Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-18 12:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I thought you could still do an alli? or is it 6 man only?

18-man alliances are still available, just like before the update. You just get 1/3 the amount of plasm for going in with 6 people. And I think there's 1/3 less HP on the bosses too - at least I think I read that somewhere in the update notes.
So wouldn't be like the same difficulty then? unless you had weak links in the 18 man group or something?

Nah, apparently the damage/TP output from fracture mobs/NM's are less when doing the run with 6 people. The poster above mentions a 400 damage Testudo Tremor, which in a full 18-man alliance is considered a "severely damaging" TP move, but 400 damage is taken care of with a healthy cure III.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-18 12:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The following adjustments have been made to Delve.
The HP of NMs that appear in the field has been decreased to approximately one-third of their previous values, and the amount of mweya plasm received when vanquishing these foes has also been decreased.
The drop rate of yggzi beads has been increased.
The HP of NMs appearing in fractures now varies based on the number of party members.
The values remain the same for parties of eighteen players.

Someone posted a breakdown but I can't find it atm lol...
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-02-18 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

18-man alliances are still available, just like before the update. You just get 1/3 the amount of plasm for going in with 6 people. And I think there's 1/3 less HP on the bosses too - at least I think I read that somewhere in the update notes.

Update notes from SE said 1/3 is just for NMs out in the field, meaning they're that much easier to farm for RME upgrade items now, as well as increased chance at beads dropping.

They also noted that the mobs scale based on party size in Delve, so should be just the same as before difficulty wise with 18/18, though less hectic and easier to mow down with 6/6 with good player / job synergy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-18 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »

Update notes from SE said 1/3 is just for NMs out in the field, meaning they're that much easier to farm for RME upgrade items now, as well as increased chance at beads dropping.

They also noted that the mobs scale based on party size in Delve, so should be just the same as before difficulty wise with 18/18, though less hectic and easier to mow down with 6/6 with good player / job synergy.

Aha! Thank you for clarifying that.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-18 12:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
Cleared all 3 in under 30mins with MNK SAM COR BRD WHM SCH last night.

Would be significantly faster now that all the plugins that assist with multiboxing are fixed.

Tojil should be easily doable without a stunner, bee and shark never needed one to the same degree anyway. I'm curious as to whether brd/blm could stun lahar only and kill before resists, since you could bring 3 DD.

With level 49 blm's worth of dark magic i think you would start to resist after the first one you do (w/elemental seal). We're talking about a loss of ~280 levels of skills here.

Why not swap out the cor if you want 3 DDs? is cor this significant in your setup?

Cor can DD and provide casters roll to your solo stunner, but yes you can run with 3 DD and take a stunner also, its so easy now I really doubt it matters.

As for comments about mobs being weaker (aside NMs having less hp), there was no evidence of that, they have all retained everything except for their hp pool.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-18 12:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
The HP of NMs appearing in fractures now varies based on the number of party members.
So I guess that means that you could take like 12 and it be like 3/4's strength? I wonder where the ratio is most in our favor?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-18 12:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As for comments about mobs being weaker (aside NMs having less hp), there was no evidence of that, they have all retained everything except for their hp pool.
Ya but SE is always vague, from the numbers people are saying they saw it very much seems all their attributes are weaker not just hp/mp and the like...
By itchi508 2014-02-18 12:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess that means that you could take like 12 and it be like 3/4's strength? I wonder where the ratio is most in our favor?
Its based on the amount of members not party's (unlike legion's selection 18 or 36).
Could go with 5, 7, or 13 people. w/e you want, we also went in with 9 and nothing seemed different as far as difficulty went it was still easy.
The balance is pretty good as the difficulty/speed in clearing the fracture seemed the same as before when doing it with 18. Go in with 6 it will feel like you got 18 with how fast & easy you move along.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-18 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Its based on the amount of members not party's (unlike legion's selection 18 or 36).
Could go with 5, 7, or 13 people. w/e you want. The balance is pretty good as the difficulty/speed in clearing the fracture seemed the same as before when doing it with 18. Go in with 6 it will feel like you got 18 with how fast & easy you move along.
I think people should test out others though, bc the only difference now is the ease of party making lol I think the extra DD help would be more beneficial than harmful
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-18 13:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So wouldn't be like the same difficulty then? unless you had weak links in the 18 man group or something?

Nah, apparently the damage/TP output from fracture mobs/NM's are less when doing the run with 6 people. The poster above mentions a 400 damage Testudo Tremor, which in a full 18-man alliance is considered a "severely damaging" TP move, but 400 damage is taken care of with a healthy cure III.

With a Weak cure 3.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-18 13:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

plasm rewards still the same for boss
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-18 13:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya but SE is always vague, from the numbers people are saying they saw it very much seems all their attributes are weaker not just hp/mp and the like...

And I'm saying that people's observations are probably incorrect. They probably haven't accounted for the fact they're wearing significantly higher average ilevel gear since the last time people took delve half serious.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-18 13:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so the difficulty scales per person and not per party?
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-02-18 13:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Carrelo said: »

The more players entering: The more HP the NMs/Mobs have as stated. 18 man will reach to their original HP.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-18 13:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The HP of NMs that appear in the field has been decreased to approximately one-third of their previous values, and the amount of mweya plasm received when vanquishing these foes has also been decreased.
That means the outside NMs plasm has decreased.

Not the inside NMs, just outside.

