Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 503 504 505 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 13:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Oh man, this ***is just too good to let it pass. Can she get any more insane (or rather, probably more accurately, could she pander any harder to the insane?)

Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It's Obama's Fault

Quote:
Michele Bachmann says the rapture is coming, thanks to President Barack Obama’s policies on Iran’s nuclear program and marriage equality.

In a radio interview last week, Bachmann, the former Minnesota Republican congresswoman, told "End Times" host Jan Markell, “We need to realize how close this clock is getting to the midnight hour.”

“We in our lifetimes potentially could see Jesus Christ returning to earth and the rapture of the church,” Bachmann said. “We see the destruction, but this was a destruction that was foretold.”

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more"
In the midnight hour babe- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell- "more, more, more"
More, more, more.

Oh and Bachmann is a dumbfuck.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 13:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Another interesting article from Forbes today. I'll just quote a small portion this time.

Quote:
Equipped with data from behavioral science, Moyer does not find fault with deniers alone. In the public debate on climate policy, both sides cherry-pick facts from the data, she said, to support entrenched positions.

“We’ve sort of come out of a realm where we can talk to each other rationally about this, and we’ve become sort of irrational people grabbing at things that support our preexisting opinions,” she said.

“Somehow climate change has become tied up in this whole question of how do we work as a society, and are we allowed to plan for the future, and do we have big government, and are you trying to oppress me, and are you changing my lifestyle. It has somehow become tied up in all that.”

If people want to turn the heat down on the planet, Moyer said, they should turn the heat down in debate.

Some Environmental Advocates Not Helping The Cause, Climate Scientist Says

It's interesting to see a climate scientist acknowledge that it's not just the deniers that are cherry-picking their facts.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 13:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's interesting to see a climate scientist acknowledge that it's not just the deniers that are cherry-picking their facts.
You mean it wasn't obvious?

Yeah, deniers cherry-pick, but obviously the climate science church members do too...
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You mean it wasn't obvious?

Yeah, deniers cherry-pick, but obviously the climate science church members do too...

You know who else cherry picks?

These guys.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-21 14:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus.

Not the one from the Bible.

The one who works at the farm down the road.
[+]
By volkom 2015-04-21 14:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Jesus.
Not the one from the Bible.
The one who works at the farm down the road.

you made my day. thank you
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 15:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
At an Earth Day forum at DePaul University, Moyer was asked how she, a scientist equipped with data on climate change, responds to climate-change deniers who simply refuse to accept that climate change is occuring.

“It’s well understood,” she said, “that this issue is pathological now.”

Moyer referred to studies in recent years by behavioral scientists who found that people are not persuaded by increased knowledge when they self-identify with political stances on certain divisive issues, especially climate change.
Hehe. Nothing we didn't already know.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you ignore the parts that apply to your side and pick out the ones that apply to the other? Aren't you kind of proving her original point?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-21 15:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone point to one predictive climate model that's gotten temperature prediction correct?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 15:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure:

As you can see, during certain months (also known as "summer"), the average temperature in a specific area rises while during other certain months (also known as "winter"), the average temperature in a specific area cools.

Therefor, you must give $2 trillion dollars of federal funding to climate scientists so they can say that during these months, it's Bush's fault!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 15:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong. The average temperature cools in winter because people are driving their Prius more and saving the planet. On a related note, this is the ad that showed up next to my text box as I was writing this:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 15:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Ads wants you to either fly to China and buy a Prius, or submit to the social pressures of global cooling warming.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-21 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep being prompted to check out hot Japanese women. I keep putting my wallet up the screen but nothing.

Bah, I hate the internet.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 16:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you ignore the parts that apply to your side and pick out the ones that apply to the other? Aren't you kind of proving her original point?
Firstly, the context of what I quoted was her talking about deniers. Secondly, she's referring to environmental advocates and not other climate scientists or their research as they are not cherry-picking the data they report that overwhelmingly supports climate change. Her broader point is that whether or not one adheres to the fact that the climate is changing is influenced by other tangential arguments that tend to ignore the actual data.

This isn't the "both sides are bad" argument you're looking for. The basic fact is that this phenomenon is actually happening. Unfortunately for deniers, advocates who cherry pick actually have objective reality on their side.
Therefor, you must give $2 trillion dollars of federal funding to climate scientists so they can say that during these months, it's Bush's fault!
You basically embodied her argument in one sentence, lol.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Ads wants you to either fly to China and buy a Prius, or submit to the social pressures of global cooling warming.

Nah, I'd rather be one of those people that rails on moms for driving inefficient minivans, then flies to climate change conferences in my private jet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Her broader point is that whether or not one adheres to the fact that the climate is changing is influenced by other tangential arguments that tend to ignore the actual data.

Yup. In the mirror you'll find "Exhibit A".
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 16:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, yeah... ok.

Nothing's gonna dent the partisan spin you guys have on the issue. No *** given.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 16:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You basically embodied her argument in one sentence, lol.
I'm not going to say that I don't cherry pick climate change arguments, because I did.

However, you are cherry picking an argument about cherry picking arguments, and you probably don't even see it. And then you are asserting that you don't cherry pick an argument, while you are cherry picking the argument in question.

And you still wonder why people call you a hypocrite?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 16:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, yeah... ok.

Nothing's gonna dent the partisan spin you guys have on the issue. No *** given.
Nothing's going to dent your partisan spin you have on the issue either. So, what's your point?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 16:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't wonder. I just don't give a *** lol. You guys have nothing to add to the topic of climate change other than busted denier talking points and NO U argumentation. It's boring.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 16:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, have you finally accepted that you are a hypocrite?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 16:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you notice that nowhere in the linked article was it doubted that climate change is actually occurring?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 16:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't wonder. I just don't give a *** lol. You guys have nothing to add to the topic of climate change other than busted denier talking points and NO U argumentation. It's boring.

And yet here you are, every time someone even mentions the word "climate". I wonder if there's a "Self-Awareness for Dummies" book....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 16:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't the point of the argument, and stop deflecting from my question.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet here you are, every time someone even mentions the word "climate". I wonder if there's a "Self-Awareness for Dummies" book....
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 16:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you gonna mention my post count next? I was on and happened to read your post. Don't feel too special about it. I'm bored of arguing facts with the people here.
I said I don't care if you think I'm a hypocrite. You still have no idea how to apply that word.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-21 16:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I said I don't care if you think I'm a hypocrite. You still have no idea how to apply that word.
So, you still are denying that you are a hypocrite. You are even trying to change the meaning of the word in your mind now, that's how desperate you are from being associated with the word.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-21 16:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

King and I aren't even deniers, that's the funny part. I mostly just found it interesting that even a heavy climate change advocate thinks that people on her own side suck at arguing about it because they cherry-pick their facts, then you popped on in and proved her right almost immediately. The "hypocrisy" comes from having a person who is on the left of every issue accusing others of partisan spin. We can't make this stuff up. The material is provided directly by you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-04-21 16:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cute when you guys think you have something. And you still don't fully understand your own link.
First Page 2 3 ... 503 504 505 ... 1375 1376 1377