All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-23 00:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Some of the new Chironic gear is interesting. Has +accuracy / attack base on it and can get substantial augments. The sword can get pretty crazy nice augments too, should replace Claid for mainhand on non-mythic wielders.

Yea I noticed that too... but one thing about the chironic gear is the lack of stats. People get STR and MND augments but not DEX; the STR augments do not make up for what you can get on Taeon, and the extra accuracy isn't enough to make up for the loss due to the low DEX (not to mention the reduced crit rate), also no triple attack. I'd stick with Taeon. As for non-mythic, I haven't seen the augments on Colada, but I imagine they are comparable to Claid.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-23 01:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chironic can easily surpass Taeon in pure accuracy / attack, but it does indeed lack on multi-attack. It's a decent set if you need lots of accuracy, for some reason, or for Requiescat / Death Blossom. Taeon wins for CDC unless your really hurting for accuracy. I bring the Chironic up because it's way cheaper then throwing Dusk / Snowslit stones at Taeon. Currently I'm working on the other sets but when I get a chance I'll swing around and see what I can get on Chironic hands / feet / head. The legs are a pure enfeebling accuracy piece, especially with the immunobreak on it.

My friends been messing around with Colada and it seems to be much better then Claid, though extremely random. The augments are really a feast or famine situation.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-23 06:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Shiva.Hiep said: »
Anyone wanna post an updated DD and ENH set?

DD:
Murgleis/Demersal Degen +1//Ginsen
Taeon Chapaeu/Combatant's Torque/Suppanomimi/Eabani Earring
Taeon Tabard/Taeon Gloves/Petrov Ring/Hetairoi Ring
Bleating Mantle/Windbuffet Belt +1/Carmine Cuisses +1/Taeon Boots

Though haven't done the math if should replace an earring with Telos Earring.

Enhancing 500 skill so using duration:
Telchine Cap/Incanter's Torque/Andoaa Earring/Augmenting Earring
Telchine Chasuble/Atrophy Gloves +1
Ghostfyre Cape/Olympus Sash/Telchine Braconi/Lethargy Houseaux +1

Enhancing max for temper2/enspells:
Befouled Crown/Incanter's Torque/Andoaa Earring/Augmenting Earring
Vitivation Tabard +1/Vitivation Gloves+1
Ghostfyre Cape/Olympus Sash/Carmine Cuisses +1/Lethargy Houseaux +1

Enhancing for refresh on self use Gishdubar Sash in addition to duration

Enhancing for barspells use Shedir Seraweels in addition to duration

Enhancing for aquaveil use Shedir Seraweels, Emphatikos Rope, and Amalric Coif +1 in addition to duration

Does this mean I need 13 DW in gear to cap w/ just Haste 2? Also, what are the augs on Taeon gear and a good Claidheamh Soluis?
By Boshi 2015-11-23 06:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How High of +acc have you seen on it? From my testing it seemed to have lower +acc/att potential than other reisenjima gears.
Regardless mnd+att can make for great requiscat pieces out of it.
If using T-stone legs have potential for CDC with Dex15 perhaps with no natural sex on taeon, but gonna be missing the ta4%.
Hand make phenomenal nuking piece.

"melee path
-mnd or str +1-10, mnd 90% of time.
-only w/ t-stones did i see other stats up to +15
-acc/attack usually goes up to +20ish but i saw a few were 1 went past up to 27
-da+2% (didnt see that often using p.stones, the dw2 aug far more common)
-shield mast +2 <- very common
-dw+1-5 seen with fern
-dw2 extremely common (exactly 2) with other stones
-pdt 1~2
-mdt 1~3
best results:
mnd10 att20 acc20 dw2
mnd10 acc20 att17 mdt-3%"
These were my results first day messing trying to get melee stats out of them. But me nor another rdm, whom and a brd in my group have been able to see acc/attk enough to make it competitive. The lack of dex on the base and that you can only seemingly get dex (aside from maybe missed roll?) with t-stone could be a killer.

~~~
other poster above:
with -capped- magic haste rdm/nin needs +11dw to cap
with only haste2 on self rdm/nin needs +31dw to cap
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-23 07:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't messed around with it much and since I don't got a set in front of me I don't want to quote exact numbers yet. The Head and Hands are pretty much melee pieces, the legs are for hard enfeebling and the feet I don't know what to really make of, yet.

:update:
Ok just got checking and jesus I didn't notice how low the natural DEX was on Chironic. Protey's right they won't be useful for TP or CDC / Savage but I could see a nice Requiescat / Death Blossom set come from them. The feet look like really nice nuking items, but Merlinic / Abjuration exists and those are already pretty bad ***.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-23 12:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone wanna post an updated DD and ENH set?

DD:
Murgleis/Demersal Degen +1//Ginsen
Taeon Chapaeu/Combatant's Torque/Suppanomimi/Eabani Earring
Taeon Tabard/Taeon Gloves/Petrov Ring/Hetairoi Ring
Bleating Mantle/Windbuffet Belt +1/Carmine Cuisses +1/Taeon Boots

Though haven't done the math if should replace an earring with Telos Earring.

Enhancing 500 skill so using duration:
Telchine Cap/Incanter's Torque/Andoaa Earring/Augmenting Earring
Telchine Chasuble/Atrophy Gloves +1
Ghostfyre Cape/Olympus Sash/Telchine Braconi/Lethargy Houseaux +1

Enhancing max for temper2/enspells:
Befouled Crown/Incanter's Torque/Andoaa Earring/Augmenting Earring
Vitivation Tabard +1/Vitivation Gloves+1
Ghostfyre Cape/Olympus Sash/Carmine Cuisses +1/Lethargy Houseaux +1

Enhancing for refresh on self use Gishdubar Sash in addition to duration

Enhancing for barspells use Shedir Seraweels in addition to duration

Enhancing for aquaveil use Shedir Seraweels, Emphatikos Rope, and Amalric Coif +1 in addition to duration

Does this mean I need 13 DW in gear to cap w/ just Haste 2? Also, what are the augs on Taeon gear and a good Claidheamh Soluis?

The set I posted has 19 dual wield (the legs have +6 dual wield augment along with accuracy+20, attack+12).

edit: augs on Taeon I use are STR/DEX +7/+7, attack/accuracy +20/+20, and Triple Attack +2
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-23 13:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So DW aug on legs, and rest TA. How about augments on Claidheamh Soluis? Should I be going for DMG + or STR/DEX?
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-23 13:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So DW aug on legs, and rest TA. How about augments on Claidheamh Soluis? Should I be going for DMG + or STR/DEX?

I see most people go for +DMG. You kind of want that to make up for the huge delay on the weapon.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-23 21:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap for ENH bonus for Gain or En-spells?
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-23 23:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap for ENH bonus for Gain or En-spells?

Gain is capped at 500 enhancing and gives +25.
Enspells there is no known cap. With all of the enhancing skill gear there is it hasn't been reached.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-23 23:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Enspells don't have a cap, at least none I've found but I haven't seen anyone go over 600 skill yet. Gain-stat spells cap at 500 skill with +25 to that stat.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-24 17:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, went and got 608 enhancing (which is max that one can obtain atm). Here are the tiers of higher enspell damage:

Now all the previous tiers were 7 or 8; so unless after 600 enhancing it requires more than 8 it looks like 600 is max. One would have to be dual wielding and swap out weapons to obtain that high of enhancing though.

edit: actually with the new Exemplar, one can get over 600 without having to dual wield.... still requires swapping out weapons though.
By waffle 2015-11-24 17:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, went and got 608 enhancing (which is max that one can obtain atm). Here are the tiers of higher enspell damage:

Now all the previous tiers were 7 or 8; so unless after 600 enhancing it requires more than 8 it looks like 600 is max. One would have to be dual wielding and swap out weapons to obtain that high of enhancing though.

