New Augment results
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 70 71 72
 Garuda.Tyfoon
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: TYF00N
By Garuda.Tyfoon 2009-07-24 20:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seem much scythes yet. Whats up with that?
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-24 20:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Was that in sky you got the magic attack bonus? If so it seems sky might give out better augments.

It's a level 51 item, I thought doing superior FoV was useless if the item was like low level ?
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-24 20:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Poof said:
Clumps said:
I just got my Rindomaru aug'd to :
Store TP+11
Weapon skill dmg+4%
Weapon skill acc+4

Now i need help whats beter this or Hagun?

Well, if you can get a 5 hit build, that's where you have an argument, and that's the majority of the discussion of Hagun vs. Rindomaru.

User submitted image

To get a 5-hit build with a 450 delay weapon, you need 74 Store TP and you need to do it in a way that doesn't sacrifice too much of your other gear, Haste & Accuracy being the two people fear losing the most. That's one of the reasons a lot of people would recommend full usukane while attempting this setup.

With that being said, let's look at a potential 5-hit setup with Rindomaru.

+25 Store TP IV Samurai Level 70 Job Trait
+10 Merits 5/5 in Store TP
+13 Usukane body & feet (preferebly set for the Haste as well)
+5 Rajas Ring
+4 Rose Strap
+15 Rindomaru
+1 Brutal Earring
+1 Attila's Earring or Ecphoria Ring

+74

You could forgo the Rose Strap, Attilla's Earring and/or Ecphoria Ring if you ate Carbonara.

Remember Rindomaru has higher base damage than Hagun, but that doesn't mean Hagun's TP Bonus is worthless. It's still an incredible weapon.

There's different ways to go about this, and Rindomaru also makes a 6 hit build extremely easy without wearing garbage Hachiman gear or meriting Store TP. You only need 45 Store TP to get a 6 hit build with a 450 delay weapon.

So, it really depends how you go about it. If you set up a strong 19% Haste full Usukane 5-hit Rindomaru build, then it is definitely a weapon that can give Hagun a run for it's money.

There are other ways to get Store TP if you are missing some or all pieces of Usukane, although, you may sacrifice Haste & Accuracy to go any of those routes. You should be able to get to 74, though, even without a Rindomaru with Store TP +15

Make sense now?

<3 Love this.

So many people are butt hurt over this and will defend hagun until the end though. The way i see it, if you have some decent pieces of usukane... and keep a good run of haste... hagun just got owned.

But again careful, there are already a million debates an hour going on for this lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-24 20:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Chaosx said:
Was that in sky you got the magic attack bonus? If so it seems sky might give out better augments.

It's a level 51 item, I thought doing superior FoV was useless if the item was like low level ?

Lol, forgot those are only 51. That's damn sweet for an augment at that level.

Edit: Someone did a SH (57) in sky today and got Resist Virus lol. So lower level items will work in higher FoVs.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-24 21:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Antipika said:
Chaosx said:

Edit: Someone did a SH (57) in sky today and got Resist Virus lol. So lower level items will work in higher FoVs.

It's not what I meant. I know it works, I mean, why pay 450 tabs if you can pay less for the same augment ? Like doing sky or VoS with a low level item won't get you better augment, that's what I thought at least.

Otherwise it's *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, get a lv20 item with INT+6 ?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-24 21:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Chaosx said:
Antipika said:
Chaosx said:

It's not what I meant. I know it works, I mean, why pay 450 tabs if you can pay less for the same augment ? Like doing sky or VoS with a low level item won't get you better augment, that's what I thought at least.

Otherwise it's *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, get a lv20 item with INT+6 ?

That what we're trying to figure out. I guess I should've asked where you got that augment as opposed to did you get in sky.
 Fairy.Poof
Server: Fairy
user: Gaea
By Fairy.Poof 2009-07-24 21:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:

<3 Love this.

So many people are butt hurt over this and will defend hagun until the end though. The way i see it, if you have some decent pieces of usukane... and keep a good run of haste... hagun just got owned.

But again careful, there are already a million debates an hour going on for this lol.

no problem :) And the point is, different things work for different people depending what they have currently and will have access to in the future. Some people just can't find the time to Salvage for example.

I think both can be great solutions alongside relic and mythic weapons as well, its just a matter of preference. People just need to be mindful of giving their Store TP purpose. For example, don't merit Store TP 5/5 unless you are actually doing something with it, and don't merit more than you need to for your 5 or 6 hit setup. If you plan to put more time into SAM for a strong 5-hit Usukane setup, only merit Store TP and/or use gear (such as Rose Strap) as much as you need to, and take into consideration that you can forgo things like Rose Strap with food like Carbonara.

Using this formula can help you calculate what you need for a weapon with any delay.
base TP/hit * [1 + (StoreTPTotal / 100)]

Using the example of a Hagun or Rindomaru 450 delay (11.5 base TP return):

11.5 * [1 + (45 / 100) ] = 16.675 (16.67 tp/hit is needed to get 100 TP in 6 hits)

11.5 * [1 + (74 / 100) ] = 20.01 (20 tp/hit is needed to get 100 TP in 5 hits)

To input this into a calculator such as the one that comes with windows press:

1 + 74 / 100 [Enter] * 11.5 [Enter] and that's how much TP you'd get per hit.

