[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-23 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I'm sorry guys... this was all a lie... I have been the victim of indoctrination. The pledge of allegiance has ruined me and now I worship the united states like I worship god.

I did not know anything until today...

HOW MANY LIGHTS DO YOU SEE.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-23 11:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 11:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/04/teenager-gun-vagina/

Best part about this story, the subjects name.

Remember kids, when you say guns don't kill people; people kill people. It's like saying toasters don't toast toast; toast toasts toast.
toasters don't toast toast

they toast bread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-23 11:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You've obviously never had fun with philosoraptor.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-23 11:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Need to mull this over. Too many damn Farmer Teds in the John Hughes saga that is FFXIAH. Not enough Duckies from 'Pretty in Pink'.
What in the name of Poseidon's giant, blue, engorged crank does that mean?

On bullying threads in the past, when I've suggested that activities (to channel your strengths and give you awareness of where you might be lacking as you mature) and involvement, can deter bullying, I've been called a bully on here because I was involved in student activities and clubs. :/

It's an obnoxious, cyclical argument sometimes when you have people who, either through their own accord or their parents', have a preconditioned view and still harbor an "us versus them" mentality into their adulthood.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 11:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Acknowledging contrary data appears to be largely anathema to a considerable proportion of the internet and, by extension, everyone on the planet.

The difference, I guess, is that when I hear someone say something patently wrong to me in real life (easy example: a co-worker was saying that creatine supplementation helps you look "cut," when it actually has exactly the opposite effect), I just roll my eyes and carry on with my life. That XKCD about "someone on the internet is wrong!" captures some weird aspect of human nature.

Well, that and correcting the wrong person in real life can be a good way to get assaulted or harassed or, in a pinch, made to regret even waking up in the morning by the 40-minute diatribe that follows.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-23 11:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I'm sorry guys... this was all a lie... I have been the victim of indoctrination. The pledge of allegiance has ruined me and now I worship the united states like I worship god.

I did not know anything until today...

HOW MANY LIGHTS DO YOU SEE.
What is light? There is something other than black? What have I been doing all these years!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-23 11:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-23 11:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that and correcting the wrong person in real life can be a good way to get assaulted or harassed or, in a pinch, made to regret even waking up in the morning by the 40-minute diatribe that follows.

this is where you went wrong. give em' hell in rl too!!! who gives a ***? if you're living comfortably all the time, are you even really living?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 11:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a natural pedagogue (or pedant, if you prefer -- there's a story associated with that one), so it's really hard for me to walk past when I hear someone say something incorrect. I won't get into a screaming match about whether Obama is running the country right, but it makes my skin crawl to still hear people call him Muslim.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-23 11:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a natural pedagogue (or pedant, if you prefer -- there's a story associated with that one), so it's really hard for me to walk past when I hear someone say something incorrect. I won't get into a screaming match about whether Obama is running the country right, but it makes my skin crawl to still hear people call him Muslim.
You better be right a whole lot or that's gonna get pretty embarassing for you...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-23 11:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to use humor and satire to get my points across since I find people are more willing to hear you out if you coat the vegetables in bacon grease.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 11:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You better be right a whole lot or that's gonna get pretty embarassing for you...
I am.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-23 11:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Or perhaps get a job at Fox News. They like a pedagogue... or was it pettifog?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-23 11:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to use humor and satire to get my points across since I find people are more willing to hear you out if you coat the vegetables in bacon grease.
Idk... you seem to use righteous anger a lot too...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-23 11:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Today on FOX News, Obama has breakfast with African warlords then stumbles his way through a mass grave.

Michelle Obama tortures suburban youth in CIA detention center with broccoli and tofu. Breaks one child's leg after he asks about hash browns.

Radical liberals blow up #1 reactor, claim that Exxon is draining all the energy out of the planet. Plans to shut down sector 7 underway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-23 11:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a natural pedagogue (or pedant, if you prefer -- there's a story associated with that one), so it's really hard for me to walk past when I hear someone say something incorrect.
You could ask a podiatrist about that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-23 11:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Today on FOX News, Obama has breakfast with African warlords then stumbles his way through a mass grave.

Damn he's a busy guy since he just had sushi in Japan in preparation for that summit meeting tomorrow.

proofs: http://news.yahoo.com/obama-opens-japan-trip-famous-sushi-restaurant-115936720--politics.html
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-23 11:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Damn he's a busy guy since he just had sushi in Japan in preparation for that summit meeting tomorrow.

hahahaha

the Chinese are pissed...
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
I'm a natural pedagogue (or pedant, if you prefer -- there's a story associated with that one), so it's really hard for me to walk past when I hear someone say something incorrect.
Except that if we're going to go by the etymological reason why pedagogue and pedant are synonyms, I'd be better off consulting a pediatrician.

Michelle Obama tortures suburban youth in CIA detention center with broccoli and tofu. Breaks one child's leg after he asks about hash browns.
I'd pay to watch that. Whatever he says, I'm pretty sure Rush Limbaugh would wank to it, too.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-23 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, AH can be unwelcoming for newcomers until everyone gets a feel for each other.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-23 11:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Except that if we're going to go by the etymological reason why pedagogue and pedant are synonyms, I'd be better off consulting a pediatrician.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-23 11:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In another world I'm behind a pulpit. I do love the sound of my own voice and I can be as long winded and ornate for no apparent reason. I blame video games and theater - mainly villainous monologues. So many times I wish I had a cape just to watch it swish in the wind...

Why say in one sentence what you can say in a paragraph!

There is plenty of reason to be angry if you understand the consequences of issues. I find many people in my life live in a state of complete apathy and it bothers me. They may be content with swaying in the wind, but I'm not. What I say here is usually dialed up for dramatic effect but I guess that'd be hard to discern!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-23 11:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

*ba dum tssssss*

edit*

for mil
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-23 11:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Acknowledging contrary data appears to be largely anathema to a considerable proportion of the internet and, by extension, everyone on the planet.

The difference, I guess, is that when I hear someone say something patently wrong to me in real life (easy example: a co-worker was saying that creatine supplementation helps you look "cut," when it actually has exactly the opposite effect), I just roll my eyes and carry on with my life. That XKCD about "someone on the internet is wrong!" captures some weird aspect of human nature.

yeah I like to leave people alone when they're wrong, way more fun to play ignorant irl but it's fun here too.

Usually you get to see or know them realize the truth on their own anyway and I hate gloating in general so I find it better to just continue to play dumb even afterwards lol
Without going too much into details I'll tell you guys a secret(which you probably already knew of): if you tell a professor in front of the whole class that they are wrong they're not gonna take it too well.

@derringer: while it may not be very big object(relatively I guess..), Idk, I wouldn't use that as a pocket in general..
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 11:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn blast and damn, I missed the pun. And hate you because I hate puns. But, good one, nonetheless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-23 11:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn blast and damn, I missed the pun. And hate you because I hate puns. But, good one, nonetheless.
The alliteration appealed to me ;D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-23 11:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

"Prof, you're a *** idiot and I'm going to tell you why."
*leaps out of chair, grabs dry ease from prof, starts writing on whiteboard*
"And now you know why you're a *** idiot. Class dismissed everyone."

Everyone takes being wrong different but damn near everyone reacts the same to being embarrassed or flat out insulted. How you go about correcting someone is everything.

It's the difference between a teacher and an *** looking to score intelligence points.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16584 16585 16586 ... 18549 18550 18551