First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Dourid
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2013-11-16 20:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kadoyuu said: »
Gnole isn't that bad anymore! I took mine to 90.(Post Monstro update) Train a bunch of T ~ VT mobs and pop Counterstance + Cacophony and switch back to "sitting" version. Counter everything to death.
Wow, I'm eating my words up there. You're absolutely right. The alpha stance ability turned gnole into a relatively bearable monster. Cacophony is a good move. I have to say the haste doesn't last too long, making switching between stances a bit of an inconvenience, but it lasts long enough to be able to keep it on full time if you stay in the upright stance, which I don't mind at all.

The double exp is helping tremendously and while still no where near the best, I can definitely say gnole is not the worst thing to level any more.
 Phoenix.Trede
Server: Phoenix
user: sdcalikid
By Phoenix.Trede 2013-11-16 21:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

can the fighting stance be macro'd? if so, how?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-11-16 21:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got Gnole unlocked now and I LOVE IT!

Only problem is I don't know places I can counter cleave my way to Lv99 post 54 as it seems stuff stops linking lol.

Anyhow you can macro it in by this line

/ms "Fighting Stance α" <me>

Just copy and paste that. If you can't then you gotta figure out how to do some wierd commands with the number pad I believe.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-11-16 22:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they would add The Boyahda Tree, Gustav Tunnel, Korroloka Tunnel, etc. There are some great options now, but even more options would be nice
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-11-16 22:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Annalise said: »
I really wish they would add The Boyahda Tree, Gustav Tunnel, Korroloka Tunnel, etc. There are some great options now, but even more options would be nice

Omg I would love to just counter cleave robber crabs.

Edit:
You can type the α symbol by holding Alt and typing 224. When you let go of the Alt key the symbol should show up.

Edit2:
Ok the Alt 224 doesn't work in FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2013-11-23 20:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
I've got Gnole unlocked now and I LOVE IT!

Only problem is I don't know places I can counter cleave my way to Lv99 post 54 as it seems stuff stops linking lol.

Anyhow you can macro it in by this line

/ms "Fighting Stance α" <me>

Just copy and paste that. If you can't then you gotta figure out how to do some wierd commands with the number pad I believe.

Crawlers nest on just about anything will work after that Bhaflau on spiders and Eruca. Then to Caedarva.. undead / imps / flies all work after that its Maze of Shakrami? (or is it Labyrinth) Either way the Bats/Leech/Crawlers in there work fine even further is the bottom floor of Garbage Citadel. Can also go back to CN if that suits you. Can level up until 95ish(or is it 97) there.
By Sonja 2013-11-25 05:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss you already double exp
[+]
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2013-11-26 01:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sonja said: »
I miss you already double exp

Isn't that the truth. After seeing the exp back to it normally was, it's time for a break!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2013-11-26 13:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I started monstrosity with double experience . It felt like that was the normal experience. Until the next double experience ......
By Sonja 2013-12-10 16:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to spread the word that it IS possible to do some of these new "Records of Eminence" objectives as a monster. It's no double exp but I'm happy with it!
[+]
By Sonja 2013-12-11 04:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of double exp...
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/11335/detail.html

Quote:
Wednesday, December 11, 2013, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Tuesday, January 14, 2014, at the same hour.
[+]
 Sylph.Ratixfarence
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Ratixfarence 2013-12-22 17:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Thought I'd share a real nice tip for aspiring Wamoura/Wamouracampa.

At level 40 you get Vitriolic Shower, that coupled with Heat Barrier and your natural high Defense, You've got a pretty good method of Exp'ing that most people might not think of.

The idea of this is to get about 250% TP off a mob, any old mobs will do, then find a good mass (5-10, get an idea for how much they hit you, etc) of Easy Prey~Decent Challenge enemies and gather them up, Barrier > Vitriolic Shower.

Enemies die slowly from DoT and your Blaze spikes, Use Vitr. Shower whenever you have TP, try to save at least 100% by the end of the wave. Once you get the hang of it you can easily off 6-10 Mobs a wave and make 15k/hr or so if you get a good camp.

Highest i peaked was 20k an hour before i got bored, blew through level 50/51 In Crawlers nest before I got hungry and left >_>;

I imagine this method won't work well past 55-60 where enemies HP is more annoying, But for 40-55 or so you can ease the pain of Wamoura by utilizing this.

A good camp for 47~53(?) is Crawler's Nest in either the Lizard Room, or the CaveBerries. There's enough Crawlers around to train a good 5-6 of them between Lizards/Berries. This method will only support 1, Maybe 2 Wamourcampa, so please be courteous to others...

good luck!
For an simpler wamouracampa cleave at any level, you can turn on belligerency and head to Buburimu Peninsula (even easier with wamoura instinct 1 and 2 and tarutaru instinct II and as much -PDT and -MDT you can stack on) 90% of the mobs (Birds, Gobs, Dhalmel, and Crawler) not only are easy prey, but they all link and are an easy pull with banish or AoE.
Use heat barrier and sentinel before pulling too many and ultimately using thermal pulse as much as you can, since you should have 300% TP easily from all the mobs hitting you.
You should be able to pull 8-16 mobs depending on the way you get it done and your equipped instincts.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-12-22 17:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

in my defense I totally made that guide months before belligerency was a thing D:

But yah that would work wonders.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2014-01-24 00:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are not needing Infamy points, I did RoE quest :monsters killed in monstrosity at Konschtat Highlands one shotting everything. can do 100 mobs in 20-30 mins for 5k exp each time. got tired of killing demons, and got my Dhamel to 60 in no time.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-01-24 04:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
If you are not needing Infamy points, I did RoE quest :monsters killed in monstrosity at Konschtat Highlands one shotting everything. can do 100 mobs in 20-30 mins for 5k exp each time. got tired of killing demons, and got my Dhamel to 60 in no time.

