Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 181 182 183
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-03-06 15:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey rq I just wanted to ask, is it possible to simply copy someone elses gearswap and input my own gear like I used to on SC? I was an xbox player for the major part of my FFXI days and never really learned SC and now I'm super casual I just wanted to know if theres a quick way for me to get GS up and running.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-07 00:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said: »
Hey rq I just wanted to ask, is it possible to simply copy someone elses gearswap and input my own gear like I used to on SC? I was an xbox player for the major part of my FFXI days and never really learned SC and now I'm super casual I just wanted to know if theres a quick way for me to get GS up and running.

Yes.
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-03-08 13:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I looked at Gearswap installed it etc but cant figure out how to get it to work. If I try loading it then I get told that gearswap does not exist.

I have looked in the files and tried editing one of the examples to add some of my gear as a test.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-08 13:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using

lua load gearswap

Remember, addons aren't run like plugins(which spellcast was)
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-03-08 13:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks now that I type that it says that lua is already loaded lol.

So as I asked above if I simply edit one of the examples could I use that as my thf lua for example?
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-08 14:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said: »
Ok thanks now that I type that it says that lua is already loaded lol.

So as I asked above if I simply edit one of the examples could I use that as my thf lua for example?
You can use any lua example and make it your own. Use notepad to edit-in your own gear in sets. And don't forget to rename it Yourcharactername_THF.lua.
 Siren.Scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2015-03-08 18:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies I have a basic set up and running making my fajin boots auto equip after fights, that in itself is enough to make life so much easier haha.
 Shiva.Mulitus
Server: Shiva
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2015-03-10 14:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious is there a way we can just use Edit Equip set in game . example

This is what we do now

sets.precast.WS['Sanguine Blade'] = {
head="Pixie Hairpin +1",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Friomisi Earring",ear2="Crematio Earring",
body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Hagondes Cuffs +1",ring1="Fenrir Ring +1",ring2="Fenrir Ring +1",
back="Cornflower Cape",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet="Hagondes Sabots"}

Cant we just do something like this

sets.precast.WS['Sanguine Blade'] = { SET001

sets.midcast.FastRecast = {SET002

This way we could use Gearswap in the game and not have to type everything out or can make fast changes in game with are sets
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-10 17:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest way is to equip gear just for Sanguine Blade and do //gs export.

It's possible to create a custom set by doing something like this
Code
if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
    if sets.precast.WS[spell.name] then
        WSset = set_combine(WSset, sets.precast.WS[spell.name])
    else
        WSset = set_combine(WSset, sets.precast.WS)
    end
    if SET001 ~= nil then
        WSset = set_combine(WSset, SET001)
    end
    equip(WSset)
end

However, there are a lot of mechanics involved, that you would need, just to define and use the variable, 'SET001'. You'd need custom variables for every slot. Then you'll need a custom command to translate those variables into strings and thus, into 'SET001'. Altogether you'd add another 15-20 lines of code, and that's just for Sanguine Blade.

If you don't have some understanding of tables, variables and strings then I wouldn't recommend going that route and trying to edit that yourself.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2015-03-11 10:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Quixacotl

I tried your rules for Mega-obi and, it's very great !!

But i have a request for you, is it possible to add a fonction for Hightiers spells ? Because when i nuke during weather/day, Obi is equiped, but all my spells are in Tiers1 sets.

Thank u
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-11 14:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Post or PM me your lua and I'll look at it.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-12 11:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Questions on augmented gear:

1. Why does it seem that some augments needs to be exact to what is shown on screen (e.g. "Triple Atk."+2) but some are not (e.g. "Mag.Atk.Bns."+25 not having spaces)? Is there a list of when the exceptions need to be made?

2. Do you need to list all augments or just augments that can differentiate two of the same pieces. For example, one Taeon is for Leaden with MAB, same slot has ACC and TA+2. Do I need to use all augments to differentiate or can I just use the MAB for the first and the TA+2 for the second?

