First Page 2 3 4 ... 70 71 72
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 20:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone just got a Gkatana with Store TP+12, STR+3, WS Accuracy+7

as soon as i can confirm it bricks will be shat.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 20:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

This is a different one i just found... ill still try to get the STR+3 instead of dark damage crap.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-22 20:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:

bricks would be shat, iuno what it parses Vs a Hagun but u get 6 hit w/ no gear and full merits, and probably get a viable 5 hit if u try decently, intereseting to see,

i like this one

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=21686
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 20:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Clinpachi said:

bricks would be shat, iuno what it parses Vs a Hagun but u get 6 hit w/ no gear and full merits, and probably get a viable 5 hit if u try decently, intereseting to see,

i like this one

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=21686

A 5 hit will beat out hagun in any DoT.

Store TP+12, STR+3, WS Accuracy+7 would beat out hagun just for the 5 hit and WS ACC alone. if you could get STR+3 its more to stack on damage.

Sorry but hagun met it's match if we can confirm that with SS.

If you also plan to get the STR+6, WSACC+15, Haste+2 headpiece from MTK expansion... youll have OVER +20 WS ACC. The STR+3 is critical because not only is that the main modifier in Y/K/G it also gives a hint of extra attack (althogh it isnt much but still).

I'm pretty excited...
[+]
 Fenrir.Mozart
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Mozart 2009-07-22 22:15:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

The guy above me who posted about needing WS acc+ on a G.kat. Please STFU. D:
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 22:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy above me who posted about not needing WS ACC+ on G.kat. Please STFU D:

even if your at the ACC cap youll still miss WS's. Not to mention the WS accuracy+ also helps land critical WS damage, and you should really know that. kthnxbai.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mozart
user:
By Fenrir.Mozart 2009-07-22 22:22:55

lol, what are you talking about? YGK acc caps at 95% and you don't need acc AT ALL. Unless you are fighting those damn dhalmels with AGI boost in MMM or some really evasive HNM.

"Sorry but hagun met it's match if we can confirm that with SS."

No, seriously, if you play SAM, you would know how beneficial 100 TP is to WS's. Only awesome thing about this is the Store-TP.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 22:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious? TP bonus is better then 5 hit setup?

omfg please stop playing Samurai seriously LOL. Like i said WS ACC+ is similar to Magic ACC+ it seems like you are fully mistaking WS ACC with regular ACC.

As i said before WS ACC can help land critical or higher damage.... why the hell else would it even exist?
 Fenrir.Mozart
user:
By Fenrir.Mozart 2009-07-22 22:36:52

WS acc+ and acc+ is the same thing for a 1-hit WS (Y/G/K) . And yes, 100TP on every WS > 5 hit G.kat with shitty base dmg. You really need to understand how this works, can someone please back me up? lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 22:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It exists because it's accuracy that only applies to WS's and not to regular attacks. Hence WEAPON SKILL accuracy. Pretty sure it does nothing for crit hits, otherwise it would be called "weapon skill crit hit rate". I'm not sure why you brought magic accuracy into it, but that is also accuracy only, does nothing more, nothing less.

Having said that, store TP+12 and 3 STR is huge and the accuracy is just an added bonus. I think a 5 hit build probably would out-parse hagun, but I have absolutely nothing to back that opinion up except for "just 'cause".

Also, the other great thing about weapon skill accuracy on the Katana means that A: You'd be a lot better off on HNM and things that people actually give a crap about, and B: You could swap out acc on other gear slots in exchange for STR/attack. Might not be a valid point depending on your gear and what's out there, but it's something to consider none the less.

Edit: This GK has higher base damage than Hagun btw <_<
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-22 22:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mozart said:
WS acc+ and acc+ is the same thing for a 1-hit WS (Y/G/K) . And yes, 100TP on every WS > 5 hit G.kat with shitty base dmg. You really need to understand how this works, can someone please back me up? lol

sorry...you just lost this argument.
even if it was an argument over 1+1=fish
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 22:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A 5 hit build gets you 25% (I think) more ws's than a 6 hit build, so unless Hagun is doing 25% more damage per WS (which seems unlikely to me, but I'm no sam), then 5 hit wins.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-22 22:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to help, but I'm already stuck >_>

6hits -> 5hit is dropping by 16.6666667%. So you WS 16.6666667% more often.

At the same time, 5hit->6hit is adding 20% more swings... So you WS 20% less.
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-22 22:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

ROFL LMAO OMG HAHAHAHA LMAOOOOOO ROFL LOL LOL OMG
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-22 22:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:
Ludoggy said:

ROFL LMAO OMG HAHAHAHA LMAOOOOOO ROFL LOL LOL OMG

That wasnt supposed to be funny.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 22:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
I'm trying to help, but I'm already stuck >_>

6hits -> 5hit is dropping by 16.6666667%. So you WS 16.6666667% more often.

At the same time, 5hit->6hit is adding 20% more swings... So you WS 20% less.

Yeah, surprisingly hard to calculate lol, I just did 100/6 = 16.6, so that's 16 weapon skills in 100 hits, compared to 100/5 = 20, which is a VERY rough 25% increase <_<
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-22 22:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi:Gekko
Damage Multipliers by TP:
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
1.5625 1.875 2.50

Supposedly a 0.3125 dmg multiplier difference from 100 to 200% TP.

