Men Notice Women, Somehow This Is News.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Men notice women, somehow this is news.
Men notice women, somehow this is news.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-31 12:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Please explain why something as simple as saying "Hello" or "Good day" to somebody is harassment. Please also point out how the person receiving the notification would know that specific person would only say that to you and not to anyone else in the world.

I've already done that, please check my past posts, as well as some posts by others in the thread.
I shouldn't have to keep repeating myself the same thing before someone listens.

For one thing, and I pointed this out, if what she posted was the worst she received from a 10 hour walk, then that means that she hasn't been harassed by men outside a handful of times. She is making a mountain out of a little molehill.

Another thing, I'm sure you understand this, but those guys are initiating the contact to go out with that woman. If she really wants to not have those contacts, then she should not dress attractively (even with those clothes she was still dressing attractively). Wear fake glasses, baggy/torn clothing, or whatever she feels would make her unattractive and she would not receive these catcalls (or not as much).

And as i pointed out, it's quite probable she didn't show the worst, because that can incite new problems like death/rape threats, doxing and other thing. And if she did post the worst, then she got lucky that day, as the links I posted show, it can be a lot worse.

Yeah, I get their seeking a date.
But dressing in a jeans and covered top is some how dressing to seek attention? I suppose all women should go back to 1910 dresses and throw a jacket over so nothing EVER shows.

Your statement right there proves you've no idea what you're talking about, your acting like part of the problem. Not the harassment problem, but a problem of men blaming women for things happening to them because men can't control themselves because that woman wore something she liked and inciting the guys actions.

Women don't and shouldn't have to dress ugly to stop men from being harassers, that is MEN's poor lack of any sort of self control. And might be a bit of why they don't have a girlfriend. Who would want to date someone like that?

So, because very few instances happened where a man harmed a woman for not going out with him, all men are like that now?

You quoted 4 instances, and last I checked, there are 151+ million men in the US. So, are all of them ravage brutes who will kill you for not going out with them now?

Very few?
This is just what gets the news. Addendum: And what I found from a quick google search first thing in the morning. I could likely post a lot more.
(And everyone knows, for what story gets the news, dozens of the same thing dont)

The last link covers what women themselves post, which is 451 posts in 5 months, and only the women who felt up to sharing it. Your number of a few is pretty insignificant.

You are showing your insecurities. I'm a male, and I'm not a beast you are lumping me with these people. I can guarantee you that 151+ million males in the US can say the exact same thing. You are "scared" over nothing.

According to statistics 1 in 5 women in the US will be sexually assaulted during their lifetime.
There's over 313 million people in the US.

If there's about 156m women in the US, that's 31+m women who've been sexually assaulted/raped. (Likely higher as not all sexual assault and rapes are reported, estmates say half of them aren't reported, which would be over 62m women, almost half the country's female population.) So that means there's about 30-60m men in the country who are abusive rapists a*******.

So #notallmen as the hashtag goes, but d***, that's a lot of them.
Sounds like my fears are well founded. Except to people who don't have to share them.

But I think we found the crux of your whole argument. You hate men for some insane reason, and you must insist that all men are the same.

Actually, I pointed out (once again) in a previous post, that not all men in my life have been evil.
And I've met several quite respectable guys in FFXI.

p.s. hate and fear are not mutually exclusive. Nor are they even the same thing.

You know what? I have been severely hurt by women my entire life. Worse than you have ever experienced by men which I will not go further into, but I know this for a fact that I have more reason to hate women than you have to hate men. Guess what! I don't hate women at all, nor do I treat every single female the same as those who physically/mentally/emotionally harmed me in my entire lifetime. I understand that everyone is different, and that nobody will treat me the same as the other person. Can you realize that for yourself?

I'm sure if we were so inclined as to share experiences, mine would far more darken this forum then yours. But only a few people know of whats happened to me. But since neither of us are inclined to share publicly, I guess we'll just have to assume we've had the worst of our little worlds. And given some of the statements here, nobody would believe it anyway, and just dismiss it like so many other things here.

I don't hate most men, except the ones who hurt me. I do fear most men though.
Quite a big difference there^^

Seriously, this woman has the easy life. She just doesn't realize how great her life is, because she is placing her focus on only one negativity of her life. I foresee her days to be very lonely because of the way she treats other humans.

