Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 30 31 32
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 06:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I will take that as a concession, as I said, you have nothing. Nothing will reach the WH, nothing will remove the President.
You obviously know nothing about politics.

Which goes well for your obvious lack of knowledge anyway.

Edit: Nine Pages!!!!!

I claim this page in the name of global warming. Also, Benghazi.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-11-04 08:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on! A vote for me and the dems is a vote for ffxi. After all no reds play ffxi in power.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 08:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Come on! A vote for me and the dems is a vote for ffxi. After all no reds play ffxi in power.
Can I vote twice or more?
By fonewear 2014-11-04 08:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only vote twice if you are an illegal immigrant.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 08:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Or a liberal in Chicago.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-04 09:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Or a liberal in Chicago.
Based on what?
By volkom 2014-11-04 09:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Or a liberal in Chicago.
Based on what?

Quote:
The old Chicago adage "vote often" takes on new meaning Tuesday — instead of voting once for U.S. Senate, voters will weigh in twice.
was in 2010~
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 09:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Or a liberal in Chicago.
Based on what?

Quote:
The old Chicago adage "vote often" takes on new meaning Tuesday — instead of voting once for U.S. Senate, voters will weigh in twice.
was in 2010~

Source?
By volkom 2014-11-04 09:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Or a liberal in Chicago.
Based on what?

Quote:
was in 2010~

Source?
here
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 09:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's not multiple votes in a single election, it's a recall election for the couple months Obama's seat would be left empty before the normally scheduled election. Total waste of tax dollars and time, though.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-11-04 09:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

One last bet before the polls close.

Universal background checks will pass in WA.

But seeing as WA is mostly absentee voting, the odds that any of our results will be announced when the pols close is small.

Of course the media will make their own announcements long before the state makes it official.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-04 10:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a liberal in Chicago.
Based on what?

Quote:
was in 2010~

Source?
here
so based on nothing then...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-04 10:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://yourfuckingpollingplace.com/

If you really don't know where your poll spot is.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 10:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a liberal in Chicago.
Based on what?

Quote:
was in 2010~

Source?
here
so based on nothing then...
Well, this isn't Chicago....

But voter fraud doesn't exist in your mind, does it?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-04 10:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you have nothing to back up your statement so you try to shift it to something else that has basically nothing to do with your previous statement and attmept to shift focus on to that which is actually accusing me of something I've never said.

No one said voter fraud does not exist. People have just said, backed up by evidence, that it exists at a level so low that it doesn't have an effect on the elections.

Don't get me wrong though... I'm neither condoning voter fraud nor am I saying nothing should be done about it. They should be looking for it and if found something should be done about it as it has the ability to profoundly affect our nation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 10:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you fail to realize the point in it all.

People who say that voter fraud doesn't exist because the number of convictions is so low it is negligible, but when you have a Justice Department who refuses to uphold the very law they are sworn to defend, it makes you wonder how much voter fraud really is out there, just not going to court for it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-04 11:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it doesn't. Keep talking about voter fraud like it means something though. The boogeyman exists so long as you believe in it I suppose.

Voter turnout, gerrymandering, the amount of money pouring into these campaigns, seats being bought and general government corruption because of apathy is more important to me than an imagined issue.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 11:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Actually it doesn't. Keep talking about voter fraud like it means something though. The boogeyman exists so long as you believe in it I suppose.

Voter turnout, gerrymandering, the amount of money pouring into these campaigns, seats being bought and general government corruption because of apathy is more important to me than an imagined issue.
Maybe it's because I don't believe the supposed reporting of said voter fraud.

It could also be because there are many sources and cases of voter fraud being ignored by the media, and that our own Justice Department refusing to go after said cases (as long as it benefited a certain president).

I'm sorry if I don't buy into the *** that nobody can answer the most obvious questions about it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 11:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, MSN and AP are already placing blame on the Economy on a Republican Congress
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-04 11:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you fail to realize the point in it all.

People who say that voter fraud doesn't exist because the number of convictions is so low it is negligible, but when you have a Justice Department who refuses to uphold the very law they are sworn to defend, it makes you wonder how much voter fraud really is out there, just not going to court for it.
/sigh

You can't say something doesn't exist and then say that it does. It's admitted that it exists. You could say something like those that say voter fraud exists in levels that are negligible are in denial about the actual level of voter fraud or that they are in denial about the affect even a negligible amount has on the process...

What did you want to happen to this woman? While she only served 8 months of a 5 year sentance she was caught, prosecuted and convicted. She can longer vote as well. The DoJ definitely has the authority to take this up again and sentance her again for an even longer period and maybe she should do that but it's not like this woman hasn't already been caught and convicted so it's not like she got off scott free to be able to vote again in the upcoming elections. They do have a duty but they do not always go after criminals after they have already been convicted in their states and don't have to. I think the punishment should have been firmer as well but they didn't necassarily shirk their duty.

You'd do better to focus your attention on the fact that she is being celebrated for some reason by sharpton and others... That I don't get at all as if that's the case then it's bonkers to me. I'd have to look more into the reason they had her there though.

One could make a better case for your bias against liberals and the scare tactics you use like telling people that chicago has a problem with double voting fraudsters then not even being able to back up that claim and instead following it with a story about someone that has been convicted of voter fraud and how you're upset that she wasn't then convicted again by the DoJ.

It's one of the things I dislike most about politicians in their quest to get elected in how they take advantage of the voting base and pretty much straight out lie to them or skew the truth so hard that it gets them to believe in things that have no basis in fact.

I don't think I've heard much of anything on wht the two candidates for governor here would actually do in the office. All they have done is spent tens of millions of dollars flinging as much ***as possible at eachother... It's disgusting... No one looks for the best actual candidate anymore anyways...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-04 11:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Maybe it's because I don't believe the supposed reporting of said voter fraud.

It could also be because there are many sources and cases of voter fraud being ignored by the media, and that our own Justice Department refusing to go after said cases (as long as it benefited a certain president).

I'm sorry if I don't buy into the *** that nobody can answer the most obvious questions about it.
Don't beleive it then... Bring some solid eveidence to the table that it actually does have an effect and you might be able to convince some people.

What are the most obvious questions about it?
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2014-11-04 11:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

$5 bucks says that Idaho re-elects Otter for governor. Its a shame that the other choices for governor were such ***during the primaries.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-04 11:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

senate majority pac spent money like a retard that hit the lottery...

jeebus save some for the next race spendy mcblowsawad
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 12:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that voter fraud doesn't happen, it's that it happens in such low relative amounts or in places where win margins are excessive. 10, or 100, or even 1,000 fraudulent votes are meaningless in a district that is gerrymandered to 30 or 40 point margins, especially when they constitute less than .1% of votes cast. The numbers being thrown around are also very deceptive. They count people voting in the wrong districts (often because of moving to a different town or obscure residency requirements) as well as contrary legalities within districts. The number of votes intentionally cast unlawfully is minuscule. It's a red herring. It's a way to inconvenience minority and young voters because they tend to vote Democrat. Several Republican officials have been quoted saying exactly that. The same goes for these random and incoherent early/absentee voting regulations that have cropped up all over the country in recent years, since most of those ballots were cast by college students who also tend to vote Democrat.

Campaign laws are vastly more influential and need attention before we worry about an unsubstantial and unquantifiable amount of "voter fraud".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 12:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the following?

1) Why was it allowed to happen in the first place?
2) What is being done to prevent it from happening again?
3) How was it done?
4) Where are the internal controls to have caught and/or prevent it from happening?
5) Was it aimed at one party?
6) Did you still count the votes?
7) (Most important) Are you even going to press charges against the fraudsters?

See, none of these reports even answers any one of the obvious questions, all they give out are "Trust us, we got this"

As for the reports themselves, I have in the past presented such reports, and nobody even acknowledged them as valid. Heck, you referenced and attacked the above report already.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 13:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you even read that article? They quoted an analyst as saying that uncertainty over debt ceiling increases and government shutdowns hurt the economy. They went on to quote former president Clinton as saying that he didn't think a Republican controlled house and senate would actually follow through with further shutdowns or debt ceiling holdups. It's definitely written with a liberal viewpoint, but it isn't blaming future economic problems on a potential Republican controlled congress.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-04 13:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it isn't blaming future economic problems on a potential Republican controlled congress.
Yes it is.

It gives two scenarios:

1) If Dems hold the Senate, then the supposed "budget cease fire" will continue and everything is good!

2) If Republicans take the Senate, then everything will go to hell because the Senate and House will shutdown the government to get Obama to agree to the budget (like they need his permission to do so anyway).

They did go further into saying that it didn't happen during the Clinton administration, but they are overemphasizing that Congress will do these doomsday events when Republicans are elected, without even once realizing that they don't even have to have Obama's approval of the budget. They are relying on low-information voters (democrats) to come to the polls to prevent those "evil Republicans" from getting into Congress.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-04 13:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

it isn't blaming future economic problems on a potential Republican controlled congress.
Yes it is.

It gives two scenarios:

1) If Dems hold the Senate, then the supposed "budget cease fire" will continue and everything is good!

2) If Republicans take the Senate, then everything will go to hell because the Senate and House will shutdown the government to get Obama to agree to the budget (like they need his permission to do so anyway).

They did go further into saying that it didn't happen during the Clinton administration, but they are overemphasizing that Congress will do these doomsday events when Republicans are elected, without even once realizing that they don't even have to have Obama's approval of the budget. They are relying on low-information voters (democrats) to come to the polls to prevent those "evil Republicans" from getting into Congress.

Man, you're dense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-04 13:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the following?

1) Why was it allowed to happen in the first place?
2) What is being done to prevent it from happening again?
3) How was it done?
4) Where are the internal controls to have caught and/or prevent it from happening?
5) Was it aimed at one party?
6) Did you still count the votes?
7) (Most important) Are you even going to press charges against the fraudsters?

See, none of these reports even answers any one of the obvious questions, all they give out are "Trust us, we got this"

As for the reports themselves, I have in the past presented such reports, and nobody even acknowledged them as valid. Heck, you referenced and attacked the above report already.
Most of those I know have already been answered others I'll look into a bit later and get back to you.

When did I say the one you presented today was not valid? How did I attack it? All I did was point out that the article itself states she was caught and convicted by the state she voted in. You're the one that is looking to blame the DoJ for not taking this up once again to convict her again on a federal level.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-11-04 13:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah! obomba would have only won by nine and a half million votes in 2008 if he didn't cheated with all those pets and dead people voting.

mccain was like this close /holds fingers one micron apart
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 30 31 32