Stop shouting and not adding BLU campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-30 10:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the fact that they benefit from the blues buffs and debuffs.

Much like how Koga sams benefit more from a Conq war's warcry than the war itself.

Or how Rangers benefit from another ranger/thief with oxidant/acids.

It is what is.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 10:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Ah the old 'this light dd job makes this other job do more damage' argument.
I do this capping feather+boxstep with dancer on targets but random people don't look at things that way. BLU flutterga buff + roar/etc are really nice but noone wants to build parties that way.

Its the difference between people who are skilled at their job and people who are like the op and just whine that they dont get invited.

when you are confident on your job and your ability to play it and others are also confident in you too then leaders can build parties this way.

I have even made use of some drg's in some fights since I knew them and how they played.
I have even made use of drg's in some fights since I knew them and how they played.
when I see someone complaining they dont get to play their favorite job, I see someone playing just for the fun and not the function. that says no they need to be bandwagon or fool proof job only as they wont be able to keep up in high level fights on their 'favorite job that it hurts not to play'
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-30 10:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Man all you guys are lucky having access to stunners, I haven't even done Incursion with a stunner yet.

Maybe it's because I play BRD for the event, but if we didn't stun, I don't think I'd have the mental fortitude to do the event at all with the dispels/binds/slows/weapon strips.

I feel like doing Incursion without a stunner is like mowing your lawn with a pair of scissors. Sure, it'll get the job done, but it'll be slow, painful and extremely stressful.
This so much. I used to go whm. With 4x DD, dual box brd and me. Even with yagrush it made me want to /wrist after just one run.
Well I mean our setup isn't anything like that. 2 DD + Thf, using Vex/Attune so that debuffs basically never happen. There's a proper amount of support between Brd, Geox2, and Whm to deal with it. Yeah stunning is obviously better but my LS doesn't really have one that plays and shouting for a stunner is just not worth the time and fail to me. I think if we went any higher clvl wise we'd absolutely need a dedicated stunner/sleeper though.
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 10:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

any player could be a stunner they just dont want to.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-09-30 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
According speadsheet, using Ejiin's low acc TP/WS set with riverfin soup(if I change to attack food I got lower number even with higher acc gear set) on tojil lv of target:

Is this spreadsheet taking into account the same BLU applying Frightful Roar to every single monster in the instance or Sudden Lunging, using Winds of Promy., and other support abilities like Erratic Flutter or Nature's Meditation? Because that seems to be the biggest argument for having BLU in the alliance, not for pure DPS but for the hybrid power it brings.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 11:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
According speadsheet, using Ejiin's low acc TP/WS set with riverfin soup(if I change to attack food I got lower number even with higher acc gear set) on tojil lv of target:

Is this spreadsheet taking into account the same BLU applying Frightful Roar to every single monster in the instance or Sudden Lunging, using Winds of Promy., and other support abilities like Erratic Flutter or Nature's Meditation? Because that seems to be the biggest argument for having BLU in the alliance, not for pure DPS but for the hybrid power it brings.

Well, I said "support/utility wise", that means promy/lunge doesn't count, just pure party output comparison.

It seems that some ppl are already dead set with the hybrid power/utility issue, so there's no need to continue argue about that point anymore. You're either happy with support so you don't bring one, or not happy with support and bring one.

Roar lasts 180 sec if I remember correctly, so you don't need to keep casting it for every single mob, 1 cast can def down every fodder.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-09-30 11:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you realize how small the radius is. There are plenty of times when the monsters are going to separate and rush different people.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 11:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
I don't think you realize how small the radius is. There are plenty of times when the monsters are going to separate and rush different people.

It's often large enough to land pretty much every add after MB summoned it though.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 11:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People will just tell you to bring a ryu drg as 3rd pt slot.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 11:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
People will just tell you to bring a ryu drg as 3rd pt slot.

Can't angon every fodder/adds :(
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 11:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You're killing add in one fudo and you're prolly capped on add in delve 1
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 11:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're killing add in one fudo and you're prolly capped on add in delve 1

Probably can't angon every delve1 NM either!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 12:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you're only using those buff/debuff to have dps as low as 900ish because of attack drop the sams and use 3 ryu drg!
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-30 12:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you're only using those buff/debuff to have dps as low as 900ish because of attack drop the sams and use 3 ryu drg!

Too lazy to add GEO/COR buff on spreadsheet :< I'm well aware that you can probably cap it in certain content with a GEO.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-30 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Ah the old 'this light dd job makes this other job do more damage' argument.
I do this capping feather+boxstep with dancer on targets but random people don't look at things that way. BLU flutterga buff + roar/etc are really nice but noone wants to build parties that way.

Its the difference between people who are skilled at their job and people who are like the op and just whine that they dont get invited.

when you are confident on your job and your ability to play it and others are also confident in you too then leaders can build parties this way.

