2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mythic decision
Mythic decision
First Page 2
By likard 2014-09-11 08:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,
So, I am trying to decide which mythic to make. Obviously due to requirements I'd rather only make one for the jobs I love. For me, that's blue and smn. Looking at the i119 final versions, they both seem pretty amazing for their respective classes. What i was wondering about was actual numbers for how much difference they make.
How much damage does a nirvana bp do? I have seriphicaller and reforged gear and do 8-10k damage average. Is it a huge jump or marginal?
For tizona, how often does it proc mp and how much do you get? Is it only sword damage or spell damage too? Does it interfere with aftermath or sambas?
Thanks for the input.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-11 08:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS leader has Nirvana and loves it. I can't comment on how much damage it does average, but he says it is substantially higher.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-11 08:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Which job do you play more when given the option?

Which job do you play more for your linkshell activities?

If the answer to both of these questions is the same, there you go.

If it's different, go with answer #1.

That's my basic thought process.

Samurai has always been my main job, but after a decade of playing it, I felt I didn't really need the damage boost for the things I do, godly as Kogarasumaru is.

So here I am grinding away for Death Penalty. ^^

I have heard that Tizona essentially makes for unlimited MP on BLU, so that sounds pretty great to me. My guess is that it will interfere with sambas.
By Zoltar 2014-09-11 08:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Check out Papesse's videos on YouTube. I believe he/she is on Carbuncle. He does BPs over 20k with 119 Nirvana. Nirvana is reported to give +40% BP with an unknown cap on +BP damage

If its not capped, you're talking over 70%BP damage with gear combined. I intend to find out when I make one
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-11 08:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Both are very nice weapons and its not just the bp+40% that gives avatars a boost the avatar: lv+2 does as well. I too love both jobs but out of the two id make a banana sword first.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-11 09:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in most cases when it comes to a mythic you generally know what weapon you want even if you think you're unsure. In the end you can always horde alex and keep it on a mule if you're already able to start turning it in.

I for example, would make a Burtgang!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-09-11 09:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I think in most cases when it comes to a mythic you generally know what weapon you want even if you think you're unsure. In the end you can always horde alex and keep it on a mule if you're already able to start turning it in.

Problem is that you need to choose the mythic before redoing the assaults, so, legitelly, you need to decide your weapon at least 50 days before you actually get it.
By Zoltar 2014-09-11 09:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SE needs to have an "Unlimited Assault" campaign like the login campaign and run it for a couple weeks.

Sure, it'd be crowded as hell, but it would be worth it
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-11 09:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Problem is that you need to choose the mythic before redoing the assaults, so, legitelly, you need to decide your weapon at least 50 days before you actually get it.
Ah didn't realise that, can tell I've never built a mythic!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-11 09:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Ah didn't realise that, can tell I've never built a mythic!

Yea, you can get all your alex, ichor, and Nyzul tokens before starting your quest line. However, you can only start your reclears after you trade in your base weapon.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-09-11 10:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

heres how I look at it.

Blu sword is amazing, but there are alot of very minor downgrades from the sword.

with Nirvana? 40% BP damage, +2 pet Level? nothing comes close to even touching that thing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-09-11 10:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bananas are the solution to almost all of life's problems!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-11 10:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Good source of potasium!

Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-11 10:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
also, there is nothing to do in ffxi now except build more mythics >_>
But I'm only a 2nd Lieutenant! With 20 more assaults to do :( :( :(

Including Lebros Supplies :(
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-11 10:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I made my first mythic because I wanted a DD mythic. I had no idea that S-E would update XI to make samurai a competitive DD again ;)

Anyway, I'd think strongly about doing a Tizona. My reasoning is this- which weapon would you get to use the most? Kogarasumaru is great but I use my gkt once every week or two, because it's nice to give everyone a turn playing their DD job. I debated doing a mythic for one of my solo jobs first but I wanted the biggest improvement possible. So why Tizona? Because BLU is a true jack-of-all-trades job. You can use it as a DD in group content. It is one of the best Salvage farming jobs. It's pretty good for Dynamis and reives.