Misc. Question:

1. Can you change color of text sent through GS? I have COR GS that shows lucky and unlucky, but want to add color instead of all text being white. Here's the code:

Code
function display_roll_info(spell)
     rollinfo = rolls[spell.english]
     local rollsize = (state.LuzafRing.value and 'Large') or 'Small'

if rollinfo then
          add_to_chat(104, spell.english..' provides a bonus to '..rollinfo.bonus..'. Roll size: '..rollsize)
          add_to_chat(104, 'Lucky roll is '..tostring(rollinfo.lucky)..', Unlucky roll is '..tostring(rollinfo.unlucky)..'.')
     end
end
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-12 11:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You see that 104 in add_to_chat? That's the color setting. Adjust to preference.

Listing one Augment will usually work, so long and there's not another piece that shares the same aug to be confused with. But it's probably better to list them all.

Are you familiar with //gs export? It will list your currently equipped gear in a lua file. Including exact augments. //gs export inv will do so with your entire inventory.

So there's really no need to manually input augments.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-12 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
You see that 104 in add_to_chat? That's the color setting. Adjust to preference.

Listing one Augment will usually work, so long and there's not another piece that shares the same aug to be confused with. But it's probably better to list them all.

Are you familiar with //gs export? It will list your currently equipped gear in a lua file. Including exact augments. //gs export inv will do so with your entire inventory.

So there's really no need to manually input augments.

Thanks! Forgot about the //gs export function... that's a huge help.

As for the text, would you know how to change just certain text within the string? Not at my home computer, but assume changing the 104 will change all text color. I'm just looking to change the lucky and unlucky numbers.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-12 15:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't the slightest idea how to do that.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-12 15:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

GS is currently having issues reading the new gear augments. Hence, it won't equip. Fortunately there's a fall-back system but it requires some additional steps.

To get the correct augment table, equip it then do //gs export. Your export folder will contain the lua and aug stats that you need to add to GS.

You can equip like-items, but with different augments, at the proper time by using this in your lua (example).
Code
-- augmented gear
QaaxoFeet = {}
QaaxoFeet.R15A = {name="Qaaxo Leggings", augments={'Attack+15','Evasion+15','"Dbl.Atk."+2'}} -- table becomes a variable.
QaaxoFeet.R15B = {name="Qaaxo Leggings", augments={'Accuracy+15','STR+7','Phys. dmg. taken -3'}} -- table becomes a variable.

sets.engaged = {feet=QaaxoFeet.R15B} -- feet=variable. notice no ".
sets.precast.WS = {feet=QaaxoFeet.R15A} -- feet=variable. notice no ".

One of the problems with Mote's Cor example is that the default rollinfo color hardly stands out. In fact, it's nearly the same (to me) as battle spam. I changed the color number so that it stands out. The '158' represents the GS add_to_chat color but you can try other colors.
Code
if rollinfo then
    add_to_chat(158, spell.english..' provides a bonus to '..rollinfo.bonus..'.  Roll size: '..rollsize)
    add_to_chat(158, 'Lucky roll is '..tostring(rollinfo.lucky)..', Unlucky roll is '..tostring(rollinfo.unlucky)..'.')
end

It is not possible to have two or more colors in the same chatline. This won't work:
add_to_chat(158, 'This is ', 104, 'one line.')
or this:
add_to_chat(158, 'This is ');add_to_chat(104, 'one line.')
 Valefor.Caivian
user: Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-12 15:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Using rolltracker.lua as an example to figure out the chat color changing thing, I was able to get chat colors to change within one line using the following:

Code
windower.add_to_chat(1,'test ' ..string.char(31,13).. 'testagain')

The color should be able to be changed by playing with one or both values in string.char(#,#). I didn't mess with them after the point of just getting color to change in-line.

Also, this shouldn't require any includes that aren't already included with gearswap itself.

Edit:
To play with this quickly and get an idea of what changes do what, you can create an addon file in a folder with whatever name (in this example, TT) and load/reload it with new values each time. To test your values with this example, you'd just type TT or tt in the console.
Code
_addon.name = 'TT'
_addon.commands = {'TT', 'tt'}
windower.register_event('addon command', function(...)
	windower.add_to_chat(1,'test' ..string.char(31,13).. 'testagain')
end)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-12 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just been putting the augmented items from export directly in my gear sets. Which has been working just fine.

I suppose the other way has the advantage of only having to replace one augment table if augs change, but with find and replace that's not really much of an issue.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-12 20:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caivian said: »
Using rolltracker.lua as an example to figure out the chat color changing thing, I was able to get chat colors to change within one line using the following:

Code

The color should be able to be changed by playing with one or both values in string.char(#,#). I didn't mess with them after the point of just getting color to change in-line. [/code]

You rock! I was able to update it with the following code, making lucky green and unlucky red:
Code
    if rollinfo then
        add_to_chat(104, spell.english..' provides a bonus to '..rollinfo.bonus..'.  Roll size: '..rollsize)
        add_to_chat(104, 'Lucky roll is '..string.char(31,158)..tostring(rollinfo.lucky)..string.char(31,104)..', Unlucky roll is '..string.char(31,167)..tostring(rollinfo.unlucky)..string.char(31,104)..'.')
    end
By Selindrile 2015-03-12 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

pet.isvalid sometimes contains the incorrect value when using it within

windower.register_event('action', function(act)

tried using player.pet.isvalid but that didn't work either, is there something i need to use specifically there to make sure it knows I'm referring to my own pet?
 Valefor.Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-12 23:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
pet.isvalid sometimes contains the incorrect value when using it within

tried using player.pet.isvalid but that didn't work either, is there something i need to use specifically there to make sure it knows I'm referring to my own pet?
Can you post the bit of code that isn't working?
By Selindrile 2015-03-12 23:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Code

if not midaction() then
		if checkgeo() then return
		elseif checknuke() then return
		end
	end

end)

function checkgeo()
	if state.AutoBuffMode.value then
		if not player.indi then
			windower.send_command('input /ma "Indi-Acumen" <me>')
			return true 
		elseif not pet.isvalid then
			windower.send_command('input /ma "Geo-Refresh" <me>')
			return true
		else
			return false
		end
	else
			return false
	end
end
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-13 00:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Caivian said: »

Code

The color should be able to be changed by playing with one or both values in string.char(#,#). I didn't mess with them after the point of just getting color to change in-line.
Nice tip thank you for posting! I stand corrected.
 Valefor.Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-13 00:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Best I can tell, pet.isvalid is specific to your character, so I don't think there is a way for it to not know you're referring to your own pet. I'm unsure why it wouldn't work all the time, but would some of the time...

If you're willing to try it, maybe move the checks you're doing out of a register_event and into a status_change function that gearswap already deals with:
By Selindrile 2015-03-13 00:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already used it inside job_buff_change, and job_update

and it was correct every time so far as I could tell, which is why I was wondering if it behaved differently inside register_event due to the actor potentially being different, can check that specifically, in a couple.
 Valefor.Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-13 01:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to avoid the potential different actor, you can try using this:
Code
if ((actor == (player.id or player.index)))

I'm a little fuzzy on when you're wanting this to fire the checks that wouldn't be covered with status_change and job_update.

Maybe just verifying you're the actor would ensure it doesn't fail?
By Selindrile 2015-03-13 01:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got to what I wanted with a self command loop, still curious as to why it sometimes it was false when it shouldn't have been.

Current issue: Always getting "aattempt to yield across metamethod/C-Ccall boundry"

when trying to use coroutine.sleep in gearswap.
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-03-14 01:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Current issue: Always getting "aattempt to yield across metamethod/C-Ccall boundry"

when trying to use coroutine.sleep in gearswap.

coroutine.sleep is an extension provided by Windower, it is implemented as a call to coroutine.yield that schedules the function to resume at some point in the future instead of immediately. Stock Lua 5.1 is not able to yield across a metamethod call, which are used quite extensively in Gearswap internally last time I checked.
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-16 01:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Good evening folks,

I have been using the skillup.lua posted in the gearswap shop thread for a little while, and sometimes it will randomly stop working...
By stop working, I mean, for example: I will start the summoning magic skill up, then it will summon for 10 or 15 minutes or so, then it will miss a command somewhere or something, resulting in "release" not being sent, which sends me into an endless loop of "Kitha already has a pet". Does anybody know a solution to this? I have tried elongating wait timers inbetween casts, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

This is the original code, and I haven't changed a thing except making wait timers longer than they are in this version. Any help is appreciated.
By Selindrile 2015-03-17 02:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Iryoku said: »
Stock Lua 5.1 is not able to yield across a metamethod call, which are used quite extensively in Gearswap internally last time I checked.

Interesting, is there anything else I should be using in it's place?

What I'm currently doing is just creating a windower command with a wait and then a selfcommand to start the loop over, but there's some limits to that rather than using coroutine.sleep.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 181 182 183