First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 181 182 183
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-17 20:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
I trying to get this to work am i missing something? I doesnt do the cure upgrade and i dont see it being called when i use debugmode.
Code
function job_pretarget(spell)
    if T{"Pollen","Wild Carrot","Magic Fruit","Plenilune Embrace","Restoral"}:contains(spell.name) and spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not spell.target.charmed and AutoAga == 1 then
        if not party_index_lookup(spell.target.name) then
            return
        end
        local target_count = 0
        local total_hpp_deficit = 0
        for i=1,party.count do          
                if party[i].hpp<75 and party[i].status_id ~= 2 and party[i].status_id ~= 3 then
                    target_count = target_count + 1
                    total_hpp_deficit = total_hpp_deficit + (100 - party[i].hpp)
                end
            end
            if target_count > 1 then
                cancel_spell()
                if total_hpp_deficit / target_count > Curaga_benchmark then           
                    windower.send_command(';input /ma "White Wind" '..spell.target.name..';')
                else
                    windower.send_command(';input /ma "Healing Breeze" '..spell.target.name..';')
                end
            end
    end 
end 
Cures = S{'Pollen','Wild Carrot','Magic Fruit','Plenilune Embrace','Restoral'}
Curagas = S{'Healing Breeze','White Wind',}
AutoAga = 1
Curaga_benchmark = 40

You created a Table which you'e not using (I assume you copied the one I sent you in PM) so the first part should delete the T table.
Code
 if Cures:contains(spell.name) and spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not spell.target.charmed and AutoAga == 1 then

You will also note you're using job_pretarget, are you using motes? Because that's the wrong syntax.

In the one I sent you it was ~
Code
function pretarget(spell)
However when you do target "PLAYER" it doesn;t count yourself as a player so if you are targetting yourself, it won't work

If you are using motes, the coding is entirely different because of the way he handles pretarget in his includes.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-17 20:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

However I don't even know why you would want this on BLU anyways, get a better WHM support you shouldn't be using AoE cures let alone even setting them.

if the WHM does not have the capability to hit a macro every 3 seconds for curaga 3/4 drop the failure and get a better player, it's not difficult and your time/DPS is better used elsewhere.

This isn't really GS however if your WHM is using curaga 3 and you started casting an AoE cure, you either

A. wasted the WHM's MP.
B. wasted your own.

Neither seems like a win and is actually detrimental to the WHM as they get 0 mp return.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-17 20:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
function pretarget(spell)
    if Cures:contains(spell.name) and spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not spell.target.charmed and AutoAga == 1 then
        if not party_index_lookup(spell.target.name) then
            return
        end
        local target_count = 0
        local total_hpp_deficit = 0
        for i=1,party.count do          
                if party[i].hpp<75 and party[i].status_id ~= 2 and party[i].status_id ~= 3 then
                    target_count = target_count + 1
                    total_hpp_deficit = total_hpp_deficit + (100 - party[i].hpp)
                end
            end
            if target_count > 1 then
                cancel_spell()
                if total_hpp_deficit / target_count > Curaga_benchmark then           
                    windower.send_command(';input /ma "White Wind" '..spell.target.name..';')
                else
                    windower.send_command(';input /ma "Healing Breeze" '..spell.target.name..';')
                end
            end
    end 
end 
Cures = S{'Pollen','Wild Carrot','Magic Fruit','Plenilune Embrace','Restoral'}
Curagas = S{'Healing Breeze','White Wind',}
AutoAga = 1
Curaga_benchmark = 40

I am using motes i did job_pretarget because most of his code starts job_..
Also how do i get it to count myself for the upgrade function, i didnt know it wouldnt count me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-17 21:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Delete ~

spell.target.type == 'PLAYER'

should make it work, if you're using motes his stuff does affect pretarget stuff differently, I'm not too familiar with his includes as I didn't like them (prefer coding my own stuff), so you may need to keep the job_pretarget if thats he set it up.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-17 23:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As always thank you I will try this out and see if it works. I wish I could strip it down but my coding isn't so good, I'm winging it off of what lua wiki had written and what's in the gearswap rules and instructions
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2015-01-18 16:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I decided to attempt to use a premade gearswap from the shop thread on BG and plug in my gear for WAR. It has been throwing back an error when it doesn't equip my idle gear or switch to my TP gear on mobs after the first mob.

