Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 153 154 155
By Guts007 2014-04-17 14:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »

One mob in Delve 2 just popped in my mind: Hakawai. Flying pink bird, weak to piercing. I tried to eat meat at one point to see where I can push the limits and using the standard Namas Set, it failed to cap r.acc.

Interesting. Was it a decent sample size? I don't deny that it may be possible to uncap. I personally have never seen it uncap. Even back doing Mul legion before ilevel with RCB.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-24 23:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheeted Metalsinger belt and:

Fudo:
Wins: Attack uncapped
(Elemental belt wins when attack is capped)

Shoha:
Wins: Accuracy capped but not Attack.
(Elemental belt wins when uncapped accuracy).
(Windbuffet belts win with capped attack + accuracy).

Update:
Also, added a "Gear Replacement: WS" section.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-28 10:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay been hearing that for Difficult AA and delve2.0 sam needs 900+ accuracy prior to all buffs and food for capped acc. Is this the case or can around 850 do? like that:

edit:
ItemSet 322956
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-28 11:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Okay been hearing that for Difficult AA and delve2.0 sam needs 900+ accuracy prior to all buffs and food for capped acc. Is this the case or can around 850 do?

This is absolutely the case. I did Yorcia Delve last week, 18 man. Pre-buffs and food my accuracy was around 915. On the tree I parsed at around 85%, which means that even with alliance buffs and sushi I still wasn't capped.

Don't do AA's on samurai. A party of average 119 rangers (not relic) can do difficult AA's more easily than perfectly-geared SAM can :P
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-28 11:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all NMs will need 900+ Accuracy prior to buffs. There are some that you can even get away with normal TP sets and eat meat (~850 acc).

I will typically run with 900+ accuracy sets on most Tier IV's, V's and boss. You can get away with less with most tier 1-3's excluding Hakawai of Marjami Rivine.

Having a 900+(4hit) set is important and I wouldn't skimp at around 850. You'll use it often in all of Delve 2.

Edit: Tree accuracy is hard to gauge because AOE Flash.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-28 11:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Okay been hearing that for Difficult AA and delve2.0 sam needs 900+ accuracy prior to all buffs and food for capped acc. Is this the case or can around 850 do?

This is absolutely the case. I did Yorcia Delve last week, 18 man. Pre-buffs and food my accuracy was around 915. On the tree I parsed at around 85%, which means that even with alliance buffs and sushi I still wasn't capped.

Don't do AA's on samurai. A party of average 119 rangers (not relic) can do difficult AA's more easily than perfectly-geared SAM can :P

Easily is kinda a stretch, it can go a lot more pear-shaped a lot more quickly, but melee methods can clear just as well as ranged methods. The difference is that there is no margin for error and everyone needs to be on the ball.

If you want to go SAM and your group lets you go SAM, have at it.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-04-28 11:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I should add that for Yorcia TI-III aren't particularly evasive. TIV-V and megaboss are annoyingly evasive. For tree we do Soul Voice'd songs so accuracy is actually a little better there than on the mandy and belladonna. These two mobs are a pretty big buzzkill.

Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Easily is kinda a stretch, it can go a lot more pear-shaped a lot more quickly, but melee methods can clear just as well as ranged methods. The difference is that there is no margin for error and everyone needs to be on the ball.

If you want to go SAM and your group lets you go SAM, have at it.

When AA's first came out we used different melee for them, as most of our ls didn't have ranger ready. We used primarily MNK, but also THF, WAR, BLU, even PUP. It puts a lot of strain on the DDs to be prepared, fast, but also lucky. Using rangers takes the luck factor mostly out of the equation, which is nice for an event that takes 15/20 merits (so it's not real spammable like Delve is).

