Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 68 69 70
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-02 15:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Spicy said:
Capuchin, I see you fixed a dumb mistake I had, listing Resister as Inquartata. I meant to put Tenacity. Would that not make sense instead of listing it as a "Status Ailment Resistance" unique trait?

Thanks for fixing it too.

Ah, good call yeah. I forgot Tenacity was a trait! I think Resisters are indeed similar enough to the player Tenacity trait that it makes sense to use that label. Gonna go change that right now.

And THANK YOU for the great work on updating that page!!!
Spicy said:
NP, just wanted it to be good. Sometimes we can't juggle everything we know in our heads. Ty for changing that too.

BST and BLU are getting that sorta treatment right now too. BST is closer to being done. BLU will take another month or so at this rate.

I never updated maneuver effects (just the duration while engaged right?) on the wiki, but with how many different directions I start editing off in maybe one year I will get to that :P
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-09-02 15:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
It's not that uncommon to see 10k+ WS when you get a crit on Smite
Well I've done up to 18k on recent easy but non trivial content (ambuscade, Domain Invasion etc), but the fact I reached 18k doesn't mean my average Smites are 18k because that couldn't be further from the truth lol
Some people have the tendency of taking their peak WS number and consider it as their average xD (not talking bout you Capu, of course)

Think KKK Pummel should be noticeably better than Smite btw, its only issue might be the much lower than average base damage on KKK, but to be fair I think that the impact of Base damage on H2H WSs is overestimated, other stats give bigger boosts with smaller increases.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-02 15:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish we got another significant pet DT piece or even just a pet MDT piece so we could actually equip the Resisters
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-04 07:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So one merit in repair potency (2% healed in description) increased base repair heal on 2926 hp VE/VE (no auto-repair kit, JSE cape, automaton hp+ or repair gear equipped) from 1170 to 1228, which is a 5% increase. Translation error?

Doesn't effect regen.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-04 09:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
So one merit in repair potency (2% healed in description) increased base repair heal on 2926 hp VE/VE (no auto-repair kit, JSE cape, automaton hp+ or repair gear equipped) from 1170 to 1228, which is a 5% increase. Translation error?

Doesn't effect regen.

What animator, if any, did you have? Also, do you have JP into Automaton HP/MP?
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-04 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Divinator and 6/20 in hp/mp JP.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-04 09:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How are the new Attachments (x3) for PUP ?

do they make a huge Difference from their Previous Attachments ?

What are some Recomended settups to use with them ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-04 15:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Divinator and 6/20 in hp/mp JP.

I do not know if those have an affect or not :/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to my damage tests before, I found that if you are only single stepping a skillchain, usually you WILL get the results that Capuchin posted. The change up comes when you start multistepping skillchains. In doing so, I initially went and tested against Apex bats, where I noticed that SS was absurdly powerful. I figured that with a Red Mage I could probably do even better. So I found a Red Mage and grinded a bit of CP.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I believe at some point I show my attachments and whatnot. Everything is manual, I do not use gearswap at all when playing PUP. For a RDM+PUP duo against 126-129 Apex mobs, I don't think it's bad. Keep in mind there is no Corsair nor is there a proper Geo(Sylvie barely counts) and essentially constant ATK down. Wither either of those supporters results would be better. Or a nuker. But honestly it's just a lot of fun.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-04 16:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
PUP got insanely better, with the latest patch even on the damage side.
But if we rule Overdrive out, I'm still not sure it's still on par with BST pets or Avatars, if we consider pure damage only.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Psion
Server: Phoenix
user: Psion
By Phoenix.Psion 2016-09-04 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

how the heck is your automaton just wsing so fast without meleeing? it's like its getting 1000 tp with just the weaponskill. (a 0 hit build? O0)
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-04 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Psion said: »
how the heck is your automaton just wsing so fast without meleeing? it's like its getting 1000 tp with just the weaponskill. (a 0 hit build? O0)

Companion's Roll + large amounts of Pet: Store TP on the RNG autos. Keep in mind, the puppets are still shooting ranged attacks while also having Regain effect from Companion's Roll.
By Sammeh 2016-09-04 17:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about putting a LVL 97 Corsair in party (specifically, lvl 97) gives an insane TP boost. Not sure if roll correlated. So you have to lvl a mule or something and put it in merit mode where it won't lvl up. I've never paid attention to how it works; but it does.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-04 17:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh said: »

Something about putting a LVL 97 Corsair in party (specifically, lvl 97) gives an insane TP boost. Not sure if roll correlated. So you have to lvl a mule or something and put it in merit mode where it won't lvl up. I've never paid attention to how it works; but it does.

