NBA Finals 2014: Lebron Can't Take The Heat

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » NBA Finals 2014: Lebron can't take the heat
NBA Finals 2014: Lebron can't take the heat
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Razorbeast
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-16 23:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Asura.Razorbeast said: »
When this guy left MJ, his production dropped tremendously; for FIVE seasons; no coincidence. Wade never averaged under 16pts per game, let alone single digits........

You guys say he is washed up, but this year, Wade is shooting a higher FG% than Pippen ever did and averaging close to 20pts per; right around what Pippen averaged in his best years.

Its not an accurate comparison to compare stats of a guy who in his prime shared the stage with the greatest player to ever play the game vs a guy who has the majority of his stat line coming from being the only option for the majority of his career.

Do you know how to read stat lines?

You're going to post links to their stat lines and make a comment about Scottie Pippens rookie year and final years PT Average but ignore the fact he didn't start a single game in an era when the majority of rookies had limited minutes and has a lower FGM-A that year than Wade. There is a reason for that and it's called being Rookie role player vs being a Rookie who is in the Starter position.

Outside of that they're about even stat wise for the next 9 years. Though Wade's FGM-A and FG% in comparison to Pippen's is indicative that Pippen was a more efficient player. Especially when you start looking at those Steal to Turnover Ratios.

At the same time Pippen put in 17yrs with the league, I don't see Wade putting another 7 in let alone 2.

Yep, and Wade has a higher career average and FG% and a more prolific scorer than Pippen. I provided you links to the stats you chose to ignore, hmmm....Now answer my question; if Wade is overrated and washed up atm; how is his shooting a higher FG% than Pippen ever has and averaging near 20pts per game (Around Pippens average during a good year)? He is overrated and washed up, yet his fg% is vastly superior to Pippen's in his overrated washed up state; hmmmm....

Also, Wade was a franchise player, which is why he was the sole option and led his team to a chip; that is what franchise players/superstars do. Pippen is a role player; that is what I have been trying to say; when Pippen did get his time to shine, without MJ, he fell flat. He is a product of MJ; we seen what happens when he does not share the stage to Jordan. You are 100% correct, it is an unfair comparison; like you said, Wade spent the majority of his time being the sole option and winning a chip in the process; Pippen spent the majority of his time riding the greatest player ever. When Pippen was not riding MJ, he suck

Edit: Also; you proved my point; yes, Pippen was a rookie role player, while wade was a rookie starter; if Wade sucked/was overrrated, doubt ppl whom jobs are on the line would play him. Also, it worked because he won a chip.

If Pippen was so great, he would have played, bottom line, period.
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-17 00:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl that say Pippen is better than Wade, but have no concrete stats or facts to back it up; just random comments; "He will never be Pippen" "Pippen changed the game" Stats show that Wade is better, then ppl make excuses, "Aw, it is not fair, he played with MJ" Well, good for him^^ We seen what happens when he does not play with MJ. Show me stats or facts that prove otherwise or I am done.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-17 00:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pippen was not a role player, the very idea of a Pippen being a role player is laughable and destroys your entire argument. He is one of the best small forwards of all time and provided the blueprint for Phil Jackson's triangle offense, while making the All-Defensive First Team repeatedly (an individual accomplishment that Wade has never and will never come close to doing).
He did not fall flat without MJ, he had his best statistical years in 94 and 95 when MJ was out of the league. He is also a Hall of Famer, role players do not make the HOF. Wade is a longshot to make the HOF at this point.
As for scoring Wade is a shooting guard that is his job, and he is very fortunate to have played in the Eastern Conference. Had the Heat been in the West that first championship year would have been a first round exit. This will always hang over Wade and Lebron, they have played their entire careers in a pathetically weak conference.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-17 00:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl that say Pippen is better than Wade, but have no concrete stats or facts to back it up; just random comments; "He will never be Pippen" "Pippen changed the game" Stats show that Wade is better, then ppl make excuses, "Aw, it is not fair, he played with MJ" Well, good for him^^ We seen what happens when he does not play with MJ. Show me stats or facts that prove otherwise or I am done.

Ok, bye. Take your loss and go.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2014-06-17 00:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

As a San Antonio resident and Spurs fan

GO SPURS GO

oh wait... we already won.

