Russia and Ukraine
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-06-11 20:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »

many americans have been pussified and wont/dont want to fight. Now im not say we should go fight russia right now; but it makes me wonder how much they will try/get away with before something happens.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-11 20:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
many americans have been pussified and wont/dont want to fight. Now im not say we should go fight russia right now; but it makes me wonder how much they will try/get away with before something happens.

Meaningless.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-11 20:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus *** I can't believe the Russians still field those ancient bombers. The last time the world was intimidated by four turboprop engines was 1952.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-06-11 21:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Jesus *** I can't believe the Russians still field those ancient bombers. The last time the world was intimidated by four turboprop engines was 1952.

test runs. Seeing how far you can stretch out that rubber ban. You dont start off testing it by sending your most advanced aircraft out. (Having no idea how far the airforce technology is)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-11 21:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine the Russians at least have an equivalent of the B-1B Lancer and B-52B Stratofortress.

According to the article (Which reads like Pro-war Gung-Ho Drivel if you ask me) the Russians fly these old *** all the time, all around the globe. Apparently they jelly of our Anti Missile defenses.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-11 21:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know right? Its hilarious. First they fly a Vietnam era swingwing over one of our ships then they fly those turbo prop bombers near us. Are these things supposed to be intimidating? Cuz it ain't working.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
test runs. Seeing how far you can stretch out that rubber ban. You dont start off testing it by sending your most advanced aircraft out. (Having no idea how far the airforce technology is)

They have two long range bombers, those turbo prop Bears and the TU-160, a monstrosity of an airplane which they only have 16 of, not really a threat to the United States at all.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-11 21:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

At least we got to send an F-22 out to do something. No point in buying a Lamborghini if you don't take it for a spin every once in a while.

Speaking of the TU-160...

Someone should really call Rockwell and let them know their Airplane has been stolen.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 21:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind, we still use the B-52 which is almost 80 years old at this point. Granted, ours have been ruthlessly upgraded over the years, but it's not all that different.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-11 21:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We also have more than 16 B-52s.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-11 21:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
We also have more than 16 B-52s.

Lol, most definitely, just making a point.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-11 21:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

At least we got to send an F-22 out to do something. No point in buying a Lamborghini if you don't take it for a spin every once in a while.

Speaking of the TU-160...

Someone should really call Rockwell and let them know their Airplane has been stolen.

They have stolen a lot of our aircraft designs.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-11 21:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lulz
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2014-06-11 22:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Russia's trump card is the Blackjack.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-14 17:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the eyes of Washington finally opened? (Probably not, but at least they condemned it. A start perhaps.)

Quote:
The United States condemned an attack on Russia's embassy in Kiev on Saturday and called on Ukraine to provide adequate security for the diplomatic mission.

The US reaction came after a crowd, inflamed by the downing of a Ukrainian military transport plane, tore down the embassy's flag and overturned vehicles as a dozen police looked on.

"The United States condemns the attack on the Russian Embassy in Kiev, and calls on Ukrainian authorities to meet their Vienna convention obligations to provide adequate security," State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said.
Source
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-06-14 18:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious. Do you get paid to post or something? Literally every time I look at the FFXIAH main page, I see a recent post from you no matter what time or day it is.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-06-14 18:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'm just curious. Do you get paid to post or something? Literally every time I look at the FFXIAH main page, I see a recent post from you no matter what time or day it is.
5 rubles per word if it's about Russia or Eastern Europe.
100 RMB a word on anything relating to the Chinese economy.
1 Euro per word on anything relating to the middle East.

There's also various bonuses for other things that are far beyond you scope of knowledge.

It's also nice to know you've been keeping tabs on me, no matter what time or day it is.

/sarcasm
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-06-14 18:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav said something similar to me awhile back. Apparently, noticing obvious and open facts about people online makes you some kind of stalker. You could almost see him jerking off over the fact that someone actually paid some amount of attention to him.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-14 20:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav said something similar to me awhile back. Apparently, noticing obvious and open facts about people online makes you some kind of stalker.

Ah, I was wondering when the troll would come out from under the bridge again. Bringing up stuff from conversations we had months ago in an attempt to show that you're not some kind of stalker is somewhat counter-productive though.

You could almost see him jerking off over the fact that someone actually paid some amount of attention to him.

Call me crazy, but if I'm so desperate for your attention, shouldn't I be the one dropping your name in random threads and not the other way around?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-06-14 23:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Crazy, even if you did randomly drop my name in random threads, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll get to see them. Even if I did see them, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll reply. On the other hand, I've mentioned your name, 2, at most 3 times, and every time, it guaranteed a reply from you, in a relatively short amount of time, about how I mentioned your name.

I don't suppose you know what 'projection' means.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-14 23:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Keep in mind, we still use the B-52 which is almost 80 years old at this point. Granted, ours have been ruthlessly upgraded over the years, but it's not all that different.

If you make something well, why reinvent the wheel?

That being said, I'm sure there's some decent reasons on it, probably due to spare parts, effectiveness, training etc, etc.

A B-52 can deliver one hell of a payload though.

I mean contracting a new bomber and retiring the old ones would certainly raise some $ in the manufacturing sector, but at what cost?

We'd be better off spending that money on infrastructure projects instead of military, maybe do a few test areas for some solar roads perhaps?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-15 00:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Crazy, even if you did randomly drop my name in random threads, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll get to see them. Even if I did see them, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll reply. On the other hand, I've mentioned your name, 2, at most 3 times, and every time, it guaranteed a reply from you, in a relatively short amount of time, about how I mentioned your name.

I don't suppose you know what 'projection' means.

Projection is basically what I was accusing you of in the first place. Regardless, I don't see a need to discuss this further. It's far less fun when I'm dealing with someone who carries long-term grudges from internet arguments.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-15 00:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We have 3 active bombers in service right now, we don't need anymore. The B-52 is at worst our 2nd best one, and its not almost 80 sheesh >.>
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We have 3 active bombers in service right now, we don't need anymore. The B-52 is at worst our 2nd best one, and its not almost 80 sheesh >.>
I question if we truly need 3, but I guess it's better to be ready than to be caught with our pants down, so to say.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-15 00:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The B-1 has pretty much been useless its entire existence, I don't know why we keep it around.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The B-1 has pretty much been useless its entire existence, I don't know why we keep it around.
Probably politics. You ex or active? edit; I don't recall with the amount of people on here, also, which branch if any.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-15 00:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a 6 year stint in the Air Force.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a 6 year stint in the Air Force.
Ah, I had wanted to join, but didn't lose enough weight in time. That and was in a relationship at the time, then had a kid, etc.

Now I'm too old, I guess there's the reserves, but idk...
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-06-15 00:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Regardless, I don't see a need to discuss this further. It's far less fun when I'm dealing with someone who carries long-term grudges from internet arguments.

Of course. Long as you get acknowledged from time to time, that's all you need.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-15 00:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably goin to get back in the reserves soon, they are looking for flyers, even the ones that failed. I couldnt pass the tailspin recovery training and didn't really want to continue down the career field they put me in.
By Jetackuu 2014-06-15 00:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Now now you two, cop a feel, kiss and make up.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21