The error I'm getting is when I have Bravura equipped:
GearSwap: Lua runtime error: GearSwap/flow.lua:295:
GearSwap has detected an error in the user function status_change:
Sulia_WAR.lua:159: attempt to index field 'Bravura' (a nil value)

The error I get when I have another weapon equipped:
GearSwap: Lua runtime error: GearSwap/flow.lua:295:
GearSwap has detected an error in the user function status_change:
Sulia_WAR.lua:164: attempt to index field 'Razorfury' (a nil value)

Pastebin of the Lua with my gear input. I know it's kind of redundant with the gear in areas, but I'm really not used to GearSwap. Thank you for your help in advance.
By Refia1 2015-01-18 20:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Some reason my gearswap doesnt fully change to my MAB set for spells if I spam them. Is this suppose to happen?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-18 20:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
Some reason my gearswap doesnt fully change to my MAB set for spells if I spam them. Is this suppose to happen?

Depends on the file + if you are using /showswaps or eyeballing tbh
By Refia1 2015-01-18 20:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyeballing mostly cuz my spells do 50 dmg and that isn't possible when its on lvl 50 mobs... Multiple times in an hour or so. It is defitinately happening cuz it happnes often, what would cause this to happen in a gearswap file
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-18 20:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyeballing mostly cuz my spells do 50 dmg and that isn't possible when its on lvl 50 mobs... Multiple times in an hour or so. It is defitinately happening cuz it happnes often, what would cause this to happen in a gearswap file

if you are spamming and you have not finished casting the return packet might not be recived, if your GS file has a rule thats call Midaction() that checks before changing gear, this would stop it changing as it thinks it's still mid action.

Again without seeing the file I couldn't be 100% sure.
By Refia1 2015-01-18 20:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

nah i cast the spell and wait a few seconds and cast it again and i know it wont swap all my gear cuz it gets low dmg on like 4 mobs that are lvl 50ish, so that cant be possible for all them to resist at the same time.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-18 20:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

nah i cast the spell and wait a few seconds and cast it again and i know it wont swap all my gear cuz it gets low dmg on like 4 mobs that are lvl 50ish, so that cant be possible for all them to resist at the same time.

paste the file I'l have a look
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-19 11:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen or posted a rule that locks in timer items once they are equipped? Rr earrings, warp rings etc. I'd like to add it for Zeni picture taking, I turn off GS currently so it doesn't remove the camera and film when I do any action what so ever. Also does GS read those timers on items?
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2015-01-19 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
However I don't even know why you would want this on BLU anyways, get a better WHM support you shouldn't be using AoE cures let alone even setting them.

if the WHM does not have the capability to hit a macro every 3 seconds for curaga 3/4 drop the failure and get a better player, it's not difficult and your time/DPS is better used elsewhere.

This isn't really GS however if your WHM is using curaga 3 and you started casting an AoE cure, you either

A. wasted the WHM's MP.
B. wasted your own.

Neither seems like a win and is actually detrimental to the WHM as they get 0 mp return.

I have been planning a all blu Mage incursion. Something fun for the people who main the job on my server.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sithel
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wildman33
By Quetzalcoatl.Sithel 2015-01-19 11:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone seen or posted a rule that locks in timer items once they are equipped? Rr earrings, warp rings etc. I'd like to add it for Zeni picture taking, I turn off GS currently so it doesn't remove the camera and film when I do any action what so ever. Also does GS read those timers on items?
This should work in the status_change(new,old) function
Code
function status_change(new,old)	
        if player.equipment.back == 'Mecisto. Mantle' then	
		disable('back')
	else
		enable('back')
	end
end

Just change .back and gear to whatever you need.
You could also as a quick fix without adding anything to your gearswap. Equip say you Warp Ring on ring1 then then in chat type //gs disable ring1
It will stay locked til you type //gs enable ring1
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-01-19 11:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no reason to disable gearswap. //gs disable range, ammo will do the trick.

