New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Unity Concord
Unity Concord
First Page 2
By Nazrious 2014-10-27 06:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Read through the post, got the feeling that players from different factions would not be able to group together to accomplish some of the quests/battles etc.

If this is in fact the case SE has failed so hard.

Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-27 07:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Read through the post, got the feeling that players from different factions would not be able to group together to accomplish some of the quests/battles etc.

If this is in fact the case SE has failed so hard.

I would suspect that this content isn't going to be particularly difficult so won't be intended as group content anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-10-27 07:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe them. They said Monstrosity would be supported in further updates too. LOOK AT IT NOW!
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-10-27 08:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I would suspect that this content isn't going to be particularly difficult so won't be intended as group content anyway.
While I agree it prolly won't be overly difficult, I'd imagine it's very much intended to be group content. 9 different Unitys (no info if there's a difference yet or not), assuming an even split and your server pop, you'd have 50-200ish people in each. If the gear is worthwhile, you'll have people really chasing after the accolades to buy and upgrade gear, making doing these very important, and easy to make a group for considering the Unity channel.

But with the ability to see a weekly rating and transfer unities, and the top ranking unity receiving better gear from Wanted quests, it's possible (if the system can handle it) that everyone just runs to the same Unity. Assuming there's no differences between them that is. Exclusive objectives could be something like available to rank 1 only.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-27 08:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it will be necessarily difficult....
It could just be stuff like "go kill Valkrum Emperor with a party of 6" or shenanigans like that.
It's gonna be run through RoE... so... expect that style of "content".

EDIT: also, I expect one of two things to happen with the rewards:
a) they're ***low-level stuff that's not worthwhile to even DO
b) they're crappier than crap, even if you're ranked #1 on your server

I'm expecting it to be B given how the monstrosity gladiator torques worked out to be super crap.
Because I seriously doubt they're gonna actually give super good ***to the one random person on the server who has enough time or cheats to be #1...
ESPECIALLY given how this is "community building" content...
$5 says it's gonna be faffing about content with rewards that will only be useful for if you want to level a new job. (eg worthless at 99)
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-10-27 09:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
also, I expect one of two things to happen with the rewards:
a) they're ***low-level stuff that's not worthwhile to even DO
b) they're crappier than crap, even if you're ranked #1 on your server

I'm expecting it to be B given how the monstrosity gladiator torques worked out to be super crap.
Because I seriously doubt they're gonna actually give super good ***to the one random person on the server who has enough time or cheats to be #1...
ESPECIALLY given how this is "community building" content...
$5 says it's gonna be faffing about content with rewards that will only be useful for if you want to level a new job. (eg worthless at 99)

Considering it has it's bases in RoE content, and it's assumingly harder/more of a grind, I'd be willing to bet it's actually 119 gear. Your A and B are really the same thing, not sure what you're trying to imply.

As far as ranked #1, that's Unity wide. Hence after the first week's tally, if the gear improvements from being ranked 1 are large enough, it's very possible that the entire system will be bypassed and everyone just heads to the "best Unity." Assuming there's nothing useful or unique about remaining in a different Unity.
By Nazrious 2014-10-27 09:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the possibilities seem pleasant and my biggest gripe is the splitting of an already low population, which will simply exacerbate the situation.

If jumping is going to be so easy and not hold penalties, then why even bother splitting in the first place, a weak attempt to stir player vs player excitement?... very silly.

Scrap this entire thing and add sub linkshells instead, and new drops to old NMs, the game needs some more claim drama anyways.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-27 09:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are smart, they would all sign up to one Unity NPC to begin with...
By gargurty 2014-10-27 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

this game need battlefinder :/
By Nazrious 2014-10-27 11:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If people are smart, they would all sign up to one Unity NPC to begin with...

I'm sure Linkshells will encourage this, but people will always differ when given a choice. Choices for the sake of choices with out regard to game play impact is not beneficial.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-27 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

unity chat is going to be >= 1/9 the server, kinda cool.. an additional chat channel could make solo stuff that much less boring if people take to talking on it

i don't expect much from the actual content though
By Nazrious 2014-10-27 12:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
unity chat is going to be >= 1/9 the server, kinda cool.. an additional chat channel could make solo stuff that much less boring if people take to talking on it

i don't expect much from the actual content though

Will suck if its anything like Yell with derps derping it up and talking about crap that belong in /l or /tell.

Sub-linkshell, {Yes Please}
Worth While item on old school NMs, I'm game
Non- Fail split up server nonsense content, Sure why not.

Unity concord as described right now... umm no.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-27 12:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A chat channel with the potential to hold a large population of the server? I'm going to need some popcorn for the drama that's about to unfold.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-27 12:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this idea. Maybe they can throw in additional notorious monster running around adoulin and need people to dispatch it sorta like wildskeeper except they not in same location. We see roe quest appears dispatch "name of notorious monster at location...." On our unity channels And we all rush there to kill for equipment drops.

A lotta potentials if they do it right. sub link shell might still be coming. Why people complain when stuff is not even implemented?
 Asura.Cevlina
user: Cevlina
By Asura.Cevlina 2014-10-27 12:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this does end up being worth it because if not I'd just be thinking about all of the things the people who worked on this could have been doing with all that time.

