All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-07 11:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember the actual formula but I can tell you that stacking Healing Skill, after capping Cure Potency, has given me extremely underwhelming results. I'd recommend capping Cure Potency first and foremost, then capping -Enmity(caps at -50), and then filling in the rest with Healing Skill/MND. After stacking like +30ish healing skill, I saw like 12 HP added to Cure IV and was like screw wasting inventory space on this.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-08 05:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I don't remember the actual formula but I can tell you that stacking Healing Skill, after capping Cure Potency, has given me extremely underwhelming results. I'd recommend capping Cure Potency first and foremost, then capping -Enmity(caps at -50), and then filling in the rest with Healing Skill/MND. After stacking like +30ish healing skill, I saw like 12 HP added to Cure IV and was like screw wasting inventory space on this.

Skill adds a considerable amount of HP Bonus, I added the cure calculator (which is accurate) onto the WHM Guide but for those who don't know it.

Cure Calculator

As RDM, I imagine you're curing others which grated is a tad lack luster, if it was RDM's Primary duty, I'd expect a Decent set.

Complaining about Inventory issues is just What?

You don't have enough room after capping potency for say, 4 pieces of Skill + gears?

Really? lolok.

You have 160 slots to play with, so that as an excuse is BS. That said, capping potency and and Cure Recieved gear (20% so belt ring Buremte Gloves) will give you a sizeable Self Cure, which really is all a RDM "should" be doing, clutch cures not ones to depend on.

RDM in linkshell can get 940 on Cure 4 (other targets), which is Damn good for RDM.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-08 10:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind, the reason to stack healing skill so heavily after cure potency is capped, is up to 500 skill, it decreases enmity gained from cures above and beyond the gear enmity cap. With capped -enmity in gear/merits, and 500 skill, you're looking at -75% enmity on your cures.

RDM is rarely in danger of pulling hate unless they want to, but healing skill has benefits above it's cure power increases.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2015-02-08 10:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

for self cure, this is the set i'd use (though i'm lazy and almost never bother getting chupacabra belt and kunaji ring out)
ItemSet 333129

my question seems to have kinda missed the mark though. I was asking if anyone could think of a head that would help the one set beat the other

ItemSet 333130ItemSet 333086
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-08 11:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Keep in mind, the reason to stack healing skill so heavily after cure potency is capped, is up to 500 skill, it decreases enmity gained from cures above and beyond the gear enmity cap. With capped -enmity in gear/merits, and 500 skill, you're looking at -75% enmity on your cures.

Healing Skill gives -Enmity?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-08 11:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Quote:

Healing Skill gives -Enmity?

Tranquil heart
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-16 12:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Using this as a MND enfeeble set:

ItemSet 333380

In what situations would a Leviathan Ring +1 be better or worse than those rings? In most situations it should be better, but when would it actually be a bad thing, especially if compared to a Sangoma Ring?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 12:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Should always be better than Globidonta, Metamorph will depend on your unity rank, and that's against all targets.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-16 12:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Should always be better than Globidonta, Metamorph will depend on your unity rank, and that's against all targets.

How could Metamorph be worse? Just weighing macc higher than MND?

+5 MND, +5 MACC = +10 total vs +9 MND, +3 MACC = +12 total

Isn't Globidonta better than Metamorph? If +1 Enfeebling Skill = +1 macc, than it simply has superior stats (+1 MND) over the Metamorph.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »

How could Metamorph be worse? Just weighing macc higher than MND?

+5 MND, +5 MACC = +10 total vs +9 MND, +3 MACC = +12 total

Isn't Globidonta better than Metamorph? If +1 Enfeebling Skill = +1 macc, than it simply has superior stats (+1 MND) over the Metamorph.

dMND > 10

Leviathan +1 9/2 = 4.5 + 3 = 7.5 Macc
Globidonta 6/2 = 3 + 5 = 8 Macc
Metamorph 5/2 = 2.5 + 1-5 = 3.5 - 7.5 Macc
Metamorph +1 6/2 = 3 + 1-5 = 4.5 - 8 Macc

So, unless dropping the MND on Leviathan +1 puts you below 10 dMND, Glob is better.

dMND < 10

Leviathan +1 9 MND + 3 = 12 Macc 9 MND and since dMND is uncapped, the potency is important
Globidonta 6 MND + 5 = 11 Macc 6 MND
Metamorph 5 MND + 1-5 Macc = 6-11 Macc 5 MND
Metamorph +1 6MND + 1-5 Macc = 7-12 Macc 6 MND

Below 10dMND, where you're probably living as an endgame RDM, 2x Levi +1 should be the best, with Glob in second, and meta in third.

Metamorph has an HQ version, which is +6 INT/MND/CHR, that's what I was looking at, my mistake.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-16 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So in general, you're living in a situation where the monsters have more MND than you do, thus making MND optimal (dMND < 10)? (delve minibosses, delve bosses, high tier battlefields)

They all seem really close in actual magic accuracy, though the Leviathan Ring +1 pulls ahead in potency thanks to the MND.

Would you say that is an accurate assessment?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-16 12:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So in general, you're living in a situation where the monsters have more MND than you do, thus making MND optimal (dMND < 10)? (delve minibosses, delve bosses, high tier battlefields)

They all seem really close in actual magic accuracy, though the Leviathan Ring +1 pulls ahead in potency thanks to the MND.

As I understand it, yes.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-16 12:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As I understand it, yes.

Alright, thanks for tolerating me and helping out. I'll probably end up getting some Leviathan Rings.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-02-24 13:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if we can replace any/all our empy armor for enhancing duration with Telchane augmented with Enhancing Magic Duration +, and how much it would take?

From BG:
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-24 14:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
Does anyone know if we can replace any/all our empy armor for enhancing duration with Telchane augmented with Enhancing Magic Duration +, and how much it would take?

From BG:

Well, the set bonus isn't linear, so it's going to depend on which piece, how many other pieces you're using, and any other non-set pieces you're using. Consider AF3+2 feet locked in as they increase duration by 20% multiplicative with other forms. (cape as well)
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-02-26 11:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

can helios body serve any real purpose for rdm? doesn't look like a decent debuff piece stacked against escemia/refoged, maybe equal with the right augs. nuking piece maybe?
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-02 05:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made some update on my RDM nuke set ^^

ItemSet 318139

On 3 helios piece i got the same augment (lucky me)
MAB/MACC 20
Magic crit hit rate + 6 (so 18)
Magic crit Damage +8% (so 24%)

So with all jobpoint/gift and other augment, in this set (with 2% mp return) i nuke as (no food) INT + 262 (with gain INT) MAB + 264 Magic damage + 231

That pretty fun, i think i will move crematio to my old Hecate's Earring to boost crit hit rate a little.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-02 06:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

From BG:

Well, the set bonus isn't linear, so it's going to depend on which piece, how many other pieces you're using, and any other non-set pieces you're using. Consider AF3+2 feet locked in as they increase duration by 20% multiplicative with other forms. (cape as well)
What? The set bonus is linear...
2:+10% 3:+20% 4:+35% 5:+50%
Using 5/5 gives +80% duration due to the shoes having a +20% term that is multiplicative with the set bonus. (Eg: 100*1.5=150*1.2=180/100=1.8x or +80%)
This is suboptimal when Atrophy gloves +1 give +16%. (Eg: 100*1.35=135*1.36=183.6/100=1.836x or +83%/+84% not sure how the decimal works, but I'd assume the 83% since how SE likes to drop decimals rather than round them.)
So you would need an augment where 120*1.Y≥183.6 such that Y=X+36...
So Y would need to be +53 which would make X=17.
So in order to perfectly equal a single exchange of empy+2 for skirmish2 gear, when you're already swapped out the gloves for RF1+1...
You would need +18 to have a gain. (+17 would be the same as.)
You would need +47 total to get the SAME duration increase if you only used RF1+1 gloves and AF3+2 feet.
And with one AF3+2 in addition to the RF1+1 gloves and AF3+2 feet, you would need +32 to see any gain in duration. (+30.6 would be the same... So I bet on +31 being the same given that I'm working backwards.)

This is really simple arithmetic y'all.
And I'm not even accounting for either the empy cape or an augmented 99 JSE one.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-02 07:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And about Phalanx.

Assuming cap skill + merit + gift, RDM have a base of 425 skill, if we add gear enhan++ (not 5/5 set, so neck earring back and waist), we reach 451 enhancing skill.

