Rindomaru
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-07-26 15:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, on birds or mobs weak to piercing a 240 Polearm can beat out even a 305 skill GKT.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Geldric said:
Yes, on birds or mobs weak to piercing a 240 Polearm can beat out even a 305 skill GKT.

Good to know, i havnt merited since i capped polearm.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-26 15:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
So, a Polearm skill of 240 is beats out a gkt skill of 292+.

assuming you're not using said polearm on something rediculous like khimaira (the real khimaira; the one in nyzul gets face raped by polearm), yes, polearm will win every time

i happen to use polearm in merits (this includes mamool, which i bet you think i'm insane here but i've got the parses that show, it + pizza = mmmm), as well as einherjar, city-related dynamis, and last but not least, almost 24.7 in salvage (barring arrapago first/second/third/fourth floors, ssr mr. usubody aka turtle, and chariots, depending on if your mages suck, in which then you should ride defender with hagun otherwise.

and yes, before you ask: /war in salvage.

so essentially, what it comes down to is:

polearm on anything around the scale of greater colibri or lower, hagun on things above the level of 85 (see: hnm), or alternatively worded: targets with rediculous evasion and/or defense ratings

if you're looking at bones (or anything else with -piercing), then yea, hagun (this'll happen every now and then in einherjar, example)

WHICH, is why rindomaru fails by default: even if math proves it to be comparable to hagun to a sense (which would be cool to say the least, seeing a gk that holds a candle to this thing after five years, but i still highly doubt it), it's still at the dead center of the spectrum, where it neither will outperform tomoe on one end, or hagun on the other
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Rumaha said:
So, a Polearm skill of 240 is beats out a gkt skill of 292+.

assuming you're not using said polearm on something rediculous like khimaira (the reai khimaira; the one in nyzul gets face raped by polearm), yes, polearm will win every time

i happen to use polearm in merits (this includes mamool, which i bet you think i'm insane here but i've got the parses that it + pizza = mmmm), as well as einherjar, city-related dynamis, and last but not least, almost 24.7 in salvage (barring arrapago first/second/third/fourth floors, ssr mr. usubody aka turtle, and chariots, depending on if your mages suck, in which then you should ride defender with hagun otherwise.

and yes, before you ask: /war in salvage.

id think ur slightly crazy on the mamool part yes lol, i use mine in Einherjar for certain mobs yea, and in dyna when im bored lol, but not in outlands and dreamlands
 Garuda.Veyronn
Server: Garuda
user: Veyron
By Garuda.Veyronn 2009-07-26 15:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The awesome uses of items discussed in this thread,

Askar: Hay, it looks cool, town gear!
Rindomaru: Nice replacement for Onimaru, but it's still a shade under Hagun with a 5-hit
Hagun: Still reigns king (pre-Amano/Futsuno) of Gkt's on anything that's not Polearm-able
Tomoe/Polearm: Anything that's VT or lower will fall to your Penta's :O!

Sums up this thread.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Tomoe lol

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18109

(For comparison)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18126

5 Acc Vs 3 more base dmg, and 3 more atk.
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Server: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-26 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread makes me sad inside. but vey pretty much summed it up. lol @ how iron guys ss of DI zappin nigs who use lolchiv.
lol@spamming sushi+1 @ birds.

hahaha once more. people these days...

and btw. askar body is and always will be a mere stepping stone when the wielder has amano. (this is ONLY if they have amano and salvage is being incredibly gay to their group)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 15:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard there are GKs out there better and more practical than Hagun(since this is just a trophy piece)
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Who spams sushi on birds?!? lol
 Remora.Merchandise
Server: Remora
user: TooLegit
By Remora.Merchandise 2009-07-26 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightmarelord said:
This thread makes me sad inside. but vey pretty much summed it up. lol @ how iron guys ss of DI zappin nigs who use lolchiv.
lol@spamming sushi+1 @ birds.

hahaha once more. people these days...

and btw. askar body is and always will be a mere stepping stone when the wielder has amano. (this is ONLY if they have amano and salvage is being incredibly gay to their group)

pretty sure people with amano dont need advice from a randy on ffxiah bro
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-26 15:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Vawn does :P
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
I've heard there are GKs out there better and more practical than Hagun(since this is just a trophy piece)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17810

and

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18318
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-26 15:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are better, but certainly not more practical lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 15:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Kungfuhustle said:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17810

and

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18318

holy ***there is?! and I thought my SAM friend was just venting out his *** at stupid people who think lolHagun is Godsend, like Pam Anderson's ***.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Those are better, but certainly not more practical lol

lol, didnt even see the "practical" part xD
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-26 15:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
*** Tomoe lol

