Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I should have, but I took a job that I quit in the meantime (had to move, etc) was working that for about 4~ weeks. I'd have been better off taking unemployment. As for your comment: why? I'm entitled to them if my contract ends after working that long, why shouldn't I get them?
If you were employed, even part time, during your 4 month layover, that isn't the issue.

But my point is, you were willingly unemployed. You admitted that you could have gotten a job in your field but you chose not to. I applaud you for not taken the unemployment benefits, as those benefits aren't for those who willing to not work, but for those who are unable to find work.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-28 14:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Taxes aren't high enough, actually.

says the guy not paying any lol
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Since he actually was employed, then he may well be. Since while employed, he probably paid (or his employer paid) unemployment tax.
The employee never pays unemployment tax. It is always the employer who pays it.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I should have, but I took a job that I quit in the meantime (had to move, etc) was working that for about 4~ weeks. I'd have been better off taking unemployment. As for your comment: why? I'm entitled to them if my contract ends after working that long, why shouldn't I get them?
If you were employed, even part time, during your 4 month layover, that isn't the issue.

But my point is, you were willingly unemployed. You admitted that you could have gotten a job in your field but you chose not to. I applaud you for not taken the unemployment benefits, as those benefits aren't for those who willing to not work, but for those who are unable to find work.
Your reading comprehension is lacking.

I said that I can't find a job in my field, I'm not willingly unemployed, I would prefer to be working, I have bills to pay, yo. I've been on unemployment before, it doesn't cut the mustard.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

It's always the people who don't pay taxes that say that taxes aren't high enough.

I don't like having to pay 30~% of my income to the government to watch it all go to ***.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 14:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that really grinds my gears is people who only receive public money complaining about taxes or other deductions from their monthly check. -.-;
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant for the 1% sir.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant for the 1% sir.
Again, doesn't effect you.

Will never affect you.

I don't want to pay more taxes for zero benefit for me, and 100+% more benefits for those who willingly refuse to work.....
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 14:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always the people who don't pay taxes that say that taxes aren't high enough.

I don't like having to pay 30~% of my income to the government to watch it all go to ***.

I think tax levels as they are don't really need to go up any more, but we could certainly be spending it in a much wiser fashion. I mean, as was stated...lifetime paychecks for politicians, but some of them get up in arms about pensions, be they public OR private?

Seriously. Get the *** over yourselves, politicians.

Edit: That said, if they started some programs that truly benefitted everyone -- education, job programs, etc. -- I'd be okay with paying higher taxes.

For instance...all these unemployed people around, all this infrastructure work that needs to be done...

...bring back the CCC.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-28 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Since he actually was employed, then he may well be. Since while employed, he probably paid (or his employer paid) unemployment tax.
The employee never pays unemployment tax. It is always the employer who pays it.
Arguably, one could consider it part of the compensation package for an employee.
After all, if the tax wasn't paid for the position, it would go straight to the employee, no?
That's money out of my pocket, going straight to the government!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant for the 1% sir.

Will never affect you.

I don't want to pay more taxes for zero benefit for me, and 100+% more benefits for those who willingly refuse to work.....

You're not in the 1%, and not everyone who is unemployed or underemployed doesn't want to work. Your argument would hold more weight if you also weren't against a minimum wage increase.

Not to mention that our economy has long since passed the point to sustain a 100% employment rate, even if you don't include those who are unfit to work.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I think tax levels as they are don't really need to go up any more, but we could certainly be spending it in a much wiser fashion. I mean, as was stated...lifetime paychecks for politicians, but some of them get up in arms about pensions, be they public OR private?

Edit: That said, if they started some programs that truly benefitted everyone -- education, job programs, etc. -- I'd be okay with paying higher taxes.

For instace...all these unemployed people around, all this infrastructure work that needs to be done...

...bring back the CCC.
You know that even if it was written in law that specific money collected by a specific tax was to go to a specific fund, it will never happen in this government.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 14:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What makes him a liberal?

Entitlement, wanting to tax everyone and everything, thinking the government can force a product on its people, he's for killing 0-9month along babies in the womb and not killing convicted murders. I'm sure I could think of more but I actually have to get ready for work so I can feed my family AND his.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is he likes guns... Other than that he is 99% liberal.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For instance...all these unemployed people around, all this infrastructure work that needs to be done...

...bring back the CCC.

I've been saying that for years, but "the new new deal" probably would go horrible with several crowds.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 14:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And to add further to my point, keep funding the military, by all means, because the world is batshit crazy and we need it...but maybe cut some of the military spending to some of these dead-end programs?

There are countless pieces of military hardware out there that Congress keeps funding that even the Pentagon says needs to stop. The Pentagon says these programs/equipment just hemorrhage money...Congress ingores them, signs the funding.

What the actual ***?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-28 14:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just not to have fun.

Poor Amish women.

IDK. It might be a toss-up. Could you imagine getting a hand-job from the dry, calloused, and possibly splintered hands of a butter-churning spouse?

Bad news, man!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 14:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For instace...all these unemployed people around, all this infrastructure work that needs to be done...

...bring back the CCC.
You know that even if it was written in law that specific money collected by a specific tax was to go to a specific fund, it will never happen in this government.

Obviously. Look at the way the government keeps spending Social Security taxes collected specifically for SSA...

wait for it...