That sucks but there it is.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-28 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay been hearing that for Difficult AA and delve2.0 sam needs 900+ accuracy prior to all buffs and food for capped acc. Is this the case or can around 850 do? like that:

edit:
ItemSet 322956

Ah, you edited with a set. With an Anahera blade, and SAM-roll 7+, you only need ~18 STP to reach a 4 hit. You're ok on STP with the G.kat, Grip, and Bow alone. This means you can give up the STP on the legs, feet at the minimum. You can go with Wakido Sune-Ate +1, Xaddi Cuisses (B), and Dynamic Belt. (11 Acc will do more than 4 DA if you're not capped acc). In those changes alone, you will have +20, +15, +11 = +46 more accuracy(which is considerably closer to 900).
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-28 12:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So what does this break down explain then? Trying to figure out what "buffs" you mean? Ionis +cor? Bc my groups don't tend to have cors unless pld+rng setup but then no sam lol
edit: in that witout cor hat does tsuru and anahera need respectively?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-28 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So what does this break down explain then? Trying to figure out what "buffs" you mean? Ionis +cor? Bc my groups don't tend to have cors unless pld+rng setup but then no sam lol
edit: in that witout cor hat does tsuru and anahera need respectively?

It explains that, with a 7+ COR roll, a certain amount of STP in gear to reach the lowest theoretical hit build. For example, you need 52 STP without COR buffs to reach 4 hit. You'll need 18STP with COR buffs.

With your buff situation, try to push 52STP and the rest acc. If you use my TP9 as a base set:
ItemSet 322236
with a bloodrain and cibi, you're at 50STP already, a few adjustments to add 2STP with the gear options available wouldn't be too difficult and would yield a high accuracy, 4 hit Anahera with no COR buffs. Swaps can be Asperity Necklace, Goading Belt, Trip+Brutal, Saotome Domaru +1 (you can refer to gear replacement chart for that).

I also wouldn't throw Anahera+Lentus grip builds out the window immediately, but I don't think it'll result in anything successful because there are only minor +acc things that you can get outside this set.

Even better yet, in Ionis Zones, you can use a Tsuru with TP set 9 with a cibi+bloodrain and you'll have 50STP. It only takes 49 to reach 4 hit so even better (and it even has more accuracy).
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-04-29 03:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, this set gives me 889 acc w. hasso and 54 stp any possible upgrades or adjustments I could make? I'm 5/5 stp & zanshin and 5/5 ikishoten & overwhelm merit wise. Also bow is rank 15 path c.

ItemSet 322980

This is my current acc set gives me 930 w. hasso, Xaddi are r10 path b (currently):

ItemSet 322981

Again any suggestions would be helpful on upgrades or adjustments. Thnx
Also that stupid hauby hasnt dropped yet from superman /sigh still trying tho!
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-29 10:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Krazykozy said: »
I have a question, this set gives me 889 acc w. hasso and 54 stp any possible upgrades or adjustments I could make? I'm 5/5 stp & zanshin and 5/5 ikishoten & overwhelm merit wise. Also bow is rank 15 path c.

ItemSet 322980
It looks like a good set, but watch out for your buffs; it's good mixed acc set without COR buffs. With a COR, you want to make sure you hit at least 64 STP to reach your 4-hit. (Or with some gear adjustments, consider a Lentus which makes you only require 38STP in gear with COR rolls).

This is my current acc set gives me 930 w. hasso, Xaddi are r10 path b (currently):

ItemSet 322981

Again any suggestions would be helpful on upgrades or adjustments. Thnx
Also that stupid hauby hasnt dropped yet from superman /sigh still trying tho!

It's pretty good max acc set. If you can manage though, (with a COR) I'd try to drop it down to a 4 hit as well (only requires 38STP + Lentus) if you always run with a COR.

If you don't usually run with a COR, I wouldn't even add the Mes'yoshi haubergeon (so simply) because what you have is a 5 hit Koga, which is great, but if you drop the Sakonji, you're going to be in 6 hit territory. You're on the rim of 5-6 hit (42 STP). It takes 40 to make a 5 hit so if you do plan on adding Mes'yoshi, I'd plan on making other adjustments as well.

