St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 ... 31 32 33
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 14:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

To recap the events going on:

It all started with this:

Quote:
The fatal shooting of an unarmed black St. Louis teen Saturday has caused an outcry of anger toward the city’s police, with locals rallying in the streets and widening uproar on social media.

Eighteen-year-old Michael Brown was being placed in a police squad car, eyewitness Piaget Crenshaw told the St. Louis Dispatch, when he put his hands in the air and attempted to flee. Several shots hit him as he ran away.

St. Louis County police chief Jon Belmar said Sunday that Brown struggled for the officer’s gun in the patrol car and that one shot was fired from the officer’s gun during the tussle. The officer fired multiple shots at Brown as he fled, Belmar said.

Anger flared the rest of the day after Brown’s death, as protesters screamed obscenities mixed with threats to “kill the police,” and more than 60 area police officers responded to the scene. More shots were reported, though no one was injured.
Public Outcry After Police Shooting of Black St. Louis Teenager

Then this happened:

Quote:
An uneasy calm settled over Ferguson, Missouri, early Tuesday after a second night of violent clashes between law enforcement and residents protesting the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager, with another demonstration planned for mid-morning.

So far, more than 50 people have been arrested in protests following the death of Michael Brown, 18, in a largely black St. Louis suburb on Saturday after what police officials said was a struggle with a gun in a squad car.

The FBI has opened a civil rights investigation into the racially charged case, and St. Louis County is also investigating the shooting.

Police have not said why Brown was in the police car. At least one shot was fired during the struggle, and then the officer fired more shots before leaving the car, police said.

Chanting "hands up, don’t shoot," protesters overnight challenged police trying to seal off the neighborhood where Brown was shot, a low-income, high-crime area east of downtown Ferguson. Some protesters said they were outraged that Brown appeared to have been shot while holding his hands up in surrender, calling the shooting the latest in a long history of police harassment of area minorities.

"They brought this on themselves," said 25-year-old Adam Burcher of Ferguson, who stood outside the Ferguson Police Department on Monday night with a sign reading "Stop Killing."

Later on Tuesday, a protest is expected outside the St. Louis County prosecutor's office in Clayton, Missouri, and officials are also expected to identify the police officer involved in the shooting.
Another protest set in Missouri after riots over teen's killing

Followed by this:

Quote:
Violence again erupted in the St. Louis area near the site of the police shooting death of an unarmed black teenager, according to local police, despite calls by U.S. President Barack Obama and activists for a measured response.

Early on Wednesday, a police officer shot and critically wounded a man who drew a handgun near the site of protests over the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, a St. Louis County Police Department officer said.

Police responded about an hour after midnight to reports of four or five men with shotguns and wearing ski masks. They encountered multiple suspects running, one of whom pulled a gun on an officer, who fired at him, the county officer said. The man was taken to an area hospital.

Shortly after midnight, police fired tear gas into protesters who had confronted a line of officers after a far larger crowd dispersed, St. Louis County Police Department spokesman Brian Schellman said.

A photograph in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch showed a protester wearing a shirt with an American flag printed on it throwing a tear gas container back at the police. There were other media reports of bottles thrown at police.

The incidents followed two nights of violent protests, looting and arrests in Ferguson, the largely black St. Louis suburb where the shooting of Brown took place.
Violence erupts again after killing of black Missouri teen

And now to bring you up to date:

Quote:

The Ferguson and St. Louis County police departments, which led the initial response to civil unrest in Ferguson, are both equipped with military equipment donated by the Defense Dept. Ferguson has received two vehicles, a trailer and a generator and St. Louis County has received nine utility trucks and two cargo trailers since 2012.

The equipment was received under the 1033 program which was enacted by Congress in 1992, and expanded in 1997. The program allows police forces to request and receive refurbished military equipment free of charge from the Pentagon. Police departments need only pay for shipping.
Ferguson and St. Louis County police received military equipment from Pentagon

Quote:
President Barack Obama on Thursday said that police should respect protesters after four nights of racially charged demonstrations in Ferguson, Missouri, over the recent police killing of an unarmed black teenager.

"There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting," Obama said a televised remarks.

"There's also no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protesters or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their first amendment rights," he said, speaking to the press from Edgartown, Massachusetts near where he is vacationing with his family.

After the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown in the St. Louis suburb on Saturday, dozens of protesters have been arrested and the police have used riot gear, tear gas and rubber bullets to break up protests.

There have been peaceful vigils and demonstrations as well as episodes of looting and violence.

Governor Jay Nixon on Thursday also told community members at a church in the St. Louis area that "over the next few hours we are going to be making some shifts so that people will be ... safe." He did not specify what his steps would be made.
Obama calls for police to respect protesters in Ferguson, Missouri

Don't forget this one too:

Quote:
Two reporters covering the shooting of an unarmed black teen by a white police officer in a St. Louis suburb say they were arrested at a McDonald’s Wednesday evening in the commercial corridor where angry protests have occurred.

Wesley Lowery of The Washington Post and Ryan Reilly of The Huffington Post say they were working in the fast-food restaurant when SWAT officers came in to quickly clear the area. Both quickly tweeted about their arrests, detention and subsequent release without any charges.

