New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 73 74 75
By Nocki 2016-10-30 00:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only 3 sets there that aren't up to date beecause I figured they were irrelevant.

Click on the set to check the augments, I usually list ideal stats for merlinic pieces and the cape on the actual itemset.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-05 00:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I DD geo leveling up?
/nin dual wield clubs or /blm nuke?
 Asura.Cicion
Server: Asura
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-11-05 00:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You could open or close SCs but our best DD gear is leagues behind in terms of multi attack and Storetp compared most Main melees. Better off /rdm nuking. Of course you you get in a apex bats pt and using melees burn i guess when not /nin and club it up as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-05 01:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was asking for leveling ;x
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-05 01:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pretty much just let your best DD trusts wreck the leveling monsters, so pick between casting or meleeing based on your trust selection.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-11-05 04:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest summon a couple dd trust and spend your time spamming cheap geo-spells on mobs. Capping skill takes forever unless planning on buying a bunch of books when 99.
[+]
By mrlooolz 2016-11-05 10:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
There's only 3 sets there that aren't up to date beecause I figured they were irrelevant.

Click on the set to check the augments, I usually list ideal stats for merlinic pieces and the cape on the actual itemset.

Thanks! now just to find a great GEo lua that i can work on to tailor to my needs
By Gruknor 2016-11-06 19:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that any geo debuffs do not work for the frog ambuscade nm? I was just told that they do not work, I feel silly because I have been doing frailty this whole time.
By Nocki 2016-11-06 20:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That is true, unfortunately.
We still take a GEO in our group but they do fury. (We also take a BRD for March/Minuet and COR for crooked cards Chaos Roll)
[+]
By Gruknor 2016-11-06 21:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for confirming that for me. It seems really strange.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-06 22:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Since geo spells can't be resisted(I dunno why) the only way for SE to make them not the best in every situation is to literally code bosses so that geo spell effect = no instead of yes.
[+]
By Nocki 2016-11-06 23:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Or to make them have a rage mech if you use debuffs eg. Oryx
[+]
By mrlooolz 2016-11-08 00:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Or to make them have a rage mech if you use debuffs eg. Oryx

Thank you so much for this great support and answering our questions. Do you have a fovrite .lua? Do you unquip th ebell after every cast?
 Asura.Lazskini
user: lazskini
By Asura.Lazskini 2016-11-11 23:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just starting out so this will be my first job doing actual content.
Building a frw sets to start off (Geo Skill, Fast Cast, Idle and Pet DT/Regen), but am pretty stumped for the latter.

Pretty much everything I read is saying to go with augmented Telchine in the majority of slots, so today I attempted that and spent a few mil on Duskorbs and only came away with seeing it once...

Are there any alternative options here? Maybe Merlinic (I could have merced a few pieces with the amount that I spent on stones) as that's a lot cheaper to augment.

Thanks in advance!
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-11-12 00:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lazskini said: »
Just starting out so this will be my first job doing actual content.
Building a frw sets to start off (Geo Skill, Fast Cast, Idle and Pet DT/Regen), but am pretty stumped for the latter.

Pretty much everything I read is saying to go with augmented Telchine in the majority of slots, so today I attempted that and spent a few mil on Duskorbs and only came away with seeing it once...

Are there any alternative options here? Maybe Merlinic (I could have merced a few pieces with the amount that I spent on stones) as that's a lot cheaper to augment.

Thanks in advance!

You can use something like this, if you don't want to go the Telchine way.

{ main="Idris", --25% Pet
sub="Genmei Shield",
range="Dunna", --5% Pet
head="Azimuth Hood +1", --Pet: Regen +3
neck="Loricate Torque +1",
ear1="Moonshade Earring",
ear2="Ethereal Earring",
body="Jhakri Robe +1",
hands="Geomancy Mitaines +1", --11% Pet
ring1="Vocane Ring",
ring2="Gelatinous Ring +1",
back={ name="Nantosuelta's Cape", augments={'Pet: "Regen"+10',}}, --Pet: Regen +10
waist="Isa Belt", --3% Pet. Pet: Regen +1
legs="Artsieq Hose",
feet="Bagua Sandals +1"}) --Pet: Regen +3

Without Idris, you can change the legs to Psycloth Lappas for more Pet DT, and earrings with Handler's Earring/+1. Also, Solstice is good for the set as well.
By mrlooolz 2016-11-16 01:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure this has been covered multiple times but I just wanted to check. my first ambuscape I went with Int +30 / MAD+MA +20 / MAB +10 for my nuking set.

I am wondering what I can do for a 2nd and 3rd cape. I am guessing FC and Pet Regen ? I read in the SCH forums that you can cap FC via other means. So does that apply for GEO as well?