I love SMN myself but you'll get a lot of mileage out of Tizona.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-11 10:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If i was in the OPs position between blu and smn, i'd make the blu one and probably plan to make the smn as my 2nd one.

Some of my reasoning on this:
  • -If you want maximize your farming for a 2nd mythic being on a job that just made a mythic, BLU is better than SMN for dyna/salvage, and if you like voidwatch farming(which can be pretty darn nice on somedays), everyone loves a blu along.

• -BLU is amazing for the token grind in old nyzul, especially killall floors with the new spells like subduction. I really enjoyed having a friend come blu on my token farming group.

• -If you really needed to solo Ichor the 2nd time around, you'd use a mythic blu to solo clear the wave trash for ichor, not a smn.

The point i'm trying to also make here is that after you make one, you'll probably get the itch to make another.
I don't really think the SMN one would be as much fun unless you are going to constantly push the Envelope and try to solo ADL/Odin2 like the famous papesse.
For day to day solo/small group/farming stuff a tizona blu seems far more versatile and fun, and its also a job that will get a healthy taste of AM3 mechanics because its more melee centric.

Having made mythics in semi-statics with friends/ls people that continue to work on their own or start another, the opportunity to make another becomes more tempting so don't write off the option to make a 2nd mythic.

As long as you have it down to a choice of 1-3 weapons, I follow the thought process Ramyrez listed somewhat and weight it against my own personal love for the job, then just go for it and pick something.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-09-11 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Without Nirvana, you can still very well hit 5 digit damage. Is it game breaking for SMN? Depends. Is it nice to have? YES. Keep in mind, it does give you 2 extra levels for SMN and the BP boost. Plus with AM up, your avatar also gets the aftermath. That's just broken. It's the end all for SMN staff. I've really considered making one myself because I wanna get back into play SMN.

I can't speak for the banana sword.
By Zoltar 2014-09-11 10:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol same. Get out of my head! :-)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-11 10:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana!

Wait.
*goes to read OP*
Nirvana!

Trizona is really good and all... You basically have infinite MP and that lets you be lazy with the MP management and can even open up new gameplay "stratagems" (more like lazigems cause the whole reason you're doing it different is that you don't care about the 300mp you just dropped on that spell)...
But Nirvana is crack.

A good SMN has like 9 staves they're carrying around...
A lazy SMN has like 4...
Nirvana does everything all those staves do... And never has to be changed out of.
It caps perp.
It boots Avatar atk and acc.
It boosts damage 2x. (BPs have a level term AND its straight 40% boost.)
It only doesn't cap BPtimer... But that's 1 shy from cap with just Convoker's Horn +1 and Glyphic Bracers +1...
Nirvana reduces inventory space down to two staves. (Nirvana and w/e you're using for Alexander.)
And while Trizona is really good.... There's a myriad of other really good 119 swords for BLU too.

Trizona just isn't as OP as Nirvana.
Nirvana is a gamechanger.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-09-11 10:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

And if you act now, we'll throw in Atomos in the next update for FREE!
[+]
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-09-11 10:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i have the same problem. I have like 15 jobs geared and was wondering what to get. Im leaning towards Koga atm. Seems like the best one to get idk.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-09-11 10:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »
Yeah i have the same problem. I have like 15 jobs geared and was wondering what to get. Im leaning towards Koga atm. Seems like the best one to get idk.
I've seen what Koga can do and its broken with Fudo. It just seems like it's the new bandwagon mythic.
 Asura.Truckie
Server: Asura
user: Washburn
By Asura.Truckie 2014-09-11 11:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
SE needs to have an "Unlimited Assault" campaign like the login campaign and run it for a couple weeks.

lol...That's what the update this morning was about.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-11 11:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

By turning into a soulflayer.
[+]
By volkom 2014-09-11 11:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-09-11 11:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

shout for people in town, you'd be shocked how fast you can find 3-5 people for that assault
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-09-11 11:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Truckie said: »

What? Did I miss something?
 Asura.Meekriot
Server: Asura
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-09-11 11:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Truckie said: »

What? Did I miss something?

I don't recall anything like this going on.
First Page 2