In case you guys are wondering.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-02-18 13:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Alexander.Carrelo said: »

The more players entering: The more HP the NMs/Mobs have as stated. 18 man will reach to their original HP.
That is still kind of vague. :< I'll rephrase my question:

So it's actually counting individual people and not giving a set difficulty for 1-6, 7-12, 13-18?
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-02-18 13:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

"The HP of NMs appearing in fractures now varies based on the number of party members.
The values remain the same for parties of eighteen players."
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-02-18 13:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

it scales depending on the amount that enters. So the hp values and stuff will be different whether you go in with 6 7 8 9 13 17 etc.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-02-18 13:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

bst solo!
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-02-18 13:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »

Wow that is really good to know! TY

Do you recall what the NMs were giving you? 500,1000,1500,3750ish?
By itchi508 2014-02-18 13:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Asura.Natenn said: »

Wow that is really good to know! TY

Do you recall what the NMs were giving you? 500,1000,1500,3750ish?
Plasm remains the same in the fracture. I don't remember numbers but mata= 500 and boss= 60,000.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-18 14:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
bst solo!

If only! Perhaps in the future SE will allow Fractures to be entered solo. Part of the problem is, even with top-notch 119 gear, subjecting yourself to TP moves that are otherwise stunned, might cause survivability issues for you and your pet(s). We'll see though, I plan on doing a 6-man run here soon with as many BST's as possible and just see what happens.

On a side note.. I don't suppose anyone has tried Delve with BST/DNC, and if so, has tested whether or not Violent Flourish can stun successfully?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-18 14:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If only! Perhaps in the future SE will allow Fractures to be entered solo. Part of the problem is, even with top-notch 119 gear, subjecting yourself to TP moves that are otherwise stunned, might cause survivability issues for you and your pet(s). We'll see though, I plan on doing a 6-man run here soon with as many BST's as possible and just see what happens.

On a side note.. I don't suppose anyone has tried Delve with BST/DNC, and if so, has tested whether or not Violent Flourish can stun successfully?

If you had 3 bst 1-2 smns maybe a cor and sch for stun aoe regen 5/helix minor nukes when not stunning could work. The issue with bst onry I see is not having magic damage or more than slashing weapons I guess the pets would sub for that if they are accurate enough.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-02-18 14:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tojil should be easily doable without a stunner, bee and shark never needed one to the same degree anyway. I'm curious as to whether brd/blm could stun lahar only and kill before resists, since you could bring 3 DD.

I'm curious about the effectiveness of BLU, DRK, even DNC as Lahar stunners while also serving as one of your DD slots (hell, if a COR's Light Shot is reliable enough to sleep the boss, you could even use that as a poor man's stun). Particularly BLU, since my little LS has a lot of well geared BLUs, many of whom still need Naakual spells. I could see us doing Delve when we have ~8-9 people around and bringing a BLU or two to most every run of each of the 3 zones.

I also kind of want to mess around on my RUN in lowman delve just to play with it. Valiance in particular should be really nice for the huge AoE fast cast and party elemental damage resistance, but there are some other interesting toys like all of RUN's elemental stuff to remove the mob buffs. Big question mark, but maybe if the job adjustments and enmity changes are good enough RUN could actually tank the NMs pretty safely too. I've done pretty well tanking WKRs and RUN really is well tailored to countering a specific element mob, so scaled down Delve bosses may be similar.
By Azurea 2014-02-18 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if new delve adjustments change difficulty all the way down to the 3 person entry minimum, or is the easiest difficulty capped at 6 (full party)?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-18 14:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I'm curious about the effectiveness of BLU, DRK, even DNC as Lahar stunners while also serving as one of your DD slots. Particularly BLU, since my little LS has a lot of well geared BLUs, many of whom still need Naakual spells. I could see us doing Delve when we have ~8-9 people around and bringing a BLU or two to most every run of each of the 3 zones.

Hell, I kind of want to mess around on my RUN in lowman delve just to play with it. Valiance in particular should be really nice for the huge AoE fast cast and party elemental damage resistance, but there are some other interesting toys like all of RUN's elemental stuff to remove the mob buffs. Big question mark, but maybe if the job adjustments and enmity changes are good enough RUN could actually tank the NMs pretty safely too. I've done pretty well tanking WKRs and RUN really is well tailored to countering a specific element mob, so scaled down Delve bosses may be similar.

A well geared blu can rip up in delve on the boss tho had a hard time landing stun but didn't try all the various stuns tho damage wise isn't bad at all since spells can be cast during the different phases. If setup right with cocoon, saline coat and /run a blu could stay up fighting nicely without being a complete mp sponge..
[+]
 Siren.Kiyara
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2014-02-18 15:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is definitely awesome. I'm looking forward to more updates like this. I can finally bring my Thf to Delve and get my wins with 6 people :P.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-02-18 15:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking there may not be conclusive data out there regarding whether or not Violent Flourish is functional in Delve, since Dancer hasn't been an invited job to that venue (so far as I can tell), or those who have gone /DNC may not have actually tried to use that JA to stun NM's. So I guess incoming experimenting soon.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-02-18 16:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't know why DNC couldn't be a reliable stunner since VF is based on magic accuracy, but VF's big problem is that, as always, since the physical hit needs to connect you're looking at two "resist" checks and your group might not be running a physical accuracy buff with 6 people there.

I mean, if your setup can deal with the idea of eating a Lahar at some point because your DNC got unlucky with VF, it brings a bit to the table, especially if you don't have a Daurdabla BRD and want to drop a March for Scherzo or something? I dunno; I'm biased but the job feels like it has a lot going for it right now and should be given a shot.

EDIT: worth noting that DNC is an outrageously good supertank right now if you think that's something you need in low-man delve