Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 117 118 119
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 10:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I now have to re-evaluate entire portions of my life to see what sort of fallout may have occurred from this vital misheard marketing jingle.

we'll let you back into the club when you finish!

/slams door

In true American fashion, I think I need to go get a box of Ms. Lee's cupcakes and consume them while I ponder this issue.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-29 10:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok if you have some, you won't be asked to toss it, but don't buy new one.

Like if you have some coca cola at home would be a waste to toss it you gave them your money already so might as well drink and just don't buy again.

Now for real, since we need 50 page, I believe Boycott is the only non violent way to fight something you can't agree with.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 10:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

Like if you have some coca cola at home would be a waste to toss it you gave them your money already so might as well drink and just don't buy again.

Now for real, since we need 50 page, I believe Boycott is the only non violent way to fight something you can't agree with.
People have been violent with boycotts.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-29 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't think there's any japanese that denies the origin of many facets of their cultures, hell it's taught in school.

As for the events, only Philippines I never heard of.

Mmmm. Maybe these days things are more open-minded. I took a lot of Asian history and culture courses through college, but most were non-modern-era history courses.

Maybe they've come to terms in the past 100 years. They have had One or two major incidents in that time frame to make them re-evaluate their world view.

Chinese still hates JP because of Nanking Massacre, in return JP doesn't trust China....you can't trust someone that've been hating you with all his life can't you?
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 10:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
that land originally belonged to Israel
Yeah it did, but they left it cause it sucked. Did they expect it to remain unclaimed by anyone till they bothered to return?
They didn't leave because it sucked.

Many of them were displaced by the Arab Conquerors, or faced a forceful "Arabization", used and sold as slave labour (this has been noted to be true in the historical documents of Egypt), and was, as time progressed, ruled by many differing political entities from outside invaders.
I am curious of these Egyptian documents, got a link?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-29 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been violent with boycotts.

People will always find a way to be violent, but is there a better peacefull way to fight something?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-29 10:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it did, but they left it cause it sucked. Did they expect it to remain unclaimed by anyone till they bothered to return?
What?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 10:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I don't think there's any japanese that denies the origin of many facets of their cultures, hell it's taught in school.

As for the events, only Philippines I never heard of.

Mmmm. Maybe these days things are more open-minded. I took a lot of Asian history and culture courses through college, but most were non-modern-era history courses.

Maybe they've come to terms in the past 100 years. They have had One or two major incidents in that time frame to make them re-evaluate their world view.

Chinese still hates JP because of Nanking Massacre, in return JP doesn't trust China....you can't trust someone that've been hating you with all his life can't you?

I just meant in relation to actually teaching the origins of some Japanese beliefs/cultural points.

The Rape of Nanjing really isn't something that should be be readily forgotten or forgiven, though blaming current Japanese citizens for it is also faulty thinking (akin to the faulty thinking regarding slavery reparations or Native American reparations in the U.S.). It was an atrocity. But it's also just one in a bloody history between the countries from which they both need to move on in order to just maybe have a brighter future.

Along the same lines as Mimizuka.

But hey. South Korea and Japan get on well enough these days.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 10:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
They didn't leave because it sucked.

Many of them were displaced by the Arab Conquerors, or faced a forceful "Arabization", used and sold as slave labour (this has been noted to be true in the historical documents of Egypt), and was, as time progressed, ruled by many differing political entities from outside invaders.
I am curious of these Egyptian documents, got a link?
Looking for them - will edit when I find them.

Edit: I know this is "Yahoo: Voices", but there are credible source listed, that examine the era of the 18th Dynasty as ruled by Ramesses II of Egypt, and examine the historical and biblical accounts of what happened.

You can decide for yourself if they have the kind of legitimacy that you're looking for.

Arkenberg, J.S., ed. "Ancient History Sourcebook: Kurash (Cyrus) the Great: The Decree of Return for the Jews, 539 BCE." Ezra. The Hebrew Bible. "Book of Ezra 1:1-8" Available: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/539cyrus1.html. February 6, 2002.

Arkenberg, J.S., ed. "Ancient History Sourcebook: Kurash (Cyrus) the Great: The Decree of Return for the Jews, 539 BCE." The Great, Cyrus. The Kurash Prism. Available: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/539cyrus1.html. February 6, 2002.

CenturyOne. "THE GIFTS OF THE JEWS: How a Tribe of Desert Nomads Changed the Way Everyone Thinks and Feels (Hinges of History Series Volume 2)." (A book review of Thomas Cahill's work.) Available: http://www.centuryone.com/8249-3.html. February 6, 2002.

Helen Chapin Metz, ed. "EARLY ISRAEL.[Excerpted from Israel: A Country Study.Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Washington, DC: Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress, 1988]." Available: http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/iltoc.html. February 6, 2002.

Kamm, Josephine. The Hebrew People: A History of the Jews. New York: McGraw-Hill: 1967.

Lipman, David E. "Gates to Jewish Heritage. Bar Kochba: The Bar Kochba Revolt."Available: http://www.jewishgates.org/personalities/bar.stm. February 6, 2002.

Silvestri, Anthony. "Dr. Silvestri's WWW Ancient World History Resource. III. The Hebrews." Available: http://www.drhistory.org/main.html. January 27, 2001.

Speake, Graham, ed. The Cultural Atlas of the World: The Bible.Alexandria, Va., Stonehenge Press, 1992.
By fonewear 2014-07-29 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
I feel so overwhelmed sometimes by the amount of delusional and borderline (or more) crazy people on this planet.

has anyone ever asked earth what it wants or it's name?? ?