Like working on the upgrade to the Black Belt SE said they were looking in to years ago. I know it's going to be ridiculously difficult and the sooner I know what to do to upgrade it the better.

Plot Twist: Black Belt Upgrades via Unity Concord.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-27 12:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cevlina said: »
I hope this does end up being worth it because if not I'd just be thinking about all of the things the people who worked on this could have been doing with all that time.

Like working on the upgrade to the Black Belt SE said they were looking in to years ago. I know it's going to be ridiculously difficult and the sooner I know what to do to upgrade it the better.

Plot Twist: Black Belt Upgrades via Unity Concord.

You want the time being spend working on a whole new system to be used to work on black belt upgrade that only monk can use? Lol sorry just sayin
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-27 12:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like more of the lets put XIV features into XI trend ex: Companies and Duty Finder.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-27 13:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BREAK OUT THE TINFOIL HATS IT'S DOOMSDAY FOR SURE EVEN DRAYLO THINKS THE UNITY CONCORD IS DUMB!

No, but for real I'm sure he'll reply.

I think it's a bad idea to further segregate the community, this would've been better served about 10 years ago, when you know, people actually played the game...

There will be (one) piece of gear that will FORCE you to do it. For that 1 DPS gain. And all the sheep will immediately flock to it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-27 13:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't look very inspiring, but will have to see it in practice.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nazrious 2014-10-27 20:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
I like this idea. Maybe they can throw in additional notorious monster running around adoulin and need people to dispatch it sorta like wildskeeper except they not in same location. We see roe quest appears dispatch "name of notorious monster at location...." On our unity channels And we all rush there to kill for equipment drops.

A lotta potentials if they do it right. sub link shell might still be coming. Why people complain when stuff is not even implemented?
The unity channel would be better served as a sublinkshell, I like to be picky about who can spam me, a specific channel for content is dumb, this is not COD or SC with chat rooms etc.

eslim said: »
i've been asking se for something like this! finally i can get those last couple boring to getitems to finish my checklists x-x

Maybe not even.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
BREAK OUT THE TINFOIL HATS IT'S DOOMSDAY FOR SURE EVEN DRAYLO THINKS THE UNITY CONCORD IS DUMB!

No, but for real I'm sure he'll reply.

I think it's a bad idea to further segregate the community, this would've been better served about 10 years ago, when you know, people actually played the game...

There will be (one) piece of gear that will FORCE you to do it. For that 1 DPS gain. And all the sheep will immediately flock to it.

Yeah /le sigh
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-27 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All SE needs to do is add dross/hmp/cinder/alex/hpBayld to the rewards for this new Unity system and it will have a place in the farming ecosystem and people will do it.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-10-27 22:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All I read was Unity Concord: for people that don't know how to make friends in game, have no linkshell, and need SE's help to force the playerbase acknowledge them.

that being said, I can't wait to join and look forward to watching the npcs factions slowly become NA or JP onry, with some EUs lost in between.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-28 00:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
All SE needs to do is add dross/hmp/cinder/alex/hpBayld to the rewards for this new Unity system and it will have a place in the farming ecosystem and people will do it.
If it's going to be successful, I'm pretty sure it would need to reward people with something they can never have enough of, like those items or to a lesser extent, Rem tales (though I'd be pretty disappointed if Rem's tales were the most useful reward from them). Part of the reason RoE is successful is because Sparks and Copper Vouchers have so many practical uses. The other reason is you don't really have to go out of your way to get involved with it though.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-10-28 04:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like people will be fighting over NMs again which doesn't appeal to me in the least.

I hope that the system will be set up that no one feels they have to do that to make decent progress, but I'm sure NM hunting will be by far the most highly rewarding aspect of Unity.

What I wonder is that will everyone in a Unity be able to engage and get credit for the NM du jour or will we be competing with our own fellow members as well as the opposing Unities?
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-10-28 04:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
All I read was Unity Concord: for people that don't know how to make friends in game, have no linkshell, and need SE's help to force the playerbase acknowledge them.

that being said, I can't wait to join and look forward to watching the npcs factions slowly become NA or JP onry, with some EUs lost in between.

I can't wait for this. {Gather Together} {Everyone} > {I'm Sorry} JP ONRY!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2014-10-28 04:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to me like a variant on the Campaign battle model except that rather than picking a nation/union the objectives are set according to which Unity people are currently in.

As noted earlier all it really needs is to supply R/M/E currency and upgrade items to provide an impetus for people to dip into.

It seems to me that general activities will provide the accolade currency required to participate in the "Wanted" fights that will provide the unique drops. Essentially being a slightly more granular version of the way farming bayld from lair/colo reives and farming buys entry into Wildskeeper reives.
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-10-28 04:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk about jumping the gun.....we don't really have enough information to pass judgement.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-28 05:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Talk about jumping the gun.....we don't really have enough information to pass judgement.

Not that I had much to begin with, but square has personally sucked all the optimism out of me. (to me!) They never cease to disappoint, on some level, so it's not surprising we're willing to call a turd, a turd based on first glance, and most likely outcome.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2014-10-28 05:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the cadence of patches over the last year, if you aren't happy now, I doubt you'll ever be. Honestly, the game seems better supported to me now than its ever been over its entire history.

Does that mean I never get bored, of course not, but after playing this game for a decade its hardly surprising!
[+]
First Page 2