On longer delay weapons you may find a way to get 25 TP per hit setting you up a 4 hit build, especially during campaign with wacky things like Rose Strap. I haven't researched this so it may or may not be possible, because you'd need 93 Store TP for a polearm with 480 delay. EDIT: It is definitely possible, at, least with a Rose Strap in campaign. Neato :)

On a personal note, I was planning to do the full usukane/rindomaru 5-hit setup.
 Asura.Chiririn
Server: Asura
user: Chiririn
By Asura.Chiririn 2009-07-24 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i risked my rainbow cape and my results was ice resistance +12 and earth resistance +15. it was a FoV in valley of sorrows. i guess i made the right choice in picking out a cheap equipment instead of wasting a valuable or expensive equipment like noble's tunic and some others. my notes on this augmented rainbow cape was that "too bad that it's not that good", but it was the augmented stats if you guys asked me.

my tip for augmenting the equipment is that don't try to risk your own valuable or an expensive equipment if you don't have the money to re-obtain the equipment back to its normal stats.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-24 22:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*** polearm lol,

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17810

And

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18446

Both having Stp on the weapon itself w/ 480.

If ur gna do a 4 hit, use 1 of them :O, Futsuno being better
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 22:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Futsuno Mitama is the best GK in the game, free 5 hit build thanks to high delay AND Store TP +8, as well as 8 STR that procs on ws.

Pachipachio on the other hand isn't that hard to get, yet not many people use it, because it's not that great. Only having 2 Store TP means that you're sacrificing too much good gear to activate the 5 hit build, AND it has -6 accuracy.

I think Rindomaru is going to have the same issues as pachipachio though, as 15 STP still won't get you as close to a 5 hit build as 480 delay and stp +2 I think, so you still have those gear sacrifices. If Rindomaru turns out to not give Hagun such a run for it's money as people thought because of these sacrifices, the 15stp will at least allow for a very easy 6 hit build, allowing you to optimise the rest of your gear for damage better, making it the cheap SAMs weapon of choice.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-24 23:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Futsuno Mitama is the best GK in the game, free 5 hit build thanks to high delay AND Store TP +8, as well as 8 STR that procs on ws.

Pachipachio on the other hand isn't that hard to get, yet not many people use it, because it's not that great. Only having 2 Store TP means that you're sacrificing too much good gear to activate the 5 hit build, AND it has -6 accuracy.

I think Rindomaru is going to have the same issues as pachipachio though, as 15 STP still won't get you as close to a 5 hit build as 480 delay and stp +2 I think, so you still have those gear sacrifices. If Rindomaru turns out to not give Hagun such a run for it's money as people thought because of these sacrifices, the 15stp will at least allow for a very easy 6 hit build, allowing you to optimise the rest of your gear for damage better, making it the cheap SAMs weapon of choice.

Yea, no,

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18318 Kthxbai.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=95568 6 Hit Amano, w/ 21% Haste, obvious u can minus Yoic and Ninurta, and get Speed and black tathlum or w/e for range, and Mar's for Ultha ring or w/e Toreadors.

Shits on any 5 hit build ever. Kaiten > All.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 23:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah fair enough, hidden effect and Tachi: Kaiten kinda surpass the actual stats.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-24 23:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Yeah fair enough, hidden effect and Tachi: Kaiten kinda surpass the actual stats.

Its Stp+7 i believe, which imo, is not enough lol, should be like Auto 6 Hit w/ no gear and just Merits >.>
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-24 23:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

friend got DMG+4, ACC+10, Triple Attack +2 on THF augment weapon
 Bahamut.Gengi
user: Gengi
By Bahamut.Gengi 2009-07-24 23:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hackstealandbot said:

Need moar pix!! lol thats actually something id get ezly 4 thf looks like a sic off hand 4 my x's
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 23:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Pic got deleted <_<
 Lakshmi.Drekien
Server: Lakshmi
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2009-07-24 23:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

badass.
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-25 00:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gengi said:
Hackstealandbot said:

Need moar pix!! lol thats actually something id get ezly 4 thf looks like a sic off hand 4 my x's

kk ill take a screen of it when he logs on next
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-07-25 00:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

From FoV Sky
Errant Body
+2 AGI
Resist Stun +3

meh.

ninja edit: id post a picture but i play on 360 and dont know my mail pw for pol ww fail
 Lakshmi.Ryansrc
user: sryanc28
By Lakshmi.Ryansrc 2009-07-25 01:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

not bad not great but better then it was

User submitted image
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-07-25 01:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
It's some nice for my Rng ^^
Edit: Ummm i meant SAM/rng
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-25 01:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chefm said:

I still can't work out how to link and image that's hosted on ffxiah :/
 Titan.Ardiem
Server: Titan
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2009-07-25 01:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did Errant Body and got +1 Def! Yay Me! My girlfriend got +2str +11Light Resist on her Nobles, and a friend we were helping got -5 Agi +2 Int Mnd on his Scouter's Rope! Yay!
 Fenrir.Blizzle
Server: Fenrir
user: Blizzle
By Fenrir.Blizzle 2009-07-25 03:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Chefm said:

I still can't work out how to link and image that's hosted on ffxiah :/

...umm RNG can't wear that. Or were you kidding?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-25 03:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, he prolly didn't notice :o
 Lakshmi.Ryansrc
user: sryanc28
By Lakshmi.Ryansrc 2009-07-25 03:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i love this augment for my thf

User submitted image
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-25 03:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
lol, he prolly didn't notice :o

Give it about 15mins.. and he'll be like..

"Wait a sec... *shuffles through inventory* ... *checks his main job*

"Orite. ._."
 Asura.Sneaker
By Asura.Sneaker 2009-07-25 06:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

holy *** ....
this aquilo's is awesome! ur rly loved by altana lol
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-25 07:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

not mine sadly
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-25 07:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

just a thought could there be some correlation between job and race that u trade items as?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 70 71 72