Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 16:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Uh, no... It translates to 23.1% for the tablet we bought my brother-in-law. Aren't you supposed to understand numbers? 6,800 Roubles at 34.9:1 is %194.84 6,800 Roubles at 44.8:1 is $151.79
Given that you gave these numbers:

In November 2013, the Rouble was at 32:1, bud. Even a couple months ago when we did it, the rate was ~35:1. This isn't even something that's hard to research.
Instead of the 44.8:1 amounts (since you never released an actual date or exchange rate at all, and you mentioned that you did this several months ago, not using today's rates at all), how in the hell was anyone supposed to know what you did or what rates you used?

Not our fault you failed to fully disclose important information and tried to portray numbers that had no basis in your "story"

Exchange rates are hardly a mystery, dude, you can look at them by day for the last several years. I said we saved about 30% on our holiday shopping, you're the one who pulled a number out of your butt trying to argue with me without even knowing the exchange rates.

You stuck your wang out trying to be a big man and got showed up.
Next time you want to refer to today's rates, don't use historical values and reference them as the ending period. Just a head's up for next time, so you don't look like a fool (well, more of a fool than usual).

Friendly advice.

Today's rate is the rate at which you can walk into a bank and exchange the money for. In August, you could take a USD to a Russian bank and get 35 Roubles, today, you can take a USD to a Russian bank and get 45 Roubles.

End of story, game over, go get somebody audited.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 16:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So in the end we learned that the rouble crashed 10 points today and Jassik saved 30% on holiday shopping this year.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-07 16:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So the republicans who have been hammering at Obama for not having enough experience want a guy that has even less experience to run for office?

also, I don't think anyone that can be quoted as saying gay people "don't deserve extra rights," is electable anyways...
Please point out anywhere in the article in question that the RNC endorses his possible candidacy.

All the article did was show somebody who is throwing their name in the hat. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would accuse you of lack of reading comprehension, but we both know why you made that comment anyway.
It didn't really even say he was throwing his name into the hat. It mentioned first that he had given thought to it and then that he would leave in the hands of god and then that he didn't want to be president because,
Quote:
"Why would any sane person want to do that?” he asked.
Go ask yourself first who has issues with reading comprehension...

That being said I was commenting more on your reaction to the article. Wait for the dems to come out sniping! (which is highly hypocritical since the pubs do the exact same thing look at the illinois governors race. Rauner spent almost $50 million dollars attempting to assasinate Quinns character)

You were implying with your comment that he was a potential candidate at all and I was commenting in reply to say it's ridiculous for a number of reasons.

Welcome to today's current political landscape.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Today's rate is the rate at which you can walk into a bank and exchange the money for. In August, you could take a USD to a Russian bank and get 35 Roubles, today, you can take a USD to a Russian bank and get 45 Roubles.
Ok, so, again, next time you want to refer to today's rate, don't use historical rates as an endpoint, but as a beginning point.

Instead of "I sent money a couple of months ago at X:X exchange rate" say "Using today's rates, the money I sent a couple of months ago went up by X%, because it was X:X and today it's at X:X"

You know, be a little clear about what you are talking about. They should have taught that to you in your community college courses (assuming that you went to community college and not McDonald University for your "management" degree).
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-07 16:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Need a tissue KN?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 16:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Jassik you don't need to dumb it down at all next time, just do the exact same thing and let the kids try to claim otherwise. Don't know why they care so much about your holiday shopping but it was very amusing watching chaos and KN flail around and end up saying nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It didn't really even say he was throwing his name into the hat.
Quote:
Dr. Ben Carson has long fanned speculation that he may pursue the Republican nomination for president in 2016. That speculation will turn to reality this weekend, as ABC News has confirmed the conservative plans to air a 40-minute ad announcing his bid.

Try again next time.

It mentioned first that he had given thought to it and then that he would leave in the hands of god and then that he didn't want to be president because,
Quote:
Go ask yourself first who has issues with reading comprehension...
Quote:
When asked about his presidential ambitions in the past, Carson has repeatedly responded that he would "leave it up to God." Last month, he told Fusion that he did not want to be president.

0/2 now.

