Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 68 69 70
By clearlyamule 2017-03-09 17:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If it has mp and the timer is up it will do it. You can make it cure at higher hps with damage gauge will also make it prioritize curing with light maneuvers and lower recast. Light also helps make it dia more than other enfeebles which is good since it always lands.

As far as killing quick... um venom shell from non nms is like 40/tic and your auto should have around 2k hp that's a few minutes even if you do nothing. Also ARK 4 + 1 light maneuver should completely cancel out the poison dmg plus some
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-03-09 17:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
how do you make it cure itself and its ailments? I had tried urinates but the poison killed it pretty quick. (didnt have healing items on me at the time) And still working on getting attachements

Old trick could even be a cheat or exploit if u think about it
Go to Beadeux next to the curse items and target a mob have whm auto attack rq, then retreat.
Time this right and never kill the target and get cursna spam from auto
Can write a script and do it while afk, However I do not suggest this but I know it is in one of the Old ffxiclopedia pup guides and as such if seen could be a problem with thingies
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-03-09 19:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For auto magic skill: The Melo Melo method is pretty good if you only care about skill. If you need CP, you can always just go solo stuff for exp with a WHM or RDM puppet (even at ZERO skill). Just treat it like another trust. Eventually will cap just from the enfeebles and buffs it tosses out, and you're getting skill while you're also gaining CP.

Melee skill is also easy, just deploy Valoredge on anything.

Ranged skill is by far the most annoying one just by virtue of ranged attacks being less frequent and low skill = low racc. That one is just more of a grind, but I'd still suggest just going and getting some mindless CP, beating on stuff with the puppet alongside you acting like a gimpy DD trust (and load up on ranged focused attachments + percolator + optic fibers) and getting some skillups.

If you really wanted to focus solely on ranged skill, just go deploy on something that dies slowly, slap on a "II" animator to make the puppet stay at range and only shoot, and attachments as noted above. August + trust healers + puppet deployed from afar, and something like an uragnite outside of Adoulin should take a really long time to kill, if it even dies.
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2017-03-09 22:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Colonization Reives to skill Ranged. I just used an Animator II and kept spamming Wind Maneuvers with Barrage Turbine and Percolator.

Took me 8ish hours, and if you don't use maneuvers for Barrage then the only time you have to pay attention is when you either kill the wall or if someone comes through guns blazing and takes the Reive down.
By Bongarippa 2017-03-09 22:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you make it cure itself and its ailments? I had tried urinates but the poison killed it pretty quick. (didnt have healing items on me at the time) And still working on getting attachements

I did the beavis and butthead laugh at this typo
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-10 09:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So for ambuscade cape, I know (think?) most people would say go with Acc/Attk +20, Pet: Acc/Racc/Atk/Ratk + 20, Pet: haste + 10%, but what about the dye slot?

Do people go an additional pet: acc/racc+ 10? Or perhaps pet: atk/ratk + 10?
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do another 10 acc
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-10 11:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

forgive the hand holding here, never tried pup at all. What set up (frams attachments) work best for skilling automation magic? (still working on getting attachments)

Right now i have soulsoother head and stormwaker body equiped.
Percolator(w1) heatsink (w1)
ARK4(L5) optic fiber (L1) (light cap6)
Mana booster (i2)
Mana tank (d2)

not sure if its a good idea to have more then three eles. If they activate without maneuvers being on.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-03-10 11:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »

I did the beavis and butthead laugh at this typo

Godofgods said "urinates"....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 12:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

forgive the hand holding here, never tried pup at all. What set up (frams attachments) work best for skilling automation magic? (still working on getting attachments)

Right now i have soulsoother head and stormwaker body equiped.
Percolator(w1) heatsink (w1)
ARK4(L5) optic fiber (L1) (light cap6)
Mana booster (i2)
Mana tank (d2)

not sure if its a good idea to have more then three eles. If they activate without maneuvers being on.
Sort of depends on exactly how fast you taking dmg and such but that should work though if you are regening too fast might want lower ARK. And of course if you can fight it more OF is nice and dmg gauge too I think. More mana tanks if you can afford the slots. If you got some room but not more capacity for the other things possibly some defensive stuff like APs. Still got room maybe some thunder ones like acc or da ones to help skillup melee at same time if you haven't capped yet

Most attachments still do something even without that elements maneuver up just a bit less.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-10 15:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So me and tarutaru each got out the same automation. He tells his to atk and its keeping its distance casting dia and poison mainly. (not much variety or speed there). But when i tell mine to atk, it goes into to melee. And i have no idea why..?

