FF11 Port To PS3/PS4/PS Vita Petition!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FF11 port to PS3/PS4/PS Vita Petition!!
FF11 port to PS3/PS4/PS Vita Petition!!
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-03-13 17:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Surface Pro has an actual x64 i5 in it, not some Android crap.

I suppose your meant ARM processor, not Android. Android is a OS not a hardware platform.

ARM aways been targeting battery efficiency on portable devices with respectable performance.

That's why Nintendo has been using ARM cores on their portables since the original GBA.

They won't run Windows of course as they're not binary compatible with x86 and I suppose that's what you meant when you typed "not some Android crap"... lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Vivivivi
By Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi 2014-03-14 07:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have mixed feelings on if I even want it, but, if you're serious about organizing a petition, we do live in an interesting crowdfunding time. Because of the resources required I'm sure it would be a hard sell internally at SE to justify putting the budget towards such an old (and exponentially larger) game.

SE is even getting onboard with the kickstarter type notion themselves with a partership with indiegogo: http://collective.square-enix.com/

A legit pitch for one of their own titles using their own crowdfunding vehicle AND securing funding in advance from fans who want this to happen so much they're willing to pay upfront for its development would probably be what's required to make it a reality. I just can't see SE bankrolling any port or HD overhaul to XI without some downside guarantee. I CAN see them doing it with one though.
 Bahamut.Juandbz
Server: Bahamut
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-14 20:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know any petition sites already running for this? I want to support it
By Lizk 2014-03-15 03:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Juandbz said: »
Does anyone know any petition sites already running for this? I want to support it

http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/ffxi4ps3/signatures
[+]
 Bahamut.Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-16 03:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lizk said: »

http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/ffxi4ps3/signatures

Thanks Totally supporting this :) Someone needs to make a facebook petition page or something asap
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-03-16 08:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can hear it now...

Bahamut.Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-17 12:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
I can hear it now...

lol ha what limits does the ps4 have probably none, unlike the xbone All these games Runs at Full 1080p on PS4 but on xbox1... Metal Gear solid 5 - 720p,Call of Duty Ghost - 720p, Thief - 900p, Battlefield 4 - 720p, The Witcher 3 - 720p, Watch Dogs - 900p, etc. DONT get an xbox1 its bad for you
 Bahamut.Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-04-02 20:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are crazy, like even crappy looking games like Minecraft were thinking of expanding to things like using VR headsets in their games.
IGN-DailyFix VR

Even Ever quest is now going to use PS4's VR headset into their game.
Imagine walking thru Jueno or something in 1st person view thru your own eyes using PS4's Morpheus VR Headset.

Where the hell can I send SE a message they need to use these ideas.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-02 21:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
I can hear it now...

lol ha what limits does the ps4 have probably none, unlike the xbone All these games Runs at Full 1080p on PS4 but on xbox1... Metal Gear solid 5 - 720p,Call of Duty Ghost - 720p, Thief - 900p, Battlefield 4 - 720p, The Witcher 3 - 720p, Watch Dogs - 900p, etc. DONT get an xbox1 its bad for you
you missed the joke
By Luvbunny1 2014-04-02 21:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as this is an interesting idea, it may not happen. They would have to rebuild the code (which is a good thing) and the game will compete with their current darling, FF14. So I don't think it's happening anytime soon.
 Bahamut.Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-04-07 18:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw a pretty recent(last month March) article about an interview having FF11 on PS4 here http://www.psu.com/a018741/

So yeah it could happen, idk why many say it isn't possible.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-07 18:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure just how capable a Vita is, but I find it kinda funny that some of the people who complained about PS2 users are in favor of porting FFXI to PSvita. Not sure if it'd work well or not but it sure as hell sounds funny to me.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-07 19:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm not sure just how capable a Vita is, but I find it kinda funny that some of the people who complained about PS2 users are in favor of porting FFXI to PSvita. Not sure if it'd work well or not but it sure as hell sounds funny to me.
What's funnier to me is that people complained about ps2 users thinking that was what was holding the game back, when it was just the scapegoat.