Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-24 11:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Hang on. .. counting flowers on the wall is still playing

By the way... thanks for the flashbacks Mag!
I was humming that damn song all day.

Then suddenly WHOOSH! I was four or five year old me at the moose lodge after church on sunday for all you can eat sausage gravy and biscuits wearing coke bottle glasses and corduroy pants.

forty something years later that was some pretty damn good biscuits and gravy /tastes it

looks around the room I wonder if that was the only reason I saved this one....
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-24 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »
Happy birthday Misa!

Going out to celebrate?

yeh going out to sushi and sake later in the evening
:D

thanks everyone for the bday wishes :D
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-24 12:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was humming that damn song all day.

I'm going to be now, too.

Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-01-24 12:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »
Happy birthday Misa!

Going out to celebrate?

thanks everyone for the bday wishes :D
Sushi sounds so good :Q
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-24 12:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I concur with the aforementioned statements regarding the day celebrating Diego's birth.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-24 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
I love working

There is something very seriously wrong with you man...

/block
ftfy

I was just busting your balls bro...clam down

PARKER Edit:
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-24 13:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

You should play Roy 2 at Blips and Chitz!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-24 13:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

new father john misty album coming out, but the limited edition pre order one is 38 dollars .-.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-24 13:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-24 22:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-01-24 22:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shaddap and gimme now.

Edit: Also, I noticed that you mixed your wasabi with soy sauce. That's a sushi faux pas, but I love it, too. For some reason, that magical combination makes sushi awesome.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-25 01:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Shaddap and gimme now.

Edit: Also, I noticed that you mixed your wasabi with soy sauce. That's a sushi faux pas, but I love it, too. For some reason, that magical combination makes sushi awesome.
no, I didnt mix it, dont like to mix wasabi with the soy sauce. that is just lil bits of spicy mayo falling on the soy sauce cup when dipped on.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-25 02:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i usually get nigiri. it's not uncommon to have a lil wasabi and then dipping (fish only, not rice) in the soy sauce. at a nice sushi place the sushi chef may add wasabi based on what he thinks you will like/what you're gettting/how he feels that day. some things taste better with soy sauce, but more fatty fish have a more buttery taste and the soy sauce isn't as good imo. i like soy sauce on most tuna and yellow tail. if i get red snapper (personal fav) and salmon (depending on where it's from) i don't do soy sauce. then sometimes i do. it's all delicious, honestly.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-25 02:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My heart always bleeds when I see sushi like this, sure everyone loves it but it's the western (unhealthy) version of sushi.
Japanese people wouldnt concider this to be sushi.
Good sushi is fish and sushi rice in its purest form. Good sushi you should never eat with wasabi, throughout the ages they added wasabi as a garnish because back in the days when sushi was fermented rice and fish with ricevinegar (cause we didnt have fridges nor cooled foodtransports)wasabi had an antibacteriel effect (it still has).

....ugh I want some sushi now...
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-25 02:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My heart always bleeds when I see sushi like this

i'm a bit of a sushi snob, but i just talk about what i like without trying to say things like this. i personally usually get sushi as a meal and get lots of nigiri (fish/rice) or sashimi (just fish). however, when i go to the hibachi place with my family, i think it's cool to get this kind of stuff to get people to try sushi. plus, some of it's really tasty. it's not 'traditional sushi' and not what i personally get when i am craving sushi, but your heart bleeds =/?

*Edit* you find a way to tell me a deep fried salmon cream cheese roll isn't amazing!
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-25 02:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
My heart always bleeds when I see sushi like this

i'm a bit of a sushi snob, but i just talk about what i like without trying to say things like this. i personally usually get sushi as a meal and get lots of nigiri (fish/rice) or sashimi (just fish). however, when i go to the hibachi place with my family, i think it's cool to get this kind of stuff to get people to try sushi. plus, some of it's really tasty. it's not 'traditional sushi' and not what i personally get when i am craving sushi, but your heart bleeds =/?

*Edit* you find a way to tell me a deep fried salmon cream cheese roll isn't amazing!