How do you know anything about her life? Is she your wife? No? Then you don't know anything about it.
Is her life sooo great because she apparently has been hit on by dozens of men, and some guys can't get hit on by one woman? If that was how women judged their lives, then perhaps, but sadly, we don't. Only men seem to go that far.

But I would then question about the guys behavior, if they act like the video, or even a few posters here, I can't see why they wouldn't.

Well, she has had some bad experiences with men, that much is obvious.

Maybe a few bad dates, I highly doubt it's any worse than that because if it was, she wouldn't be sharing her viewpoints on a forum.

She needs to understand that not all guys are like those in the video, and in general we don't get any much worse than saying "Hello" to her.

In light of your quote above, I can't imagine your experiences: "I have been severely hurt by women my entire life. Worse than you have ever experienced by men." Is little more then bad dates, or being rejected by women you like.

See how easy it is to turn that around?

And here we are again at "not all guys", we keep coming back to that.
I wonder why. Typically speaking, if something is a recurring theme, then there is a reason for it.
You know, the definition of insanity is: repeating the same thing expecting different results. Perhaps you should seek out why women say this is a problem, and not why you think it's not.

If not all guys are so bad, then perhaps the "good guys" should go straighten up the bad guys, so this ***stops no?
But instead you're just arguing on a forum about how all this is in women's heads, and some of it is remarkably defensive.

I repeat my question earlier:

If your girlfriend/wife was subject to this as you followed her, would you be cool, or pissed off?
And would that, or does the video, show you what you already do to other women, and makes you feel uncomfortable so you get defensive to hide your past actions from your own visibility?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 12:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is offensive to me so doesn't matter if it is a man or woman saying it.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-31 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
That is complete and utter BS. Give me ONE good reason why men's behaviour should dictate what a woman wears in public. Why should a woman have to make sure she looks like sh** every time she walks out the door to avoid unwanted sexual attention? Why can't those over-eager men instead learn to control themselves, their actions and what comes out of their mouths?
If a lady is dressing to get/garner attention, especially towards those of an opposite sex, then why *** about it when they receive the attention?

Now, every woman is different and everyone dresses differently, so it's hard to see some women dressing for attention and those who aren't, but you have to admit that there are plenty of women who adore and even want the attention they receive.

Why not go after them first before going after guys? Because it's easier doesn't mean it's effective.

As for men wolf whistling and cat calling, I can't answer that for you because those guys are those guys regardless.

I'm not talking about when a woman gets all dressed up because she seeks attention from men. I'm talking about wearing a t-shirt and jeans and not doing anything that could possibly be seen as attention-seeking.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 12:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That is complete and utter BS. Give me ONE good reason why men's behaviour should dictate what a woman wears in public. Why should a woman have to make sure she looks like sh** every time she walks out the door to avoid unwanted sexual attention? Why can't those over-eager men instead learn to control themselves, their actions and what comes out of their mouths?
If a lady is dressing to get/garner attention, especially towards those of an opposite sex, then why *** about it when they receive the attention?

Now, every woman is different and everyone dresses differently, so it's hard to see some women dressing for attention and those who aren't, but you have to admit that there are plenty of women who adore and even want the attention they receive.

Why not go after them first before going after guys? Because it's easier doesn't mean it's effective.

As for men wolf whistling and cat calling, I can't answer that for you because those guys are those guys regardless.

I'm not talking about when a woman gets all dressed up because she seeks attention from men. I'm talking about wearing a t-shirt and jeans and not doing anything that could possibly be seen as attention-seeking.
Then we are talking about 2 different arguments.
By fonewear 2014-10-31 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My feelings they hurt so bad who can I blame for that !

Oh I almost forgot

Nine Pages!!! I still don't know what it is like to walk a mile in her shoes either !!!

I'm too busy being a guilty/stereotypical white man to have feelings.

King you can't win this argument you aren't a woman.
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-31 12:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Then we are talking about 2 different arguments.

Again I quote what you said in an earlier post:

Another thing, I'm sure you understand this, but those guys are initiating the contact to go out with that woman. If she really wants to not have those contacts, then she should not dress attractively (even with those clothes she was still dressing attractively). Wear fake glasses, baggy/torn clothing, or whatever she feels would make her unattractive and she would not receive these catcalls (or not as much).