That being said I was commenting more on your reaction to the article. Wait for the dems to come out sniping! (which is highly hypocritical since the pubs do the exact same thing look at the illinois governors race. Rauner spent almost $50 million dollars attempting to assasinate Quinns character)

You were implying with your comment that he was a potential candidate at all and I was commenting in reply to say it's ridiculous for a number of reasons.
Did I say anything that even remotely referred that this was a liberal/democrat only ploy? *looks back* Nope.

0/3. You really should work on your reading comprehension, but in reality, we both know what you were going after.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Actually Jassik you don't need to dumb it down at all next time, just do the exact same thing and let the kids try to claim otherwise. Don't know why they care so much about your holiday shopping but it was very amusing watching chaos and KN flail around and end up saying nothing.
Whatever.

I know you got to support your fellow "non-liberals" on this website, but there's got to be a point when you stop wearing out your kneepads and actually stand up for your own values and points for once in your lives.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, no... It translates to 23.1% for the tablet we bought my brother-in-law. Aren't you supposed to understand numbers? 6,800 Roubles at 34.9:1 is %194.84 6,800 Roubles at 44.8:1 is $151.79

In November 2013, the Rouble was at 32:1, bud. Even a couple months ago when we did it, the rate was ~35:1. This isn't even something that's hard to research.
Instead of the 44.8:1 amounts (since you never released an actual date or exchange rate at all, and you mentioned that you did this several months ago, not using today's rates at all), how in the hell was anyone supposed to know what you did or what rates you used?

Not our fault you failed to fully disclose important information and tried to portray numbers that had no basis in your "story"

Exchange rates are hardly a mystery, dude, you can look at them by day for the last several years. I said we saved about 30% on our holiday shopping, you're the one who pulled a number out of your butt trying to argue with me without even knowing the exchange rates.

Next time you want to refer to today's rates, don't use historical values and reference them as the ending period. Just a head's up for next time, so you don't look like a fool (well, more of a fool than usual).

Friendly advice.

There's no bank on earth that would give you 45 Rubles for $1 right now.

Max you're getting is 37.9 + a possible bank fee depending on where you do it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 16:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Friendly advice.

But Jassik said that he would get it! It doesn't matter if he really can't, because he did, he will.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever.

I know you got to support your fellow "non-liberals" on this website, but there's got to be a point when you stop wearing out your kneepads and actually stand up for your own values and points for once in your lives.
I'm loving this "'non-liberal' economics."
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 16:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

But Jassik said that he would get it! It doesn't matter if he really can't, because he did, he will.

I know you have to stick up for chaos at all, but the current exchange rate is 46.7:1.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another fun fact when it comes to reality vs. currency exchange rates published:

In Serbia $1 will get you roughly 91 Dinars yet the exchange rate is 85.2.

You can't explain that!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 16:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Common sense explanation: They want the dollars.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you have to stick up for chaos at all, but the current exchange rate is 46.7:1.
Here's a little something so you don't look like too ignorant.

You know Travelex? That's the places in airports that will exchange your USDs for whatever foreign currency you need? Even they are listing an exchange rate of 37.9026.

http://www.travelex.com/US/For-Individuals/Rates/Currency-Exchange-Rates/

And that's at the airport, where it's more expensive, as in you get less foreign currency for your dollar.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 16:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Friendly advice.

Sorta true, I doubt you could actually exchange at either of those rates at an actual bank depending on the amount you're exchanging and relationship with the bank. I know they cashed out some of the money we sent on Wednesday at ~39.5, but it'll have to wait till Monday to see what they'll actually offer for the rest. I will have my mother-in-law see what she can get, just for curiosity. Them being way out East in a port, they get pretty favorable rates of exchange most of the time, just due to the volume of transactions being a major international sea port.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so you got that far... Russia, on the other hand, doesn't want the dollars. Haven't for awhile now. But they still have to deal with them.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 16:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that was fun. At least we made some headway. Time for diner now.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 17:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking News!

Quote:
President Obama will nominate Loretta E. Lynch, the top federal prosecutor in Brooklyn, to succeed Eric H. Holder Jr. as attorney general, people close to the process said Friday evening.

