Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-11 12:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Because BLU RDM is a true jack-of-all-trades job.
ftfy.

especially with the new occult+30 sword that rdm can use..

Eh? Not so much. RDM is a solid job after improvements (Flurry2/Haste2) but BLU can go toe-to-toe with monk in damage in party setting if well-geared. And blue mage is fairly good in Dynamis (probably can't beat THF or DNC but should hang with BST), very good in Salvage, very good at solo'ing reives, good in Wildskeeper Reives, etc.

Or were you kidding and I missed the joke?
By Zoltar 2014-09-11 12:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are talking about a very poorly geared monk, but regardless don't turn the thread into something so dumb.
 Bahamut.Menty
Server: Bahamut
user: mental
By Bahamut.Menty 2014-09-11 12:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I love the idea of Nirvana, and respect the ilvl it's not game changing for SMN, although there is an argument for Flaming Crush.

From the Videos & Screen shots ive seen thus far my Magical Blood Packs are as good or higher than Nirvana.

Physical Blood pacts even w/ 40% are very situational.

Blue mage isn't a job I have geared in the last year, though with the recent spells and the direction of current content I would honestly forge the Banana sword.

The Blue mages I play with get quite close to the Samurai and pull there weight now, having the increased Mana would be very beneficial.

A know one Blue mage that would kill for one, only to go after our top melee DD, haha.

Ultimately though, make it for what you love, noone else will play with it but you.

Good luck!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-11 12:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
eslim said: »
also, there is nothing to do in ffxi now except build more mythics >_>
But I'm only a 2nd Lieutenant! With 20 more assaults to do :( :( :(

Including Lebros Supplies :(
shout for people in town, you'd be shocked how fast you can find 3-5 people for that assault
I probably will but right now I have 19 other assaults I'm gonna do first, which in itself is another few weeks of assaults at the very least :(
 Bahamut.Menty
Server: Bahamut
user: mental
By Bahamut.Menty 2014-09-11 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-11 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Menty said: »

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-09-11 12:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make Nirvana over Tizona..

Long Answer:

Most people here have already covered the fact that Nirvana is one of the truly OP mythics, a game-changer.

I would like to make another point. As nice as Tizona's MP management is, every BLU I know that has one says that if they could start over they would make something else. Why? because thats the only thing Tizona truly offers. Sure it has Aftermath and some magic acc, but the WS isn't all that spectacular and AM3 isn't as easy to maintain for BLU as people make it out to be. You have to remember, most of the time on BLU you will be casting spells, not hitting things with your sword. Tizona offers you nothing for what the job does the most.

Short Answer:

I've seen a Nirvana SMN do a 30k+ Flaming Crush to ADL.

Nirvana > Tizona everyday and twice on days you actually play SMN.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-09-11 13:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
You have to remember, most of the time on BLU you will be casting spells, not hitting things with your sword. Tizona offers you nothing for what the job does the most.

Unless something changed recently, last time when I checked spreadsheet mythic BLU with AM3 up still has higher DPS than everything else spamming CDC/req.

It's probably less dmg increase than other DD mythic though.