(For comparison)

i'm willing to say tomoe still stands a chance (accuracy is a superbly underrated statistic for polearm), but l.couse most likely wins, yea

that is, if you enjoy grinding your *** through the sandpaper-esqe gauntlet we like to call waking the beast bcnms, which i myself have never done ever :|
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 15:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
I've heard there are GKs out there better and MORE PRACTICAL!!! than Hagun(since this is just a trophy piece)
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-26 15:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Rumaha said:
*** Tomoe lol

(For comparison)

i'm willing to say tomoe still stands a chance (accuracy is a superbly underrated statistic for polearm), but l.couse most likely wins, yea

that is, if you enjoy grinding your *** through waking the beast bcnm's, which i myself have never done ever :|

LOL

I think base dmg generally wins over all, unless the other has like TP bonus or ***, but yea, 5 acc isnt going to win on 3 atk and 3 base dmg imo, unless u truely truely NEED 5 acc lol
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-26 15:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Kungfuhustle said:
I've heard there are GKs out there better and MORE PRACTICAL!!! than Hagun(since this is just a trophy piece)

amano/futsuno > hagun > rindo/onimaru > pachipachio > ushikiramaru > soboro > shinsokuuuuuuuuuuu

in other words: practical, heck no
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Rumaha said:
*** Tomoe lol

(For comparison)

that is, if you enjoy grinding your *** through the sandpaper-esqe gauntlet we like to call waking the beast bcnms, which i myself have never done ever :|

I assume you got this expression from people who have done that BCNM. Damn, that's as painful as slamming your *** into an electrified cheese grater.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
Kungfuhustle said:

amano/futsuno > hagun > rindo/onimaru > pachipachio > ushikiramaru > soboro > shinsokuuuuuuuuuuu

in other words: practical, heck no

ok, so what you're saying is is that other GKs after Hagun look nice but are not useful. So basically you just have a shiny, dull meat cleaver
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-07-26 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
I assume you got this expression from people who have done that BCNM. Damn, that's as painful as slamming your *** into an electrified cheese grater.

hence why i treasure my ***

and yes @ above
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Server: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-07-26 16:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Vawn does :P

:(face irl.
 Asura.Charlottie
Server: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-07-26 17:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kungfu doesn't even play this game
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlottie said:
kungfu doesn't even play this game

what does that have to do with this Captain Obvious?
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-07-26 17:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

so, just how many people out there can casually have the time to beat absolute virtue or make an amano just to not be called a gimp?

someone brought up the arguement of being accepted into elitist HNMLS, but if you already have these items, why the hell would you need to?

I like my Hagun, I wont be "butthurt" if a different GKT can out parse it, nor will I slit my wrists and cry myself to sleep because I dont have a Futsuno or Amano. I can craft my own Rindo if I choose to, certainly not going to buy or sell them until the market stops going ballistic. and unless I can muster up the absolute best augments I can on the Rindo its still can be a total waste. a non- augmented rindo is far worse that ANY Hagun right off the line.. say you get storetp+2 ws acc+1... and EARTH resistance +2 WOOHOO!

Personally I feel a lot of you here need to chill out until more actual testing is involved. Sure, you can plug all this gear into a calculator to get estimates, but you forget the fact that SE can STILL *** you. any of you who have read supposed drop rates on specific NMs and have never seen a drop can attest to this. sure, on paper this may look great, but damage dealt is random to a certain degree, or else every single one of your hits would be the same depending on your stats.

try to remember to have a little more fun with the game. crunching numbers will only take you so far.
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-26 19:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Guenhwyvar said:

try to remember to have a little more fun with the game. crunching numbers will only take you so far.

Kinda funny to mention that considering all video games are just algorithms.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-26 20:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Guenhwyvar said:

crunch enough numbers and someone's gonna crush your face with a brick for being so damn picky and uptight like an ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-07-26 20:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Etrayis said:
Guenhwyvar said:

crunch enough numbers and someone's gonna crush your face with a brick for being so damn picky and uptight like an ***.

Amen. So crack open a beer and go make a Rindomaru. =D
 Fenrir.Martin
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-26 22:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:

quit being bad at this game.

bet you merited shikikoyo huh?