Day before my birthday. D:
[+]
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-17 00:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Ok, bye. Take your loss and go.

So you can't? Exactly, that is what I thought.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-17 00:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about different eras of the game though when it comes to rookies getting shine and playing time.

However, in context of this argument : Wades FGM-A of 7.7-14.1 = .54 FG% is really not all that impressive for a player who is no longer a superstar. Since it looks just like a role player named Scottie Pippens in his 10th year of play. Pippens STL:TO ratio > Wade which is what people remember Pippen for.

The crux of the argument being proposed about Wade is, at one point in time early in his career he was a superstar caliber player. But that time has passed. He is no longer a superstar caliber player. He believe's he is and his fans believe he is too, but his stats say role player.
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-17 00:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Talking about different eras of the game though when it comes to rookies getting shine and playing time.

However, in context of this argument : Wades FGM-A of 7.7-14.1 = .54 FG% is really not all that impressive for a player who is no longer a superstar. Since it looks just like a role player named Scottie Pippens in his 10th year of play. Pippens STL:TO ratio > Wade which is what people remember Pippen for.

The crux of the argument being proposed about Wade is, at one point in time early in his career he was a superstar caliber player. But that time has passed. He is no longer a superstar caliber player. He believe's he is and his fans believe he is too, but his stats say role player.

Tell that to Magic, if Pippen was great, he would have played. Raw rookies ride the bench, even during this era, Anthony Bennett?

Also, MJ, another great guard never shot 54%....how is that not great? Whaaa? You can throw out pretty formulas all you want (basically means that he was shooting 54%, like I said), but the facts are the facts. Speaking of facts, still waiting for some stats that show Pippen is a better player than Wade.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-17 00:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting for some stats that show Wade is better than Pippen. Heck I am waiting for some stats that show Wade is a Hall of Famer. I think I will be waiting forever.
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-17 00:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting for some stats that show Wade is better than Pippen. Heck I am waiting for some stats that show Wade is a Hall of Famer. I think I will be waiting forever.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/663/scottie-pippen

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade

Wade is a better freethrow shooter, better FG%, more assist (And Pippen played with the G.O.A.T),more blocks/points per game.

Pippen total points scored: 18,940

D-Wade total points scored 17,481

Wade only played 719 games compared to Pippen's 1178.

Wade won a chip with a inferior team (In the Dallas series); Pippen had MJ.

I would love to continue, but you are unarmed, you got nothing, so I will leave you alone; deuces. Gonna check out the update notes^^
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-17 01:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pippen isn't remembered for being an offensive player, so comparing offensive stats is ridiculous.

Tell that Bill Russel, and Michael Cooper or even Dennis Rodman that you aren't great unless you have the offensive stats so that people on the internet can claim you as great.

Next you're going to be telling us that according to the FG% and not averaging a single digit PPG in a year stat line that Wade is better Kobe.
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-17 01:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

He is better than Pippen in nearly every category, that was my point; which is why I used various basketball statistics. You just chose to zoom in on FG%; I used more examples than just FG%.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-17 09:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Only solid categories Wade leads in is PPG and FG%. Pippen averaged more assists in his Bulls years, more rebounds, more steals, better 3 point shooter, fewer turnovers, and far more durable, and played shutdown defense. Wade has never played a full season, and his FT% is pathetic for a shooting guard. Probably one of the worst ever for his position.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-17 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only solid categories Wade leads in is PPG and FG%. Pippen averaged more assists in his Bulls years, more rebounds, more steals, better 3 point shooter, fewer turnovers, and far more durable, and played shutdown defense. Wade has never played a full season, and his FT% is pathetic for a shooting guard. Probably one of the worst ever for his position.
Come on now Vic that's a tad bit extreme, I see your point but wade isn't that bad.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-06-17 11:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pippen was in the league for 17 years. If you eliminate the last 6 so that you are comparing the first 11 years of both players (Wade only in league for 11 years) then...

Pippen has better stats in 3p%, Rebounds, steals, more total games played and less personal fouls.

wade has higher points per game, minutes per game, FG%(though its close), FT%, Assists, and blocks

Pippen was a small forward, Wade is a 2 guard. Not sure why we are comparing the 2. Jordan was a 2guard... compare them.