The guys you are referring to, are the guys in the video, right? And the female you're referring to, is the woman in the video, correct?

Then no, we aren't talking about 2 different arguments.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 12:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a twitter campaign or this isn't a concern to me.

#endstreetharassmentnow

https://twitter.com/hashtag/endstreetharassment
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 12:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I believe in gender equality. In some respects that would make me a feminist...I suppose, but I hate that term because it is tied to the hate mongering blog posts that circle about Tumblr and Reddit. I believe women should get equal pay for equal work. Those jokes about women not being able to drive? ***. You get the idea.

That said KN, I think you're off on the 'dressing up' stuff. As I said, not all women dress up for attention, it's all about the when and where as I said before.

Kath, as has probably been repeated to you time and time again, "not all men" are as you fear them and there will be many who don't have proper respect for a woman but don't let fear cripple you.

That thing about men not hitting women, no one should be hitting anyone, if only. Just as there are men who don't respect women, there are women who don't respect men. The disrespect presents itself differently from both genders so it isn't often compared.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 13:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
Your statement right there proves you've no idea what you're talking about, your acting like part of the problem. Not the harassment problem, but a problem of men blaming women for things happening to them because men can't control themselves because that woman wore something she liked and inciting the guys actions.
You are acting like women are 100% innocent in attracting attention and that they are just bystanders of the evil male species.

News flash: There are a lot of women who seek this attention.

Women don't and shouldn't have to dress ugly to stop men from being harassers, that is MEN's poor lack of any sort of self control. And might be a bit of why they don't have a girlfriend. Who would want to date someone like that?
All men, or just the majority?

By your tone of your posts, it's nearly all men who act like this. Why else would you have this irrational fear of men in the first place?

Very few?
This is just what gets the news. (And everyone knows, for what story gets the news, dozens of the same thing dont)
The last link covers what women themselves post, which is 451 posts in 5 months, and only the women who felt up to sharing it. Your number of a few is pretty insignificant.
Sorry, but 451/151,000,000 is still very very very very very very very very very very few instances. If you are going to condemn all men for the horrid behavior of 451, then I will condemn all women for the same thing. How would you like it if I start calling you a heartless, money-grubbing, selfish, horrible, evil ***?

You wouldn't like that, would you?

According to statistics 1 in 5 women in the US will be sexually assaulted during their lifetime.

And I've met several quite respectable guys in FFXI.
Because FFXI is a fair representation of real life, huh?

I do fear most men though.
Why again? We don't give a flying flip about you personally, why would you fear us at all? Even if you were Angelina Jolie, most men wouldn't give a rat's *** about you. (But if you are Angelina Jolie, we would give a rat's *** over something completely different)

How do you know anything about her life? Is she your wife? No? Then you don't know anything about it.
Because if this is the worst thing in her life she has to live through, which it obviously is (as she wouldn't be complaining about this if there were something worse in her life that she has to live with), then she has it made.

In light of your quote above, I can't imagine your experiences: "I have been severely hurt by women my entire life. Worse than you have ever experienced by men." Is little more then bad dates, or being rejected by women you like.

See how easy it is to turn that around?
I highly doubt that you have been played around by a guy only to have them crush your soul after they have taken a little over half a million dollars from you, and they knew that they wouldn't get any more than that unless they show some sort of commitment towards a lifetime relationship. You know, marriage and all that. By soul crushing, I'm talking about one of the worst things you can possibly say to an accountant fiance.

And here we are again at "not all guys", we keep coming back to that.
I wonder why. Typically speaking, if something is a recurring theme, then there is a reason for it.
You know, the definition of insanity is: repeating the same thing expecting different results. Perhaps you should seek out why women say this is a problem, and not why you think it's not.
So, you just admitted that your argument is that all guys are like this, huh?

If not all guys are so bad, then perhaps the "good guys" should go straighten up the bad guys, so this ***stops no?
But instead you're just arguing on a forum about how all this is in women's heads, and some of it is remarkably defensive.
So, wait, you are endorsing violence towards guys because you got offended over nothing?

If your girlfriend/wife was subject to this as you followed her, would you be cool, or pissed off?
I would be proud because my girlfriend/wife not only attracts others, but also is committed to me and me alone, and make other guys jealous of me for being with such a great and beautiful lady.