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Afania 2014-07-29 10:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Rape of Nanjing really isn't something that should be be readily forgotten or forgiven, though blaming current Japanese citizens for it is also faulty thinking (akin to the faulty thinking regarding slavery reparations or Native American reparations in the U.S.). It was an atrocity. But it's also just one in a bloody history between the countries from which they both need to move on in order to just maybe have a brighter future.

That's because Chinese government uses Nanjing incident to promote hatred toward JP to gain political influence.

Also, 2 years ago I met a student from SK, the first thing he said was "I hate Japanese".

Hating JP = Part of Chinese and Korean DNA.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 10:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Things were always hairy there due to conflicting religions and cause quite a few empires used the middle east as a battlefield. But islamic people settled and lived there for centuries along the few remaining jews; in ww2 the jews arrived there as immigrants en masse. The UN shouldn't have created Israel it was incredibly dumb(but US didn't want to pass on the chance), they should have relocated them somewhere else(something that is a bit late to do now aside from jokes).
As if the creation of Israel wasn't annoying enough for the local people they expanded and kicked them out, of course they hate them. It's like me coming to your house and planting a flag in your kitchen cause my grandgrand father had a house there before my family moved out. And the next day not only I don't leave but I claim your bedroom too.
By fonewear 2014-07-29 10:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Taters are a metaphor for Israel.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 11:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

That's because Chinese government uses Nanjing incident to promote hatred toward JP to gain political influence.

Also, 2 years ago I met a student from SK, the first thing he said was "I hate Japanese".

Not to sound touchy-feely or like a dirty *** hippie, but hate isn't a part of anyone's DNA. It's taught, directly or through life circumstance.

And it's going away, slowly, gradually. My own linkshell has a history of its founder (a Japanese businessman) being very good friends with a Korean player/businessman.

Time and economic prosperity can heal all wounds. Though the scars may remain.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 11:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to sound touchy-feely or like a dirty *** hippie, but hate isn't a part of anyone's DNA. It's taught, directly or through life circumstance.
Dirty Granola smoking hippy!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-07-29 11:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Things were always hairy there due to conflicting religions and cause quite a few empires used the middle east as a battlefield. But islamic people settled and lived there for centuries along the few remaining jews; in ww2 the jews arrived there as immigrants en masse. The UN shouldn't have created Israel it was incredibly dumb(but US didn't want to pass on the chance), they should have relocated them somewhere else(something that is a bit late to do now aside from jokes).
As if the creation of Israel wasn't annoying enough for the local people they expanded and kicked them out, of course they hate them. It's like me coming to your house and planting a flag in your kitchen cause my grandgrand father had a house there before my family moved out. And the next day not only I don't leave but I claim your bedroom too.
So you're ok with the initial displacement but not this one? Why?

Where would you have put them at the time?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-29 11:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

despite your national handicap I endorse this message
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-29 11:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how the war in the Middle East will end.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-29 11:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

People will always find a way to be violent, but is there a better peacefull way to fight something?
World domination.

Or not giving a crap about your neighbors at all.

There is no such thing as "peaceful war" or "a peaceful way to fight something" as they both imply that you are attacking another for your viewpoints.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-29 11:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's going away, slowly, gradually. My own linkshell has a history of its founder (a Japanese businessman) being very good friends with a Korean player/businessman.

Time and economic prosperity can heal all wounds. Though the scars may remain.

We shall see lol. I only see the situation got worse in past 10 years, not better. Using businessman as an example isn't very accurate tbh. You can't be a businessman if you can't toss aside the emotion toward the history. I bet Arab do business with Jews when it comes to business :D
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 11:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rusell Peters claims that Indians will out-cheap Jews any day of the week.

"I've got this goat..."
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-29 11:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So it begins...

Quote:
Iran's supreme leader on Tuesday called on Muslims from around the world to help arm Gaza Palestinians in their fight against Israel.

The call by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was his latest such message during the ongoing war between Gaza's Hamas rulers and Israel.

Khamenei claims that while Israel and America seek to disarm Hamas, Iran says "the opposite ... the Muslim World has a duty to arm the Palestinian nation by all means."

Iran, a staunch Hamas ally, does not recognize Israel and supports militant anti-Israeli groups such as the Palestinian Hamas and Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah group.

Iran does not recognize Israel and has considered the Jewish state its archenemy since the 1979 Islamic Revolution that toppled the Western-backed monarchy and brought clerics to power

Khamenei spoke at a prayer ceremony in Tehran as Shiite Iranians marked the beginning of Eid al-Fitr holiday that follows the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
Source
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-29 11:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Drink some real beer, you wuss!

5%? That's like "Non-alcoholic" to a Canadian!

And the rest of the world.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-29 11:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfft, Do you guys even brew up in canada?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-29 11:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

See what we get from destabilizing the British Empire?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-29 11:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Pfft, Do you guys even brew up in canada?

you have to buy it before their lame *** 8:00pm bedtime!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-29 11:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Drink some real beer, you wuss!

5%? That's like "Non-alcoholic" to a Canadian!

And the rest of the world.

Your argument is void!

Warning: Do NOT drink this after eating a steak!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-29 11:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
See what we get from destabilizing the British Empire?
The royal family is actually made of shapeshifter reptilians who are soon gonna take over the world in the name of Satan.

I mean come on, it's a well known fact.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 117 118 119