Ohio Woman Sent To Prison For School Outburst

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Ohio woman sent to prison for school outburst
Ohio woman sent to prison for school outburst
First Page 2
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-21 11:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman has been sentenced to more than a year in prison for assaulting a teacher, principal and cafeteria worker at her son's elementary school after being told she needed a visitor's badge.

A Summit County judge sentenced 25-year-old Jessica Smallwood, of Akron, to 14 months this week after she pleaded guilty to three counts of assault that were elevated to felonies because they involved educators.

The Akron Beacon Journal reports that Smallwood went to the Glover Elementary School cafeteria on Feb. 21 to have breakfast with her 7-year-old son.

Prosecutors say she pushed the teacher, knocked the principal to the ground and punched a cafeteria worker.

Smallwood's attorney said she was upset and surprised at the sentence and will seek early release.

Source
By mortontony1 2014-08-21 11:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO schools are way to crazy about security, visitor's badges, dozens of cameras, metal detectors, etc. are all over board, but that b***h be crazy.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-21 11:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor cafeteria worker, this was not your day.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 11:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
IMO schools are way to crazy about security, visitor's badges, dozens of cameras, metal detectors, etc. are all over board, but that b***h be crazy.

I'm not saying you're wrong about security issues in schools, but I'm also not saying they're not without a long list of reasons to be as vigilant as possible.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-21 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the amount of school shootings you guys have over there, I don't think its overboard.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-21 11:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Classy. How hard is it to step into an office, sign in, and hang a tag around your neck or pin a tag to you? Such a burden! My stars!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-21 11:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Classy. How hard is it to step into an office, sign in, and hang a tag around your neck or pin a tag to you? Such a burden! My stars!

You mean I can't just barge in and do what i want? THIS ISNT THE AMERICA I REMEMBER.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 11:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

You mean I can't just barge in and do what i want? THIS ISNT THE AMERICA I REMEMBER.

*** is 25. That's a lie.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-21 11:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Good God! She might even have to make small talk with the staff or administration. Who wants to go through all the trouble of gabbing a little with people who see your child practically every day? Ugh! Can you imagine? THE HORROR!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-08-21 11:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Schools educate... yet none of that seem to be sticking so now they are going along with Big Brother.
By volkom 2014-08-21 11:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you normally have to go through the front of the school past the front office to get in? Yet she gets into the cafeteria and attacks three people. poor school security imo
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-21 11:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Don't you normally have to go through the front of the school past the front office to get in? Yet she gets into the cafeteria and attacks three people. poor school security imo

Most security guards / school safety officers are just deterrents. They aren't going to deal with ratchet *** folk looking to escalate ***into a scene because their life is ***. You aren't being well enough to be trading blows with someone flameout parent with no self-control.

In that case, you usually just call the cops.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-21 11:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
three counts of assault that were elevated to felonies because they involved educators.

This is one part that catches my eye. You rly think a crime can/should change severity depending on the targets job?
seems like an argument for all ppl are not created equal/ special treatment
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-08-21 11:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus *** Christ I would hit her with a ladle if I was that cafeteria worker.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-21 11:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
Jesus *** Christ I would hit her with a ladle if I was that cafeteria worker.

Lunch is served, ***.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-21 11:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Quote:
three counts of assault that were elevated to felonies because they involved educators.

This is one part that catches my eye. You rly think a crime can/should change severity depending on the targets job?
seems like an argument for all ppl are not created equal/ special treatment
should it? I bet a guy punching hobo joe on the street and getting arrested would be charged differently than a guy punching the president
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-21 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Assaulting public workers is usually more severe because they're arms of the municipality and servants of the public interest. Disrupting the safe haven of a school also isn't going to look good on you.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-21 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fu im from akron teeshirt
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-08-21 11:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'm not saying you're wrong about security issues in schools, but I'm also not saying they're not without a long list of reasons to be as vigilant as possible.
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Considering the amount of school shootings you guys have over there, I don't think its overboard.

Of course there are incidents, there always will be. But with the thousands of schools around the country they are still one of the safest places around. More people die from friends/family/etc. than from random mass shootings.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 11:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »

Of course there are incidents, there always will be. But with the thousands of schools around the country they are still one of the safest places around. More people die from friends/family/etc. than from random mass shootings.

Aaaannnd family is exactly who they were trying to keep out.

Let's not forget that most kidnappings in this country are perpetrated by family, often an aggrieved parent in a custody dispute/divorce.

Keeping her out and away from students is the correct thing to do and I agree that it's a matter of lapsed diligence on the school's part letting her in and really indisputable assault on her part as a very, very poor reaction to being asked to follow safety guidelines.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-21 11:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just post-Columbine mentality. People don't want random people traipsing around school campuses, especially elementary and middle schools, for other reasons. It's completely understandable why you would need a log of visitors.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-21 11:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe she doesn't know how to write her own name?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-08-21 11:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
A dude punches the president in the face, gets elevated to treason if the guy's a U.S citizen. If foreigner, gets elevated to international warfare. I'd buy that for a dollar!

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-21 12:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Maybe she doesn't know how to write her own name?

Well, the article does give the age of the child, seven, depending on when her and her child's birthday are, seventeen/eighteen for the birth and possibly sixteen/seventeen for conception is a possibility. Drop-out? GED? "Options" school? :/
[+]
First Page 2