users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Plugins broken via Version Update
Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 102 103 104
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-18 15:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Railbender said: »
afin said: »
hi there aint sure if this ones been said or not as i'm not sure where this fits in which plugin, but everytime i walk a step in game it'll come up as

Earthsday
windsday
lightsday
darksday
earthsday

and so on. Thought i'd better report it incase it'd not been said, many thanks =)

This is because autoexec is broken. To remedy for now //unload autoexec

Somethings still kind of worked I thought just edited my xml but may need to unload it lol didn't play much. It really goes batshit in the mog garden spamming days like crazy...
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-18 16:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A new Hook is out which should make AutoExec and other time-related plugins work again (Like the gametime-addon for LuaCore). It will however require a POL restart.
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2014-03-18 16:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way to unload GC when it hangs?
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-03-18 19:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »

should be able to stop it by writing //gc stop. if you have Kb input locked then open console and weite GC stop.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2014-03-19 01:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno if it helps anyone, but in my GC settings I have everything locked except for my satchel and sack. When I keep my satchel with enough free space it will work fine, when it gets full mid collect it hangs. If i start manually pulling ***I need out of the satchel it will auto put gear into the satchel from my inventory (like it normally would do if it wasnt full).

Hope that helps~

Asura.Backstab said: »
Siren.Stunx said: »

should be able to stop it by writing //gc stop. if you have Kb input locked then open console and weite GC stop.

thank you very much, this worked. It was a *** for me to deal with seeing that when GC hangs, some plugins wouldnt work/load/reload/unload.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-03-19 02:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

copying my post from BG

Well I've found a temporary bypass for gearcollector, which leads me to believe it has something to do with the code in detecting that its finished transferring stuff from one storage area and moving on to the next or detecting inventory count.

So far everyones been saying "it moves safe then freezes". I disabled mogsafe, and with that disabled, it moved to my locker, and worked. So I decided to repeat that, disabling locker, and it then pulled from satchel. I filled my inventory 78/80, and my satchel 80/80. It would pull two pieces of gear in the xml from satchel, move two unused pieces of gear back, then freeze. I would force stop it, then run it again. Again it would pull two pieces of gear from satchel, move two other unused pieces back, and freeze again.

Perhaps the above helps the devs figure out whats wrong.

As for the bypass, set all your used storage settings to false except one, and keep running gc. When you're done with one area, edit gearcollector.xml, unload and reload gearcollector, and do it again. Its kinda time consuming, but you wont forget gear this way.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-03-19 02:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We know what's wrong, and it's being addressed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-03-19 02:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for those who want to use it till its fixed, they have a way to use it?

Sorry for trying to help with bug reports. Would you prefer "wah devs arent fixing ***" posts, because I dont think those are constructive at all. I wasnt aware "we know whats wrong, its being addressed". Last mention of GC's progress is this:
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
We're still not sure what caused GC to go bonkers. The code is pretty much identical to what it was before. We're working on it, but since no one of us actually uses GC, we don't even know how it's supposed to work, so it's not coming along as quickly as it could be..

So once again, sorry.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-03-19 02:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just updating on the situation.. but okay.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-19 03:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people always get so angry about this stuff? These guys aren't being paid to develop and fix Windower after every update. A couple things not immediately getting repaired isn't the end of the world.
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-19 03:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a new Hook out which should fix GC, Itemizer, Find and related plugins (everything that uses items).
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-19 04:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacub said: »
Is there any chance someone is going to fix PlasticSurgeon? I know it's not supported very often but it also rarely breaks ;(

What exactly doesn't work with PlasticSurgeon?
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-03-19 06:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, PlasticSurgeon works fine for me. The only thing that makes it flip out is zoning into the Feretory while it is loaded.
 Bahamut.Alkk
Server: Bahamut
user: Alkai
By Bahamut.Alkk 2014-03-19 10:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything working fine after updating except game crashing when I switch to another character
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-19 10:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Why do people always get so angry about this stuff? These guys aren't being paid to develop and fix Windower after every update. A couple things not immediately getting repaired isn't the end of the world.

Because many are just pampered self entitled aholes and don't appreciate the hard work and effort it takes for these guys to do such great work for free.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-19 10:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Because many are just pampered self entitled aholes and don't appreciate the hard work and effort it takes for these guys to do such great work for free.
I would argue that it's a good sign of the windower teams good work, if what they provided was poor quality, no one would care if it was broken, people are vocal about the problems because they rely heavily upon windower and the various plug ins, as a result they get frustrated when it doesn't work.