You should try belligerency level 30 cap in Buburimu. If you flag 10 kills @ Buburimu, water crystals and the repeatable Eminence 200 vanquished enemies and 100 kills in Mon and stick to the beach by Bikibi Bay zone you'll exp much faster.

Did this with Slime only because it sadly has no TP / Magic abilities but I've been able to jump to level 93 using this method.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-01-25 09:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any monster is easily taken to 99 at Buburimu under beligerency.

BLM monsters especially. I've got both my mains and alts Lapinions knocking on 99 just from doing the Timed Quests there for the free vouchers.

With sensible instincts I can just not quite manage to 1-shot stuff with Stone II.
But the follow up hit takes 95% of them out. So it's quick going anyway.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2014-01-27 02:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried the bellgerence thing at Bubu. too slow. i do better at just killing ***in konsshtat highlands for 10.5k per 100 mobs. no need to have exp mobs for that one to work.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2014-01-27 07:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
I tried the bellgerence thing at Bubu. too slow. i do better at just killing ***in konsshtat highlands for 10.5k per 100 mobs. no need to have exp mobs for that one to work.

Ahh fair enough. It's a nice method though, just can't nuke or TP as a Slime so it's super slow for me xD
By tazkwondo 2014-02-07 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a way where you could blm/war/thf/anything (blm is easier as you can actually control the dmg) cleave the RoE 500 dmg objective to 199 and then switch to your monster to collect the 5,ooo xp. Same goes for the Vanquish 200 monsters objective. Vanquish does not work in Abyssea yet and I don't think they're in a big hurry to "fix" that issue but... If they did... You could easily obtain about 30,ooo+ xp on a monster in less than an hour. Currently one of the best places for the Vanquish 2oo is probably Kuftal tunnel as a lot of things link and can be AoE'd with relatively little danger to a 99 level job.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-02-13 16:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A simple question for anyone who may have tried or discovered this by accident.
- Can you get merit points as a monster?

I'm asking merely to save myself capping level 99 to find out.

I know that you would have to cap 99 first before it could even give you merit points.
And that it would reset your xp to zero each time you swapped monsters to a different family.

But I was just trying to think of an enjoyable way to earn free merits whilst getting Sparks as well. Monstrosity is great for getting sparks.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2014-02-13 18:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that answers that for myself then. No you cannot get Limit points on a monster.

My 99 Lapinion capped and had 1 xp remaining.
And did not get limit points from either completing RoE quests, or even killing xp level mobs.
It still said 'experience points' in the log for gained xp.

Sucks to be me...
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-10 12:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Double exp campaign GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-03-10 17:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So outside of Uleg, any good place to level a BIG mob 85+? This is assuming I'd like to avoid being level 30...
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-10 17:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
So outside of Uleg, any good place to level a BIG mob 85+? This is assuming I'd like to avoid being level 30...

I'd like to know this too lol. Spamming stone for hours not exactly fun.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-03-24 08:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use your exp band then start monstrosity does the dedication effect wear off?
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2014-03-24 14:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So.....
A friend came across a problem I wasn't able to answer and I cannot find any info on it so far, so hopefully someone knows offhand or can point to where this is explained:
Apparently you cannot level as a monipulator past 50 and presumably every 5 levels after if you have not done limit breaks on that character?
I have not come across this personally as my mules' monsters are varied and none are at 50 yet.
Is this true? I can understand not having access to spells which you haven't learned, but why put a level cap on monstrosity advancement?
Possibly so lower-level chars cant farm spoils in belligerency?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-24 20:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
So.....
A friend came across a problem I wasn't able to answer and I cannot find any info on it so far, so hopefully someone knows offhand or can point to where this is explained:
Apparently you cannot level as a monipulator past 50 and presumably every 5 levels after if you have not done limit breaks on that character?
I have not come across this personally as my mules' monsters are varied and none are at 50 yet.
Is this true? I can understand not having access to spells which you haven't learned, but why put a level cap on monstrosity advancement?
Possibly so lower-level chars cant farm spoils in belligerency?

Yes it's true. You can level to the maximum level of your character. So if you haven't done any limit break quests, your max level in Monstrosity will be 50.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-05-06 01:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I got this weird message while leveling behemoth in Uleguerand Range (in belligerency).

The top line. What the heck is that?

Edit: nevermind. Just realized it was cuz I got HNM status back. (I had lost it from buying Elasmoth.)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3248 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2023-03-27 20:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they ever release better 80+ large camps? About to hit 90 on Behemoth on Scowlenkos, no idea where to go afterwards.