So according to BG formula is : Over 300 skill: F = 28 + Floor( (Enhancing Magic Skill - 300.5) / 28.5)
so If cap 500 : we get 35 reduction from phalanx (don't include JSE sword).
But @ 451 => phalanx is 33.

SO, if we get a Phalanx +2 (assuming is cap from +2 stone, for now only get +1 from +1 stone) on all telchine set. that will put to 43, and 45 with Sword.

Is that possible or i made a mistake ?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-02 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

From BG:

Using 5/5 gives +80% duration due to the shoes having a +20% term that is multiplicative with the set bonus. (Eg: 100*1.5=150*1.2=180/100=1.8x or +80%)
This is suboptimal when Atrophy gloves +1 give +16%. (Eg: 100*1.35=135*1.36=183.6/100=1.836x or +83%/+84% not sure how the decimal works, but I'd assume the 83% since how SE likes to drop decimals rather than round them.)
So you would need an augment where 120*1.Y≥183.6 such that Y=X+36...
So Y would need to be +53 which would make X=17.
So in order to perfectly equal a single exchange of empy+2 for skirmish2 gear, when you're already swapped out the gloves for RF1+1...
You would need +18 to have a gain. (+17 would be the same as.)
You would need +47 total to get the SAME duration increase if you only used RF1+1 gloves and AF3+2 feet.
And with one AF3+2 in addition to the RF1+1 gloves and AF3+2 feet, you would need +32 to see any gain in duration. (+30.6 would be the same... So I bet on +31 being the same given that I'm working backwards.)

This is really simple arithmetic y'all.
And I'm not even accounting for either the empy cape or an augmented 99 JSE one.

10-20-35-50 isn't linear, but I was also considering the cape and feet in each step, so every piece increases the duration at a higher rate than the previous. Thanks for doing the math.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-06 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
And about Phalanx.

Assuming cap skill + merit + gift, RDM have a base of 425 skill, if we add gear enhan++ (not 5/5 set, so neck earring back and waist), we reach 451 enhancing skill.

So according to BG formula is : Over 300 skill: F = 28 + Floor( (Enhancing Magic Skill - 300.5) / 28.5)
so If cap 500 : we get 35 reduction from phalanx (don't include JSE sword).
But @ 451 => phalanx is 33.

SO, if we get a Phalanx +2 (assuming is cap from +2 stone, for now only get +1 from +1 stone) on all telchine set. that will put to 43, and 45 with Sword.

Is that possible or i made a mistake ?

AUTO quote !

Anyone get some phalanx + 2 atm ? for now i only get +1 with +2 stone (ouch price).
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-07 00:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i have phalanx +3 on taeon. assuming you have merits, one will lose 2 phalanx from skill and gain 15 from 5 pieces of taeon for a net total of +13 phalanx.

as for enhancing duration gear, that's for self cast, not on others. for others use the empyrian set (use atrophy hands of course).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-07 00:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

From BG:

Fay, not to be picky, cos I do find you reasonably intelligent, but that is technically not linear, as linear is static increases, or a straight line, which that is not.....

10 to 15, to 15 isn't even an equation, it's just arbitrary numbers created by SE.

Although everything else was spot on!

Long Story Short guys, don't bother with the Skirmish ***until you see AF3+2 reforged, because alot of this gear is BiS even now, with 119 stats, and with how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE SE is, we will probably see the same Set Bonus, but Enhancing Duration +600 on some piece or some ***.

Literally 4 days till update and people want to piss their gil down the drain, I mean really now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-07 02:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

unless they fundamentally change empy gear, it's not pissing gil down the drain because empy gear set doesn't apply to self buffs.

edit: and to presume that they will add a ridiculous amount of enhancing duration+ is nonsense.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-07 04:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
unless they fundamentally change empy gear, it's not pissing gil down the drain because empy gear set doesn't apply to self buffs.

edit: and to presume that they will add a ridiculous amount of enhancing duration+ is nonsense.

Assuming that they may decide to completly render all previous gear obsolete is a common trend at the minute, the ridic values were more for effect to show my point, rather than an actual figure.

It is highly probable that they will make most things next to useless or a +1 skill difference, or duration for absolute best in slot buffs.....