Deep fried salmon cream cheese roll sounds awfull and I would never eat it.
I'm obsessed with food didnt you notice yet? I just think its a shame that the western sushi variant has added fried onions, mayo sauces to sushi just to mask that the fish being used is of inferior quality.
I'll refrain of using poetic terms like "my heart bleeds" in the future and will use only simple English words.
My heart always bleeds when I see sushi like this = I hate Western sushi crap that looks and tastes like they molested the original
...Dunno just thought it sounded nicer.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-25 02:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

waxing poetic wasn't my reason for taking issue with your statement. throwing out hyperbole like that at a post someone shares with friends about something they enjoyed at their birthday dinner seems a bit dickish to use simple american-english words.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-25 02:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

waxing poetic wasn't my reason for taking issue with your statement. throwing out hyperbole like that at a post someone shares with friends about something they enjoyed at their birthday dinner seems a bit dickish to use simple american-english words.
If you look at it that way it was dickish. I hope Misao had a nice birthday and he/she enjoyed their sushi, I was just pointing out my opinion on sushi.
I suppose bad timing on my part. I give up.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-25 02:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at it that way it was dickish. I hope Misao had a nice birthday and he/she enjoyed their sushi, I was just pointing out my opinion on sushi.
I suppose bad timing on my part. I give up.

your statement would be perfectly valid in a deep sushi discussion that i'd love to have a thread on. i wasn't trying to be over critical. i'm celebrating no work tomorrow by drinking and posting!

did you know magnus is our resident self-taught sushi chef? thank god someone got taught something properly with that degree =D?! i think josi has attempted sushi as well. something i'd like to make, but land locked states aren't good places for good sushi fish. i guess i could make trout or catfish sushi...?
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-25 03:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-25 03:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

so i've been reading a thing about making almond milk. it seems pretty straightforward. it's not really cheaper than buying it already made. the big difference is apparently in the amount of almonds used to make it. apparently the packaged has a lot of fillers. i might have to give it a shot. supposed to be better.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-25 03:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

so i've been reading a thing about making almond milk. it seems pretty straightforward. it's not really cheaper than buying it already made. the big difference is apparently in the amount of almonds used to make it. apparently the packaged has a lot of fillers. i might have to give it a shot. supposed to be better.
Think you just need to soak almond and dates in water (vanilla cane can do too), and then blend it after a day with a little of coconut oil. Good almonds are expensive though, almonds go in a wide range of prices here and the cheap ones are far worse quality then the expensive ones.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-01-25 07:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to exacerbate the point further, but I will say over these past five years or so I've gradually come to accept sushi as an amazing foodstuff that I will drop anything to engorge upon.

I think my favorite is still salmon nigiri, which is just salmon sashimi over a finger of rice. Simple and delicious, although apparently we need to avoid the current salmon crop because apparently a lot of American salmon has been tested positive for worms. Blugh.

That being said, I love sushi in its pure form, but I also like it when it's elaborate. I know it's not traditional, but I've learned that tradition is a horrible reason to do something. I'm up for trying something new, and so far I have not been disappointed. Most complicated iterations I've had were drizzled with sriracha mayo and usually included tuna belly. Also, I had one last week that was tempura battered and fried, and that led to a chewy quality that really set it apart.

As far as my own iterations of sushi, to be perfectly honest, I'm not exactly the accomplished chef as Hevs said, although I appreciate the gesture. I've dabbled a few times and have made some sushi, but I have yet to touch raw fish. The only reason I won't do it is because that fish has to be of a certain variety and has to undergo a specific series of tasks to be sushi worthy. Salmon (my favorite) usually comes naturally riddled with parasites that are usually cooked out when you cook it but served raw... not so much. It has to undergo a freezing process that takes the meat below -30 Fahrenheit in order to kill off everything before bringing it back up to room temperature to use as sushi. Most grocery stores don't do that. And I'll nevernevernevernever use farmed fish for sushi. Here's a fun fact - farmed salmon meat is actually naturally gray. They add chemicals to change the color so it looks appetizing.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I don't have the means or the resources to make raw fish sushi, which makes me sad because I love the stuff. Instead I'll go to places that serve raw fish who are certified to do so. They take the right precautions and know when their product is ready. Until I find a place that serves sushi quality fish that I can trust, I just stick with krab. Also, sometimes I'll make canned tuna salad sushi, and that's pretty good if I'm looking for the flavors without going out and getting krab.

Now I'm hungry for sushi again.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-25 08:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Chinese Wednesday

not make Nik beg for an asian fusion bistro exception so he can get both...day...so hungry for sushi you ***.../dies

PARKER! write our motion at once
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-01-25 08:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll call it Prop ASIA.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao