Forum » FFXI » General » ugh...
ugh...
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 10:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way to get things done is have multiple jobs ready and friends with multiple jobs. I have people with multiple jobs. If we all on we can do almost anything. But if you dd only that kinda suxs. I told someone last night you Sam but everyone else here is Sam too. Someone have to play the support.

Yes it's kinda quiet but I still get responds if I shout supports for tree. Now if I shout tree delve all jobs all I level welcome I would get more responds.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-10 10:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

the issue within that buukki (which i agree with) is that there are far too many terrible players. players that are unable to even fulfill a single role never mind a full one or discretionary roles. people instead of getting better and more efficient, get angry at the notion of "suck less" (for lack of a better blanket statement) and consider it a personal attack.

the very last time i joined a shout party, i was 2boxing whm and mnk for a hksnm and the pld went on to cause the smn to astral flow randomlly in the middle of the fight 4 times in a row. each time it came down to me + my mule killing all the remaining mobs for the party. this is just completely absurd..
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 10:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My recovery CD comes on tuesday. Hold on Amy, I'M COMING HOME!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-10 10:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

...and Buukki speaks the truth, too many average DDs out there want to get invited to events when there are top tier DDs out there. The amount of times you'll see a delve shout where they want a SCH and a BRD.

They never even get particular with those jobs, SCH you can make a stun set without Delve gear if you have none, not the best but it'll do the job, stunning not your thing? I'm sure they are equally not as picky with BRD, especially now we have an easily obtained 3 song harp, get the correct horns and appropriate gear from the reforged options, salvage and the like.

Support jobs will always be the entry point for anyone who doesn't have the strongest DD job, if you're unwilling to adapt then don't expect people to take your average DD job when they can get a better DD easily.

On the subject of populations and nothing to do, Cerberus is pretty bad as well but you can make your own things to do, there's plenty of solo friendly events like all 75 content in particular especially if you need a bit of gil.

What happens all the time is people don't want to start their own events and want to rely on others to make the shouts, if the ones who start the events aren't on then yeah there will be nothing to do but I'm sure there would be enough people to do something with if one of you did the shouting.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 10:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Tuesday? Nice remember to ask feint four yr chelona blazer
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-10 10:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole connections thing doesn't change that if the chatlog is dead the game might as well be.

Primetime NA Lakshmi is dead. A private group doing Delve does not a live game make. Needing a solid static is indicative of a dead game. The tank situation and the lack of buffers has always been an issue but raw numbers are the big issue. If the pool of available people cant break 150 active people then no amount of networkings going to change that.

This leads directly to people quitting and a perpetuation of the cycle.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 10:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 10:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
...and Buukki speaks the truth, too many average DDs out there want to get invited to events when there are top tier DDs out there. The amount of times you'll see a delve shout where they want a SCH and a BRD.

They never even get particular with those jobs, SCH you can make a stun set without Delve gear if you have none, not the best but it'll do the job, stunning not your thing? I'm sure they are equally not as picky with BRD, especially now we have an easily obtained 3 song harp, get the correct horns and appropriate gear from the reforged options, salvage and the like.

Support jobs will always be the entry point for anyone who doesn't have the strongest DD job, if you're unwilling to adapt then don't expect people to take your average DD job when they can get a better DD easily.

On the subject of populations and nothing to do, Cerberus is pretty bad as well but you can make your own things to do, there's plenty of solo friendly events like all 75 content in particular especially if you need a bit of gil.

What happens all the time is people don't want to start their own events and want to rely on others to make the shouts, if the ones who start the events aren't on then yeah there will be nothing to do but I'm sure there would be enough people to do something with if one of you did the shouting.

Agreed. On my tree run I fill in for white Mage Bard cor red Mage if none available and I got two to three other members that can do the same. Therefore we always able to do
Something.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 10:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think having hundreds of subpar players doesn't solve anything anyways, since you aren't going to win with less than good players. If this was 2004, could you just shout and pick up random people to kill Kirin etc?

I'm just giving an example, but the problem is really with players. Sure, idling in Port Jeuno is an issue, but the bigger issues lies with when you finally do get the people to play, can you even clear the content?

I would much rather have 18 really good, flexible players that can play multiple jobs than 150 sams rngs and thfs who don't know the value of a DT or idle set is. More is not always better in this case. Hell, I got JP players on my friend list, not because I can chat with them, but because I know I could rely on them through google translate to help clear content than some of these english speaking players who don't have any experience.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 10:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The whole connections thing doesn't change that if the chatlog is dead the game might as well be.