Ones chance, ones static, what I'm saying is, wait for the update before you spend you gil, incase Empy stuff is just Stupid Strong, or theres better items from Xol 18 man style event (Delve esq gears it seems if we follow previous patterns).
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-07 08:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

here is the way I see it:

they won't get rid of the bonuses (saboteur effect on hands, enhancing duration on feet, etc) from the original gear, but will add stat vomit and bump up slightly the values of the bonuses that are already there. Which would mean feet only for enhancing duration. They very well could add additional bonuses, but I think they would add something completely different like enfeebling duration since enhancing duration is already on one piece.

edit: also, where are you getting that update is 4 days away? I went to playonline website and don't see an announcement post.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-03-07 09:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

From BG:

Fay, not to be picky, cos I do find you reasonably intelligent, but that is technically not linear, as linear is static increases, or a straight line, which that is not.....

10 to 15, to 15 isn't even an equation, it's just arbitrary numbers created by SE.
Um... "Not to be picky"... But... That IS a linear increase (0-10-20-35-50), it's just two conjoined functions with an arbitrary joining section.
Which, SE is massively fond of. QED: phalanx potency/SS potency/pretty much any potency formula.

But that's semantics and silly because it can't be reasonably discussed unless we both have higher levels of mathematic education. (I would argue one would just need a class in Discreet Mathematics, but having up to calculus 5 wouldn't hurt either.)

As to the empy set, it's quite likely that some things will have more effects added on.
However, RDM has one of the most full empyrean sets (as in it lacks a piece that is 100% just set bonus).
But it wouldn't be surprising to see some MAB on the body or something like "enfeebling magic duration+10" on the body or hands.
RDM suffers in its predictability because unlike most jobs, the AF sets aren't uniquely set for a single purpose.
As in, there's lol!melee stuff here, enhancing buff there, random cure potency, enfeebling support there, etc.
The empyrean set is the closest to a unified theme in that it's mostly enfeebling (Macc) buffs with a set bonus for fixing a JA that should have worked that way from the beginning...
So we can't really say what will be there aside from the stat vomit, since almost universally, each piece has the same statline for a slot.

RDM has one of the more robust empyrean sets... So it's possible that we won't see any additions, just value increases.
But that would be kinda lame.
Even if it's understandable.
By Thandor 2015-03-07 18:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

From BG:

Um... "Not to be picky"... But... That IS a linear increase (0-10-20-35-50), it's just two conjoined functions with an arbitrary joining section.
Which, SE is massively fond of. QED: phalanx potency/SS potency/pretty much any potency formula.

But that's semantics and silly because it can't be reasonably discussed unless we both have higher levels of mathematic education. (I would argue one would just need a class in Discreet Mathematics, but having up to calculus 5 wouldn't hurt either.)

As to the empy set, it's quite likely that some things will have more effects added on.
However, RDM has one of the most full empyrean sets (as in it lacks a piece that is 100% just set bonus).
But it wouldn't be surprising to see some MAB on the body or something like "enfeebling magic duration+10" on the body or hands.
RDM suffers in its predictability because unlike most jobs, the AF sets aren't uniquely set for a single purpose.
As in, there's lol!melee stuff here, enhancing buff there, random cure potency, enfeebling support there, etc.
The empyrean set is the closest to a unified theme in that it's mostly enfeebling (Macc) buffs with a set bonus for fixing a JA that should have worked that way from the beginning...
So we can't really say what will be there aside from the stat vomit, since almost universally, each piece has the same statline for a slot.

RDM has one of the more robust empyrean sets... So it's possible that we won't see any additions, just value increases.
But that would be kinda lame.
Even if it's understandable.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

No. That's not linear. You're right that this is an issue of semantics, since semantics is what words mean. In this case, the word linear, means "in a line." This is a standard and agreed upon meaning. If you're using it to mean something else, you should say what you mean.

It's also not "two conjoined functions with an arbitrary joining section." It's not a function at all. It's a set of values that do not have a linear relationship.

Even if this was an advanced mathematical concept, we still wouldn't need advanced degrees to discuss it reasonably, we just have to say things that make sense.
By Rainari 2015-03-13 00:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For the purpose of nuking on RDM What slots do you think are done away with by Helios VS Hagondes and what ever other slots are out there.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30