I have even made use of some drg's in some fights since I knew them and how they played.
I have even made use of drg's in some fights since I knew them and how they played.
when I see someone complaining they dont get to play their favorite job, I see someone playing just for the fun and not the function. that says no they need to be bandwagon or fool proof job only as they wont be able to keep up in high level fights on their 'favorite job that it hurts not to play'

Never once did I whine about not getting invited, I go blu to a lot of events and ghorn brd to even more. The thread title said it all as well as somewhere in this monster that I created I said "not talking about me but anyone who puts time into their blu". Before you think I am that vain or desperate let me tell you what I should have said. "After 10+ years, as a member of many top link shells of their time, after whm brd rdm smn so many times I watch others get and build one job to perfection, I am bored and tired of the cookie cutter method and challenge ppl to bring fun back to game and not this cycle of ***". How's that for anyone who has me confused...

Ps The skilled at my job part just further let's me know you're just talking, you keep doing that... Hope you feel better
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 12:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have made Carn instead of Tizona, much more usefull :(
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 12:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
Never once did I whine about not getting invited, I go blu to a lot of events and ghorn brd to even more. The thread title said it all as well as somewhere in this monster that I created I said "not talking about me but anyone who puts time into their blu". Before you think I am that vain or desperate let me tell you what I should have said. "After 10+ years, as a member of many top link shells of their time, after whm brd rdm smn so many times I watch others get and build one job to perfection, I am bored and tired of the cookie cutter method and challenge ppl to bring fun back to game and not this cycle of ***". How's that for anyone who has me confused...

Ps The skilled at my job part just further let's me know you're just talking, you keep doing that... Hope you feel better

Not vain but bragging anyways?

So you make a thread about people shouting for sam whm brd and to add blu to the shout. why? who care? why would you care if you are getting to play the guy that hurts you to not play? quit hiding, when you send a tell to a shout you want to join and say "I can come as blu", they turn you down and say how about you come on brd instead.

You forget that shouts == people who probably have no clue or not enough friends to do it on their own. This type of leader often sticks with what he watches on youtube as working.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-30 12:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have jobs ppl consider "useful" I'm finished that method of play.. I mean this is a game where a drg can't get a invite to ouryu... Let that sink in..
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 12:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have jobs ppl consider "useful" I'm finished that method of play.. I mean this is a game where a drg can't get a invite to ouryu... Let that sink in..

I can go drg on my alt to any event I want.(except yorcia delve)
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-30 12:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

Not vain but bragging anyways?

So you make a thread about people shouting for sam whm brd and to add blu to the shout. why? who care? why would you care if you are getting to play the guy that hurts you to not play? quit hiding, when you send a tell to a shout you want to join and say "I can come as blu", they turn you down and say how about you come on brd instead.

You forget that shouts == people who probably have no clue or not enough friends to do it on their own. This type of leader often sticks with what he watches on youtube as working.

No you're still talking out your neck. On my server I'm pretty well known blu I don't have problems if I send a tell. The point is that it should be in the shout. The original comment is from both aspects of me in the party both on blu and brd
 Siren.Sieha
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-30 12:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

why would you subject the rest of us having to deal with blu in our runs. maybe you should add pup to your shout since they need a chance too. surely some strategy could use a pup that you havent explored.

people do what they like when it comes to making a shout, you cant change their thoughts when a group of sam sam sam whm brd blm-sch works just fine.

just like how there are still shouts for AA fights, rng x3 pld brd whm.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-30 13:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so there is this. I have a 6mp/tick capped potency free cure whm, I have a stun sch (pretty good, few items missing), capped skill smn with Alex and Odin, capped skill geo and a rdm capped if I felt like gearing it wouldn't be much. So I have done more for more parties and alliances than you ever have or will. You are talking as someone who probably doesn't have half those jobs lved or geared.. Only reason I didn't retire brd along with the rest is because I paid for that damn horn..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so there is this. I have a 6mp/tick capped potency free cure whm, I have a stun sch (pretty good, few items missing), capped skill smn with Alex and Odin, capped skill geo and a rdm capped if I felt like gearing it wouldn't be much. So I have done more for more parties and alliances than you ever have or will. You are talking as someone who probably doesn't have half those jobs lved or geared.. Only reason I didn't retire brd along with the rest is because I paid for that damn horn..
So?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 14:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So?

He has 6mp/tick capped potency and FREE cure, clearly he did more than any of us ever.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-30 14:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread is beautiful
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So?

He has 6mp/tick capped potency and FREE cure, clearly he did more than any of us ever.
I'm wondering what he is missing for the 7th mp/tick refresh.

And I'm also wondering if that's C1/C2/C3/C4 or just C1/C2?

Also, why doesn't he have a cure spellcasting time -80% set either?
 Ragnarok.Headache
By Ragnarok.Headache 2014-09-30 14:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Enlighten me on the unconditional 7mp/tick whm pls. I'd ask someone else but you're like the only person i look up to on the forums.
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-30 15:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
blu is too squishy and not enough hp.

also, i'd rather bring a geo :s
1600 defense & DT-50% isn't squishy. He can tank quite a lot of stuff on blu if he has to.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 15:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Headache said: »
Enlighten me on the unconditional 7mp/tick whm pls. I'd ask someone else but you're like the only person i look up to on the forums.
owleyes gives +1
nefer khat +1,nefer khat, andHeka's kalasiris gives +3 and also helps with cure potency/spellcasting
wivre hairpin with augumented Refresh if you don't have the +3 combo above
Gendewitha bliaut +2 also if don't have the above combo.
serpentes cuffs and serpentes sabots gives +1 refresh/regen full time.
Nares trews
moonshade earring

That's +7
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7