Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-05 13:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Someone once explained to me that we could opt to use autoexec when gs is down. Is anyone familiar with this? Few questions if anyone can please enlighten me a bit.

Is it really any different than setting up equipsets within our macro's I.E. Faster than SE, more efficient?

Opinionated, what would you think the difficulty level of "coding" a script is? I suck at coding anything. /Laugh I found HTML to be confusing. So ya, is it at all worth trying considering?

Thanks for your time.

When I finish with meetings for the day (roughly an hour or so) I'm going to test GS and organizer and re-enable them, if it hasn't happened by then.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-08-05 13:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
When I finish with meetings for the day (roughly an hour or so) I'm going to test GS and organizer and re-enable them, if it hasn't happened by then.

Nice!

By no means was I trying to rush you guys with gs. But the update is HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks Windower Team. You guys are the ....!

And thank Rook for the direct update.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-05 13:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

GS is going to require some testing on GEO before it can be reenabled
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-08-05 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

tried to log in 2nd acct. first acct. crashed.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-08-05 19:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Arkhaaaaaaaaan! And Byrth, and Rooooooooks! :-D
Come home and fix gearswap.

Thanks for all the support, guys. Smashing job, that.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-05 19:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Arkhaaaaaaaaan! And Byrth, and Rooooooooks! :-D
Come home and fix gearswap.

Thanks for all the support, guys. Smashing job, that.

I got busy RL this afternoon :\ But Byrth got things working (with one caveat)! It'll be unlocked soon, sorry for the wait.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-08-05 19:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry; sorry if it sounds cliche, but I have to say it. You guys are everyday heroes!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-05 20:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

GearSwap actually worked fine as soon as LuaCore was fixed.

I've re-enabled both it and Organizer.

The caveat is that GearSwap will override your manual GEO spell positioning until LuaCore is updated to include the new offset information. You basically just don't benefit from the extra positioning, but otherwise it has no impact at all.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-05 20:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, many /bows and thanks to you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-08-05 20:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The windower team is one of the reasons I keep playing this damn game. Thank you all once again!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-05 21:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

GearSwap on -dev supports a buffactive-like table for your party members.

Keep in mind it will only update when you make an action.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-05 22:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The gearswap addon isn't updating data to gearswap profile.

gw flush gives a "Still downloading items in case (58/80 != -1/80)"

same error after reinsatlling.

I don't know if it's related, but relics/empy/mythic and points / server rank are not showing under my ffxiah profile. (was already so before the update.)

I'd like to know if it's for everyone or just me.

(Thanks again for your time)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-06 08:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has it been found what is causing Gearswap/Shortcuts (it's one of the two) not displaying the "AoE marker" on the ground when you use a spell from a macro?

When you unload GS/Shortcuts it works, but if you load them back it stops working.
Not sure if this demonstrates it depends on one of those, as far as I know it could depend on Lucaore or something else.
Regardless it would be awesome if it could be fixed!

Side note: have more packets been added this patch? Have the previously added packets (last patch) started to be used from this patch?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-06 09:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw the marker yesterday, but I think I always had Shortcuts loaded. I'm not sure why, but it's probably Shortcuts causing the problem.

SE used the 12 bytes added at the end of the outgoing action packet (it's a position offset for Geo- spells relative to the spell target).

They also added an incoming packet 0x076, which is huge (244 bytes) and is updated every time a party member in the same zone gains or loses a buff. It's theoretically possible to make an addon that displays status effects next to names on the party list all the time, but it would require some filtering because there's the potential for 32 buffs. At present, I've just exposed the party member buffs in the party structure in gearswap (on -dev for the moment).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-06 09:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience with the markers:
With GS/Shortcuts loaded it works if you use it from the menu. It doesn't work if you use a command, short command or a macro.
With GS/Shortcuts unloaded it works everytime except when you use a command (of course).

The new packet potential would be nice to be integrated into Timers, who wouldn't have to read chat log anymore for buff wearing but could simply check the related packet for higher accuracy and, probably, simplify the interal code of Timers a lot.

Byth some questions about these new packet, if you had a chance to analyze it in details:
  1. Does it work for all alliance members or does it hold data only for current party? (SE worded like it works for party only but I have a feeling it works for alliance too)

2. What kind of data is conveyed to this packet? I assume buff name, icon number, target name, nothing else? I guess no "original caster" data and no "duration" either?

3. The official system currently works only works for buffs. Could it be that internally the packets have unused data about debuffs as well?

