Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 153 154 155
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-01 14:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. Guess I should be proud of some of my Taeon stuff, then!
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-03-01 14:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Good stuff, thanks both!
 Carbuncle.Nitecon
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nitecon
By Carbuncle.Nitecon 2015-03-01 15:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I've heard 8/8 is max, but I can't recall seeing an SS of one with those values.

Managed to get Dex8 a couple of days ago. Not sure if that means 8/8 is possible.

Edit: Ignore, I derped
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nitecon said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I've heard 8/8 is max, but I can't recall seeing an SS of one with those values.

Managed to get Dex8 a couple of days ago. Not sure if that means 8/8 is possible.

Solo stats were reported up to 10.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-01 18:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated front page sets. In this era of augmented gear and gifts, it's a little annoying to decide on what limits to put on the guide sets, but I left a few notes here and there mentioning some stuff.
 Odin.Jsmooth
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-03-01 18:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive gotten 7/7 on str/dex. I assumed 10/10 would be the cap.

edit: From all the threads I've read about augs, seems 7/7 is the highest. Haven't seen a 8/8 screenshot.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2015-03-01 20:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to try something different, so I leveled up SAM to derp around in. I was wondering if I could get some direction on where to start reaching my STP goals without currently doing Yorcia {A}. I'm aiming for a low/mid acc set (I don't plan to use this on anything serious until I properly learn the job).

ItemSet 333676

STP Merits 5/5
Otomi Helm has STR/PDT/MDT, also have Yaoyotl Helm
Takaha Mantle has +2 STP augment
I also have Goading Belt still if I need the 5 STP

Current goals: AF questing, getting NQ Skirmish legs/feet, and the Cibitshavore bow. Right now I'm in combat skillup gear + one of two trial weapons to unlock ws's in my downtime, lol.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-01 21:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

otronif brais/boots (+1), wakido kote +1, xaddi mail or sakonji domaru, cibitshavore. wakido haidate +1 is also acceptable in place of otronif brais +1
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-03-01 22:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hime Domaru?
By Kooljack 2015-03-02 21:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry sorry i need a little help understanding the tsurumaru ionis sets. I have always trusted you guys and the sets but i'm wondering is otomi head completely outdated with proper augments, assuming no restrictions are taken for mutliple acro sets?

in addition to this question im wondering what is the bare-minimum stp target for tsurumaru ionis sets. because im looking at making a personalized set with more double attack rather then accuracy for tp phase. I'm counting the lowest in gear between the four list as 33. looking like this:

lowacc=38stp, midacc=48stp, highacc=58stp, maxacc=33stp

for someone trying to discern their base set with as much double attack as opposed to accuracy but with still enough stp to maintain the 4hit

::edit:: ok i mathed them out.... orz was i wrong eeek hmmm. dam guess i made a full acro double attack set for nothing eh
ok i see why my personalized set is wrong.... i i don't have capped haste even with ionis hrmm....
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-04 13:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone curious, threw some Snowtip +2s at a set of Acro gear for my Namas Arrow set. RAtk+Racc combo seems to cap at 15 as opposed to 20, and single stat caps at 20 instead of 25.
By Jajuju 2015-03-05 11:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I have some questions if anyone can help answer

Looking at the front page I cant find the Tsurumaru weaponskill set as I dont have a a Koga yet. Am I missing it somewhere?

Also, I see Phorcy's Koraza as some of the weaponskill sets and wondering if it doesn't beat a very good/perfect augmented Acro body?

One last question. For a TP set using a Tsurumaru you dont feel Double Attack +3 i think is the max would beat out Store TP 6?

I've been anxious to augment my armor and this would help alleviate some of my anxiety ^^;
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-05 12:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Both GKs use mostly the same WS set; main difference being Koga uses Vulcan's Pearl while others do not. Fudo accuracy swaps may vary just slightly since non-Koga GKs don't have to worry about accuracy for multi-attack hits as much as Koga does.

A 3% WSD, 3% DA, 20/20 Acro body would actually beat a Phorcys Korazin in uncapped ratio scenarios, but fall behind at capped ratio. If you go with WS Accuracy instead of 3% DA, Acro loses in uncapped ratio scenarios as well.