Both using
soulsoother head - stormwaker frame
Percolator, heatsink
ARK3, optic fiber, damage guage
mana booster, mana tank, armor plate3, turbo charger2

They only difference taru has mana tank 1 and i have mana tank2. Is it because there are two automations on the nm?
(edit:even when tarutaru took auto off nm, and i reactivated new auto, he still went in for melee)

After 30 min this way, tarutarus automation magic skill went up 11. Mine went up... 2.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 15:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things can effect that like what heads you use distance you deploy and which animators you use and hate. It shouldn't really matter though going into melee wont effect it's casting really
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-10 15:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
A few things can effect that like what heads you use distance you deploy and which animators you use and hate. It shouldn't really matter though going into melee wont effect it's casting really

both using the soulsoother head. Both deployed from 14-15 yalms. Hate is on tarutarus trust. Both using eminent animator.

Apparently it is effecting casting. I hes not really doing it much at all. 2 skills in 30 min. All i see him doing is curing him self.. once in a while. He already died once even with regen atma and hate on trust.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-03-10 15:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

both using the soulsoother head. Both deployed from 14-15 yalms. Hate is on tarutarus trust. Both using eminent animator.

Apparently it is effecting casting. I hes not really doing it much at all. 2 skills in 30 min. All i see him doing is curing him self.. once in a while. He already died once even with regen atma and hate on trust.

There are 2 types of animators 1 is Melee/tank other is Mage If it has a II at the end of it "Animator II" that is the ranged one issue with that type is mostly if ur auto takes hate it will run away to 15ish yalms and start again. Sounds like you are using the Melee one and not the range one. If you adjust and still same deal then has to be something else.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-10 15:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If all he is casting is cures, he might have the scanner attachment. Are you sure he doesn't have Eminent Animator II equipped?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-10 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

no scanner attachment on.

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
If it has a II at the end of it "Animator II" that is the ranged one
Both have the same Eminent Animator. Which im guess is a 1 (i see no II). If that is true, then it would explain why mine is meleeing, but not why tarutaru automation is keeping its distance. Both have the same animator, but both are acting differently.

I tried disenguageing and going to a seperate mob that noone else was on and my auto did cast dia once, but after that went to straight melee.
So i tried changing over to stormwalker head and body. He is now keeping his distance but casting nothing other then cure. (and cure is quite weak at that. 40hp)
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-03-10 15:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well one other thing is if you are 15 yalms away they will run in with melee, so try 10 yalms away

also take into consideration it is the distance Your auto is away and not you. aka if u are 15 away but ur auto is behind you when you deploy it is 15+ if it is in front of you then it is 14 or less. Though it may seem small it is something to note and can easily mess up a perfect setup.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 16:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

autos will still cast just fine close range. What will effect casting and probably is is it deciding whether or not it should. It wont cast debuffs already on the mob so if other one got dia in first too late. Also tends not to cast debuffs if your macc is so low it has no chance of landing. Scanner seems to cause it to do the same with nukes though sometimes that leads to it choosing less resistant elements.

Since you mention atmas I assume you are doing Melo melo which is an nm so it's poison is going to be a tad stronger and eventually it will rage and start hitting for pretty hard. So definitely going to need some more defensive attachments and hopefully some pet dt gear.

regen atmas are kind of worthless given using the 3 best ones is still less regen than ark 4 with 1 light maneuver while a refresh atma will let you drop the whole refresh attachment/maneuver package in favor of more skill ups/regen. And a DT one will help keep you alive when it rages the 50% one under 50% hp pretty good here.

It can only cast spells it's "learned" based on how high it's magic skill is so that's why it's casting cure 1 and possibly why taru has a wider range of stuff. And the actual amount cured by those will be weak compared to players with cure pot without any cure pot on auto.

Lastly I wouldn't even bother engaging really just send auto in to take care of business. Last time I did the melo melo skillup was more or less afk before trusts were allowed in abyssea and it worked fine. Though I did get a few lvls nuking the flying dragon abyssea tahrongi first so it would have the nas when I started on melo melo
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-10 16:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for all the info.
I have no idea why automations learning magic as they skill up didnt occur to me. That should have been obvious.