If you really wanted, you could put something like this in status_change. i.e. Check either your range or ammo slot for whatever you have equipped, and disable the slots.
Code
if newStatus == "Engaged" or newStatus == "Idle" then
    if player.equipment.range == 'Soultrapper' then
       disable('range', 'ammo')
    else
       enable('range', 'ammo') 
    end
end

Rings are a different situation. You're likely standing idle trying to warp or use an exp ring, but GS is taking the ring off as you gain or lose buffs. For this reason, the following would go in job_buff_change()

This isn't perfect, but I tried to keep it concise. The problem arises when using an exp/cp ring. It will remain equipped indefinitely, unless I check for the Dedication buff status.
Code
    if S{'Warp', 'Vocation'}:contains(player.equipment.ring2) then
        if not buffactive['Dedication'] then
            disable('ring2')
        end
    else
        enable('ring2')
    end

I've yet to test any of this.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-01-19 15:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I'm having a tough time with my the function to equip an elemental obi based on day/weather elements. The functions look extremely simple, so I'm not sure what's wrong on my end. This is for my COR file. I am using Mote's basic COR file, including the globals. Here's my setup so far:

In my function init_gear_sets() i have:

sets.Obi = {}

sets.Obi.Fire = {waist='Karin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Earth = {waist='Dorin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Water = {waist='Suirin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Wind = {waist='Furin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Ice = {waist='Hyorin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Thunder = {waist='Rairin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Light = {waist='Korin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Dark = {waist='Anrin Obi'}

and at the end I have the following function:

function precast(spell)
if spell.english == 'Fire Shot' or spell.english == 'Ice Shot' or spell.english == 'Wind Shot' or spell.english == 'Earth Shot' or spell.english == 'Thunder Shot' or spell.english == 'Water Shot' then
if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell.element == world.day_element then
equip(sets.Obi[spell.element])
end
end
end

What am I missing?
By Yandaime 2015-01-19 17:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm pretty new to gearswap and I barely understand how it works. I wanted to know how to set up Accuracy modes and tie them to ONE toggle.

Presently, I am using several swap files that are bound together by my F5-F8 keys. I would like to only use ONE file for the binds but I don't know how to bind OffenseMode and WeaponskillMode to ONE key.

Honestly, It seems a little silly to me that they would be separated in the first place but I'm sure there's a good reason for that.

I have tried:

send_command('bind f5 cycle OffenseMode')
send_command('bind f5 cycle WeaponskillMode')

but instead of cycling both modes, it only cycles WeaponskillMode, probably because its the more recent of the two commands..

I have also tried

send_command('bind f5 toggle OffenseMode and WeaponskillMode')

as well as

send_command('bind f5 toggle OffenseMode & WeaponskillMode')

but neither work :(

I'm certain there's a way to hit one button and change my entire Acc mode, not just my Melee or WS lol

This is probably the most simple question ever, please forgive me.
Thank you for your time xD
 Cerberus.Leires
user: Shadowkun
By Cerberus.Leires 2015-01-19 20:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I help a friend manage their GS via dropbox. Going DNC, I downloaded the DNC.lua template Works great for my DNC. However when they try it on their DNC they receive the following error anytime an action is taken (jig, engage, step etc...). No changes were made to any files after downloading Gearswap and DNC.lua and prevents all swaps.

"~~~[file location prefix]/windower4/gearswap/equip_processing.lua.258: attempt to index field "?" (a nil value)"

However I do not receive this error on my dnc even when launching from their files. The biggest difference between us is that they are a Mythic dnc, and I am not. Below is the section the error points to, lines 249 - 269 in equip_processing (underlined section being line 258)

function to_names_set(equipment)
local equip_package = {}

for ind,cur_item in pairs(equipment) do
local name = 'empty'
if type(cur_item) == 'table' and cur_item.slot ~= empty then
if items[to_windower_api(res.bags[cur_item.bag_id].english)][cur_item.slot].id == 0 then return {} end
-- refresh_player() can run after equip packets arrive but before the item array is fully loaded,
-- which results in the id still being the initialization value.
name = res.items[items[to_windower_api(res.bags[cur_item.bag_id].english)][cur_item.slot].id][language]
end

if tonumber(ind) and ind >= 0 and ind <= 15 and math.floor(ind) == ind then
equip_package[toslotname(ind)] = name
else
equip_package[tostring(ind)] = name
end
end

return equip_package
end

Please help on how to resolve this?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-19 23:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leires said: »
I help a friend manage their GS via dropbox. Going DNC, I downloaded the DNC.lua template Works great for my DNC. However when they try it on their DNC they receive the following error anytime an action is taken (jig, engage, step etc...). No changes were made to any files after downloading Gearswap and DNC.lua and prevents all swaps.

"~~~[file location prefix]/windower4/gearswap/equip_processing.lua.258: attempt to index field "?" (a nil value)"

However I do not receive this error on my dnc even when launching from their files. The biggest difference between us is that they are a Mythic dnc, and I am not. Below is the section the error points to, lines 249 - 269 in equip_processing (underlined section being line 258)

local equip_package = {}

local name = 'empty'
if items[to_windower_api(res.bags[cur_item.bag_id].english)][cur_item.slot].id == 0 then return {} end
-- refresh_player() can run after equip packets arrive but before the item array is fully loaded,
name = res.items[items[to_windower_api(res.bags[cur_item.bag_id].english)][cur_item.slot].id][language]
end

else
end
end

return equip_package
end

Sounds like his virus protection needs disabling as it's blocking a resources update.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-19 23:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
Hello, I'm pretty new to gearswap and I barely understand how it works. I wanted to know how to set up Accuracy modes and tie them to ONE toggle.

Presently, I am using several swap files that are bound together by my F5-F8 keys. I would like to only use ONE file for the binds but I don't know how to bind OffenseMode and WeaponskillMode to ONE key.

Honestly, It seems a little silly to me that they would be separated in the first place but I'm sure there's a good reason for that.

I have tried:

but instead of cycling both modes, it only cycles WeaponskillMode, probably because its the more recent of the two commands..

I have also tried

as well as

I'm certain there's a way to hit one button and change my entire Acc mode, not just my Melee or WS lol

Certain ws's get a +100 accuracy boost (they all do on the first hit) meaning acc modes may not even be required on ws.
 Cerberus.Leires
user: Shadowkun
By Cerberus.Leires 2015-01-20 05:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

local equip_package = {}

local name = 'empty'
end

else
end
end

return equip_package
end

Sounds like his virus protection needs disabling as it's blocking a resources update.
Thanks for the input Conagh. Completely disabled their McAfee however still received the error. Any idea what else could be blocking the resource update?
 Leviathan.Scoobyru
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scoobyru 2015-01-20 07:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

idk if any one could help me but i was wondering if theres a way to write a lua that i could cast a geo spell on my trust and then full circle rinse and repeat till skills capped?? tried the lua skill up script but that gives like 1 skill up in 2hrs much quicker to cast on trusts getting easy 30 skill ups an hr that way .
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-01-20 08:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Scoobyru said: »
idk if any one could help me but i was wondering if theres a way to write a lua that i could cast a geo spell on my trust and then full circle rinse and repeat till skills capped?? tried the lua skill up script but that gives like 1 skill up in 2hrs much quicker to cast on trusts getting easy 30 skill ups an hr that way .

