said jobs? Is that some kind of sin to list your jobs based on gear obtained?[/quote]

how much time they have put into gearing a job doesnt matter, its about what you have now and where you are going. even with decent gear for today standards, that job selection is poor. you arent going anywhere, it isnt much for the content listed.

will she/he get lucky and do a few events from thier own shouts or a pity invite or two from a friend or desperate player who doesnt know what they are in for? sure, but thats about it.

and yes what Shalehonnleath said

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Brolli 2014-11-15 19:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Folks,

SMN, DRG, THF, BLM, COR.

Thank you.

Good Luck!

Not impossible but you will get a hard time trying to do endgaming as drk. You might get some luck with arkangels 2 pugs groups.
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2014-11-15 19:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Brolli said: »
Hello Folks,

SMN, DRG, THF, BLM, COR.

Thank you.

Good Luck!

Not impossible but you will get a hard time trying to do endgaming as drk. You might get some luck with arkangels 2 pugs groups.

My favorite Job is SMN. I would love to get in some "all pet" events. I just think too many people lose focus that this is a game and it's meant to have fun. Sure, There are your ideal set ups for events, but the fun comes in when you make it work with the not so ideal.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-11-15 21:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't join any crap LS like venivididipshits
 Cerberus.Kyka
By Cerberus.Kyka 2014-11-15 22:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shaleh, I have to agree with you. I understand and recognize the importance of being well geared and having your skills capped, etc - but there is a poit where it is taken so.seriously that it bleeds all the fun out of the game. Honestly the game has sometimes become TOO easy for players, making it where you don't really have to battle hard, stay on your toes, pull a victory out when it seems almost impossible and have something to talk about and remember for a long time to come.....like I will alway remember my 1st Divine Might in 99. We had a planned party wipe in the middle of the fight that was awesome, followed
followed the plan, some things went wrong, we adjusted - fought like heck and had a major rush when we defeated all of the Angels.

I still try to keep it fun and not get bogged down in major serious end game Link Shells
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-16 03:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

To Shale. I would say Odin has a decent population and a lot of open minded smaller scale ls's - frankly the one thing Feary got right was highlighting the existing stigma, so joining a 'top-tier' EGLS would be challenging, but as you rightly said there isn't only one way to do things, so with time and perseverance you can complete essentially any content.

On to the points in bold. REM weapons are not a requirement to be a useful party member. While I would agree that DRG is essentially a low tier DD in terms of parse winning unless you have Ryunohige, the other group jobs you listed can easily come close to relics with appropriate gearing. I say 'group jobs' because I class SMN as more of a lowman/solo job, but even then Nirvana is an upgrade, but not a necessity.

For the bolded jobs it seems selective vision is a problem... THF is commonly taken to a number of events, and even to delve occasionally. More often to incursion and high tier BFs. Cor also is a common substitute to BRD, and imo works better in pair with GEO than BRD.

When stunning, RDM and GEO can both stun fine.

As a final point... Don't act like delve 1 needs any kind of setup beyond 2 brain cells, it really doesn't. The only reason you see shouts for <Veteran> <Monk> x3 is because most players only understand the meta and don't understand how to use other jobs properly in a party. Take a ceizak run for example, yes rng are powerful. Are they the only job that can win? No. SAM with apex/namas, mnk with formless AND even COR with a decent set are all viable alternatives.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-16 04:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
To Shale. I would say Odin has a decent population and a lot of open minded smaller scale ls's - frankly the one thing Feary got right was highlighting the existing stigma, so joining a 'top-tier' EGLS would be challenging, but as you rightly said there isn't only one way to do things, so with time and perseverance you can complete essentially any content.

On to the points in bold. REM weapons are not a requirement to be a useful party member. While I would agree that DRG is essentially a low tier DD in terms of parse winning unless you have Ryunohige, the other group jobs you listed can easily come close to relics with appropriate gearing. I say 'group jobs' because I class SMN as more of a lowman/solo job, but even then Nirvana is an upgrade, but not a necessity.

For the bolded jobs it seems selective vision is a problem... THF is commonly taken to a number of events, and even to delve occasionally. More often to incursion and high tier BFs. Cor also is a common substitute to BRD, and imo works better in pair with GEO than BRD.

As a final point... Don't act like delve 1 needs any kind of setup beyond 2 brain cells, it really doesn't. The only reason you see shouts for <Veteran> <Monk> x3 is because most players only understand the meta and don't understand how to use other jobs properly in a party. Take a ceizak run for example, yes rng are powerful. Are they the only job that can win? No. SAM with apex/namas, mnk with formless AND even COR with a decent set are all viable alternatives.

Yup. Its old saying delve has such strict requirement. After almost 2 years, its more in farming status than challenge.

I dont know how good are pugs in odin, but i always see them with delve titles after delve runs, even using pug sch, that normally is the key point in any sucessful pug strategy, and also the weak point. And more often than not. Here, they do call veteran whm, but not veteran sch, so that shows well how advanced are people in delve aspect, prob knowing with good cures they can even eat few moves and still win by brute force, so basically its a zerg fest.

But the thing you must recognize, the leader has the right to decide who he wants to invite, so arguing you deserve a place even not being the prefered job, its futile. But the diference today compared with last year, anyone can shout for delve and be sucessful. Back then, not just inviting, you would need to spend a huge amount of time to review all strategy, weakness, positioning, buffs order, debuff order, swaps, just to have a less shamefull defeat. Nowaday, you can just can an average setup and just let people do what they want. Prob they will know everything they need to know beforehand, as well to have experience to make up pontual flaws here and there, and still win.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-16 04:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »

Yup. Its old saying delve has such strict requirement. After almost 2 years, its more in farming status than challenge.

I dont know how good are pugs in odin, but i always see them with delve titles after delve runs, even using pug sch, that normally is the key point in any sucessful pug strategy, and also the weak point. And more often than not. Here, they do call veteran whm, but not veteran sch, so that shows well how advanced are people in delve aspect, prob knowing with good cures they can even eat few moves and still win by brute force, so basically its a zerg fest.

But the thing you must recognize, the leader has the right to decide who he wants to invite, so arguing you deserve a place even not being the prefered job, its futile. But the diference today compared with last year, anyone can shout for delve and be sucessful. Back then, not just inviting, you would need to spend a huge amount of time to review all strategy, weakness, positioning, buffs order, debuff order, swaps, just to have a less shamefull defeat. Nowaday, you can just can an average setup and just let people do what they want. Prob they will know everything they need to know beforehand, as well to have experience to make up pontual flaws here and there, and still win.

Oh I agree about leader choice entirely, actually thats also the point I was making. Leaders are free to choose, but can equally choose a drg and succeed as they can a MNK.

Odin's PUGS are fine. Obviously theres some regular shouters who can't lead themselves out of a paper bag, but theres equally plenty of reliable PUG leaders.
First Page 2