Primetime NA Lakshmi is dead. A private group doing Delve does not a live game make. Needing a solid static is indicative of a dead game. The tank situation and the lack of buffers has always been an issue but raw numbers are the big issue. If the pool of available people cant break 150 active people then no amount of networkings going to change that.

This leads directly to people quitting and a perpetuation of the cycle.

Spart u left us last night lol
If the people with a mediocre dd job only quits really nothing we can do for them.
So they ask can I come warrior for tree. I say sorry we only taking two sams. He's not happy eventually quits. That's nothinh I can do.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think the real population deficiency isn't in competent NA players to team up with, but players' unwillingness to have multiple options for an event. Far too often I either join an event or start one, and we are needing a cor, geo, pld, sch, brd, whm, or something niche that needs good gear and playskill. After asking several players, they tell me "sorry, i only have MNK and THF". Its really frustrating that only a few players have multiple jobs levelled, and it forces you to be really linear with party setups, because only you and one other is flexible to play different jobs.

I know people don't want to hear it, but the truth is, gear something else besides sam, rng, mnk, and thf. Pick up PLD and WHM. Gear SCH up. Don't believe you have to have Aegis/Ochain to be a serviceable pld, its not even halfway true. WE NEED MORE RUNE FENCERS. To date, I only know of ONE good RUN (NA) on Lakshmi, and its embarassing. More players need to be more flexible. That would greatly address the population issue, I think.
I agree to a certain extent Buukki. I have a versatility of jobs myself. Sadly, for harder events, I've had to come WHM because I know the other WHM(s) cannot keep up. It does get frustrating when you're just looking for that last job for 30 min +. I've been wanting to try out my RUN for a while but my main job takes up more than 80 spaces in inventory. Add that along with the other jobs I play, and I'll don't have alot of space left. But that's a separate issue in itself.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-10 11:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck is just as bad. With players refusing to party with one another to players unable to play anything besides Monk. Really considering on changing servers to a more NA est 4pm-12am type server but I'm afraid those don't exist.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and don't forget the people you try to avoid because of drama. Which also adds to the fact why people don't join certain parties and groups.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-10 11:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ever end up switching, just go to one of the higher population servers, Odin, Bahamut, Phoenix, Asura, Shiva, that sort of thing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 11:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a catch-22 either way. If game stays like this, players will complain and quit, cuz nothing will get done with the average player. If they merge, the players who farm dynamis and limbus will get pissed cuz their cash cow is delimited, and they'll...quit.

Lol, I mean how do you want it? tons of players to choose from, or only a select few good ones to get content wins?
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a catch-22 either way. If game stays like this, players will complain and quit, cuz nothing will get done with the average player. If they merge, the players who farm dynamis and limbus will get pissed cuz their cash cow is delimited, and they'll...quit.

Lol, I mean how do you want it? tons of players to choose from, or only a select few good ones to get content wins?
This was made apparent when the last group I went with couldn't even clear Tojil. WHM didn't even know what sacrifice was. But hey, they were nice people. :p
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-10 11:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why people still do tojil. IS tree that much harder?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-10 11:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »

This was made apparent when the last group I went with couldn't even clear Tojil. WHM didn't even know what sacrifice was. But hey, they were nice people. :p

oh god... went in a with a rdm to do tojii... I wanted to monk for a fun since I always go rdm. Asked the rdm if he knew how to stun and was told "um duh im not stupid". Then got to tojii and rdm chainspelled stunned at the start. Fun times
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
Server: Leviathan
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2014-10-10 11:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just don't be part of the problem and assist in bettering said players.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
For more experienced players, no. The vast majority might find it a little more challenging. I'm always down for more plasm. More bang for my buck. Look me up when you're doing Tree. I'll even come WHM or a support job if you need. LOL.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2014-10-10 11:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sagiaurex said: »

Sadly most players you just can't help. It isn't about finding people who can get better. It's finding people who are willing to learn how to gear/play the jobs they want to play. Most people think you are belittling them when you give advice.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-10 11:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For more experienced players, no. The vast majority might find it a little more challenging. I'm always down for more plasm. More bang for my buck. Look me up when you're doing Tree. I'll even come WHM or a support job if you need. LOL.

