New Augment results
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 70 71 72
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-22 23:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

But also what u have to factor in to Hagun Vs this thingy, is the fact u can stack moar haste, moar acc or w/e in the slots that had ur Stp too

So not only do u 5 hit, u can have more haste(example) making it even better
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-22 23:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Nightfyre said:
Karusan said:
Very true, but at 50k a pop (if you have them synth'd, not off AH... I think) you have 60x5=300 tries! :D

Opportunity cost, aka time spent trying to get augment rather than doing anything else.

You going to factor the time getting 3mil as well?

As long as you factor the time farming for this GKT, yes. I'm aware that tilts it in Rindomaru's favor, but it's worth considering, especially if you're determined to get a particular augment configuration.
 Fenrir.Martin
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-22 23:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN got av perp -3
add effect poison +4

I got on my GK
acc+6
wsacc+3
stp +11

nin got dmg+3 acc+6 crit rate+3

sch got
macc+5 ele magic+4 thunder dmg+13

the drg got
3 dmg 2 str 1 hp
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-22 23:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Martin said:
SMN got av perp -3
add effect poison +4

I got on my GK
acc+6
wsacc+3
stp +11

nin got dmg+3 acc+6 crit rate+3

sch got
macc+5 ele magic+4 thunder dmg+13

the drg got
3 dmg 2 str 1 hp

So you got a free Bahamut's Staff -1, a GKT that lets you focus completely on Haste and/or achieve 5hit, and a couple of meh pieces. Nice haul o.o
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 23:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with a 6 hit using normal standard gear, you could only top out at 20%~ haste while keeping a 6 hit anyhow. But this 5 hit ordeal does bring about a whole new way to look at samurai gear.

I for one can't want until i get bumped over into medals... i JUST lost my wings of honor the day before the update ><. I want that store TP+20 in campaign strap... try that baby out with the soboro in campaign lol.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-07-22 23:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

some others of mine
User submitted image
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-07-23 00:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
Well with a 6 hit using normal standard gear, you could only top out at 20%~ haste while keeping a 6 hit anyhow. But this 5 hit ordeal does bring about a whole new way to look at samurai gear.

I for one can't want until i get bumped over into medals... i JUST lost my wings of honor the day before the update ><. I want that store TP+20 in campaign strap... try that baby out with the soboro in campaign lol.

In Campaing it'll be +24 sTP? or only +20?
Since the strap has normally +4 and in campaign +20
it can be proven easilly with the other pieces
or maybe with besieged pieces ppl has noticed this?
 Fenrir.Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-23 00:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

drg got
dmg +5 str+2 add effect flash +5

I got on my GK
acc+3 store tp +9 add effect para +12

nin got acc+3 add effect poison +3

sch got int+2 macc+7 add effect fire +9
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-23 00:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Martin said:
drg got
dmg +5 str+2 add effect flash +5

I got on my GK
acc+3 store tp +9 add effect para +12

nin got acc+3 add effect poison +3

sch got int+2 macc+7 add effect fire +9

lol i dont get it... additional effect: Poison+3 = what? stronger poison effect? or more often? lol. WTF SE.
 Fenrir.Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-23 00:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

we think it means 3% proc
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-23 00:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Poison has a 3% proc rate. It's not that complicated.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-23 00:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Full of WIN!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-23 00:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:

/comfort
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-23 00:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:

Aha. Ahahaha.

ROFLMAO

That totally makes up for the INT+6 weskit earlier.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-07-23 00:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A few augments we just did:

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-23 00:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
The guy above me who posted about not needing WS ACC+ on G.kat. Please STFU D:

even if your at the ACC cap youll still miss WS's. Not to mention the WS accuracy+ also helps land critical WS damage, and you should really know that. kthnxbai.

I'm no sam, so I won't comment about whether Hagun or new GKT is better or anything about 5hit vs 6 hit... but this... if youre capped at 95% acc ... you're capped at 95% acc. you'll still miss some hits, and you'll still miss some weaponskills. I don't see why adding more accuracy (wsacc) would make any difference? Am i missing something? I'm confused. Also Dex helps with crit hits, and only on certain weaponskills. WSacc and Macc dont have anything to do with crits that I've read...
 Siren.Bigdogg
user: BigDogg
By Siren.Bigdogg 2009-07-23 00:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Altar said:
Clinpachi said:

even if your at the ACC cap youll still miss WS's. Not to mention the WS accuracy+ also helps land critical WS damage, and you should really know that. kthnxbai.

I'm no sam, so I won't comment about whether Hagun or new GKT is better or anything about 5hit vs 6 hit... but this... if youre capped at 95% acc ... you're capped at 95% acc. you'll still miss some hits, and you'll still miss some weaponskills. I don't see why adding more accuracy (wsacc) would make any difference? Am i missing something? I'm confused. Also Dex helps with crit hits, and only on certain weaponskills. WSacc and Macc dont have anything to do with crits that I've read...