Happens with everything people rely on, most people are thankful for the work put in by the Windower guys.
By Selindrile 2014-03-19 10:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo, gearcollector works! Only issue I see still is my statustimers are still hanging occasionally. And yeah, I don't understand why some people feel the need to complain about something they're being gifted.
 Asura.Bungee
user: Bungee
By Asura.Bungee 2014-03-19 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all of the fixes everyone! I know a lot of people that would stop playing if windower wasn't supported anymore. SE should be paying you guys.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2014-03-19 18:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jacub said: »
Is there any chance someone is going to fix PlasticSurgeon? I know it's not supported very often but it also rarely breaks ;(

What exactly doesn't work with PlasticSurgeon?

On the Plasticsurgeon issue, it will lock the race/face of the first character you log into on an account, but if you try to use the text commands to change it, it will not accept the commands and does nothing.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-19 20:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Try PlasticSurgeon again.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2014-03-20 18:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Try PlasticSurgeon again.

Finally got a chance to get back on and commands are working correctly again. Great work as always. \o/
By mlem 2014-03-23 18:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

she's a broke
she's a no work.

since most recent windower update the plugins are broke for me still. basically if i load any it lags me down from 30fps to like 4fps. even without plugins it's still only like 10~15fps. This is with bare bones minimal other processes running on comp (just task manager open and windower going). tried uninstall reinstall, still terrible.

help please?
 Asura.Shirou
By Asura.Shirou 2014-03-23 19:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't get the LuaCore update to download after the latest version update. Stops at 543KB. Tried it on my other computer, same problem. I have to manually load the plugins now. Any ideas?
By Xnite 2014-03-31 20:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having issues loading targetinfo addon? im getting this code error

C:/Program Files/Windower4//addons/targetinfo/targetinfo lua:62: ambiguous syntax (function call x new st

i cant read rest its cut off by my screen

edit: heres the lua code that was in the folder
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-01 01:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Insert a ; at the beginning of line 62, that will fix it. The fix is on the dev build already, but we cannot fully merge it to live yet.
 Valefor.Shystie
Server: Valefor
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2014-04-01 23:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just some things that I have noticed;

Timers? (Whichever shows how long signet has been up, etc) Some times will change and copy one next to it. For example, I die in an AA fight and the time on the event status symbol will change. Right now it says I have had signet for 10 hours and 39 minutes and I have only been logged on for maybe 3 hours.

Clock - Europe just changed their clocks. Now GMT is an hour behind. I tried switching some things to mimic MST as now I am told they are on BST, but no success. If any other options, I am unaware of them.

Thanks for all you do!
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-04-01 23:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been noticing that PlasMon has been misbehaving. When I enter a Delve, it'll start up, but then when the zone change happens it takes that as "Delve is over" and turns off again.

Also, when using //plasmon help, it pops an error:
plasmon: Lua error (runtime) - <directory>/plasmon.lua:398: attempt to index global 'chat' (a nil value).

And as an aside, I've been noticing that when I log out of a character, I get a wall of "Cannot allocate value global/allydmg" and things like that, not sure which plugin/addon that one is coming from though.

Edit: On checking again, the second error is a bunch of lines with the format:
Could not safely merge values for 'global/<a bunch of different things>', string expected (default <strange character>), got number (random number).
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-02 06:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The error message spam is due to Highlight, although it shouldn't affect its function.

Plasmon has been reportedly broken for a while, but no one seems willing to fix it.

The Timers issue is likely due to our new way of parsing buffs, I'll look into it if I can manage to reproduce it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2014-04-03 03:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking over the lua file for Plasmon, I notice this bit that jumps out, and wonder if it could be safely commented out to restore functionality.

Line 291
windower.register_event('zone change', stop_tracking:cond(function(id) return id == 271 and track end))

And on looking down a bit further, to line 398, I'm seeing the code goes:
log(chat.chars.wsquare..'<insert text here>')

On glancing at some other add-on lua files, I see them using 'print' instead, could/should that log() be changed to 'print' to restore functionality?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-04-03 05:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

print outputs to the console, log to the chatlog, there's no other distinction (at least no relevant one).

Try changing line 291 to this and see if it helps:
Code
windower.register_event('zone change', stop_tracking:cond(function(_, old) return old == 271 and track end))
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 102 103 104