[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-09-04 18:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The party's over.
By dustinfoley 2016-09-04 18:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind listing your attachment set/gear (augments) for that run trulusia?
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-04 19:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
The party's over.

Well, don't sound the alarm to you know who.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-09-04 21:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone explain that please (PM). :O
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-09-04 23:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, please do explain.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-09-05 00:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
The party's over.

He, who shall not be named.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-05 00:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best pet: haste you can get on herc with a fern stone?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-09-05 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
The party's over.

He, who shall not be named.

:(

*goes and cries in corner while everyone else has fun*
 Bismarck.Cloudxi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cloudxi 2016-09-05 18:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

messed around with blm pet, got a couple pieces of herc gear with mab and tested it out in reis, consistent 80-82k MBs. wasn't even that tough to gear for. granted apex and other NMs won't hit nearly that hard, but i was very impressed.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-09-05 18:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

darn i missed the party
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-09-05 19:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
In regards to my damage tests before, I found that if you are only single stepping a skillchain, usually you WILL get the results that Capuchin posted. The change up comes when you start multistepping skillchains. In doing so, I initially went and tested against Apex bats, where I noticed that SS was absurdly powerful. I figured that with a Red Mage I could probably do even better. So I found a Red Mage and grinded a bit of CP.

Awesome, that's good to know - thanks for the update (and you're totally right that my quick and dirty testing was just using single step SCs). Mind sharing what you like for fire/thunder/wind attachments for your RNG setup? I'm assuming both Speedloaders of course, but interested to see how you fill the rest of those slots.

So back to the main point, whether the pet beats the master is kind of a YMMV thing based on ability to put together reliable multistep SCs. If you can't do so, puppet is still a very significant source of damage but it's gonna be more likely to get master a little bit ahead.

I would caution others reading this that with multiple DDs, automaton can easily ruin planned SCs thanks to its desire to close the best SC it sees when it has TP. In fact, I find that puppet SC behavior (and its desire to mess up what your party might want) is really the biggest downside of using the job in a hybrid master+puppet DD role. I've had Apex parties where my group insisted I use WHM puppet solely to avoid the puppet messing up a desired multistep SC (between, say, PUP PLD RandomDD). But when you're just in a situation where you're indiscriminately WSing with a bunch of melees or doing simple 2-step SCs, pet at least does OK by trying to close SOMETHING.
By Eital 2016-09-07 10:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Ambuscade cape for PUP the only one I should be using (or the primary one at least)? If so, how many am I looking at needing? Two? More? I can imagine one that's at least hybrid with acc/atk for myself and automaton and pet: regen (no idea what the Dye augment I want would be) and one for WSing. That one I assumed would be either WSD or CHR, STR, and acc/atk. Thanks in advance for help!
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-07 10:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best pet: haste you can get on herc with a fern stone?

Spicyryan said:
These sorta posts are the ones that I see and go check the information the wiki currently has, and apparently no one has recorded augments for familiars on Herc. Wth.

Sorry it isn't there, Traxus.

:|

Anyone have any augmentation data to contribute?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-07 11:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD only applies to the first hit of the weaponskill. For PUP you are better off with Crit or DA for a weaponskill cape.

CHR for what?
By Eital 2016-09-07 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I was lazy and abbreviated Crit Hit haha. You answered the question regardless, thank you.
By Jadey 2016-09-07 13:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been able to solo Taelmoth and Belphegor but I still need Herc Head/Pants and I'm not sure if Selkit and Oryx are possible solos (Overdrive or not) - has anyone been successful soloing either?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-07 13:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Selkit is pretty straight forward. Sub nin, swap into DT when hate is on you until it uses hell scissor. The real killer of Selkit is the poison if soloing, since trusts are derpy. But, summon August or something and you really shouldn't have a problem bouncing hate off each other.

Oryx is fairly easy as well, just becomes a battle against time. You should never stand in front of Oryx, the Amnesia from it lasts a good while. Maybe sub dnc to remove silence from your trust whm and it should be easy enough.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 68 69 70