FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 17531 17532 17533 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having super vivid weird dreams. I might be on the verge of that stroke. or maybe there's an earthquake coming....

I'll let you guys know.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 16:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having recurring apocalyptic dreams for a few months, so far nothing happened though.

But just in case watch out for:

Tsunami in California
Alien invasion
Moon exploding and pieces falling from the sky killing people in a blazing fire.

Been having these three so many times now, I don't even get scared in dream anymore.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-28 16:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch the reaction of the sheep dog! Stroke, storm or earthquake he knows what's up.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 16:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, I think he might be going deaf or something. barks at people he knows when they approach the house lately.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 16:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the world is about to end when I have dreams of good things happening.

Like hitting people I hate in the face with a brick, and here's a good example: Today I went to a Tim Horton's for breakfast and ordered a Bagel BELT (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, and Tomato) combo. I was charged for that combo, but was originally only given a BLT sandwich. I was a little upset, so I had to tell her what I wanted... a second time.

She tried to argue with me. Then, she tried to tell me she had to charge extra for the hash browns (despite already charging me for the meal). So I said *** it, took just my sandwich, and left because I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to fight with her, or her manager.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 16:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching dogs grow old is depressing.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 16:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
How do you feel about watching a raccoon age?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-28 16:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe both you and Seha need less stress in your life? It's manifesting in your subconsciouseseseses?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 16:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That one incident was more stress than I've had in the past 2-3 weeks combined.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 16:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
How do you feel about watching a raccoon age?
Not as bad. I never seen coons as man's best friend.
I'm not even a dog person, but it's not something I like to watch.

Also unrelated:

*** stress!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 17:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

*** stress!

we can't all be chinese backed eastern european slumlords...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-28 17:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave all gadgets out of the bedroom and flip on some classical music at a very soft volume.

That's all I got.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 17:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want to use the drunk dealies legitimately.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 17:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
*** stress!

we can't all be chinese backed eastern european slumlords...
Fair enough.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Leave all gadgets out of the bedroom and flip on some classical music at a very soft volume.
I read this too quickly at first. That is all.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

some classical music at a very soft volume.

I like the hum of a fan better, white noise & all that.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 17:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's all I got.
that's a good idea. Though I might change music genres.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-28 17:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally chalk that up to the server looking out for my health. She knew I didn't need more fried food. I sometimes tip extra when a server doesn't let me drink too much soda or coffee.
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I generally chalk that up to the server looking out for my health. She knew I didn't need more fried food. I sometimes tip extra when a server doesn't let me drink too much soda or coffee.
That would partially be why I ordered a BELT. And because I love bacon and eggs.

But having to explain it, and then have the server argue over it, is ridiculous *** that isn't even about health. Their hash browns are toasted the same way as their bagels. And I paid for a meal, not an argument.

Edit: I can understand a server trying to offer an alternative meal if asked for suggestions. This wasn't the case at all. I paid for a meal, I should have received what I paid for. So essentially what happened is she got away with stealing from a customer.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A life without stress..wouldn't that be great
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 17:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got other plans.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 17:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I've got other plans.
do they involve evil, drinking, gardening, or a combination of the aforementioned?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-28 17:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That would partially be why I ordered a BELT. And because I love bacon and eggs.

But having to explain it, and then have the server argue over it, is ridiculous *** that isn't even about health. Their hash browns are toasted the same way as their bagels. And I paid for a meal, not an argument.

I get it, and I've been in the same situation, I just made a choice to let things go about 10 years ago and I find I'm much happier just taking life as it comes. Similarly, when I stopped worrying about money and putting so much focus on it, I found it came a lot easier and was no longer a concern worthy of stress. My blood pressure is about 25/40 points lower and I sleep like a baby.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Stressors are just part of life, it's how you deal with them that matters. In a given day, 99.9% of the things that cause stress aren't worth stressing, you make them stressful.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 17:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

evil, drinking, gardening, or a combination of the aforementioned?
Getting drunk while spreading salt in other people's yard?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-28 17:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just teach yourself how to prioritize it.

Is it within your realm of control? If it isn't, then toss it in the mental "*** it!" pile, so you don't get neurotic about it.

EDIT: Beaten by Jassik!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-28 17:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

mmm...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

it's how you deal with them that matters
Yeah..but unfortunately people like me don't handle it well at all.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-28 17:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there are any 'bad' words in this one though I might have missed something

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-28 17:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsunami in California
:<

tbh I had one like that a while ago, except the tsunami came from inland, while the ocean side had some giant water sprouts all over the place.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-28 17:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it, and I've been in the same situation, I just made a choice to let things go about 10 years ago and I find I'm much happier just taking life as it comes. Similarly, when I stopped worrying about money and putting so much focus on it, I found it came a lot easier and was no longer a concern worthy of stress. My blood pressure is about 25/40 points lower and I sleep like a baby.

Stressors are just part of life, it's how you deal with them that matters. In a given day, 99.9% of the things that cause stress aren't worth stressing, you make them stressful.
Some people have no choice but to worry about money sometimes. Thus when they do get the chance to splurge (however small it is), they shouldn't feel like they've been robbed, swindled, or anything of the sort.

But what you've said, seems to be an allusion to simply letting people rob you blind, and not worrying about it because it's only money. I don't make in excess of 50k a year to not worry about money. I don't have a partner to split the costs of living to not worry about money. I still have to live on thrift because that's what my budget dictates.

I get that people make mistakes, and most people are willing to own up and correct those mistakes. I can live with those people. This person, however, chose to make something that was supposed to be quick and convenient, painful and slow. Paid for a specific combo, received only a sandwich, and the wrong one at that. When I tried to correct it, she argued, and I had to explain 5 times. Mistakes are one thing, but this was another entirely.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-28 17:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

it's how you deal with them that matters
Yeah..but unfortunately people like me don't handle it well at all.

I hear that from a lot of people and I don't put much stock in it. I used to grind my teeth and had insomnia. I just made the choice to let things go and developed a mental exercise to break down my stresses and put them to rest.

I get that people make mistakes, and most people are willing to own up and correct those mistakes. I can live with those people. This person, however, chose to make something that was supposed to be quick and convenient, painful and slow. Paid for a specific combo, received only a sandwich, and the wrong one at that. When I tried to correct it, she argued, and I had to explain 5 times. Mistakes are one thing, but this was another entirely.

My perspective that you know you were right, you agree a dollar or two isn't worth the headache, why continue to dwell on it? She might be having trouble at home, maybe she's just a flake, who knows. I don't have time to think about what other people do or why they do it, I've got games to play and dogs to run around the yard with.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17531 17532 17533 ... 18549 18550 18551