3% Double Attack is better than Store TP+6 for non-Koga GKs if you don't need the Store TP, however, unless you plan on making 2 Acro sets (one with 3% DA, one with 6 STP) I'd recommend staying with Store TP+6 to help you keep 4-hit builds even in accuracy sets.
By Jajuju 2015-03-05 12:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean when you say 'capped' and 'uncapped'? Can I have some examples of the two ingame?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-05 13:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It refers to your attack vs the enemy's defense. Your attack must be 2.25 times over an enemy's defense to have "capped ratio". Anything under that is uncapped. So, for example, Tojil has approximately 1900 defense. If you're bringing a GEO and COR as support, you can afflict about 47% defense down from Frailty and Dia II + double Light shot, thus leaving him with about 1007 defense. You will need 2265 attack to cap your ratio in this situation; anything less is considered "uncapped". Lower level mobs are obviously a lot easier to cap your ratio on. Take some fodder with about 1000 defense using the same debuffs; their defense would be lowered to 636 and you would only need 1192 to cap ratio in that scenario.
By Jajuju 2015-03-05 14:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting. thanks! Which leads me into wondering how people even figure out his defense in the first place O.O
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-05 14:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of parses.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-03-19 12:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's play the speculation game and guess what stats sam empy will have.

Maybe this might be like otomi, add some da and probably 1 more stp.

This will probably be similar to Sakonji body.

I wonder if they will give this more str.

These should take down wakido kote.

I cant think of anything for this, i like acro feet.

Sorry, i was bored and tired of looking at game ending threads.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-01 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So now that Kasuga Haidate +1 exists, is there any point in even using Wakido Kote +1 even in high acc setups? I think the Kote +1/Acro Breeches setup pulls off about 12 more accuracy than any hand option + Kasuga Haidate +1 if you have a near capped accuracy Breech augment unless I'm overlooking some hand slot with a ton of accuracy? There's also the STP loss which is kind of important since it's a bit harder to reach a 4 hit in max acc
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-04-01 12:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
So now that Kasuga Haidate +1 exists, is there any point in even using Wakido Kote +1 even in high acc setups? I think the Kote +1/Acro Breeches setup pulls off about 12 more accuracy than any hand option + Kasuga Haidate +1 if you have a near capped accuracy Breech augment unless I'm overlooking some hand slot with a ton of accuracy? There's also the STP loss which is kind of important since it's a bit harder to reach a 4 hit in max acc

If you assume str/dex+7 for TP on Acro, There's a 10DEX difference in the favor of Acro gauntlets/Kasuga haidate +1 vs. Wakido kote/Acro breeches, so the accuracy difference is only 3. Acro/Kasuga also has a 4 STP advantage (19 vs 15).
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-01 13:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

If you assume str/dex+7 for TP on Acro, There's a 10DEX difference in the favor of Acro gauntlets/Kasuga haidate +1 vs. Wakido kote/Acro breeches, so the accuracy difference is only 3. Acro/Kasuga also has a 4 STP advantage (19 vs 15).

Right, I don't have STR/DEX augment so I ruled out that possibility. RIP wakido

edit: and now I do. Good stuff.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-04-01 17:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx guys for adding input, slowly clearing chambers atm haven't bothered to look at the gear until i unlock it.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
user: Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-02 21:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

am i missing something on wakido kote+1? why are they main hand for all the acc/tp builds?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-02 21:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ezrah said: »
am i missing something on wakido kote+1? why are they main hand for all the acc/tp builds?

"Enhances Hasso" is very well explained in the guide.
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-02 22:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ya but you just mac em in on use. right? why keep em on?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-02 22:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you must have the equipped while hasso is active, not when it is used. They work just like Unkai Haidate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-04-02 22:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You only get benefits from the hands when you're wearing them. You can run some naked tests to see your attack change when you have them on and don't.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-02 22:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I reworded that section on the node to be a little more clear, but this effect is explained and discussed at length including testing several times in this thread.

Hasso adds 10% Job Ability haste, both Unkai Haidate and Wakido Kote "enhance hasso" by adding another 2.5% Job Ability haste when they are worn while hasso is active. You don't need them equipped when you activate hasso, you don't need them equipped during WS. The reason that one or other appear in accuracy sets is because you can regain that accuracy in other slots where 2.5% Job Ability haste is not available.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-02 23:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

here i'll make you a new hasso disclaimer

WEAR WAKIDO KOTE +1 OR KASUGA HAIDATE (+1) FULL TIME WHILE TPING OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE 2.5% HASTE BONUS

if people still ask about hasso after that then *** em' for being lazy as hell
[+]
 Fenrir.Ezrah
By Fenrir.Ezrah 2015-04-02 23:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

cool thanks bro
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 153 154 155