And would that, or does the video, show you what you already do to other women, and makes you feel uncomfortable so you get defensive to hide your past actions from your own visibility?
Did you already forget my first post in response to you? I treat men and women the same, and I don't do this to anyone, male or female.

But I'm sure you would love to assume that I do. So, go ahead and assume away.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 13:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all are men are terrible but it is just easier to assume that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 13:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The guys you are referring to, are the guys in the video, right? And the female you're referring to, is the woman in the video, correct?

Then no, we aren't talking about 2 different arguments.
No, I'm talking about men/women in general.

Edit: Well, that specific response is in regards to that video.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-31 13:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Boobies
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-31 13:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought having your boobs hang out was female empowerment ? The rules of female empowerment change so much I don't know what to believe anymore !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 13:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
That said KN, I think you're off on the 'dressing up' stuff. As I said, not all women dress up for attention, it's all about the when and where as I said before.
I believe that we are talking about the general public sense.

If a woman dresses attractively at work, that is completely different than a woman dressing attractively in general or out in public.

Which is what I assumed this whole discussion is about, outside of work and in the general public and/or out having fun.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-31 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Even when going to a club most of the time a girl dresses up to feel confident, or even to impress her girl friends much more than random guys. Now, it's not like it never happens that a girl goes fishing, but that's usually not the point.

I love skirts, and I don't wear them cause I want people to look at dem knees of mine, but cause I find them cute and I like to dress into cute things cause I feel better in them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 13:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Women dressing to impress other women? More like pissing them off.

That's what happens every single time there's an event where I have to go with a couple of my coworkers, the ladies always complain about somebody else's dress or style or whatnot.

That's not dressing to impress....
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-31 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Women dressing to impress other women? More like pissing them off.

That's what happens every single time there's an event where I have to go with a couple of my coworkers, the ladies always complain about somebody else's dress or style or whatnot.

That's not dressing to impress....
You will never understand and thus will never be truly fabulous.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-31 13:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If a woman dresses attractively at work, that is completely different than a woman dressing attractively in general or out in public.

Which is what I assumed this whole discussion is about, outside of work and in the general public and/or out having fun.

So a woman who has to go from A to B, i.e. be out in public, should make sure she looks as unattractive and ugly as humanly possible? To me, that kind of argument is one step away from saying a rape victim "asked for it" because of what she was wearing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 13:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I do fear most men though.

Making your opinion on men Biased and completely founded on fear. That isn't healthy at all. I see cats in your future.

also this is interesting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2704889/Have-completely-misunderstood-concept-Women-Against-Feminism-blog-sparks-fierce-backlash-statements-I-like-men-compliment-body.html
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 13:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So a woman who has to go from A to B, i.e. be out in public, should make sure she looks as unattractive and ugly as humanly possible? To me, that kind of argument is one step away from saying a rape victim "asked for it" because of what she was wearing.
When a lady knowingly dresses up to attract males, she shouldn't complain when she does. That's my argument.

Not saying that unwanted attention doesn't exist, but when she purposefully dresses up to garner that unwanted attention....

That's like a guy carrying a bag full of money down a very bad neighborhood, shouting in the streets that he has a bag full of money and complaining that he got robbed almost immediately.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-31 13:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever happened to a double dose of Stonecoldbitchface?

Side effects of Stonecoldbitchface include:

Muteness in men; decreased sexual desire in men; nervousness in men; dry-mouth; unpleasant taste. If Stonecoldbitchface persists for more than twenty-four hours, seek medical attention. Use caution when operating Stonecoldbitchface, it works under cross-eye rules, and it is very likely that your face could be stuck in that sour state.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-31 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People keep blaming the clothing, but that's only part of the equation. For the entire picture, you also have to account for body language, facial expression etc.

As some people have been quick to point out, the woman in the video is only wearing a t-shirt and jeans - but what no-one has said is that they are curve-hugging. Even the backpack she's wearing is pulling her shirt tight across her chest, accentuating her form. This suggests that she's comfortable with her body and her sexuality, and whether she means to or not, she's drawing attention to herself in a sexual way.

