FFXIAH.com Super Smash Bros. 3DS Tournament
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a very polarizing stage. Hazards are a problem and the sides doubly so because it's so easy to convert into walkoff kills there. I can think of several characters that would absolutely thrive on that stage and others that would be at a noticeable disadvantage.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-06 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Tomodachi Life and Arena Ferox would be my next suggestions. Beyond that... Brinstar, Corneria, Reset Bomb Forest, Tortimer Island, and Prism Tower.
Prism Tower for sure, maybe Arena Ferox, the rest kind of suck. Tortimer Island isn't bad, but it zooms the screen way out whenever the boat makes port which is quite annoying.

I'd personally do Battlefield, Final Destination, Prism Tower, Yoshi's Island, and Arena Ferox. Along with any Ω stage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 13:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem with Ferox is its size, it's a fantastic doubles/FFA stage. Discrepancies in mobility could easily turn into this if one was so inclined. Prism Tower's pretty decent, the walkoff is only there for like 15 seconds per cycle and the only other risk is getting trapped on a rising platform at bad time (rare).

They all have issues to some degree (vertical advantage on Tomodachi, acid on Brinstar, Arwings on Corneria, the transformation on RBF, items on Tortimer), they're just the least bad options that I saw to expand the stagelist beyond the obvious viable stages. If Sakurai had just included an option to turn off stage hazards then most of the non-walkoff stages would be viable (especially since wall infinites seem to be gone), but noooooooo that'd be ripping off a game that ripped off Smash Bros. Instead we get omega mode. Dumb.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-06 13:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Prism Tower is pretty close to Lylat Cruise and Ferox is close to Pokemon Stadium other than the bigger size. The only good stages really are FD, Battlefield, YI, and Ω ones. Kind of lame.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I take back what I said about allowing Corneria.
By tarupowa 2014-10-06 14:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Count me in for both! so, i have a stupid question, just cause im me. ive been beating all my friends with mii characters, are they available in online matches with friend only(i assume we have to add FC and go there to fight eachother)? i really like playing as the mii's so hoping that will be available lol if not i gotta go find an actual character to main.

oh and my FC is: 5413-0472-2547
i probably have some of you added already from the pokemon tournaments lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 14:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I take back what I said about allowing Corneria.
Wait, I don't get it.

If you absorb the lasers on the Corneria stage, it automatically explodes next to your opponent?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-06 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They're friend only. I don't think neither Mii nor equipment should be allowed personally.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 14:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
They're friend only. I don't think neither Mii nor equipment should be allowed personally.
Mii, I don't know, if enough people don't want Mii characters allowed, then sure, we will ban them.

Equipment, not allowed.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-06 14:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There wasn't any info either way on the OP.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 14:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The "No Equipment Rule" is in the rules now.
By tarupowa 2014-10-06 14:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Mii, I don't know, if enough people don't want Mii characters allowed, then sure, we will ban them. Equipment, not allowed.
i meant does the game let you use them, cause i know on for glory it doesnt?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-06 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you absorb the lasers on the Corneria stage, it automatically explodes next to your opponent?
That seems to be the gist of it. Ness and Rosalina's absorbs cause the lasers to reappear at the same height and slightly to the right of your opponent (instantly exploding if there's an object at the position where they reappear). G&W's bucket 1HKOs if you absorb a laser from the Great Fox.
By tarupowa 2014-10-06 14:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems to be the gist of it. Ness and Rosalina's absorbs cause the lasers to reappear at the same height and slightly to the right of your opponent (instantly exploding if there's an object at the position where they reappear). G&W's bucket 1HKOs if you absorb a laser from Great Fox.
yeah that looks like it could be troubling lol
By tarupowa 2014-10-06 15:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

free bump, i got my brother to help me check, mii's are allowed in friends. my vote is obviously to use them lol cause u said noone was banned :P i just like their movesets
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 16:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, only 1 person want's Miis to be banned.

If you want Miis to be banned, please [+] this post. If I get 2 [+] before 10/12/14, then they will be banned.

Edit: Not including Austar, since he was the one who suggested it.

Ok, I seen 3 people who want Miis, so now there's got to be 3 [+] to counter it.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-06 16:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Could ban them but thats also why i mentioned a Mii only tourny also in my post earlyer in the thread,

Also its pretty much the only char ive used since friday lol
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-06 16:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What is it about Miis that people are against in a tournament setting? Does it have something broken about it, or is it just the moveset customization irking people?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 16:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
Could ban them but thats also why i mentioned a Mii only tourny also in my post earlyer in the thread,

Also its pretty much the only char ive used since friday lol
Yeah, I would have included a 3rd tourny, but I wouldn't have time to organize and keep track of 3 tournies.

That's why I initially left Miis on the table and wanted to see if people didn't want them.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
What is it about Miis that people are against in a tournament setting? Does it have something broken about it, or is it just the moveset customization irking people?
Got me, my Mii does pretty well, but I don't see it as being OP.
By tarupowa 2014-10-06 16:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Could ban them but thats also why i mentioned a Mii only tourny also in my post earlyer in the thread, Also its pretty much the only char ive used since friday lol
Yeah, I would have included a 3rd tourny, but I wouldn't have time to organize and keep track of 3 tournies. That's why I initially left Miis on the table and wanted to see if people didn't want them.
Got me, my Mii does pretty well, but I don't see it as being OP.
i just like the mii cause you can choose the moves, and you can be a powerhouse or a projectile. its kinda my playstyle to swap around a lot so i like the customizability lol
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-06 16:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus if people have problems with the equips they CAN be removed, tho tbh with out them they seem sub-par, they kinda help them keep up with other chars.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 16:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Equips are not allowed anyway.

Got to fight naked!

:o

By tarupowa 2014-10-06 16:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus if people have problems with the equips they CAN be removed, tho tbh with out them they seem sub-par, they kinda help them keep up with other chars.
and other chars get equips too :P but equipment is a no-go in tourny so were all good lol. i just think its unfair to take out one of the weaker characters(as the polulace considers) instead of one of those "OP" characters lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-06 17:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

With the amount of customization they get, it could be an advantage when they know every move you have and you're not seeing what they are capable of until they decide to use it
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-06 17:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
With the amount of customization they get, it could be an advantage when they know every move you have and you're not seeing what they are capable of until they decide to use it
This. Which also brings up the question: are custom move sets going to be allowed on the normal roster?

Also since it seems like everyone loves the Miis I think things would get boring quickly, even with differing move sets seeing Miis over and over again is just... Blah.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-06 18:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'm out then since this could of been something fun but has turned into a conceded *** fest of allowing OP chars but not ones people have fun with
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-06 18:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep Miis, no point in losing people.

Also, what *** fest? There were logical points made and no one exclusively bitched about the Miis. Not to be rude but your post seems bitchier than anything else I've seen this page. :/
[+]
By tarupowa 2014-10-06 18:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'm out then since this could of been something fun but has turned into a conceded *** fest of allowing OP chars but not ones people have fun with
thats basicly how i see it, to be fair, they are pretty mediocre compared to say, little mac or bowser, the ones you see the most online.
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Keep Miis, no point in losing people. Also, what *** fest? There were logical points made and no one exclusively bitched about the Miis. Not to be rude but your post seems bitchier than anything else I've seen this page. :/
This! athousand times this!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-06 18:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Added my FC btw.

Also, what happened?

Edit: Well, seeing that more people want Mii fighters than not, why not make a 3rd tourny. A Mii only tourny.

I'll try to work that in somehow. If you don't want to be in Mii only tourny, just say so.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-06 18:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be fine with a mii fighter if I could have a practice round or two against said Mii before going into the scored rounds; but going into a fight completely blind is just unfair.

Not something I'd drop out of the tourney for, but still not something I'd vote for, either
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7