I was wondering the same thing about not casting because its not needed; with there being two automations on it. (Even tho on a regular crab it didnt rly cast much either. It only melee'ed)

Either way, i left aby and went to the uragnites outside alduin again. Its going much better this time around. I split us both into individual parties with individual mobs. And its been going fairly well.
Both automations are keeping there distance; whether i tell it to atk from close or longer range (with nothing else changed other then pt).
I did switch over from soulsoother head to stormwalker head (with storm walker frame). They seemed to be casting a lot more with that set up.
in 40 min my auto went up 29 magic skills, and tarutarus went up 38. So that sure beat me 2 skill in 30 min!

SO i guess most of it was jsut caused by having two autos in the same pt on the same mob.

All that being said, can someone enlighten me about these animator differences that were spoke of? Are all the ones just labeled as animators all 1, and only those marked II are 2? And +1 mearly hq version of what every type it is
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-10 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Animator I and Animator II are different. Animator P II +1 is a HQ version of Animator P II for example. Animator I will have the auto function just like the old days, where it will position based on the deployment range and it won't move if it's not Valoredge head if the mob runs out of range. Animator II will force the auto to stay out of melee range, mostly used for mage frames, but I have used it with Sharpshot/Sharpshot when I needed it to stay out of some AoEs.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 17:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also add the IIs shouldn't get out of range if they have hate and iirc soulsoother is trying to stay in range of you. Also using valoredge like that is hilarious just sits there.

Additionally switching between Is and IIs can confuse the auto into not shooting or ws presumably might stop it from doing anything but meleeing
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-10 19:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do another 10 acc

Just realized - did you mean another 10 master accuracy or another 10 auto acc/racc? I feel like it may be more useful to get as much accuracy on the auto as possible but I may be wrong.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-10 20:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I'd do another 10 acc

Just realized - did you mean another 10 master accuracy or another 10 auto acc/racc? I feel like it may be more useful to get as much accuracy on the auto as possible but I may be wrong.
For what you have more for the auto. though you might want a more master oriented one with maybe still pet haste on it as well
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-11 07:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I'd do another 10 acc

For what you have more for the auto. though you might want a more master oriented one with maybe still pet haste on it as well

Thanks, will do. Appreciate all the help!

I got lucky and saw a Garbage Gel shout the other day and got Emeici on the second kill. Then some other folks in the party were kind enough to give me their item drops and I upgraded to +1 :D

After some ambuscade grinding, here is where I finished at the end of the day:

ItemSet 349891

Mantle has full augments except the dye step.

Now to work on a repair set!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-11 10:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Repair is as much Automaton HP you can with 119 AF boots.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-11 13:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

another question. This has been annoying me since i started this whole thing. Iv come across three distinct different scenarios when using ele manuvers. Im not sure why they change form tiem to time or what triggers the differences.

1: I get three ele manuvers that stack up; 1min, 2m, 3m, 4m+
2: i get three ele manuvers that stay at 1m- and just overwrite themselves as cast (staying at 1m-)
3: i get the same ele manuver icon 3 times that stay at 1m-

all been using the same manuver scripts and gear. Frame/head has changed, but its occured even within the time frame of using the same one.
Skill changes as time goes on, which is the only guess i rly have.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-03-11 15:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Whoever tested the Enhances Repair gear screwed up. The Regen Potency+ effect persists even if you unequip them, so a few of those pieces are worth considering.
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 15:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever you use a maneuver it overwrites the oldest one if you have 3 up. At the start duration starts at 1 minute but a couple of years ago they added something where the longer your auto is engaged to something the longer the duration becomes going up to 5 minutes. This duration increase applies to all maneuvers put up after you get it until you zone or auto dies/deactivates
By clearlyamule 2017-03-11 15:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

Whoever tested the Enhances Repair gear screwed up. The Regen Potency+ effect persists even if you unequip them, so a few of those pieces are worth considering.
Holy heck that's a pretty big mess up. While it's not the hugest just grabbing the 4 non rng augment items would boost the regen by 20 hp/tic
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-11 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Repair is more for the instant heal, not the regen.

Holy heck that's a pretty big mess up. While it's not the hugest just grabbing the 4 non rng augment items would boost the regen by 20 hp/tic
Repair items only apply to the regen anyways, I only use repair for the instant large heal most of the time and just look at the regen as a bonus. There aren't a lot of pieces of gear to boost automaton health in those slots anyways, though.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 68 69 70