Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 68 69 70
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-19 11:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tru, regarding the feet slot, wouldn't Naga Kyahan Path D be better than augmented Herc feet or no?
 Shiva.Onionknight
By Shiva.Onionknight 2016-06-19 17:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the suggestions Tru. You are right on target marker being a big improvement, but the problem ill get on Maju is you dont want String shredders. String shredder skillchains with the other puppet ws. Ripper and bone crusher dont sc with each other. Ill look at ways to force shredder tho i guess.
 Shiva.Onionknight
By Shiva.Onionknight 2016-06-19 20:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok yeah target marker+ 1 thunder made this work. We got to 4% one time with overdrives and a hate loss killed the blinders...

This is doable but requires so many ppl not making mistakes. You cant have the puppet string shredder or it will skillchain with the bone crushers. I am sure we can do it, but its not something you can spam...

Thanks Trulusia for the tips.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-20 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Tru, regarding the feet slot, wouldn't Naga Kyahan Path D be better than augmented Herc feet or no?

Perfect augment Hercs would be better. Iirc, Naga will give you a combined total of 37 accuracy after the innate bonus, Hercs should be giving you 45 accuracy. But you need to roll 30 accuracy and 15 Dex for that. I don't have that on any of my pieces, personally, but I am close. They also double as DEX mod WS pieces, so they are worthwhile period.

Shiva.Onionknight said: »
Ok yeah target marker+ 1 thunder made this work. We got to 4% one time with overdrives and a hate loss killed the blinders...

If you can control the fight basically, you can set up where you have a RDM to Saboteur+Stymie Blind II with reforged relic pants on. Have you RDM remerit to full on Blind II and you have like seven minutes of blind going with that. If you are blowing ODs anyway might as well go all out.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-22 14:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I came across this post on BlueGartr and thought it was relevant to our interests. See below.

Quote:
Sharpshot Frame (2016/6/22)

There’s a number of problems with this frame currently.

1. High Delay: The Drum Magazine was balanced around play 4 or 5 years ago, and now it has fallen behind. The frame shoots too slowly for the current pace of battle.

2. Damage: The automaton’s upper limit on damage wasn’t increased alongside players. The max multiplier is still 3, which is the same as before the 2016/2/10 update.

3. Mysterious Negatives On WS: Upon testing, there seems to be a glitch of some kind with ranged WSs on the automaton, and it has a lower D value than normal attacks. I admit this might be erroneous, but I would like for the devs to tell us the specifications on these abilities.

There are other issues, but I’ll leave it there for now.
I have brought your suggestions to the development team. As a result, they have decided that they will be increasing the ranged attack and ability damage of the “Sharpshot Z-500” frame. We are hoping to implement this in the next version update, and we are currently doing verification work.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-22 14:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

*** beautiful. Sharpshot needs a boost, although at this point it's hard to compare to VE considering how good Bone Crusher can be. Arcuballista was already a fairly strong WS with enough stats pumped into it, so I am interested to see what it can do after the adjustment.

Armor Shatterer is the main thing that needs and adjustment imho. While consistent, the ftp makes it garbage vs. Arcuballista and Daze. The stat boosts seem to do almost nothing for the damage. We'll see I guess.
By dustinfoley 2016-06-22 14:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also add that SS needs to chase mobs when ss/ss.

Having to use VE head + SS body undermines the potential for wind builds. We now have an animator that forces ranged, so all automaton should chase melee when using divinator 1, and people can use divinator 2 to force ranged.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-22 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Armor Piercer also needs a boost, IMO along with Shatterer. We don't see Daze used much in our fights so I don't know if the damage from that is up to the current standard of Arcuballists.

Seeing as though Arcuballista is the first WS the RNG puppet learns, you would think the other WSs it learns later on would be stronger.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-06-22 15:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing about Armor Shatterer is that it's possible they intend it to not be the strongest WS damage-wise, because it has such a potent additional effect (-16% Defense) which stacks with most everything and benefits the entire alliance. It's not just a damage WS, really does add a lot of utility too.

Will be interesting to see what happens though. Perhaps big numbers from AS with Flame Holder + Speedloaders!

dustinfoley said: »

Having to use VE head + SS body undermines the potential for wind builds. We now have an animator that forces ranged, so all automaton should chase melee when using divinator 1, and people can use divinator 2 to force ranged.

Absolutely agree, great point.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-22 15:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »

I wish you could decide melee range with the Animator instead of the head... But alas that was a pretty weak choice on SE's end considering how there are different ilevel animators and only one Divinator II.

They should have made the Ranged/Melee an option in the menu, seriously.
Just like they could do the same with WS on/off yet they refuse to for very stupid reasons that forces us to endure the consequences.
By Cupbot 2016-06-23 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For double overdrive zergs are 2x Valoredge pups optimal? I notice they don't skillchain very well with each other during overdrive.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-06-23 13:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish there was a way besides swapping manually into Pet Ws gear for PUP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-23 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cupbot said: »
For double overdrive zergs are 2x Valoredge pups optimal? I notice they don't skillchain very well with each other during overdrive.

Ideally if you are using two puppets you want one Sharpshot and one Valoredge doing Armor Shatterer > Bone Crusher > Light over and over. Or even better, find someone else who can open Fusion and just have the two automatons stagger their OD's and spam Bone Crusher. That might change after Sharpshot gets boosted though.