You should play Squabble so i can stop playing brd.. Ever since i decided to gear brd that's all i get asked to go anymore.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2014-10-10 11:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Sadly most players you just can't help. It isn't about finding people who can get better. It's finding people who are willing to learn how to gear/play the jobs they want to play. Most people think you are belittling them when you give advice.

Some you can't but a lot of them you can, doesn't help to try when it's possible.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 11:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a catch-22 either way. If game stays like this, players will complain and quit, cuz nothing will get done with the average player. If they merge, the players who farm dynamis and limbus will get pissed cuz their cash cow is delimited, and they'll...quit. Lol, I mean how do you want it? tons of players to choose from, or only a select few good ones to get content wins?

Explain what being "part of the problem is". Because I always try to help people out when I can. But sadly, this game, like many things in life, has to be spoon fed to most players for them to learn.

Its not enough that there are literally terabytes of content about ffxi online at the mercy of a single google search. There are threads upon threads, the main ones being stickied, which clearly outline your role, gear selection, spell/ja choice, as well as what to merit. What else can you do for players that don't want to educate themselves?

You act like there being bad players is the fault of the players who try to be good players. Is it my fault that there are literally only 5 or so NA BLU on Lakshmi worth a damn? I swear, people don't take accountability for anything. But you're part of the problem if you don't stop what you're doing to help others, who can just as easily help themselves.

Man, get off your high horse and quit pointing fingers. We are all addressing a server issue. You are just as much a part of the problem as the rest of us.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Nightsage said: »

You should play Squabble so i can stop playing brd.. Ever since i decided to gear brd that's all i get asked to go anymore.
Trust me man, I dual box DRK and BRD better than most real BRDs in the party. Sad. So sad. Lol.
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2014-10-10 11:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a catch-22 either way. If game stays like this, players will complain and quit, cuz nothing will get done with the average player. If they merge, the players who farm dynamis and limbus will get pissed cuz their cash cow is delimited, and they'll...quit. Lol, I mean how do you want it? tons of players to choose from, or only a select few good ones to get content wins?

Explain what being "part of the problem is". Because I always try to help people out when I can. But sadly, this game, like many things in life, has to be spoon fed to most players for them to learn.

Its not enough that there are literally terabytes of content about ffxi online at the mercy of a single google search. There are threads upon threads, the main ones being stickied, which clearly outline your role, gear selection, spell/ja choice, as well as what to merit. What else can you do for players that don't want to educate themselves?

You act like there being bad players is the fault of the players who try to be good players. Is it my fault that there are literally only 5 or so NA BLU on Lakshmi worth a damn? I swear, people don't take accountability for anything. But you're part of the problem if you don't stop what you're doing to help others, who can just as easily help themselves.

Man, get off your high horse and quit pointing fingers. We are all addressing a server issue. You are just as much a part of the problem as the rest of us.

Can be the best player in the world and not have the best of gear, hence they won't get much of anywhere, especially if they don't know anyone. You can read how to do X and Y as much as you please, doesn't mean your target items are going to fall into your lap after doing so.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind helping people myself. But for the more experienced players, it does get frustrating at times. Some people are that lazy and will shout something like "how do you acquire 109 gear?". Buukki is right about the power of google. It's there for a reason. Some are really just that lazy. But then again, there are people who are really that computer illiterate. It's a tug-a-war.
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2014-10-10 11:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind helping people myself. But for the more experienced players, it does get frustrating at times. Some people are that lazy and will shout something like "how do you acquire 109 gear?". Buukki is right about the power of google. It's there for a reason. Some are really just that lazy. But then again, there are people who are really that computer illiterate. It's a tug-a-war.

Not gonna disagree with you there, but then again a lot of geared players still do that sort of thing, lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I can agree, but Square enix literally outlined a Gear-Progression chart for how players can advance along.

They had a chart that showed what players needed to do, content-wise, to progress along.

it was something like reives for bayld > bayld gear > bayld for wkr > wkr gear > skirmish > skirmish gear > skcnm > 109 gear > aa's > 119 gear etc.

Now, they released eminent gear, which allows some jobs to be content-ready in roughly a few hours of fighting fodder. It is nowhere near as difficult as people make it out to be.

I just partied with a BLU in skc fight that literally did not have one spell beyond lvl80, but insisted on coming BLU. Its really more about some people not wanting it enough, than it is about other not helping them.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 11:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna disagree with you there, but then again a lot of geared players still do that sort of thing, lol.
So true. Haha.