On a bunch of things that aren't SSA!

And then people blame SSA for Social Security retirement potentially not being there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

...bring back the CCC.

I've been saying that for years, but "the new new deal" probably would go horrible with several crowds.

The rich wouldn't want to pay more.

A lot of the unemployed wouldn't want to actually work.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What makes him a liberal?

Entitlement, wanting to tax everyone and everything, thinking the government can force a product on its people, he's for killing 0-9month along babies in the womb and not killing convicted murders. I'm sure I could think of more but I actually have to get ready for work so I can feed my family AND his.

The ONLY thing he has going for him is he likes guns... Other than that he is 99% liberal.

Misunderstood buzzword again.

I don't want to tax everyone and everything, but nice try.

The government can force a product on the people, they do it all the time, and the republicans/conservatives came up with that, not the liberals.

I never said I was for killing anything beyond the 2nd trimester, they're not babies until they are born though, until that point they are fetuses (feti?).

I'm not for murder, ever, which is what executions are.

You're not feeding anyone but your own ignorant ego, as you apparently can't read, I'll state again: not on unemployment.

I'm not a "liberal."
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-28 14:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Just not to have fun.

Poor Amish women.

IDK. It might be a toss-up. Could you imagine getting a hand-job from the dry, calloused, and possibly splintered hands of a butter-churning spouse?

Bad news, man!
That worked about as well as the thought of leeches.

Sadly, given the number of people in the world, I'm sure either option probably describes someone's fetish.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Arguably, one could consider it part of the compensation package for an employee.
After all, if the tax wasn't paid for the position, it would go straight to the employee, no?
No, it is not considered part of the compensation package for the employee, as the tax is levied on all employers for all employees, regardless of employer and/or employee. All FUTA/SUTA taxes have limits also, so when an employee makes a specific amount of money, no more tax is collected on behalf of that employee.

Nearly all of FUTA/SUTA taxes are collected within the first 3 months of the year.

If FUTA/SUTA never existed, that money would not go to the employee at all. So how can this be part of the compensation package in the first place?
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course the rich wouldn't want to pay more, but it's their duty to.

A lot of unemployed people do actually want to work, hence why they're considered unemployed, as they're actively seeking employment.

Or are you going with the non-technical term?
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it is not considered part of the compensation package for the employee, as the tax is levied on all employers for all employees, regardless of employer and/or employee. All FUTA/SUTA taxes have limits also, so when an employee makes a specific amount of money, no more tax is collected on behalf of that employee.

Nearly all of FUTA/SUTA taxes are collected within the first 3 months of the year.

If FUTA/SUTA never existed, that money would not go to the employee at all. So how can this be part of the compensation package in the first place?
yes, it is.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 14:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of unemployed people do actually want to work, hence why they're considered unemployed, as they're actively seeking employment.

What I'm saying is, there are a lot of unemployed "professionals" out there who would consider physical labor beneath them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant for the 1% sir.

Will never affect you.

You're not in the 1%, and not everyone who is unemployed or underemployed doesn't want to work. Your argument would hold more weight if you also weren't against a minimum wage increase.

Not to mention that our economy has long since passed the point to sustain a 100% employment rate, even if you don't include those who are unfit to work.
Bolded statement: Do you have access to all of my income? Apparently not, and I hope you never do.

I'm sure you don't even know what the point of total income made would be to be in the 1%. Protip: It is actually smaller than you would expect.

I know that not everyone who is unemployed or underemployed doesn't want to work. That is what unemployment benefits are there for, to assist those who are actively seeking employment.

Minimum wage has nothing to do with unemployment benefits in this argument. Why are you even bringing this up in the first place?

I know you are only going to pick out parts of sentences and, like Pleebo, will only concentrate on those words and not the meaning. But at least everyone is warned of the incoming obvious arguments that will happen.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm saying is, there are a lot of unemployed "professionals" out there who would consider physical labor beneath them.

That has little if nothing to do with what we're talking about. Why would somebody who made 60k a year, who's on unemployment for a layoff at let's say 40k (because I don't remember the rate, and am too lazy to look it up) take a shitty job making less than they would on unemployment? People have mouths to feed and homes to keep, it would literally be stupid for them.

Not to mention that it is beneath them, people don't go to school and get degrees in fields that use their brain to be reduced to mindless physical labor.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, it is.
You don't understand what a compensation package is. Heck, you don't even understand basic business.

All you are doing is proving your idiocy (again).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 14:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, what?

Why do you think it is our duty to support the rest of the world who doesn't want to support themselves?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-28 14:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I am the standard by which you all are judged.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 14:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant for the 1% sir.

Will never affect you.

Bolded statement: Do you have access to all of my income? Apparently not, and I hope you never do.

I'm sure you don't even know what the point of total income made would be to be in the 1%. Protip: It is actually smaller than you would expect.

I know that not everyone who is unemployed or underemployed doesn't want to work. That is what unemployment benefits are there for, to assist those who are actively seeking employment.

Minimum wage has nothing to do with unemployment benefits in this argument. Why are you even bringing this up in the first place?

I know you are only going to pick out parts of sentences and, like Pleebo, will only concentrate on those words and not the meaning. But at least everyone is warned of the incoming obvious arguments that will happen.

I can guarantee that nobody who fits in the 1% American earner bracket posts on this site as much as you do.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 1375 1376 1377