2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Unity Concord
Unity Concord
By Nazrious 2014-10-28 07:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Talk about jumping the gun.....we don't really have enough information to pass judgement.

Not that I had much to begin with, but square has personally sucked all the optimism out of me. (to me!) They never cease to disappoint, on some level, so it's not surprising we're willing to call a turd, a turd based on first glance, and most likely outcome.

Edit: ib4 eud. weapons rock,they suck sept for maybe clubs(specific content) and they their lolrandom augs.

^
Whut he said

and we have plenty of informatiion to pass judgement.
SE says they will release XYZ improvements.
SE fails to release those improvements, which for the most part are liked by the general player base
SE instead spends time and money, dedicating their solo intern they keep locked in a dark closet, to making nonsense no one cares about.

Hey has anyone run any Eud. Skirmishes lately? No? How about non surged WOE, just because those are awesome and not to surge?

2 examples of how SE fails in the later they force you to do the crap content to "Surge" for new content.

1 release to wipe up the hot mess of the other.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-10-28 07:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
SE fails to release those improvements, which for the most part are liked by the general player base
SE instead spends time and money, dedicating their solo intern they keep locked in a dark closet, to making nonsense no one cares about.

What improvements did they say they'd do that people liked, that weren't done? DW adjustment is the only thing that comes to mind. Dual LSs, no one I know honestly cared. And from a JP post today, it sounds like that might still be coming, just pushed back behind Unity.

And you'll certainly care about Unity if they put anything desirable in it. Saying no one cares about something before it hits, as said, is jumping the gun.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-28 07:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

After just done with daurabla 99 they will add metals and rift cinder as rewards for this system I know it
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-28 07:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
also, I expect one of two things to happen with the rewards:
a) they're ***low-level stuff that's not worthwhile to even DO
b) they're crappier than crap, even if you're ranked #1 on your server

I'm expecting it to be B given how the monstrosity gladiator torques worked out to be super crap.
Because I seriously doubt they're gonna actually give super good ***to the one random person on the server who has enough time or cheats to be #1...
ESPECIALLY given how this is "community building" content...
$5 says it's gonna be faffing about content with rewards that will only be useful for if you want to level a new job. (eg worthless at 99)

Considering it has it's bases in RoE content, and it's assumingly harder/more of a grind, I'd be willing to bet it's actually 119 gear. Your A and B are really the same thing, not sure what you're trying to imply.

As far as ranked #1, that's Unity wide. Hence after the first week's tally, if the gear improvements from being ranked 1 are large enough, it's very possible that the entire system will be bypassed and everyone just heads to the "best Unity." Assuming there's nothing useful or unique about remaining in a different Unity.
9_9
Let me dumb it down for you.
A) <99 gear
B) 99 gear with terribad stats (ala Monstrosity Gladiator torques)

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
After just done with daurabla 99 they will add metals and rift cinder as rewards for this system I know it
I wouldn't be surprised. They DID say they're gonna add more ways to get them.... But not increase the drop rates... So... This sounds not only possible, but also probable.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-28 08:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

*** all this just give me berserkers torque +1 for faster d3 when im on thf and I will be happy
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-28 09:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

also, I expect one of two things to happen with the rewards:
a) they're ***low-level stuff that's not worthwhile to even DO
b) they're crappier than crap, even if you're ranked #1 on your server

I'm expecting it to be B given how the monstrosity gladiator torques worked out to be super crap.
Because I seriously doubt they're gonna actually give super good ***to the one random person on the server who has enough time or cheats to be #1...
ESPECIALLY given how this is "community building" content...
$5 says it's gonna be faffing about content with rewards that will only be useful for if you want to level a new job. (eg worthless at 99)

Considering it has it's bases in RoE content, and it's assumingly harder/more of a grind, I'd be willing to bet it's actually 119 gear. Your A and B are really the same thing, not sure what you're trying to imply.

As far as ranked #1, that's Unity wide. Hence after the first week's tally, if the gear improvements from being ranked 1 are large enough, it's very possible that the entire system will be bypassed and everyone just heads to the "best Unity." Assuming there's nothing useful or unique about remaining in a different Unity.
9_9
Let me dumb it down for you.
A) <99 gear
B) 99 gear with terribad stats (ala Monstrosity Gladiator torques)

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
I wouldn't be surprised. They DID say they're gonna add more ways to get them.... But not increase the drop rates... So... This sounds not only possible, but also probable.

Yea I was actually thinking of trying to sell all 1500 metals for a nice profit then recollect but hey I don't need gil as badly after finishing daurabla.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-28 13:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be totally surprised if those gobbie box keys are potential rewards.
By Nazrious 2014-10-28 18:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »

What improvements did they say they'd do that people liked, that weren't done? DW adjustment is the only thing that comes to mind. Dual LSs, no one I know honestly cared. And from a JP post today, it sounds like that might still be coming, just pushed back behind Unity.

And you'll certainly care about Unity if they put anything desirable in it. Saying no one cares about something before it hits, as said, is jumping the gun.

I certainly will not, even if it has dope phat lewtz. The loot will be my only concern, but lol to caring about the content. I have not had fun in a specific content release in ages do once or twice relize its just a repainted version of older content and never do again, unless forced to for gear.

Sub linkshell is a major change it would allow for simulatneously being in another LSs but with out the need to switch. If you don't realize how major that is form a gameplay angle well then that is your porblem, More important then lol +1%DA on a HQ item. This game is about networking first and foremost, you build the friend base or have fun Mercing content to get stuff done.
[+]