edit: actually with the new Exemplar, one can get over 600 without having to dual wield.... still requires swapping out weapons though.

Neat. I imagine temper/temper ii will also cap at 600 now. btw, what's the highest enhancing available at the moment without using the main and offhand slots?
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-24 17:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
Neat. I imagine temper/temper ii will also cap at 600 now. btw, what's the highest enhancing available at the moment without using the main and offhand slots?

Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-11-25 19:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I see most people go for +DMG. You kind of want that to make up for the huge delay on the weapon.

just to clarify, Protey's set uses Carmine+1 legs with the DW Path, not Taeon legs with a DW Augment. Important difference to be made.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-11-27 03:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Future goal for RDM nuking ^^
ItemSet 339662

Idealy i want to try to get MACC/MAB/INT and MB bonus on 5 piece who came from reinji.
For now, have only legs and get INT+5 MACC/MAB + 25 MB+9%

Hope get MB on all to have a set nuke + MB.

^^
edit : maybe should keep alamric NQ hands, but so need some test
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-28 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Future goal for RDM nuking ^^
ItemSet 339662

Idealy i want to try to get MACC/MAB/INT and MB bonus on 5 piece who came from reinji.
For now, have only legs and get INT+5 MACC/MAB + 25 MB+9%

Hope get MB on all to have a set nuke + MB.

^^
edit : maybe should keep alamric NQ hands, but so need some test

You can also use wretched coat/+1 in the mean time, it is a decent nuking piece with MB damage +5/+6. You could also use Mizukagi-no-Kubikzari neck piece for +10. Remember that MB damage+ on gear caps at +40 with the exceptions of amalric hands and mujin band being in addition to the +40 cap.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-11-28 16:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I really recommend the sanctity necklace over eddy necklace for rdm on anything worth nuking (macc10/MAB10 vs macc4/MAB11). We need that extra help for free nukes in anything over 119 content in my opinion.

Then again, considering the damage penalty for multiple nukers on NMs, if you are bringing either multiple BLMs or SCHs for heavy nuking duties, you could be doing more harm than good by nuking, no matter how good your gear is. It's a hard lesson that we have to appreciate while on RDM- sometimes it's best to let those best equipped for the job do it.

If you, even in tip-top gear, land a nuke prior to your party's pimped out BLMs, it can reduce their damage on T6 nukes by 60% (30% if you've brought a RUN for Rayke), and even your T5 isn't making up for that lost damage.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-29 18:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If you, even in tip-top gear, land a nuke prior to your party's pimped out BLMs, it can reduce their damage on T6 nukes by 60% (30% if you've brought a RUN for Rayke), and even your T5 isn't making up for that lost damage.

No

The penalty is nowhere near this large, in fact there is no penalty unless you have three or more nukers. It was done to prevent an army of BLM's chain nuking on NMs, not a 2nd nuker off a SC. The damage reduction is very small and only grows larger after several nukes of the same element in a very short time, which due to the 3s global lockout after every cast is impossible for you to do on your own without spamming T1's.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-29 19:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No

The penalty is nowhere near this large, in fact there is no penalty unless you have three or more nukers. It was done to prevent an army of BLM's chain nuking on NMs, not a 2nd nuker off a SC. The damage reduction is very small and only grows larger after several nukes of the same element in a very short time, which due to the 3s global lockout after every cast is impossible for you to do on your own without spamming T1's.

O really? Your text to link here...
By Zephin 2015-11-29 20:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No

I thought Apogee always did that. I would go with Saevel on this one.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-29 21:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I thought Apogee always did that. I would go with Saevel on this one.

Same thread a few posts above: Your text to link here...
By minikomby 2015-11-29 23:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

is Hydrocea better tan Auroule better now for debuff purpose?

Mp+20 mnd+3 magic acc+6 VS magic acc +8
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-11-30 00:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
is Hydrocea better tan Auroule better now for debuff purpose?

Mp+20 mnd+3 magic acc+6 VS magic acc +8