At the same time though, her posture, her body language, and her facial expression all scream "I'm too good for you" and "leave me alone". The conflict between body language and clothing present the image of an "I'm too hot for you" ***.

The guys in the video that are catcalling and hitting on her don't genuinely think she'll give in to their advances - they know she won't, which is exactly why they're harassing her.

People will always be treated the way they project themselves.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Whatever happened to a double dose of Stonecoldbitchface?

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/5ndnit/jessica-s-feminized-atmosphere

Fast forward to about almost the end...

This is a proper way to show how messed up guys can be. Satire and true.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2014-10-31 14:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

She's not even a 5 hot, how can she be that crazy?
The matrix doesn't work anymore!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-31 14:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nanabi said: »
ftfy
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2014-10-31 14:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy

I didn't even bother to check lol thank you
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-31 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy

Unicorn zone..................

I DIED.....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-31 14:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's now apparently harassment to notice a woman and initiate contact because you find her attractive? If so then congrats, you've made it a crime to be born a man.

Quetzalcoatl.Jezz said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Bitmusic said: »
A few thoughts, the people who simply said hi to her nothing to see here move along.

So you're honestly saying those guys that said 'hi/hello' to her are just nice guys, and they say 'hi/hello' to just about every man, woman and child that pass by them.

Who cares if they only say hi to her because they find her attractive? Why is THAT harassment?

I'm wary of guys walking towards me most specifically when I'm alone (I should have clarified that a little) not just because I think he could be one of those guys who'll jump me and rape me (Though pretty statically unlikely, it does happen), but because if I ignore him, I could face verbal insults that can sometimes led to physical violence, or worse. Things the video never covered, but they happen, to A LOT of women. I'd be willing to say all women.

There's been several stories in the news lately about women assaulted and even killed by men because they refused them or to talk to them. For every one that gets the news, there's likely others that don't (as it is with most things). It may not be right to demonize, and I try not to, but it's quite reasonable to be fearful when you don't know who might be the person to flip.

I would never argue for anyone to be ill prepared for such a situation, but you do realize you don't exist in a world where men are just barely holding back their urges to rape you right? It just isn't true.

Bottom line is I do not owe you silence and fake disinterest when I encounter you because you're afraid I'm gonna rape you. If I like you I'm gonna say "Hi" or "Hey" or "Good morning" or check you out. You are not "harassed" when I do so. If you don't want to return interest then don't, but please don't walk around with the delusion that you were just verbally assaulted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-31 14:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You see, at a vulgar comment you can just roll your eyes and keep walking, hell sometimes even laugh if it's done right(but don't get me wrong, it's usually very annoying); but what I find much much much worse is when a man becomes aggressive after you turn him down. And I don't know about you but this happens very often, like they're entitled to your attention and availability.
No, just no, go away.
Yes.

Being polite or nice does not work. If a man is enough of an asshat to act obnoxious in public he's probably enough of an asshat to try and push the interaction for a longer duration. I swear some get off on trying to make you uncomfortable.

I'm not really sure why guys are insulted when you tell them your dating/married or not interested. They played the very low odds that a woman would give them their name/number/date. That didn't work out. Move on.

I really hate it when guys just sit down at your table without being invited (or signaled in any way) or try to corner you (restrooms, parking lot, etc). I'm short and guys, who usually are larger, crowding/looming into my space makes me exceedingly cautious and leery.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-31 14:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You see, at a vulgar comment you can just roll your eyes and keep walking, hell sometimes even laugh if it's done right(but don't get me wrong, it's usually very annoying); but what I find much much much worse is when a man becomes aggressive after you turn him down. And I don't know about you but this happens very often, like they're entitled to your attention and availability.
No, just no, go away.
Yes.

Being polite or nice does not work. If a man is enough of an asshat to act obnoxious in public he's probably enough of an asshat to try and push the interaction for a longer duration. I swear some get off on trying to make you uncomfortable.

I'm not really sure why guys are insulted when you tell them your dating/married or not interested. They played the very low odds that a woman would give them their name/number/date. That didn't work out. Move on.

I really hate it when guys just sit down at your table without being invited (or signaled in any way) or try to corner you (restrooms, parking lot, etc). I'm short and guys, who usually are larger, crowding/looming into my space makes me exceedingly cautious and leery.

I think a good taze to the balls is warranted in situations like that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10