Reilly tells KMOX News that officers were trying to clear out the restaurant.

“I was just packing up, and I evidently did not move quickly enough,” he says.

Reilly says an officer banged his head on the restaurant door and sarcastically apologized for it.

“None of them were wearing name badges, I don’t know why,” he says. “Over a dozen times I asked for an identity, I asked for a badge number, and all the officers standing around heard my request and ignored it.”

Reilly said he believes they were released so quickly because they were journalists. He realized during his interview with KMOX News that he was not read his Miranda Rights.

“I wasn’t even Mirandaized,” he says. “I did not even think about that until you just mentioned. I was never given…nothing…wow. I should really know that as a justice reporter. I sort of knew it by heart, but I was never given my rights, or anything like that was mentioned.”

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson did not immediately return a cellphone message from The Associated Press seeking comment.
2 Reporters Arrested At Ferguson McDonald’s
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-14 14:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll tell you I've been arrested a few times in my life (was a feisty kid back in the day) and have never been read my rights.

As for Obama's comments: there is a time when violence is to be used against police: and that time is when they're being the fascist *** that we know them to be.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-14 14:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looting shoes as we speak. Also I blame George Zimmerman.

I'm so outraged by this that I plan on tweeting #justiceforall
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-14 14:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

pfffft! you want us to READ!?

where's the riot footage and the tear gas canisters going off and the looting footage!?

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-14 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

2 videos here
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-08-14 14:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

he din do nuffins :'(

Except allegedly try to wrestle the gun away from a police officer
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-14 14:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
he din do nuffins :'(

Except allegedly try to wrestle the gun away from a police officer

I need an excuse to loot though...have you ever been to MO there is nothing to do !
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-14 14:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEYAH!!!!
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-14 14:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

didn't the teen have a list of felonies against him prior to this?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-08-14 14:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-14 14:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Obama spoke all will be healed.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-08-14 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The level of frustration in the black community is high with regards to police-on-black teen violence. Looting and rioting isn't the answer, though. I don't think there IS an answer. Police abuse of minorities is rooted in deeper societal issues that we're not close to solving.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-14 14:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of color is "youth"? Can you show me on the spectrum?
By fonewear 2014-08-14 14:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
What kind of color is "youth"? Can you show me on the spectrum?

What color do you think... "An uneasy calm settled over Ferguson, Missouri, early Tuesday after a second night of violent clashes between law enforcement and residents protesting the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager, with another demonstration planned for mid-morning."
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 14:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

where's the riot footage and the tear gas canisters going off and the looting footage!?

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
Here's this:

And these since you asked so nicely:
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 14:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'll tell you I've been arrested a few times in my life (was a feisty kid back in the day) and have never been read my rights.

As for Obama's comments: there is a time when violence is to be used against police: and that time is when they're being the fascist *** that we know them to be.
That's why they need that law from Indiana in Missouri too.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-14 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
Here's this:

And these since you asked so nicely:

I'll see your shirt and raise you my shirt:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 14:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, people avoid talking about the real problems to quibble over the safe, comfortable tidbits that conform to their viewpoints.

When your police believe that shoot first, ask questions later is the way you handle problems complete with SWAT response because grandpa is shitting himself up on the 3rd floor screaming Jesus Christ, we have a problem. Police are supposed to a representation of our collective ideals of justice. Exemplars of what we stand for.

Apparently justice is dispensed with a 9mm, battering rams, tear gas grenades and excessive force. Take pictures of the cops? Expect to be choked or shot when you 'resisted' arrest. *** you rights, this is martial law *** for your safety against terrorists or whatever.

But continue to frame it in a black/white dichotomy, see how much good that does you 'Murica.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 14:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
The level of frustration in the black community is high with regards to police-on-black teen violence. Looting and rioting isn't the answer, though. I don't think there IS an answer. Police abuse of minorities is rooted in deeper societal issues that we're not close to solving.
Tell that to this guy with the American flag on his shirt.

[+]
By Artemicion 2014-08-14 14:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the police are attacking press too
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep talking about rioting when the majority of the protests were peaceful.

Edit: Lol Guilty Gear OP.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 15:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew some reporters got arrested in McDonald's, but that's a new one.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-14 15:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Doesn't look too peaceful. Why else would you bring out the refurbished military gear?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-14 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Doesn't look too peaceful. Why else would you bring out the refurbished military gear?

Yep very peaceful:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 15:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the cops need a reason to wheel out the military gear?

We've got a cat stuck up a tree on Main St, better bring out the flashbangs and APCs.

So, where's the Tea Party response on these blatant overreaches of government? I expect them to lead the charge on this top....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Right.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-14 15:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I said the large majority of peaceful protests have been ignored for the media wankfest that is orgasming over riots.

Cause dem darkies cant resist the violence, it courses through their veins.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-14 15:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

think i've seen it all.
now i'm just waiting for the day a black cop kills a black teenager and have a bunch of white people riot
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-14 15:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The cops just need to pack up and go home, they are just making it worse.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-08-14 15:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Tell that to this guy with the American flag on his shirt.

He's throwing back the tear gas canister that was thrown at him.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 31 32 33