For stuff that has potency based on MND, yes. Personally, I use Quartz Tathlum +1 since there are enfeebles that have potency based on both MND and enfeebling skill.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-30 03:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No

Yes really, read it again. He did a single test and got a random resist on the second hit using a Pet's weapon skill.

The magic damage reduction was tested years ago when it was first implemented by SE. Back then it was very popular to use alliance's with lots of BLM's time nuking targets. The lead BLM would call out a time and all 6~10 of them would fire off the same nuke on that target for controlled damage. SE implemented it such that the damage reduction would build such that it would only effect a large group of nukers and that it should have minimal if any impact on one or two nukers. So a RDM casting Thunder V while two other BLMs cast Thunder VI wouldn't cause a problem, but six BLM's all casting Thunder VI or a team of BLMs chaining nukes nonstop would. The resistance buildup resets really fast too.

Interesting fact, it's both a damage reduction and resistance buildup when using elemental damage. A long time ago Legacy of Old used to do Dynamis and one of our strategies involved using four to six RDM/BLM's with staggered CSS's. We had our melee's do their thing and the BLMs would chain their strongest nukes. Shortly after this update we started experiencing severe resists on stun in a very short period, typically after twenty or thirty seconds. We identified the issue as our BLM's chaining thunder nukes and next time around we had our BLM's use anything except thunder and we didn't have a single stun resist.

That is the kind of chained elemental damage necessary to invoke severe reduction. When you have multiple nukes of the same element hitting in a very short period, typically each one after the first two cause's a 10~25% reduction for the next one. So you would need three or more nukers hitting double MB on the same element before you start to see issues, and then it would only be the last nukes that would be effected and they are usually the weakest anyway.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-11-30 04:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did more than single test actually and it wasn't a random resist. Later, I also tried Night Terror and Impact on Ironbeak Inguza, both have got a 30% dmg reduction on the second use. I was too lazy to check other elements but concluded that the target's elemental affinities have an influence in the magic damage reduction system.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-30 05:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you, at any time, try something other then Pet weapon skills or on a real monster? Cause you know, four times on the same NM as a SMN doesn't make a very good case for claims on the entire magic system.

That's very important because I've chained nuked things and there is no where near a 30% damage cut from the second nuke. Hell I've been in apex CP parties with two BLM's and a GEO and the only noticeable damage reduction came on the third or fourth nuke. I've even been chaining light nukes on BLU and didn't see any reduction until the third one went off. It's very noticeable when your spamming subduction.

As I said, this was tested a long *** time ago, with actual nukes on multiple targets and the damage reduction isn't anywhere near that big. It would be extremely noticeable in any Apex CP camp when using multiple nukers. I happen to have done a ***ton of that and only noticed a slight damage reduction on the third nuke and only a severe nuke when chaining five or more.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-11-30 08:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You are also making claims but without showing any real evidence (read : numbers/datas). Did you know that only the monsters classified as "Impossible to Gauge" are concerned by this system?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-30 09:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tested on Apex mob, no reduction after first nuke and definitely not a 60% reduction. It's so easy to test that anyone can go do it.

As for your NM, so far not a single Escha NM has demonstrated that resistance. We chain nuke the T3 whale with Light nukes and don't see a reduction until the third nuke, and then it's small. This is so easy that anyone can go see it in action. The only reason I'm even bothering to answer your absurd claims is that someone made an equally outlandish claim that a RDM would hurt a BLM if the RDM got in a nuke first. We've been killing NM's by SC + MB for awhile now and good nukers can get in two MB's along with multiple other nukers. A 60% damage resistance on everyone after the first nuke would be easily noticeable and nobody's noticed that.

I'm positive your correct that Iron beak gets a resistance to Summoners pets who attempt to chain Blood Pacts on him. That doesn't have any bearing on elemental nukes on a MB that a RDM might be part of.
By Boshi 2015-11-30 09:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

cause apex mobs are NMs.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30