Over 60 hits making assumptions on 1k base dmg per WS (not taking into consideration STR or weapon base dmg difference)...

Hagun - 10 WS x 1.875 x 1000 = 18750
Rindomaru - 12 WS x 1.5625 x 1000 = 18750

To me that means comparing 5 hit to 6 hit makes Rindomaru better, adding that you have better base dmg on Rindomaru and STR+ I would be guessing that Rindomaru is actually the better piece. Not only that but all your normal melee will do more dmg due to higher STR and base dmg, and if you get the magic dmg bonus above that's more dmg you're doing.

My conclusion using no physical proof is that I would sell my Hagun now before they drop.

And yes my math is probably really flawed.

Edit: I realised I didn't look at melee data, you're losing a swing so you're actually doing less dmg there so maybe the extra base dmg and STR doesn't make that big a difference. If that's the case I'd probably still go for the Rindomaru because it's not 3mil.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 23:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
It exists because it's accuracy that only applies to WS's and not to regular attacks. Hence WEAPON SKILL accuracy. Pretty sure it does nothing for crit hits, otherwise it would be called "weapon skill crit hit rate". I'm not sure why you brought magic accuracy into it, but that is also accuracy only, does nothing more, nothing less.

Having said that, store TP+12 and 3 STR is huge and the accuracy is just an added bonus. I think a 5 hit build probably would out-parse hagun, but I have absolutely nothing to back that opinion up except for "just 'cause".

Also, the other great thing about weapon skill accuracy on the Katana means that A: You'd be a lot better off on HNM and things that people actually give a crap about, and B: You could swap out acc on other gear slots in exchange for STR/attack. Might not be a valid point depending on your gear and what's out there, but it's something to consider none the less.

Edit: This GK has higher base damage than Hagun btw <_<

This is not fully true blaz, although nobody can totally confirm it including myself (YET) the reason your damage fluctuates. While it's true WS ACC and ACC are not related, the actual higher end damage itself is done with a better WS is landed versus the mobs defense/VIT/AGI. WS ACC to my knowledge will A) Ensure you land the WS without missing and/or B) put you at the higher end of the damage spike.

I'm seeing alot higher/better typical numbers with the MTK helmet i got earlier (and no not because of +1 STR). Just alot more reliable numbers in general and i HAVE seen quite a few more DA or Critical WS's. Could be luck at this point though. I'll try to post SS's or actual numbers eventually.

Also 5 hit setup will in fact do 20% more output over time... blaz was almost right on that part. People have to get over the stigma of hagun and understand that 5 hits-> WS will in fact to much more damage over time then 6 hits-> WS.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 23:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Tachi:Gekko
Damage Multipliers by TP:
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
1.5625 1.875 2.50

Supposedly a 0.3125 dmg multiplier difference from 100 to 200% TP.

Over 60 hits making assumptions on 1k base dmg per WS (not taking into consideration STR or weapon base dmg difference)...

Hagun - 10 WS x 1.875 x 1000 = 18750
Rindomaru - 12 WS x 1.5625 x 1000 = 18750

To me that means comparing 5 hit to 6 hit makes Rindomaru better, adding that you have better base dmg on Rindomaru and STR+ I would be guessing that Rindomaru is actually the better piece. Not only that but all your normal melee will do more dmg due to higher STR and base dmg, and if you get the magic dmg bonus above that's more dmg you're doing.

My conclusion using no physical proof is that I would sell my Hagun now before they drop.

And yes my math is probably really flawed.

Edit: I realised I didn't look at melee data, you're losing a swing so you're actually doing less dmg there so maybe the extra base dmg and STR doesn't make that big a difference. If that's the case I'd probably still go for the Rindomaru because it's not 3mil.

^ This right here is spot on theory. (Theory being of course because this is new as of what... uh.. today?)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 23:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandele said:
User submitted image

Ho...ly.... ***....

*looks at his nobles tunic carefully* *looks back at this post*
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-22 23:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what i really want to see is the bow post-production
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-22 23:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for parse results before making a choice lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 23:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, hmp+9 is epic, wonder how many different slots I can get ridiculous hmp on?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-22 23:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandele said:
User submitted image

Holy ***.

Additional flaw in Rindomaru argument: no guarantee you'll get the augments you want. Between gil spent and opportunity cost it would be easy to spend more trying to get a viable Rindomaru over a Hagun.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-22 23:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the Katana, i dunno how to get augs though lol, or if i need ppl or w/e
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-22 23:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Very true, but at 50k a pop (if you have them synth'd, not off AH... I think) you have 60x5=300 tries! :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-22 23:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Very true, but at 50k a pop (if you have them synth'd, not off AH... I think) you have 60x5=300 tries! :D

Opportunity cost, aka time spent trying to get augment rather than doing anything else.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-22 23:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:

Additional flaw in Rindomaru argument: no guarantee you'll get the augments you want. Between gil spent and opportunity cost it would be easy to spend more trying to get a viable Rindomaru over a Hagun.

From what i can tell... it's only 60,000g cost to make the item... about a level 60~ smithing craft. And it's only 60,000 because one of the items comes from the past.

There are some people getting WS damage+3% and STR+ on it now. Versus a hagun which is 3 million gil on my server lol.
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-22 23:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Karusan said:

Opportunity cost, aka time spent trying to get augment rather than doing anything else.

You going to factor the time getting 3mil as well?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 70 71 72