There are a couple other threads floating around with tests on WSACC. You must have missed that boat. Apparently people are hitting higher numbers more reliably with it.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-23 00:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigdogg said:
Altar said:
Clinpachi said:

There are a couple other threads floating around with tests on WSACC. You must have missed that boat. Apparently people are hitting higher numbers more reliably with it.

Pretty much... my MKT expansion head is putting out unusually higher numbers and i doubt the STR+1 is making that difference in its entirety.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-23 00:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Altar said:
Clinpachi said:

I'm kind of confused as well. lol It was discovered awhile back, I think by Hakamaru or someone on Allah that Y/G/K have natural ACC boosts anyway that leave them capped in most situations. With pizza becoming more and more popular it's almost completely moot in any given situation, really, being why in general SAMs toss acc right out the *** door in WS sets now. lol

No idea what is meant by "land critical WS damage" either unless the word critical is being used in a literal sense of importance? lol SAMs have no WSs with criticals in them and as Altar stated once you're capped you're capped, no getting that 5% acc gap.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mozart
user:
By Fenrir.Mozart 2009-07-23 00:40:52
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using WS acc +15 STR +4/ Acc +10 Attack+5 for penta spam in merits. It's godlike. Has anyone parsed 5hit G.kat vs. Hagun yet or read about it?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-23 00:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Altar said:
Clinpachi said:

I'm kind of confused as well. lol It was discovered awhile back, I think by Hakamaru or someone on Allah that Y/G/K have natural ACC boosts anyway that leave them capped in most situations. With pizza becoming more and more popular it's almost completely moot in any given situation, really, being why in general SAMs toss acc right out the *** door in WS sets now. lol

No idea what is meant by "land critical WS damage" either unless the word critical is being used in a literal sense of importance? lol SAMs have no WSs with criticals in them and as Altar stated once you're capped you're capped, no getting that 5% acc gap.

The only example i can give that people can understand is how magic ACC prevents you from getting resisted or low damage... it doesn't WORK the same that's defiantly not what i'm saying. And yeah if your at the 95% cap you can still miss. All i'm saying by WS ACC is that im getting less "resist damage" and more higher end damage.

I hope that makes sense at least in those terms.
 Fenrir.Mozart
user:
By Fenrir.Mozart 2009-07-23 00:53:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

WS acc+ works just like acc+ on a 1 hit WS. For Y/G/K, It's not doing anything because Y/G/K acc caps at 95%. There's no point in bridging that 5%, feel free to do so though. You should use hachiman domaru and get rid of that kirin's osode if that is the case.
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-07-23 01:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

The good news is I don't have to camp Vbow now :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-23 01:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory: DOMARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'll look around and see if I can dig up some links to wsacc if other people are interested.
Unless somebody else already has some?
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-23 01:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
User submitted image

The good news is I don't have to camp Vbow now :/

lol damn, that sucks..
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-23 01:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Numbers without MKT head piece sofar on greater colibri nyzul camp:

Numbers WITH MKT head piece sofar on greater colibri nyzul camp:

I doubt that +1 STR is keeping me on the high 900/1000+ side. I don't personally believe that WS ACC and ACC are fully related... but yet there is no proof at this time. And the reason people WS in osode over domaru is more STR for the 75% modifier on Y/G/K. In either case i've always seen higher or more consistent numbers with more WSACC.

Regardless it's just an added bonus that you don't have to eat food 24/7 or have other top gear to be at ACC cap. The true power behind this Gkatana is the 5 hit setup possibility. You could even have a 4 hit in campaign battle with that new strap.

To even do considerable parse damage a SAM must always have a 6 hit, the reason being less hits to WS. But now that 5 hit is easily accessible with some farming/time put into it... there is no reason not to achieve a 5 hit with as much haste as you can.

And that's the bottom line on this new weapon.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-23 01:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in seeing what Clinpachi's talking about considering it seems he's already aware of what Altar and I are talking about. D: I mean if I understand it correctly, the claim is that there's a correlation somehow between extra WS acc and more consistent top-end WS dmg given the way WS dmg has a little bit of wiggle room. It sounds freaking ridiculous out loud, but if a credible source has some form of proof I'd be really interested in reading regardless. lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-23 01:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
I'm interested in seeing what Clinpachi's talking about considering it seems he's already aware of what Altar and I are talking about. D: I mean if I understand it correctly, the claim is that there's a correlation somehow between extra WS acc and more consistent top-end WS dmg given the way WS dmg has a little bit of wiggle room. It sounds freaking ridiculous out loud, but if a credible source has some form of proof I'd be really interested in reading regardless. lol

Yes that's what im saying and i agree it seems ridiculous but do understand that the only things that had this before was hachiman and everyone lol's at the domaruuuuu mostly because of the bandwagon SAM's that TP in it. But now that this Gkatana and MTK expansion head have rediculous amounts on it, im noticing a decent end consistent damage.

Either way thats not my main argument of the Gkatana, the 5 hit build is... which in no way shape or form can be denied.
[+]
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-23 01:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i definitely see a decline in hagun price in the near future
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia