Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead people make more money than me. Elvis Hendrix Cobain. etc
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hippie girls are an easy lay though, and they don't talk too much if you get them stoned first.

fonewear said: »
Dead people make more money than me. Elvis Hendrix Cobain. etc

Financial success isn't succeeding at life though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
When did I say it was impossible? I just acknowledged millions have succeeded.
That's the "anyone can become an obscenely wealthy and powerful CEO if they work hard enough" ***, right?

You do realize that there are millions of CEOs out there, right?

Your definition of "obscenely wealthy" may different from everyone else's, but the millions I'm talking about are all business owners who are successful and powerful.

But while millions have succeeded I'm pretty ***' confident in saying vastly more have failed.

Care to elaborate? I would love to see you say that tens of millions tried and failed, which we both know that is false.

Did you know that only about 1% of the population in America has a bachelor's degree? I would say that there are fewer people than that who tried, both failed and succeeded, to create and/or run a business.

And yeah, I have considered. But no, I'm not a 'leader'. I have no desire to use others to attain my personal monetary goals. I don't have it in me to continuously *** over people in lower stations than myself to maintain the status quo.
If that's what you think a businessperson does, then of course you would have failed if you tried.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Hippie girls are an easy lay though, and they don't talk too much if you get them stoned first.

Point taken...
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-28 22:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything's bigger in Texas, including the delusional states and egos.

/sad two steps

What'd we ever do to you? :(
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And why not? Only person holding you back is yourself. Not your parents, not your teachers, not your boss, not your location, not your government, nobody is holding you back except yourself.

You just have to work at it, some people need to work at it harder than others, that's called natural talent and ability. But anyone and everyone can succeed in life.
Even Nausi was able to acknowledge that circumstances can hinder success in some people more than others. Nausi understands reality better than you do. Think about that.
I know that reading is very hard for you. So, let me ask you to point out that I said that everyone is equal in success.

I'm sure you would get it wrong, like usual.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 22:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

And just to nip this in the bud, KN's assumption that everyone is born on equal footing, granted equal opportunity and afforded equal treatment. But *** life variables right, just get good!
And why not? Only person holding you back is yourself. Not your parents, not your teachers, not your boss, not your location, not your government, nobody is holding you back except yourself.

You just have to work at it, some people need to work at it harder than others, that's called natural talent and ability. But anyone and everyone can succeed in life.
I believe KN just brushed off racism as a hindrance to PoC getting jobs. Or archaic views about a woman's competency outside of home making and child raising. Or a shitty education system. Followed by an even shittier higher education system.

All you need to do to succeed is... git gud you scrub.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer women that bathe, and don't smell like burlap.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

/sad two steps

Texas Congealed KN somewhere, probably in a Scrooge McDuck level vault buried far enough underground to be considered a tax-safe haven, and free of those pesky Child Labor Laws to staff the adjacent coal mine.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to miss the global warming discussion rather than rich vs poor arguments...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 22:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And just to nip this in the bud, KN's assumption that everyone is born on equal footing, granted equal opportunity and afforded equal treatment. But *** life variables right, just get good!

I believe KN just brushed off racism as a hindrance to PoC getting jobs. Or archaic views about a woman's competency outside of home making and child raising. Or a shitty education system. Followed by an even shittier higher education system.

Why are you so obsessed with racism and sexism?

I thought we were all are supposed to treat everyone else the same. I know I do. I suppose you haven't yet.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism killed my father and raped my mother !

Sexism is the leading cause of death of women ages 18-25
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But baked your uncle a nice cake, so racism isn't all that bad.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

/sad two steps

What the hell are you still doing up/on here at this time of night?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-28 22:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism is very profitable so let the money roll in !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 22:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When did I say it was impossible? I just acknowledged millions have succeeded.
That's the "anyone can become an obscenely wealthy and powerful CEO if they work hard enough" ***, right?

You do realize that there are millions of CEOs out there, right?

Your definition of "obscenely wealthy" may different from everyone else's, but the millions I'm talking about are all business owners who are successful and powerful.

But while millions have succeeded I'm pretty ***' confident in saying vastly more have failed.

Care to elaborate? I would love to see you say that tens of millions tried and failed, which we both know that is false.

Did you know that only about 1% of the population in America has a bachelor's degree? I would say that there are fewer people than that who tried, both failed and succeeded, to create and/or run a business.

And yeah, I have considered. But no, I'm not a 'leader'. I have no desire to use others to attain my personal monetary goals. I don't have it in me to continuously *** over people in lower stations than myself to maintain the status quo.
If that's what you think a businessperson does, then of course you would have failed if you tried.
Implying the only people who've attempted to start a business went to college is ridiculously laughable. And 1% is 3 million people. So yeah, I remain pretty damned confident in my statement.

Literally almost every lower rung worker for just about every company that exists would like a word with you.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to start a business once, but nobody wanted a professional sock hardener.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 22:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

/sad two steps

[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-08-28 22:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you so obsessed with racism and sexism?

I thought we were all are supposed to treat everyone else the same. I know I do. I suppose you haven't yet.
Obsessed? I'm just aware they're still very prominent in our society. And ignoring it or brushing it off only helps it stick around.

And you seem to be ignoring the fact that it being ingrained in our society is a set-back that can ultimately ruins someones attempts at being successful.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-28 22:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

/sad two steps

What the hell are you still doing up/on here at this time of night?

Isn't it obvious? Sad two-stepping to a David Allen Coe/Tu-Pac 'California Love' remix.

EDIT: Chaos, talk to Massachusetts about that ***!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

/sad two steps

That is about the best response I have ever seen.

/clap
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-28 22:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that reading is very hard for you. So, let me ask you to point out that I said that everyone is equal in success.

I specifically said the circumstances that can hinder success, which is what your grade school motivational poster sentiment refers to, not success itself.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it obvious? Sad two-stepping to a David Allen Coe/Tu-Pac 'California Love' remix.

EDIT: Chaos, talk to Massachusetts about that ***!
/comfort
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

I specifically said the circumstances that can hinder success, which is what your grade school motivational poster sentiment refers to. Not success itself.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 22:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's Rick Perry and Ted Cruz. You got your Ross Perot and Ron Paul. Although I like Ron Paul.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 22:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Then there's Rick Perry and Ted Cruz. You got your Ross Perot and Ron Paul. Although I like Ron Paul.
why?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I knew more about Ron Paul. He seems like a jolly fellow for some reason.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-28 22:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ron Paul was not that bad. Have you read 'The Revolution'?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-28 22:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ron Paul was not that bad. Have you read 'The Revolution'?

Never even heard of it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 22:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
why?
He was one the rare politicians that understood not only domestic policies and the constitution, but knows a lot about foreign relations as well.

What's funny is all the liberals said I like Ron Paul's domestic policies, but his foreign policies scare me.

How's Obama's foreign policy working out?

His track record speaks for itself too. Another rarity among politicians, consistency.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 1375 1376 1377