----

Edit: Also, I think your acc #'s included ionis bonus as well.
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-04-29 13:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

er ya I forgot to mention that >.< ops sorry lol
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-04-29 17:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohya thnx for the input btw lol for got to add that >.<
Also I swapped out winbuffet and put goading in to see if that helps on the standard set, because I noticed I was also short on haste as well I have cetl also but we'll see lol
And no we dont normally run w. cors unless its event night, usually its a 3 or 4 song brd on side runs. Well for delve anyways...
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-29 21:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I swapped out winbuffet and put goading in to see if that helps on the standard set, because I noticed I was also short on haste as well I have cetl also but we'll see lol

I noticed this too, but knowing that before Ionis buffs, SAM was capping haste at 24% and the first Ionis buff was 1% I made the assumption that the 2nd Ionis haste buff gave us 2%, allowing us to cap at 22% in Ionis zones.
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-04-29 22:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah so did I but, I think it is 2% or atleast 1.5% because all it says is "moderate haste increase" so you are probably right w. assuming 2%
 Sylph.Xodia
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-05-12 03:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey does anyone have an up to date apex set for capped acc? would appreciate it thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Krazykozy
By Lakshmi.Krazykozy 2014-05-12 05:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm using atm:

ItemSet 313716
Cib is rank 15 path c
By Pantafernando 2014-05-12 07:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with tpbonus+100 Hangaku-no-yumi is behind the delve bow?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-12 07:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm using atm:

ItemSet 313716
Cib is rank 15 path c
What's your ranged accuracy in that set?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-05-12 07:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

No, Hangaku-no-yumi is ahead when using Apex. (Unless the STP+7 changes a hit build)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-12 09:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

No, Hangaku-no-yumi is ahead when using Apex. (Unless the STP+7 changes a hit build)

it seems like it hinges on what gk you're using, tsuru ionis builds favor hangaku, cibi seems to win overall in mixed content, or anytime you're using apex on only specific mobs or phases, just due to the freedom it grants in other slots.
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-05-12 13:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed this too, but knowing that before Ionis buffs, SAM was capping haste at 24% and the first Ionis buff was 1% I made the assumption that the 2nd Ionis haste buff gave us 2%, allowing us to cap at 22% in Ionis zones.

How does SAM cap haste @24%?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-05-12 14:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leauce said: »

If you're in an Ionis zone, you receive 2% gear haste with the Ionis buff. This caps you at 26% (25.5% or something).
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-12 14:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

He means with capped magic haste and Hasso with AF3+2 legs or AF119 hands. It was close, but not quite. It was around 79.7% or 79.8% delay reduction pending specific haste values on the equipment you were wearing, but that's under the assumption Unkai Haidate +2 was 2.5% gear haste, though my testing on Wakido Kote +1 followed by Unkai Haidate +2 would imply it's actually just 2% gear haste for both. This would mean we were at around 79.2% or 79.3% delay reduction with 24% gear haste, capped magic haste, and Hasso with Hasso-enhancing equipment.

Those numbers are without Ionis, so obviously having Ionis would allow you to cap a little lower.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-12 14:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
He means with capped magic haste and Hasso with AF3+2 legs or AF119 hands. It was close, but not quite. It was around 79.7% or 79.8% delay reduction pending specific haste values on the equipment you were wearing, but that's under the assumption Unkai Haidate +2 was 2.5% gear haste, though my testing on Wakido Kote +1 followed by Unkai Haidate +2 would imply it's actually just 2% gear haste. This would mean we were at around 79.2% or 79.3% delay reduction with 24% gear haste, capped magic haste, and Hasso with Hasso-enhancing equipment.

Those numbers are without Ionis, so obviously having Ionis would allow you to cap a little lower.
Except that Wakido Kote +1 doesn't affect Hasso. It adds STR+4 instead.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-12 14:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, but ok.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-05-12 14:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

bloodrose pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-05-12 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
He means with capped magic haste and Hasso with AF3+2 legs or AF119 hands. It was close, but not quite. It was around 79.7% or 79.8% delay reduction pending specific haste values on the equipment you were wearing, but that's under the assumption Unkai Haidate +2 was 2.5% gear haste, though my testing on Wakido Kote +1 followed by Unkai Haidate +2 would imply it's actually just 2% gear haste. This would mean we were at around 79.2% or 79.3% delay reduction with 24% gear haste, capped magic haste, and Hasso with Hasso-enhancing equipment.

Cap is 80% delay reduction right? so in the above situation, we need 25% haste outside of ionis zones, inside we can get by w/ 24%?
Why does he say we can cap w/ 22% haste in ionis zones? only thing i can think of is wakido+1hands and af3 legs stacking, but i read somewhere they dont stack..
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-12 14:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can cap with 23% in Ionis zones, 25% outside. And correct, they don't stack.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 153 154 155