In short, Do I need 2 more ambuscapes? If yes what do they look like. (assume I will fill every slot)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-11-16 01:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

INT/meva/pet regen is super good and should take priority for your next cape. FC isn't super important since Lifestream Cape has 7% FC and GEO has access to a ton of FC gear, but it's something you could bear in mind for future capes (INT/macc/FC for stun etc).
By Nocki 2016-11-16 01:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 GEO Ambu Capes and then a Lifestream Cape.
Ambu Cape 1: 30 INT/ 20Mdmg + Macc/ 10 MAB
Ambu Cape 2: 60 HP/30 Meva + 20 Eva/ 10 Pet: Regen
Lifestream Cape: 20 Indi Duration, 7+ Geomancy

Since lifestream cape already has 7% Fast Cast I didn't see a need to make an ambu cape for it.
[+]
By mrlooolz 2016-11-16 04:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
INT/meva/pet regen is super good and should take priority for your next cape. FC isn't super important since Lifestream Cape has 7% FC and GEO has access to a ton of FC gear, but it's something you could bear in mind for future capes (INT/macc/FC for stun etc).

I have 2 GEO Ambu Capes and then a Lifestream Cape.
Ambu Cape 1: 30 INT/ 20Mdmg + Macc/ 10 MAB
Ambu Cape 2: 60 HP/30 Meva + 20 Eva/ 10 Pet: Regen
Lifestream Cape: 20 Indi Duration, 7+ Geomancy

Since lifestream cape already has 7% Fast Cast I didn't see a need to make an ambu cape for it.

Thank you very much for your time and reply
By mrlooolz 2016-11-16 14:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question. How come fenrir +1 does not beat out shiva +1
By Vijara 2016-11-16 14:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

mrlooolz said: »

Assuming you're referencing nuking sets...

Higher INT and MAB than the Fenrir +1 is why it's better. Shiva also would have more magic accuracy too for nukes.
By Nocki 2016-11-16 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

mrlooolz said: »

The short answer is because of INT Calculations.

Longer answer:
If we're looking at only single target nuke spells (because formulas change based on multi target and some other variables), then a simplified version of the furmula for the purpose of this explanation is:

D(MAB/MDB)

D = MDmg + V + (dINT × M)

As I mentioned there's many other variables and you can look at them all here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Damage
The only things we need to look at for Shiva vs Fenrir though are what I have stated above.

So, dINT and M are where the benefits come into play with Shiva winning over Fenrir. The higher your int is over the targets int, the more damage you do. M is a coefficient that is tied to the tier of the spell. The higher tier the spell, the more damage it does. Simultaneously, the less int you have over the target the higher M gets. If your int is too low, then V (which is the spells base damage value) will be 0.

That being said, the higher your dINT, the more magic damage is beneficial over additional INT and this is hugely noticable on Tier 1s and 2s. (Which is why technically Fenrir beats Shiva in most cases for T1-2). I'm explaining this in sort of a roundabout manner, but what I'm trying to say is that INT contributes more to higher tier spells on higer level mobs than magic damage ever can.
By mrlooolz 2016-11-17 03:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting! Thanks.
 Sylph.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-11-19 09:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to climb the coalition ranks, so I'm getting the stuff for Idris in advance.

Quote:
200 Ghastly Stones
200 Verdigris Stones
200 Wailing Stones

How do people get these nowadays? HP Bayld are not an issue and plams it's just finding ppl to farm Delve I guess.
 Bahamut.Altron
Server: Bahamut
user: Kayeel
By Bahamut.Altron 2016-11-19 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're able to get your hands on verdigris or wailing stones +2, you can trade them in to Ornery Dhole and he will give you obsidian fragments in exchange. 8000 for a +2 wailing and 4000 for a +2 verdigris. Then just buy the nq's from him. Fastest way I ended up doing it when making mine last year.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2016-11-19 09:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruranto said: »
Starting to climb the coalition ranks, so I'm getting the stuff for Idris in advance.

Quote:
200 Ghastly Stones
200 Verdigris Stones
200 Wailing Stones

How do people get these nowadays? HP Bayld are not an issue and plams it's just finding ppl to farm Delve I guess.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ornery_Dhole

Need 70k O.fragments to buy all stones. They are obtained in various ways from Skirmish or via copper vouchers exchange.
 Sylph.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-11-19 11:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Altron said: »
If you're able to get your hands on verdigris or wailing stones +2, you can trade them in to Ornery Dhole and he will give you obsidian fragments in exchange. 8000 for a +2 wailing and 4000 for a +2 verdigris. Then just buy the nq's from him. Fastest way I ended up doing it when making mine last year.
That sounds what I was looking for, thanks!

Do you know if +1 version work too?
By Gruknor 2016-11-19 11:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruranto said: »
Bahamut.Altron said: »
That sounds what I was looking for, thanks!

Do you know if +1 version work too?

They do, but you get less obsidian fragments.
 Cerberus.Boleslaus
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Boleslaus 2016-11-19 13:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just traded in pages for o frags
By Gruknor 2016-11-19 14:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boleslaus said: »
I just traded in pages for o frags

pages? you mean copper vouches?
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 73 74 75