Couldn't you just target your trust and do "/ma 'GEO spell name' <t>"? That's what I did for enhancing skill ups, and also used a basic script (before gearswap came out).

So you could make a script called skill.txt, which has the following commands:
input /ma "Geo spell name" <t>;
wait 3
wait 3

copy and paste that about 500 times, then type in /console exec skill.txt. I made my script cast about 500 protect's and had no problems skilling up while afk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Scoobyru
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scoobyru 2015-01-20 08:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
Leviathan.Scoobyru said: »

Couldn't you just target your trust and do "/ma 'GEO spell name' <t>"? That's what I did for enhancing skill ups, and also used a basic script (before gearswap came out).

So you could make a script called skill.txt, which has the following commands:
wait 3
wait 3

copy and paste that about 500 times, then type in /console exec skill.txt. I made my script cast about 500 protect's and had no problems skilling up while afk.

actually thats great idea i didnt know u could do that thank you :D
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-01-20 18:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
Hi all,

I'm having a tough time with my the function to equip an elemental obi based on day/weather elements. The functions look extremely simple, so I'm not sure what's wrong on my end. This is for my COR file. I am using Mote's basic COR file, including the globals. Here's my setup so far:
--
What am I missing?

Here ya go.
Code
function init_gear_sets()
	-- stuff
	-- stuff

sets.precast.CorsairShot = {waist="Aquiline Belt"}

-- Elemental Obis --
	sets.obi = {}
	sets.obi['Fire'] = {waist="Karin Obi"}
	sets.obi['Ice'] = {waist="Hyorin Obi"}
	sets.obi['Wind'] = {waist="Furin Obi"}
	sets.obi['Earth'] = {waist="Dorin Obi"}
	sets.obi['Lightning'] = {waist="Rairin Obi"}
	sets.obi['Water'] = {waist="Suirin Obi"}
end

function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.type == 'CorsairShot' then
		equip(sets.precast.CorsairShot)
		update_obi()
	end
end

function update_obi()
	if spell.name == 'Fire Shot' then
		equip(sets.obi['Fire'])
	elseif spell.name == 'Ice Shot' then
		equip(sets.obi['Ice'])
	elseif spell.name == 'Wind Shot' then
		equip(sets.obi['Wind'])
	elseif spell.name == 'Earth Shot' then
		equip(sets.obi['Earth'])
	elseif spell.name == 'Water Shot' then
		equip(sets.obi['Water'])
	elseif spell.name == 'Thunder Shot' then
		equip(sets.obi['Lightning'])
	end
end
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-01-20 19:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »

I have tried:

I have also tried

as well as

I figured it out (no easy feat). Yes you can set multiple variables with one Keybind which opens up many possibilities. You have to do it like this:
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- User setup functions for this job.  Recommend that these be overridden in a sidecar file.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Setup vars that are user-dependent.  Can override this function in a sidecar file.
function user_setup()
    state.OffenseMode:options('Normal', 'SomeAcc', 'Acc', 'Fodder')
    state.WeaponskillMode:options('Normal', 'SomeAcc', 'Acc', 'Fodder')
    state.HybridMode:options('Normal', 'PDT', 'Counter')
    state.PhysicalDefenseMode:options('PDT', 'HP')

update_combat_form()
    update_melee_groups()

-------------------------------
    -- Additional local keybinds --
    -------------------------------

send_command('bind f5 gs c set OffenseMode Acc;gs c set WeaponskillMode Acc')

select_default_macro_book()
end

-- Called when this job file is unloaded (eg: job change)
function user_unload()
    send_command('unbind f5')
end
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-20 22:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

local equip_package = {}

local name = 'empty'
end

else
end
end

return equip_package
end

Thanks for the input Conagh. Completely disabled their McAfee however still received the error. Any idea what else could be blocking the resource update?

Not a clue, if you or your friend want I can jump on my DNC with Mythic and try your GS file out see if I can replicate, alternatively TEamView and debug it from their end.

PM me if interested
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 181 182 183