If confirmed she would be the first African-American woman to serve as the nation’s top law enforcement official. She would also be a rare instance of Mr. Obama reaching outside his inner circle to fill a crucial post.

Mr. Obama’s nomination of Ms. Lynch might carry substantial political benefits for a White House recalibrating its strategy after Republicans took over the Senate.

Indeed, Ms. Lynch is a two-time United States attorney who has twice been confirmed by the Senate by acclamation, in 2000 and again in 2010. She also has no personal ties to Mr. Obama or his policies, freeing her of the political baggage that has weighed down other candidates once thought to have an edge in the process.

Her nomination also allows the president, questioned in recent days about what he might do differently after the electoral thrashing by Republicans, to bring a fresh face into an administration many have criticized as too insular.
Obama to Nominate Loretta Lynch as U.S. Attorney General
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-11-07 17:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Will the Senate confirm her, thats the question. If not, Eric Holder will just stay on.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 17:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so you got that far... Russia, on the other hand, doesn't want the dollars. Haven't for awhile now. But they still have to deal with them.

Officially, they don't want dollars, the public either isn't buying the tagline or they missed it. Even banks snatch up dollars as fast as you bring them in.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-07 17:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Will the Senate confirm her, thats the question.
Don't see why not.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-07 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
President Barack Obama has approved sending up to 1,500 more troops to Iraq, roughly doubling the number of U.S. forces on the ground to advise and retrain Iraqis in their battle against the militant group Islamic State, U.S. officials said on Friday.

Obama's decision greatly expands the scope of the U.S. campaign and the geographic distribution of American forces, some of whom will head into Iraq's fiercely contested western Anbar province for the first time to act as advisors.

It also raises the stakes in Obama's first interactions with Congress after his Democratic Party was thumped by Republicans in mid-term elections this week. The White House said it would ask Congress for $1.6 billion for a new "Iraq Train and Equip Fund."

Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said those funds would need to be approved before the first additional forces headed to Iraq, something one official speculated could happen in just weeks.

Kirby told a Pentagon news briefing that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel was urging Congress to approve the funding as soon as possible. It is part of a larger $5.6 billion supplemental spending request.
Obama to send 1,500 more troops to Iraq as campaign expands
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-10 12:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Basically, this video shows one of the creators of Obamacare bragging about the stupidity of the American voter and lack of transparency in creating Obamacare.

Well, Republicans knew that from day one.
But anything to get this bill passed, amirite?

(Incoming: "But he didn't say that, even though he said that" remarks like Pelosi's "Got to pass the bill before we can read it" remark)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like ACA is the first piece of legislation to be worded specifically to avoid association. It's more of a commentary on politics than an admission of malfeasance.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love the wordplay on using the term "troops" to make people think we're doing combat missions.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-10 16:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy in that video is the guy who was instrumental in the creation of the ACA. He speaks about how the bill was UN-transparent BY DESIGN because if the it was framed as what it really is, a massive tax and transfer of wealth from the healthy to the sick, it would have died without question.

This from the most transparent administration evah! It pretty much proves that the ideas of liberals and progressives are so bad that they need to lie in order to sell them.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-10 16:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The guy in that video is the guy who was instrumental in the creation of the ACA. He speaks about how the bill was UN-transparent BY DESIGN because if the it was framed as what it really is, a massive tax and transfer of wealth from the healthy to the sick, it would have died without question.

This from the most transparent administration evah! It pretty much proves that the ideas of liberals and progressives are so bad that they need to lie in order to sell them.

Again. If ACA was remotely unique in that respect, you might have a point, but it's not.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-10 16:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Again. If ACA was remotely unique in that respect, you might have a point, but it's not.

California is a good example of why you shouldn't put legislation to a pure popular vote, people are stupid and will vote for their own destruction, at times you need to raise taxes, and you'd never get a tax increase if you left it up to the people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-10 17:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is unique about ACA is that people have been saying this all along while this bill was being created, how overly complicated and overly bad it was structured, and it was generally ignored, because those who were against this bill were Republicans (you know, the evil rich racists and all that ***).
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 1375 1376 1377