4. Likewise, does this packet include hidden data for enemy targets as well?

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-06 09:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I didn't check whether it works for alliance, but there's only enough room in the packet for 5 people (a party minus you, because your buffs are carried by the 0x037 packet). It seems unlikely to me that it would work for alliance members, and if it did then it would have to be longer.

2) For each player, you get player ID, player index, two padding bytes, and then 40 bytes that are used to convey 32 buff IDs. I'd bet the two padding bytes are unused and there's no space for any extra content. So no, nothing else.

3) I didn't check debuffs. I assumed it would send information about them too, but perhaps not? If you are motivated, you can use the -dev version of GearSwap to answer this question.

4) No, only for the other 5 members of your party.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2015-08-06 12:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys for all that you do ^^
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-08-06 12:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should use this feature so we can debuffs on monsters... it would help so much for spells/abilities that do damage and also inflict a debuff. You just can't tell whether or not it actually applied.

Either way it would just be useful to actually keep track of debuffs.

Features like buff tracking, AoE markers, style lock... I never imagined they would be able to implement them. I'm amazed.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-06 12:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same here, they are also adding statustimers officially next update. I always wanted something that tells you if an additional effect landed for blu spells, its really annoying that you can't tell like with the DEF downs outside of roar. They also need to officially do something like azuresets.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-06 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else getting weird issues where targets randomly deselect?

I tried doing Quick Draw on a Puk, first one shot off fine, and then it detargetted like the mob died, but it hadn't. Had to retarget to fire again.
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-08-06 13:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I never saw the marker yesterday, but I think I always had Shortcuts loaded. I'm not sure why, but it's probably Shortcuts causing the problem.

I briefly looked into the marker when it was first released. It's GearSwap's st* handling that blocks the display (I think):
Leviathan.Vow said: »
That may not be so easy to fix. When you enter a command with a <st*> target, the client follows it up with a second command:
>/ma Meteor <stnpc>
>client parses command
>/ma Meteor mob_id -- spoofed by the client. This previously did nothing, as far as I can see. The mob_id displayed is the id of the mob targeted by the arrow as it appears.
>player presses enter
>/ma Meteor mob_id -- the actual target of your spell, as chosen by you.

GearSwap also parses outgoing commands:
>/ma Meteor <stnpc> -- nope, not enough information to spoof an action packet. Let the command pass and set a flag saying the user entered a subtarget command. Pretarget occurs here.
>/ma Meteor mob_id -- the subtarget flag is set; block this line and reset the flag. This prevents GearSwap from interpreting the line as a new command.
>player presses enter
>/ma Meteor mob_id -- now GearSwap has the information it needs to write and send the packet. Block this line so that the client doesn't generate a packet as well.

The problem is that the previously unused line spoofed by the client (bold) is the line used to create the /aoe circle.

Asura.Sechs said: »
The official system currently works only works for buffs. Could it be that internally the packets have unused data about debuffs as well?

The picture in the update thread shows a poison icon as well. I kind of want to add that information into Nostrum, but there would be a lot of hurdles.

Windower only has the spell/ability icons available, and it would take too much time to manually rename/map the status icons. Additionally, most of the spell/ability icons are unfamiliar at 32x32 and pretty much unrecognizable at the size they'd need to be.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-06 13:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the real problem is that there are more arguments to the outgoing text buffer than we are passed / can return from LuaCore. One of the flags that formerly looked useless is now probably used for the targeting circle, so there's a difference between the game's /ma spellname mob_id and Shortcut's version.
 Phoenix.Tigertail
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2015-08-06 15:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had a chance to really PLAY the game since the update but I've noticed the CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND TargetArray in the log when my character first loads. Its after the DressUP Blink Prevention Settings so I guess that's what its about. Just thought I'd mention it since I hadn't seen anyone else say anything about it. :D Thanks to all that work so hard to make this game more enjoyable.
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-06 19:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tigertail said: »
I've noticed the CRITICAL ERROR: FAILED TO FIND TargetArray in the log

Guildwork is causing this error. Windower also launches the same guildwork update everytime you run it. They're probably working on it.
 Odin.Nappy
Server: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2015-08-07 01:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Timers was causing that for me. now I crash on any warp I pick from a HP
 Odin.Nappy
By Odin.Nappy 2015-08-07 01:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: FFXiMain.dll, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55ba02dd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001b5062
Faulting process id: 0x6f54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d0d98d5f5ae7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll
Report Id: bf7c3350-0d16-4ef3-8776-8d37bb0798b0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
 Odin.Nappy
By Odin.Nappy 2015-08-07 01:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

threw on updated maps and works!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-08-07 01:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to update FFXIDB so that it displays onscreen map even for the two Escha zones?
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 102 103 104