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

I recall Falkirk telling me it was possible to have gearswap change gear if your pet's TP hit a certain value, but it's so damn unpredictable when the thing will actually WS that it doesn't seem worthwhile to me to bother with it.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-06-23 21:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way you can reliably know to swap into a Pet WS gear set for PUP is if your puppet is the one wearing the Inhibitor and someone else (or another puppet) just used a WS to open a SC.

Speaking of which, some of us in Minions were discussing some battle strategies (specifically Maju) and we were wondering. We know we can make Light SC with Armor Shatterer > Bone Crusher and we can make Darkness with Armor Piercer > String Shredder. I've tried looking everywhere, but couldn't figure out what would happen if the RNG puppet opened with Daze, or with Arcuballista.

Assuming RNG puppet using opening WS. And a PLD automaton with Inhibitor on closing. What would the results be? I'd do this testing myself but the other PUP I normally do science with is offline.
 Asura.Midgitis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-06-26 07:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Both are way behind blu as far as damage goes if that is your sole goal.

Pup has the pet and can fill other niche voids such as tank and pseudo healer where monk cannot. They are or should be buffing ranged frame damage as well but the pup without the pet will never compete with monk as far as straight damage is concerned and even with the pet it would be close to even with only trust support. The pet adds in skillchain possibilities but in its current state isn't really an impressive dd.

Both hit hard and fast but they lack a top tier weaponskill which makes them fall drastically behind other jobs who also hit hard and fast but with good weaponskills such as war, drk, blu etc..

That being said, I wouldn't worry much about which job is best as every job can do the content you mentioned be it pup, monk, w/e. Play the job you enjoy playing and don't let numbers direct your choice or you won't have fun and will waste a lot of time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-26 16:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Question

With the incoming buff for two-hander/H2H jobs.

How its the damage MNK vs PUP?. Some scenarios

The upcoming buff isn't going to do ***. They're giving attack buffs and doing something with autoattack damage. WS aren't getting touched from what I have read, so nothing is changing. Monk will get more out of an attack buff than PUP will.

But honestly, unless you REALLY get into PUP, just play MNK. PUP is incredibly gear and skill intensive to get anything out of it, and unless you want to go down that long road, ignore the job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-06-26 16:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with Godhands, PUP dd is severely lacking
[+]
By nyheen 2016-06-27 07:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Question

With the incoming buff for two-hander/H2H jobs.

How its the damage MNK vs PUP?. Some scenarios

The upcoming buff isn't going to do ***. They're giving attack buffs and doing something with autoattack damage. WS aren't getting touched from what I have read, so nothing is changing. Monk will get more out of an attack buff than PUP will.

But honestly, unless you REALLY get into PUP, just play MNK. PUP is incredibly gear and skill intensive to get anything out of it, and unless you want to go down that long road, ignore the job.

^this, pup is the only complicated job that take a hella lot of skills and gear just to use effective. but very rewarding
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-07-03 00:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aight, I been trying to look for a Shijin Spiral gearset that I can gearswap pre Bone crusher, but the ones I can find are extremely outdated.

So, while I'm pretty decent with math, Stat-puke gear really *** me up when choosing BIS gear for such WSs.

Therefore, if someone could help me out where I can gearswap Shijin then after into my 4/5 her pet BC set. (Any help with that set would also be appreciated since I average ~3.5k Bone Crushers.)

Thank you.
By Cupbot 2016-07-05 00:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Puppetmaster
The recast times of the following pet commands have been decreased from ten seconds to five seconds.
Deploy / Retrieve
The potency of ranged attacks and the following weapon skills have been increased.
* In line with this adjustment, the potency of Barrage when using the attachment Barrage Turbine and the potency of Eagle Eye when using the ability Heady Artifice have been increased.
Arcuballista / Daze / Armor Piercer / Armor Shatterer

Here's to hoping these changes are obnoxiously good.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-05 00:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cupbot said: »
Puppetmaster
Quote:
The recast times of the following pet commands have been decreased from ten seconds to five seconds.
Deploy / Retrieve
The potency of ranged attacks and the following weapon skills have been increased.
* In line with this adjustment, the potency of Barrage when using the attachment Barrage Turbine and the potency of Eagle Eye when using the ability Heady Artifice have been increased.
Arcuballista / Daze / Armor Piercer / Armor Shatterer

Here's to hoping these changes are obnoxiously good.

Don't forget that single teir of smite!
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-05 01:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping the new pet haste belt is clothcraft or synergy!
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-05 01:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping the new pet haste belt is clothcraft or synergy!

I'm betting it is Leathercraft.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-05 01:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It has the Pythia Sash icon. I have faith!
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-07-05 01:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It has the Pythia Sash icon. I have faith!

I just saw the icon. Good point. That MIGHT be Clothcraft.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-05 03:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems the MA earrings will be really good for non KKK users as well.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-07-05 07:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, I guess anything with pet:accuracy also affects ranged accuracy as well such as ohtas and rao augments. It's probably known, but just in case it isn't (you can tell how long it's been since I've used sharpshot).
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-05 10:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Svens said: »
Huh, I guess anything with pet:accuracy also affects ranged accuracy as well such as ohtas and rao augments. It's probably known, but just in case it isn't (you can tell how long it's been since I've used sharpshot).

I noticed that a while back myself. Sorta strange considering some pieces list both, and others do not.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 68 69 70